PDA

View Full Version : Please Delete

Complex Emotions
October 26th, 2016, 12:28 AM

MrsGoodies
October 26th, 2016, 04:17 AM
Night sweats are caused by elevated estrogen levels. When you lost weight, your estrogen levels probably dropped as well.

I know mine dropped 40% on this girl diet.

atomic sagebrush
October 26th, 2016, 04:09 PM
^^^^ that.

They used to think it was low estrogen that caused them but it's now believed to be that when E is low, the body will make estrogen surges to try and "catch up" and this makes the hot flash feeling.

And the weird thing is that even though they are believed to be caused by high estrogen, a lot of us get them in the 2WW and also right before period. (remember, secondary estrogen surge!!)

And another weird thing is that the estrogen levels seem to be relative, meaning it's not the levels per se but something your body perceives so one person can get them at low levels, some at higher ones. There seems to be some kind of ratio between estrogen and prog. that causes them and it's not the levels themselves but fluctuations.

I do want to assure you that I had them in my mid 30's and thought "OMG menopause" but then went on to have 3 more kids after that, over the next 8 years or so.

sweetsunshine7
October 27th, 2016, 02:46 AM
It's true how it's different for everyone. I've had night sweats anywhere from 1 -10 times a month & hot flashes daily for a few years now. I only noticed them a few years after having my 3rd babygirl. No swaying since I never heard of it (until now) & I'm only 28. I'm also a lot smaller than I used to be. My sway won't be fully put in motion until after 2018 begins. I'm wondering if my hot flashes & night sweats will mess with my sway? I hope not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
October 27th, 2016, 06:28 PM
Thanks for sharing that! :)

At times I've been pretty concerned about it, and even a little embarrassed :hide:

I forgot to mention this is in PERI-menopausal women. Obviously in post menopausal women it works differently since their hormones are all very low - but in perimenopausal women, which we all are starting about age 35 ish and up, it's the high E that can trigger them.

atomic sagebrush
October 27th, 2016, 06:28 PM
It's true how it's different for everyone. I've had night sweats anywhere from 1 -10 times a month & hot flashes daily for a few years now. I only noticed them a few years after having my 3rd babygirl. No swaying since I never heard of it (until now) & I'm only 28. I'm also a lot smaller than I used to be. My sway won't be fully put in motion until after 2018 begins. I'm wondering if my hot flashes & night sweats will mess with my sway? I hope not.

I got 2 boys after I started having them!

(and one girl, before you ask, CE!!)

sweetsunshine7
October 27th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Interesting. I wish there was more info about it.

atomic sagebrush
October 29th, 2016, 02:50 PM
Interesting. I wish there was more info about it.

There is so little research done into any of this stuff, it's really just about obnoxious. :/

In my own lifetime, a LOT of doctors thought that things like hot flashes, PMT, menstrual cramps were psychological. IT's only in the last couple decades that they even started looking into stuff from a medical viewpoint. And we have to compete for resources with every other field of study at the same time. :(

sweetsunshine7
October 31st, 2016, 02:59 PM
Only recently? Hot flashes are no where near psychological ha ha. My hot flashes are so bad I'll wake up out of a dead sleep or I'll wake my hunny up from feeling like I'm on fire. They suck lol. We need more research done for the female body & hormones. I remember being told hot flashes are only for women over 40, going through menopause, or are pre-menopause. I've had them for years now & I'm not 30 yet. But my hopes are they help with a boy sway lol ::crosses fingers:: when I go full force with it.