PDA

View Full Version : Lovey Dovey's girl sway... UPDATED

lovey dovey
October 4th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I haven't been on this site in a while, but wanted to update my sway. Our 20 week ultrasound showed that we are having a little BOY. Really, I'm experiencing no disappointment... only joy! He appears to be completely healthy, and we consider this to be a blessing.

I have posted very little up to this point, but wanted to add my sway to the site. We were thrilled to see a BFP 10 DPO.

USERNAME: Lovey Dovey
DH'S AGE: 31
CHILDREN: 2 boys (ages 5 & 3) and a girl (age 1)
NO. MONTHS TTC: 4

DIET:
LE diet, although I did a lot of things the same as when i swayed for my daughter using the IG diet two years ago. Meals were mostly plain pasta, white rice, milk, a little chicken here and there, milk, and low-sodium white bread. I used artificial sweeteners, but not in the 2WW. I skipped breakfast and would have a strawberry smoothie (frozen strawberries, skim milk, Greek yogurt, equal, and ice) about noonish everyday (replaced equal w/ regular sugar during the 2WW). I also would treat myself to rice cakes or Target brand animal crackers. I believe I had an animal cracker addiction - my toddler and I were of the same mindset, really. I tried not to snack, though I usually had something in the evening - it made the mornings more bearable. I also drank a diet coke or two a day. My weight was at 128 to start and I was about 116 when I fell pregnant. The weight came off very quickly and I had to add more calories just to maintain.

My husband's diet stayed the same as always, although I tried not to prepare too many potato/tomato/beef/banana meals or desserts for my family.

EXERCISE:
None

POTIONS & PILLS:

Target brand prenatal vitamin - Daily. I know this isn't recommended, but I just couldn't bring myself to drop it, especially since my diet was so poor. My daughter was conceived while taking a prenatal, so I decided not to sweat it.

Low Dose Aspirin – Daily.

Calcium - Calcium Carbonate 600 mg. daily.

Magnesium - Magnesium Oxide - 250 mg. daily.

Folic Acid – An extra 400 mcg daily on top of the prenatals.

Antihistimines – None. I didn't have much EWCM and I was really wanting to get pregnant this month, as next month's due date would have fallen on my son's birthday. (Plus, much more of the diet and I was going to start falling off the wagon, big time!)

POTIONS & PILLS FOR YOUR MAN:

None.

TIMING:

Bed daily starting on cycle day 9 through ovulation (we had DTD on cycle day 6, as well, just to get his count up before we started with the everyday thing). I know that this wasn't the best, but again, we were trying to get pregnant this month. The previous three months, we had abstained and then did frequent release through ovulation, and hadn't been successful.

THINGS IN YOUR VG:
Nothing. I even stopped checking my cervix this month - I felt like my obsessive checking was stressing me out and maybe even disrupting my attempts.

I did jump and dump with earlier attempts, but the closer I got to ovulation, I did lounge for a few minutes before using the bathroom.

Did you track your pH, if so, what was it before the attempt(s):

I didn't check pH this month (again, I think I was getting obsessive and had to drop it) but it had been reading (with digital) between 4.5 and 5.5 in previous months. Since I hadn't changed anything diet-wise, I decided not to check this month and trusted that it was probably still the same

I didn't check my husband's pH.

Anything else?

I decided to let go of the wheel a little bit this month and trust in God's perfect plan and perfect timing. I leaned heavily on Him in prayer and decided not to get too bogged down with the details. I didn't enter a single thing into fertility friend for this cycle. In fact, when AF started at the beginning of the cycle, I put checks on the calendar on days that I planned to DTD, and decided to stick with that "plan." It didn't allow for any more obsessing, which was great. I decided not to worry too much that we were technically in a full-moon phase (I think that ovulation was about 4 days before the new moon, for those who are curious). I had to let go of a few things for the sake of getting pregnant, as stress seems to complicate things for me (we tried for many, many, many, many months with our first child - finally, with a prescription of Clomid in-hand and ready to start my next cycle, I relaxed... and wouldn't you know it I fell pregnant that month, before ever taking the drug. Lesson learned.) The diet was also taking a toll on me and was beginning to be a sore spot for my husband, who wanted me back at the dinner table again. I knew I wasn't going to last much longer on it, so I decided to do my best to get pregnant while I was still giving the diet my best shot. I'm thrilled to be pregnant, and while another girl would be great, we really are looking forward to having another baby - whatever the gender.

nuthinbutpink
October 4th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Congratulations!!

zanacal
October 5th, 2011, 03:20 PM
Congratulations! Sounds like you managed to really relax, which can only be a good thing for those T levels! GL :D

Coco
October 7th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Wow! Congratulations lovey dovey! I hope I'm able to relax like you did, even if it means cutting out a few things... very hard to be relaxed when you have so much to think about with the sway!

happyheart
October 9th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Great sway!!! Congratulations!! :) :)

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Good luck to you! I love your attitude!!!

atomic sagebrush
April 18th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Congrats on your healthy baby boy Lovey!! :heart:

KnockYourBallsOff
April 18th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Congrats on your sweet baby boy and praying you have a great delivery!

zanacal
April 19th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Congratulations on a healthy baby boy, so glad to hear you're doing well!

auroara78
April 19th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Congrats on beautiful baby blue :)

amari
April 21st, 2012, 07:17 AM
Congrats on your healthy baby boy!

HappyMedium
April 28th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Congratulations!!! Coming from a mom of 4 boys, I have to say I love them!!!! I am truly a boy mom, opening up to finally be a girl mom as well..that is a fear I have always had and had to let go to accept her...I hope she is coming down. Congrats again!!!!

Indira
April 28th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Congratulations on your healthy baby boy!