PDA

View Full Version : So many questions about my pink sway...

Inhope
December 6th, 2016, 06:58 AM
Closed account

Nurseandi
December 6th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Hi there!

First, good luck on the sway! I have two boys myself and am hoping for a girl. I'm really new so I only have a little advice to offer. I would get the IUD removed as soon as possible. I know that you can get pregnant right away, but I've had friends get pregnant immediately and others that take a few cycles. Just my two cents. Someone else might have better insight.

Inhope
December 6th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Closed account

atomic sagebrush
December 7th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Thanks for reposting this!!

I do want to mention if you want to get pregnant fast (esp. at 38 and up) then I would have you leave out antihistamine and jelly. They have not worked and really cut odds of conception.

Aspirin I have moved away from after a lot of side effects and a couple studies that showed the risks were higher than we first realized both to you and to a future pregnancy. Additionally it did not seem to help with sways. I'd skip it. If you do want to use it please start off only 3 days a week and see how you tolerate it and never take more than 5 days a week.

1)If you can't live without it, you can't live without it. If you can stand to drop it, I'd do so ASAP. Nothing seems to matter when it's done just in one week, it takes time. The reason I feel it sways blue is because I have seen many opposites conceived in people who did a good sway otherwise but drank tea. I myself got 4 boys drinking tea and then went to coffee to get my girl, and it is just something I feel best avoided. We don't know why it sways blue or even if it truly does, just that observationally I feel it is something best avoided.

Any herb tea would be ok, I'd not drink the same herb tea day in and out as they can sometimes act medicinally.

2)The copper ones ~probably~ don't sway pink so just have it out when it's convenient for you.

3)The problem with this idea is that you may not O when you normally do, as many of us find we O on very different days when swaying. I would hate to see you in with lots of attempts (may sway blue) CD 12-14 only to O on CD 14, if that makes sense.

4)You cannot lose ANY weight at all. you are already in a girl-friendly BMI and I do not want you to lose one ounce more. Hold steady where you are at by eating max calories (1800-2000 or even mroe) whilst still keeping protein and fat 40-50 g and 50-60 g range (more veg. sources of protein and fat sway pink)

You can have anything you want as long as you stay in this range but be aware that chicken can make it somewhat harder on diet, because it has a lot of protein for very few calories so you quickly go over on protein for the day, and then have nothing to eat. It's better to use grain products, dairy, legumes, eggs, soy, quorn, nuts to get protein because they have less protein for more calories than chicken does, if htat makes sense. It doesn't mean you can never have it, just that it makes it more difficult to keep your diet working for you.

All low carb veg are free and unlimited. Higher carb veg (sweet/starchy) and fruit, count cals, but not protein and fat. Avocado and olives do count fat and cals but not protein. Dark green salads have proven to be ok and not swaying blue.

5)No licorice when TTC or pregnant AT ALL. This is very important. I know in Scandinavia and some other countries they eat tons of licorice but it has been 100% proven to be harmful during pregnancy and we do not know how long the effects last, so I really, really want all swayers and pregnant women to avoid it. (black licorice, I mean)

Some other candy is ok if you need it to prevent weight loss but remember, you are trying not to eat really super unhealthy, but just at the lower levels of a healthy pre-pregnancy diet. A diet of chicken and candy is NOT LE Diet and is basically a starvation diet. I want you guys to try to eat some semblance of balanced meals without going overboard on empty calories - at the end of this all we want you to have a very healthy pregnancy!!

6)The magnesium I believe is fine if you need to continue with that. I prefer you guys drop all nutrients except folic acid/folate but if you need it for sleeping, a lot of people have taken it and gotten girls, so it can't sway that strongly.

7)I don't recommend doing that. I would have you drop it totally. I don't recommend that for ANYONE. Your vagina knows how to take care of itself haha. Sperm is not made to swim through oil and you may cut odds of conception as well as possibly mess up the ecosystem of your reproductive tract.

8)I leave this up to the indivdual. I personally do not believe it sways pink but I know many people do. I prefer you guys stick with 2-3 servings a day since that has been approved to be safe.

9) I am no longer using aspirin very much, nor antihistamine (only for people who insist) Explained above

10)If you can't do the exercise, don't. I didn't and still got a girl. It is a great sway tactic but if it requires a life-ruining amount of effort I think it's best to skip it (especially given your thin stature). If you do want to do it, 60 min. 4 days a week is the minimum amount and I want you to start as far in advance of sway as possible.

