PDA

View Full Version : BFP or evap??

Nachelle
December 4th, 2016, 12:54 AM
Hello! My cycle this month and last month have been all over the place. This month I didn't get a for sure positive opk so I was going to throw in the towel, but I tested today and it was positive for sure and I'm on CD 21. I thought that was kind of late so I took a pregnancy test and it showed a faint line immediately but it looks weird and it's super early. I'm just really confused. What do you ladies think? Thanks so much!!33967

Babygirlquest
December 4th, 2016, 02:36 AM
I don't find opks are that accurate for testing pregnancy but if that's an early pregnancy test I would say that I do see a line.

purple
December 4th, 2016, 05:25 AM
If it is a HPT then I would get a FRER as it would show up a good line if you are getting a faint one with a cheapie. Good luck!

Nachelle
December 4th, 2016, 08:02 AM
The pic is of the pregnancy test. (i took the pregnancy test because I had two opk super dark positive in a row) and thank you so much for replying! I will try again Tom morning

Nachelle
December 4th, 2016, 08:20 AM
This is from this morning. It still shiws a line but it looks weird! I wonder if it's a bad batch. The others I have taken before from this batch were pure white so this is driving me nuts.

Babygirlquest
December 4th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Sorry I was confused cos you mentioned opks so wasn't too sure! I think that looks like an early bfp but I would take a better test to be sure. Sorry I can't see your latest pictures!

Nachelle
December 4th, 2016, 12:41 PM
No prob! I'm cofused too lol!

Nachelle
December 4th, 2016, 12:46 PM

Nachelle
December 4th, 2016, 12:47 PM
I took these this afternoon and I don't see anything really on the frer and then another line on the cheapie.

GirlieCat
December 4th, 2016, 12:58 PM
All the cheapie look a bit weird, without the line going all the way across and only a small spot of color. I am leaning towards it is a bad batch of cheapie and I would go with the FRER because it should be more reliable than cheapie. I would DTD just in case it is a positive OPK and test again in a day or two. Good luck.

Nachelle
December 4th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Thank you! That's what I was thinking as well!

Babygirlquest
December 4th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Hmmm the cheapies do look like bfp but I've had issues with them before. Maybe wait a few more days then test with a frer again?

atomic sagebrush
December 4th, 2016, 05:58 PM
pregnancy tests are positive.

If CD 21 you mean, 21 days past possible O, then yeah that could be a positive OPK caused by pregnancy. If you are on CD 21 then it would be too early for OPK to register a pregnancy - but the pregnancy tests don't lie.

atomic sagebrush
December 4th, 2016, 06:00 PM
All the cheapie look a bit weird, without the line going all the way across and only a small spot of color. I am leaning towards it is a bad batch of cheapie and I would go with the FRER because it should be more reliable than cheapie. I would DTD just in case it is a positive OPK and test again in a day or two. Good luck.

:agree: I did not see the second batch of pics before my response.

It's all about the way the tests are calibrated. Some of the cheapies are really sensitive (but usually FRERs are too)

I would have attempt to cover bases and see what tomorrow holds.

Nachelle
December 4th, 2016, 07:42 PM
I'm only on CD 21and the only time I might have ovulated was cd11 because I had a dip and close positive opk. I also didn't test an opk on CD 9 or 10 either bc I thought it was too early. It's either that or I'm finally going to O now

atomic sagebrush
December 5th, 2016, 01:28 PM
ok then CD 21 it is 100% not going to be a positive OPK = pregnancy. you can only use OPK as pregancy tests after you miss your period.

Nachelle
December 5th, 2016, 02:27 PM
I must be about to ovulate or trying to at least. I took another pregnancy test and opk this morning. Preg test negative and another positive opk. 3 days of positive opk. Hope this egg pops out soon bc it's driving me nuts lol

Nachelle
December 5th, 2016, 02:29 PM
That happened once before. I got positive opks 3 days in a row and a bfp on CD 16 but it was because it was twins and one was an ectopic so that's why I get nervous. I already lost one tube. But that happens extremely rarely so I need to relax. Lol

atomic sagebrush
December 7th, 2016, 12:37 PM
It's not unusual to have 3 days of pos OPK even without conceiving twins - FX and TX too!!