PDA

View Full Version : What ive realised and Thank you

squigglepink
November 2nd, 2016, 01:15 PM
Its been a week today :(

Ive been fumbling around on the forums the last few days not really knowing my place. Im not in the DD thread any more, im not in the 2ww, im not even swaying..
Im here.. Pregnancy loss section. A place i didnt think i would be again. In one week ive realised this.. that i can put my mind to anything. I did the LE for 7 straight months because i put my mind to it, as difficult as it was. I realised how much a do really really want a 3rd child. I realised not telling family you are pregnant, means you cant expect their support. I realised that people do care. And i was taken such good care of at the hospital where i spent the night in abdominal pain. I realised that as much as i wished for my baby to be a girl,a healthy baby comes first. I realised how incredibly lucky i am to have a darling husband who was willing to take on this journey of a 3rd child with me. Ive also realised however, that if i were to have no more, i have two beautiful healthy boys.

Last Wednesday morning i woke up bleeding. I miscarried that evening at 12 weeks + 6 days, the very next day was my scheduled 12 week scan which confirmed no baby. :broken:

I didnt want to talk about this here. But then i thought to myself, just like i came here to get some comfort, so might someone else.

OH, and Thank you :) Because this site and its members have helped me further along than i would have been able to go alone trying for a girl. Thank you for this particular section where girls like me can read through messages of support and encouragement. I felt supported through my sway and i feel supported through my loss. I can only be grateful and thankful for that. Being on the forums now is bitter sweet, but im finding it helpful.

For anyone reading this in the future - here is a link i found useful
Facts about Miscarriage – Information, hope, and healing (http://pregnancyloss.info/)

Im going to stick around and hopefully have some good news one day soon x

atomic sagebrush
November 2nd, 2016, 03:30 PM
I'm so sorry squiggle. Please let me know how I can help.

ahorn586
November 2nd, 2016, 04:41 PM
I'm so sorry squiggle and I wish you the very best!!!:bighug:

Babygirlquest
November 2nd, 2016, 04:53 PM
You have been so brave and positive Hun. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your heart heals and we are all here if you ever need us.

Kittybear
November 2nd, 2016, 05:16 PM
So very sorry for your loss xxx

Kelbear
November 2nd, 2016, 06:37 PM
So sorry for your loss Squiggle. I hope in time your heart can mend a little. Hopefully you can find the support you need as it is hard when you can't confide in your family at times like this. Sending big hugs.

GirlieCat
November 3rd, 2016, 10:02 AM
So sorry squiggle. My heart breaks for you.

XXforhubby
November 4th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Oh Squiggle, my heart goes out to you! Know that we are here for you any time. I hope and pray that you find peace and healing through this difficult time [emoji20].

(((Huge hugs)))

[emoji170]DS1[emoji1379], DS2[emoji602], DS3[emoji577][emoji170]
[emoji166]One last pink sway in 2016[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

Girlieplease
November 4th, 2016, 11:23 AM
I so so sorry squigglepink, my heart is just breaking for you. I hope you find the support you need on here and in real life! Take care of yourself and I am thinking of you and we are all here for you! X

ME MOM
November 6th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Squiggle lm really sorry to hear your news. I haven't been around due to to an ectopic pregnancy. I send you my deepest heart felt condolences.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

squigglepink
November 6th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Squiggle lm really sorry to hear your news. I haven't been around due to to an ectopic pregnancy. I send you my deepest heart felt condolences.

Sent from my 2014813 using Tapatalk

Thank you ME MOM, appreciate your message. Are you doing ok? xx Im free to chat if you need one :)

squigglepink
November 6th, 2016, 09:36 AM
I'm so sorry squiggle. Please let me know how I can help.

Hi Atomic

Thank you. Hope you are well :)

I asked the doctor at the hospital the question, when is the soonest we can try again, and she suggested after my first period. (my gynae also suggested i do this after my D&C few years ago) Im assuming this is your recommendation aswell? I know its the safest option and also it means my cycle is back on track and i can also give 'first day of last period date' which gets asked by midwife and when doing US:) Otherwise i guess ill have no idea!! Im very happy to wait it out. Im by no means rushing this im only thinking positively to my future and i look forward to being pregnant again. I have a scan booked for this week to make sure everything that should be gone, has gone.. I was told to do a pregnancy test in two weeks. Its not quite two weeks, but i did one anyway today and its a very very very faint positive.. so im sure it will be negative soon - And that i was told - is a good sign.
I wouldn't know anyway when to BD or when to test OPK as i dont know where i am in my cycle.. so i think waiting is my best shot here.
Im also going to see my Doctor this week. Do you think i should request any testing or is there anything i should be asking/doing? He knows im 39 with two kids and (now) two losses, so not sure if that means anything but i want to make sure ive done whatever it is i need prior to next attempt xx

squigglepink
November 9th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Saw my GP yesterday. He is such a gem! He was apologetic and so compassionate. Also very encouraging and positive for me to try again. He said "sperm met the egg and things just didnt work out" - love that :)

Got a scan tmw :nails: i just want to hear that its all clear.

atomic sagebrush
November 18th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Oh sorry I missed this.