11) 12 day LP is not short. That is normal. 9 days is a bit short but still long enough to conceive with. I seriously doubt the b6 made your LP go from 9 to 12 days as I have seen tons of people start taking it and see no change or that it gets even worse, and the people who it did help, it took months to happen. 25 mg is not terrible though, so if you want to continue with it, it's ok. Personally I think B6 sways blue, and I got a boy taking 100 mg. But 25 is much less than 100!

atomic sagebrush
December 7th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Hi there!

First, good luck on the sway! I have two boys myself and am hoping for a girl. I'm really new so I only have a little advice to offer. I would get the IUD removed as soon as possible. I know that you can get pregnant right away, but I've had friends get pregnant immediately and others that take a few cycles. Just my two cents. Someone else might have better insight.

We have had some success with having IUD (hormonal ones tho) taken out the month before you plan to TTC. Yeah, the risk is that the cycle may take longer to come back but it seems to be the case that may be partly or wholly why they sway - it may be the slight repression of fertility helps a pink sway and so it may be worth the annoyance factor.

Great question, thanks~

Inhope
December 8th, 2016, 04:59 AM
Closed account

atomic sagebrush
December 8th, 2016, 05:00 PM
this is too long for me today, please give me a bump

Inhope
December 9th, 2016, 03:58 AM
Bump :)

atomic sagebrush
December 9th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Diet longer than 12 weeks, plus fiber, coffee, alcohol, doing one attempt or e4d, cardio exercise, and Clomid or Femara if you can get it. Everything else is just window dressing.

5 months is a long time away. I'd keep drinking regular tea. I do not have enough info to know if roobios sways.

Yes, that eating pattern is fine. 16 hours is plenty, many people do only 12-14.

The copper IUDs ~probably~ do not sway pink or blue because they do not affect your hormones. I have not seen very many people have them and I cannot therefore say "oh yes I've seen people do that" because it's only been 3 people or so, so I cannot totally say how it sways. I just don't know.

yes those vegetables are fine and unlimited!! :agree: All vegetables that are not sweet tasting or starchy.

We started off originally thinking that those kind of nutrients swayed blue. But over time we have found it is really things like fat, protein, and calories that is swaying strongly and the type of nutrients in fruit and veg, really don't seem to affect people's sways at all. We now have them as unlimited and our results have only gone UP since that time. If you have the choice you may want to choose less nutritious vegetables like caulflower, cucumbers, green beans, iceberg lettuce, but you don't have to do that. You can have whatever you want and it's unlimited. these vegetables have just not seemed to affect sways negatively.

2 days a week of candy is not going to hurt anything. Please no black licorice though

Lack of sleep sways pink. Stress can go either way depending on if it's stuff that is out of your control (may sway pink) or stress over things like doing projects and accomplishments (may sway blue.) I would not have you worry about things of that nature though, because all people do is start stressing over getting stressed. You should try to make swaying a part of your life instead of focusing on it and trying to "calm down". It doesn't work anyway to force yourself to calm down, it just makes you more worked up.

Yes that is the advantage of starting your sway in advance, is that you'll be used to it by the time March rolls around. Just be sure you don't lose too much weight.

That is a fine pattern for using the Lactal. No sooner than 1-2 hours before attempt though.

I personally prefer you guys not use aspirin/antihistamine if you can live without them. I just keep them in the mix for those people who really think they need them. Totally up to you.

12 weeks before, but please don't feel you need to if you really need that. I don't think that's something that really makes or breaks sways. If you do want to go off it, please wean off gradually.

atomic sagebrush
December 9th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Oh, whoops I missed the exercise question.

You would need to eat more in order to include the exercise. It's such a good sway tactic that I do encourage people to include it whenever possible. Just increase calories to compensate.

Yes, being very ambitious about your sway can sway blue. Your plan to give yourself time to get used to the program in advance of actually swaying is a good one because it won't feel like a big project any more.

Inhope
December 10th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Closed account

atomic sagebrush
December 10th, 2016, 04:14 PM
I recommend coffee and alcohol for any pink swayer who can use them.

Any will be better than none, so just do what works for you.

Both of your food schedules look fine to me. Remember you are worried about losing too much weight so please do what it takes to stop that from happening (meaning, add the candy on if it helps)

I do not think eating candy for 2 hours after a meal is a good idea. Remember we want your blood sugar to come down after eating and adding more and more sugar (even if a small amount) for several hours will not allow that to happen.

