PDA

View Full Version : 1st Pos OPK for this cycle.....

1moregirl
November 29th, 2016, 09:10 PM
I got my first positive OPK yesterday afternoon. I'm using First Response this time as Clear Blue is just out of my budget at this time with Christmas approaching. Plus I am only CD 14 today so looks like I might be going to O again earlier than usual. The only unusual thing so far though is I haven't noticed any EWCM just yet. Last cycle I had lots of EWCM from CD 10-15, but I've only recorded some on Cad 8 this cycle (just after AF which I always have). Maybe I need to drink more water? I don't know. So my plan of attack is to BD for the next 2 nights, tonight and tomorrow night, skip a night and then BD for another night, which should be easy as we have been BD fairly frequently lately just coz it helps yuo stay connected and close. I've decided I am not going to worry any more....I'm just going to go with this SMEP plan every cycle and see what happens. Please wish me luck and any advice or suggestions are warmly welcome, as are a few prayers....:) xxoo

Kelbear
November 29th, 2016, 11:31 PM
Good luck 1moregirl, wishing you a sticky pink bean for Christmas :fingers:

MrsGoodies
November 30th, 2016, 12:02 AM
Awesome 1moregirl!

No ewcm sounds perfect for ttc girl!

atomic sagebrush
November 30th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Good luck and tons of pink sticky dust headed your way!

1moregirl
November 30th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Ok ladies. I think yesterday's OPK was negative and a false alarm. Today's one is a definite positive. Could you please check out these pics and see what yuo think. The one on top is today's test and a definite Pos, but yesterday's is on the bottom and it looks more negative to me now as test line is not as dark as control line. Anyway, we didn't end up BD last night anyway as DH was tooo tired so tonight will be the night. But please tell me what yuo think about those two tests. And wish me luck xxoo

1moregirl
November 30th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Oops! Blonde moment....forgot to attach the photo. Bahahaha! Here it is....33918

1moregirl
November 30th, 2016, 09:43 PM
The other strange thing is that on Tuesday night I had really bad O pains and had to take two panadol, plus I had a neg OPK that morning and recorded a Pos OPK late afternoon that day. What do you make of that? Is that bizarrre or what? I don't know what to make of that. Could I Get O pains on Tuesday and not actually ovulate til today or tomorrow (like 2 or 3 days later)?

MrsGoodies
November 30th, 2016, 09:58 PM
I hate these kind of OPK...i prefer the smilies.

It's possible that the line from yesterday faded after it dried. It seems similar to todays which definitely is +.

Are you sure you're not having multiple days of +opk (i think you used to have like 4-5 days in a row).

As long as you catcg the egg and get a bunch of BD in it should be fine.

atomic sagebrush
December 1st, 2016, 02:54 PM
It doesn't matter which one is positive, just keep DTD. The SMEP is just meant as a guideline, not a mandatory schedule.

RE O pains, I get them sometimes for a good week if not even a bit longer, before, during and after O. I have had months where I have had them starting CD 3 (along with EWCM) and then going days after ovulation. I've also had months where I had severe pains a few days before O, that mellowed out along the way.

1moregirl
December 1st, 2016, 06:04 PM
MrsG - I hate these stick things with a passion also, but I just don't have the money for the Clear Blue at the moment this close to Xmas. I'm posting a pic of all the OPKs I've done. I started testing on CD 11 and got a Pos OPK that afternoon, but it was negative again by CD 13 when I bought more OPKs to test with. I then got a definite Pos again on CD 15 and today it seems to have faded again to a negative. Strange. Maybe in the past I'd recorded multiple days of OPK because I just wasn't good at reading them. Lol! It's soooo difficult. But I'm just going to go with CD 15 as my positive. I may even have Oed yesterday as well as this morning's temp has gone up above coverline to 36.76. I also did get a really long stretchy piece of EWCM yesterday as well. I'm just wishing we had've got a BD in last night as well, coz if we BD tonight it may well be too late. They egg has prob been and gone again. I really hate using these stick things. :( Every cycle seems to present you with a new and different challenge doesn't it? Anyway, I'm giving it my best shot, so fingers crossed.

1moregirl
December 1st, 2016, 06:05 PM

1moregirl
December 1st, 2016, 06:08 PM
This pic is of today's OPK CD 16. It looks Pos in above photo but here it shows it's def a negative.

1moregirl
December 1st, 2016, 06:12 PM
And here is a photo of my FF chart.

MrsGoodies
December 2nd, 2016, 01:17 AM
Your Bd pattern was every 2 days so i don't think it matters if you had +opk on cd 11, or 15....you covered ALL the bases and i think BD every day is justbtoo much for our men in their 40's and would hurt instead of help.