I personally poohpooh the "dating" idea - that's what they have ultrasounds for after all - but whenever there is a D and C I do like you guys to wait out the first cycle. The dilemma is, time is not our friend here and so waiting for no good reason is a good month that we may miss. I think that it is best to follow your heart on this one.

They usually won't do testing until you've had 3 unexplained losses and unfortunately at 39 they are often unwilling to bend the rules and just chalk it up to age. Which it probably is, to some extent, but it doens't make it any easier.

Can you tell me what supplements you're on?? we may be able to tweak those.

squigglepink
November 18th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Oh sorry I missed this.

I personally poohpooh the "dating" idea - that's what they have ultrasounds for after all - but whenever there is a D and C I do like you guys to wait out the first cycle. The dilemma is, time is not our friend here and so waiting for no good reason is a good month that we may miss. I think that it is best to follow your heart on this one.

They usually won't do testing until you've had 3 unexplained losses and unfortunately at 39 they are often unwilling to bend the rules and just chalk it up to age. Which it probably is, to some extent, but it doens't make it any easier.

Can you tell me what supplements you're on?? we may be able to tweak those.

Hi Atomic - i miscarried naturally this time (first one i lost i had a D&C).. GP did say to have one period and then try again. But i didnt do that (because i tested with OPK's because i had them) and they were getting stronger till i got a positive and then we dtd.. I just thought.. oh, what the hell!!
As for the scan i was meant to have last week - they asked me to do a pregnancy test and it was negative, so they said i dont need a scan and sent me on my way!
Im only taking Folate now. While ttc for the one we lost recently - i was not on supps - (only Folic acid and Fiber). Would you suggest i take something?
xx

atomic sagebrush
November 21st, 2016, 01:21 PM
I would have you on folate and coq10 (ubiquinol) 300-400 mg a day. At bfp wean off the coq10 gradually by spacing doses further and further out.

atomic sagebrush
November 21st, 2016, 01:22 PM
oh and how long have you been on diet in total??

squigglepink
November 22nd, 2016, 03:56 AM
oh and how long have you been on diet in total??

Hi
I was on LE for 7 months prior to attempt, pregnant for 3 months so off LE and then obviously miscarried 4 weeks ago and in that 4 weeks all ive done is - back to coffee and alcohol and moved breakfast to later but sometimes i couldnt/cant manage breakfast anyway and im not snacking if i can help it.

squigglepink
November 22nd, 2016, 03:58 AM
I would have you on folate and coq10 (ubiquinol) 300-400 mg a day. At bfp wean off the coq10 gradually by spacing doses further and further out.

Thanks, just reading up on coq10 (ubiquinol) now xx

atomic sagebrush
November 23rd, 2016, 01:48 PM
So you were on prenatals during that time???

I do want you on iron 18-30 mg 3x a week but I would hold off on any of the other supps since your body did have a chance to replenish if you were taking prenatals during that time.

squigglepink
November 23rd, 2016, 04:13 PM
Yes i was on prenatals since day of BFP.
When you say 'supps' do you mean folate? as that is all i am taking currently x

atomic sagebrush
November 26th, 2016, 02:22 PM
what I was referring to is that often I will have people take things like zinc, iodine, b12 when they've been on a sway diet for a long time. But you do not need to do that because you just took prenatals for several weeks and you should have your stores replenished. I do want you to take folate, iron, and coq10 though

squigglepink
November 26th, 2016, 02:54 PM
what I was referring to is that often I will have people take things like zinc, iodine, b12 when they've been on a sway diet for a long time. But you do not need to do that because you just took prenatals for several weeks and you should have your stores replenished. I do want you to take folate, iron, and coq10 though

Ok will do.

When you have a moment, id love to hear benefits of coq10 while ttc.

Many thanks xx

atomic sagebrush
November 27th, 2016, 02:44 PM
It may help with egg quality. I don't know that it super duper works, but it is something I add in on a JIC basis after someone has had a loss. As we age our bodies diminish in ability to extract it from foods, and additionally the LE Diet being lower in meat means you have less chance to extract it. So especially since it also lowers blood sugar levels, it is something that I figure is certianly not bad to add in, can't hurt and may help.

squigglepink
June 1st, 2017, 12:05 PM
Hi Atomic, how much of the coq10 should i take?

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2017, 12:45 PM
200-400 mg a day

squigglepink
January 19th, 2021, 07:25 AM
Just back to say i did end up pregnant after this loss - sadly it was a chemical but then i fell pregnant again with a girl xx She is 26 months now x :)

If you are reading this after a loss. Im very sorry. Don't give up!! :)

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2021, 09:34 AM
Huge congrats Squiggle!! Wonderful news!