The more you use, and the closer before your attempt you use it, the lower odds of conception will be. We have not discovered any hard and fast schedule that "guarantees" pregnancy or baby of a certain gender. So I generally have people just use it every few days coming into their sway and then a small amount 1-2 hours before. Over time you can reduce this or extend the time.

atomic sagebrush
December 10th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Yes, I always like people to start off with one attempt either o-1 or o-2 because those are good days for conception with one attempt.

I have people J and D after 5 minutes but that is just what I came up with as a blanket rule. 3 minutes will be lower odds of conception, possibly higher chances of pink (but this is not proven)

Inhope
December 13th, 2016, 02:15 PM
Closed account

atomic sagebrush
December 13th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Mixing carbs and protein is for blue swayers, not pink. You guys don't need to worry about mixing them at meals, it's fine.

What I am trying to prevent is a situation where you have high blood sugar for a long time (because you're eating meal + candy for several hours straight) so just do it when you need to, just don't drag it out for 2 hours, that's all.

All alcohol has gotten good results so do whatever you prefer and feel free to change it up.

Yes, anything without sugar/calories is fine between meals. Coffee with skim milk is fine too even tho it has a few calories in it, that burns off fast.

I want you guys to do what works best for you. There is no "magic" amount of time between meals and it is best to stay flexible with things like this to better enable you to stick with the diet.

Inhope
December 13th, 2016, 03:06 PM
Closed account

atomic sagebrush
December 15th, 2016, 02:37 PM
yes, it is fine for pink swayers to mix protein and carbs. Only blue swayers need to even think about protein and carb combinations.

Femara is a fertility medicine like Clomid

Excellent!! VEgetarian/mostly vegetarian hubbies make more girls!! He doesn't need to do the same diet as you. I can't give you advice on supplements without a custom plan since not all guys can take all the sway supps.

Yes it's fine to use full fat dairy. I actually have about half our swayers use ONLY full fat dairy and we get good results with it.

Inhope
December 16th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Closed account

atomic sagebrush
December 18th, 2016, 04:29 PM
I think dietary amounts of spices are fine.

Cinnamon does tend to sway pink but it really lowers blood sugar a lot and can make people without PCOS lose a lot of weight very fast. I'd go easy on it to prevent weight loss.

I can't sign off on your spice tea because I have not seen anyone do that and know the gender of their baby.

You need to let your weight loss be your guide and eat as many calories as needed to prevent excess weight loss. This varies by the person, with your metabolism and body type and I cannot tell anyone what cals they will need to eat when swaying. Do not drop below BMI 18.5 under any circumstance and once you get to BMI 21, try to stop losing and hold steady (this gives you a margin in case you do lose a little more after that.)

atomic sagebrush
December 21st, 2016, 05:50 PM
You know, with your BMI that low and short LP, let's drop the fiber. Don't take it. I think you'll mess up your cycle that way.

Yes, I want you to wean off the B6. do not stop it cold turkey, wean off of it gradually.

Most likely, the b6 did nothing and you just had a longer LP that month for other reasons. There are much better treatments for a short LP and I'd actually talk to your doctor because you may be able to get some medicine that helps your LP and even sways pink.

you should always take folic acid. 1200-1600 mg folic.

atomic sagebrush
December 22nd, 2016, 04:37 PM
I don't think b6 works for most people anyway. Folic or no.

I have never known folic alone to do anything for LP and have seen plenty of people on folic acid but who still have a short LP.

atomic sagebrush
December 23rd, 2016, 02:40 PM
If you think the B6 helped you, take the B6.

What happened 10 years ago is totally irrelevant to what's happening now. All I can go off of is what you write to me and when someone tells me that they had a LP of 9 days and then they started B6 and it immediately went up but then back again the next month then that indicates to me that it isn't working.

I think B6 sways hugely blue and IF it works, it only works for like 3% of people. I've seen it make things worse for tons of people. But if it works for you, maybe you're in the 3%.

I am not sure I can cover this any more thoroughy than I have. It's up to you whether to take it or not. I don't think it works 97% of the time and I think it sways blue.

i agree about the morning sickness too because I took it with one of my pregnancies and I was sick as a dog the whole time, worse than some of my pregnancies where I didn't take it. :/

Fiber is up to you. We actualy have had good luck eating lots of fruit and veg and whole grains for pink. That is something that turned out to be less important than we thought. So I'd prob. just ahve you continue eating those kinds of things instead of doing the fiber.

atomic sagebrush
December 26th, 2016, 03:28 PM
After taking the half dose, you need to start spacing doses as well, so you'd take one every other day, then every 2 days, every 3, till down to one per week, then it's ok to stop. Don't just stop it, take 3-4 weeks to space the doses. That way your body is not shocked by the sudden absence of the stuff.