I BD night before +opk (2 days before O) and got pg....yeah didnt stick but sperm met egg!

Based on your chart. Think cd 11 was a false alarm and you O on cd15.

1moregirl
December 2nd, 2016, 01:28 AM
Thanks MrsG. I hope I've done enough. I'm starting to feel too old and tired for this. Bahahaha! DH came home from work last night and found a urine sample sitting on our basin in our ensuite. He didn't even ask me about it but I noticed that night when I was cleaning my teeth that he had placed it on the floor in a corner of the ensuite. I nearly gagged and choked on my toothpaste from laughter. Anyway, I did have a bit more dangly EWCM this afternoon...can yuo still get that AFTER you've Oed? I'll make sure we BD again tonight just in case. Hope you are going well MrsG and starting to thinking positively again about ttc again.

MrsGoodies
December 2nd, 2016, 01:35 AM
Ha ha....well I use my pee to fertilize my houseplants (dilute 10:1 with water), so my DH doesn't even bat an eye when he sees urine samples on the counter...he just assumes its plant watering time.

You get ewcm before O and day of. By the time the ew starts drying up its too late as Atomic will tell you that's why all these ladies trying O+12 miss the egg more often than not.

I went for another blood test this afternoon. I've been having pms tupe cramps but nothing...i just feel...ick....all over ick. Also having a bit of anxiety bc i know what is coming and i'm so NOT looking forward to it... :(

1moregirl
December 2nd, 2016, 05:49 AM
Hehehe! You made me laugh about yuor plant watering habits MrsG. That's hilarious! Your pot plants don't get a strange smell do they? My DH didn't ask any questions either....just removed it away from the basin area like it was a sanitary waste product not to be touched. Bahahaha! Anyway, I don't think we'll get around to BD tonight as I can't be bothered and DH is studying. I hope things get started very soon for you with the mc Hun. Maybe you could at least tell your DH that you are unwell or having a heavier AF than normal and he might be more helpful/supportive for you. Don't worry...it might not be as bad as you are thinking it will be. Xxoo

atomic sagebrush
December 2nd, 2016, 11:12 AM
Your Bd pattern was every 2 days so i don't think it matters if you had +opk on cd 11, or 15....you covered ALL the bases and i think BD every day is justbtoo much for our men in their 40's and would hurt instead of help.

I BD night before +opk (2 days before O) and got pg....yeah didnt stick but sperm met egg!

Based on your chart. Think cd 11 was a false alarm and you O on cd15.

:agree: This!!

atomic sagebrush
December 2nd, 2016, 11:16 AM
RE EWCM after O - the thing that makes EWCM is hormones (estrogen) and yes, yes, yes, you can get EWCM after O. Sometimes it takes your body longer to clear the estrogen surge than others and so that leftover estrogen is still making EWCM, and/or there is some leftover EWCM hanging around up inside that finds its way down and out.

We have also seen a pattern (and I"ve had this myself some months) where people notice that they actually dry up the day before O. So they have no visible EWCM and have yet to O.

Long story short, EWCM drying up is not a good way to tell if you've Oed. It can help but it cannot pin down O to the day (and when studied, it found that even highly trained experts could only get day of O right, 1 out of 3 times)

The month I got my daughter, I BD late Thursday, ovulated on Friday, then I had EWCM thru Monday. I was 100% sure I was out that month and was shocked to my very core when I conceived that month (this was back when I still believed the IG tale that EWCM dries up immediately upon O). I thought I had not ovulated till Monday or Tuesday based on my EWCM patterns. I DID notice a change in mood/libido (which for me is very dramatic and more reliable than any more "respected" symptoms) but I did not take it seriously because I still had the EWCM.

MrsGoodies
December 2nd, 2016, 12:43 PM
Hehehe! You made me laugh about yuor plant watering habits MrsG. That's hilarious! Your pot plants don't get a strange smell do they? xoo

No, there is absolutely no smell at all...i do make sure to water top to botom and don't leave water lying around in the dish. Plants are all lush & green & thriving.

Commercial fertilizer is made from urine of farm animals which is then processed and crystallized nto granules....i figure my urine is better bc i know what is in it.

I've noticed the plants growing a bit faster than usual....maybe its from all the hcg!

1moregirl
December 3rd, 2016, 03:48 AM
Well...fingers crossed coz I'm sick of being surrounded by pregnant friends or friends with babies. Plus the thought of my 4 yr old baby going off to kindy next year and not having a Bub at home is horrid.