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2017, 03:39 PM
where is the other thread? today or some time ago?

it is easiest for me if you just post questions once. I want to answer all questions to avoid the situation on forums where there are hundreds of unanswered questions that everyone must sift thru to find mod's answers, and it is much easier for me to do that if you guys post each question in one spot. :)

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2017, 03:41 PM
3: Are veg stir fry like carrot, water chestnut, haricot beans, broccoli, red onion
baby corn, corn, peas and parsnip unlimited like other vegetables (if I don't add any fat when I fry it)?

The vegetables (veg stir fry, corn and peas) I had for lunch today was like 14g protein and 270 cal. Should I count them or are they free like other vegetables?

legumes like peas and haricot beans (Americans we call these navy beans) you would count. All else is free and unlimited. So I'd prob. just round it down to 10 g in my mind and not sweat the rest of it.

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Nr: 2 instead of black tea - what do you think about Liptons fruit infusion herbal tea, the ingredients in one of them (summerfruit) are: Rosehip 40%, hibiscus, arom, blackberry leaves, strawberries 0.9%, 0.9% raspberry, maltodextrin, would that be ok to drink one tea bag with a lot of warm water (light tea in other words) with a sandwich to dinner and one cup in the mornings? I will also drink a lot of coffee, like 4 or 5 cups a day.

As far as I know it's fine, but understand that I honestly do not know how everything sways. Rosehip does have a good deal of Vit C and the blackberry leaves in medicinal quantities may have some effect (but I doubt many are in there)

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Don't lose any weight. Start off high on cals, higher than you think you need, and see how it goes.

Don't worry about your vacation, that would make no difference at all. I hope you have a great time!!!

Yes yes yes please relax and enjoy. There is no need to diet longer than 12 weeks and that indulgence will be long gone by then.

atomic sagebrush
January 28th, 2017, 04:29 PM
I don't read that thread usually. I cannot keep up with the support threads because they are just too long. It's easier for me if you guys post questions in their own dedicated threads. I'll try to answer if I come across it.

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2017, 05:22 PM
yes that's fine

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2017, 11:18 AM
1)It doesn't matter really, the only thing to possibly avoid is munching for several hours from start to finish.

2)That would be the outer limit of what I think is wise. Of course now and then if it went longer that would be fine, but I would think no longer than 90 minutes or so.

3)About the same. Since you're not doing it regularly if you made it last over 120 minute long movie I don't think it would hurt anything.

FWIW I see many girl moms who skip meals and eat candy.

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2017, 06:24 PM
I really do not like anyone to eat under 1200 and this is especially true for someone with such a low BMI.

I really, really doubt this is enough food or a healthy pre-pregnancy diet.

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2017, 11:50 AM
Yes, I'm not terribly concerned about the stuff on the weekend, I just want to be sure you get enough cals.

No one has to wait till 2 to eat. Most of us have our first meal between 10-12.

I have literally never seen anyone eat in this pattern. I don't think it's boy friendly, but I just can't say 'oh yes I've seen 10 people do this and get girls' I feel very uncomfortable telling you either way because I have zero observations to fall back on.

As a general rule I try very much to have people do what works for them. So my advice is, please do get 1200 cals even on the off days, and if this works for you, if it's what is going to help you stick to the diet, go for it. :)

atomic sagebrush
February 27th, 2017, 01:57 PM
I mean on the days you are only eating 1100 calories, try to get at least 1200.

YES you can eat before 2 even if you've eaten at 10.

I think you need to stop this planning down to the minute kind of thinking, because this kind of "control freak" mindset where you're accounting for every minute and worrying about things that we don't even have any way of knowing if they even sway. I don't know the answers to your questions because I haven't ever seen anyone sway like this. It doesn't mean it won't work for you, just that I haven't seen bunches of people do it.

I think you should do what you think will work for you. If you think this is going to work, as long as it's more pink friendly than what you were eating before, go for it. Because going over it and over it will be swaying more blue than eating candy for 2 hours could ever be. :)

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2017, 03:29 PM
Sounds fine and I'm very interested to see how this works for you

We have no idea how many hours between meals so please everyone just do what works best for you.

Lexim
March 3rd, 2017, 06:15 PM
Just wanted to say good luck. We are in the same boat
(Three boys and we will be ttc girl sway end of May as well) I have just started LE diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inhope
March 4th, 2017, 07:14 AM
Just wanted to say good luck. We are in the same boat
(Three boys and we will be ttc girl sway end of May as well) I have just started LE diet.

Hi there!

Thanks! Good luck to you as well :)

How does the diet work for you?

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2017, 04:28 PM
In hope, seriously, please listen.

I'm not dodging your question, I really DO NOT KNOW how many hours, if there's a magic amount of time or there isn't. These questions you are asking me, I would need to test individually over 1000's of people and I have absolutely no way of knowing if they even matter at all. I just don't. Since I do not know, and have no way of knowing, I urge everyone to do what will work for them to enable them to stick to the diet to the best of their ability.

It doesn't matter if you "feel stressed out" or whatever, this IS being a control freak. even if you are very calm about it this type of obsession over tiny details sways blue.

1)I don't know, please do what works for you as long as it's at least 12 hours. 14-16 may be better but I don't KNOW it for a fact.

2)I don't know, please do what works for you. People have done 4 meals sometimes and still gotten girls.

3)I have no idea. Anything with calories counts as a meal, of course. If you must have the candy, I'd try to do two meals, but if you can't do 2 meals and end up cheating, obviously that's a backfire and you would have been better off just eating sensibly.

4)I strongly suggest you eat more during the week if you're losing weight. When you eat a lot at one sitting, what happens is that your body cannot use most of it and you end up excreting a lot of the calories and you don't use them. You need to have more calories coming in during the week to stop weight loss, not at one sitting.

5)Please try to keep in mind that part of the point of the LE Diet is to also be a healthy pre-pregnancy diet. A diet of candy and broccoli is NOT THAT (I am exaggerating, I understand that's not all you're eating). I cannot sign off on any more candy for you. I would very much rather see you add in a small amount more real food during the week even if you need to increase protein and fat intake somewhat.

Lexim
March 6th, 2017, 02:35 AM
Hi there!

Thanks! Good luck to you as well :)

How does the diet work for you?

Pretty good. I simply cannot start my day without breakfast so although I usually have poached eggs I've ditched that for toast with banana and honey for the extra carbs.

I'm usually a very healthy person and I've always counted my protein/fat/carbs so while it's been an adjustment having to eat so many more carbs, I'm finding the switch not too hard because I'm used to tracking my food anyway.

The wine each evening is quite enjoyable though [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Inhope
March 7th, 2017, 01:19 AM
Good luck :)

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2017, 12:53 PM
You need to do whatever it takes to stop the weight loss. If you can't eat more, then you need to cut back on the exercise.

18.5 is my absolute lowest threshold for swaying. I do not want anyone to drop below that, and if you've lost weight, then you're below my minimum cutoff. No more weight loss. Even if you have to drop diet totally and just become a vegetarian then do that. what is going to happen is that you'll stop ovulating and then won't be able to get pregnant at all.

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2017, 12:54 PM
You need to do whatever it takes to stop the weight loss. If you can't eat more, then you need to cut back on the exercise.

18.5 is my absolute lowest threshold for swaying. I do not want anyone to drop below that, and if you've lost weight, then you're below my minimum cutoff. No more weight loss. Even if you have to drop diet totally and just become a vegetarian then do that. what is going to happen is that you'll stop ovulating and then won't be able to get pregnant at all.

atomic sagebrush
April 8th, 2017, 12:04 PM
It doesn't matter if it's the greatest sway ever, if you can't get pregnant while doing it. We have to solve the problem before that happens.

Again, another thing I have no way of knowing what is best, so please do what will work best for you.

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2017, 01:03 PM
We have had good results with 4-5 days a week too.

You are asking me questions that I have no way of knowing. I just don't know what is better here so please do what is going to work for you.

Yes, exercise can cause or contribute to spotty ovulation or even stopping it altogether. So please cut back at least some part of the day.

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2017, 03:56 PM
I do not want anyone ever ever ever to go below BMI 18.5. So I would let the exercise go if I had to if that was the only way to keep weight on.

Vegetarian + exercise has been a good pink sway too. I don't know. I think that some of us find different things easier and that is why I always fall back on "do what works better for YOU". It isn't a cop out answer, it's because I think that settling into a lifestyle for pink swaying is MUCH better than this approach where you have to be forcing yourself into misery every day. Some may prefer to continue exercise, others may prefer to give it up and since I do not know, I urge everyone to do what feels right to them.

yes, the diet, weight loss, and exercise can cause delayed O.

LOL I don't know what I meant when I wrote that either. I meant that you should at least drop some of the days of exercise, back to 4-5 days instead of 6-7. Sorry that was confusing.

Nemcemger
April 13th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Can Vitex lengthen LP and sway pink? It helped me in the past am
40 and had my son last year after about 10mos of try- took vitex for a while which helped with menstural cycle. My LP is 9-10 days. Does any herbal tea or vitex helpful in LE diet? Thank you

atomic sagebrush
April 13th, 2017, 06:26 PM
We have had poor results with vitex for moms over 40. People did not seem to get pregnant for a long time while taking it and then dropped it and got pregnant right away!

I do not recommend vitex for any woman over 35. Plus, our results for pink have been disappointing as well - it's a good 10% or more lower than the overall success rates of the site.

Nemcemger
April 13th, 2017, 06:38 PM
Thank you! I do drink Black tea (little bigger than shot glass) two a day. Will ttc in June, should I stop?

atomic sagebrush
April 14th, 2017, 02:25 PM
I think black tea is somewhat blue friendly, and it is one thing I dropped when I got my girl. 4 boys with tea, dropped it and went to coffee and got my DD

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2017, 03:28 PM
How sure are you about when you ovulated and why do you think that?

If you're getting AF, the odds are all but 100% you ovulated.

O Pain patterns do change while swaying, it's not unusual to have many days of O pain anyway. (I always have those!)

Atomic tough love alert:

I really, really, don't like the pattern of your eating at all and I think I've been pretty clear on that. I cannot say from here if you're actually not eating enough (probably) or eating too much sugar (also entirely possible) and which of the two is delaying your O and making your LP short - maybe a combination of the two.

I think you need to normalize your eating. I told you going into this, that this was not a diet I felt good about or could sign off on but that you should keep us posted about how it was going for you. THIS is how it is going - not well. This diet is not working for you and it needs to stop right away IMO. Focusing on fasting overnight and exercise is ignoring the issue which is that you're not eating a healthy enough diet to stay fertile.

Given the results on exercise I think it is a step in the wrong direction to stop exercising in favor of continuing with an eating pattern that is entirely untested. But it's too late now, if you're not ovulating on time and your LP is getting short, we gotta do wahtever it takes to get things back to normal again.

Personally if it was up to me I'd have you stop dieting all together and regroup for a month or two. And then maybe start again with a normal amount of calories EVERY day instead of starving yourself all week long and eating a massive amount of candy on the weekend. If you can't normalize it all the way, then go back to one of the earlier posts in this thread where I told you that you needed to eat more EVERY DAY even if you exceeded the limits with the candy and stuff. YOu need to EAT MORE and it needs to happen EVERY DAY without exception.

Re intermittent fasting, the whole point of LE Diet is to slightly reduce fertility. So yes, part of reducing food intake is to lower our fertility a bit. But because we try to do that while eating a normal cal intake as recommended by the World Health Organization, we are trying to still stay able to conceive while just reducing our fertility a small amount since we believe that to sway pink. That is why I'm so emphatic on the limits, the limits, the limits. It is because it's already the lowest intake we can safely go.

Sooo...I'm not sure if that is in any way helpful to you but I feel like you're asking me to advocate continuing something that I have NEVER thought was a good idea anyway. And I can't do that.

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2017, 03:30 PM
This is from a previous post

4)I strongly suggest you eat more during the week if you're losing weight. When you eat a lot at one sitting, what happens is that your body cannot use most of it and you end up excreting a lot of the calories and you don't use them. You need to have more calories coming in during the week to stop weight loss, not at one sitting.

5)Please try to keep in mind that part of the point of the LE Diet is to also be a healthy pre-pregnancy diet. A diet of candy and broccoli is NOT THAT (I am exaggerating, I understand that's not all you're eating). I cannot sign off on any more candy for you. I would very much rather see you add in a small amount more real food during the week even if you need to increase protein and fat intake somewhat.

atomic sagebrush
May 13th, 2017, 03:32 PM
even if you have to drop diet TOTALLY. STOP what you're doing NOW.

atomic sagebrush
May 14th, 2017, 03:15 PM
So we can't totally know O to the day, is what I'm driving at. this may matter in terms of if your LP is enough to conceive with or not (keeping in mind that YES it can go back to normal again)

I need more info about what you are perceiving the protein limit to even be. I"m not sure I have that information from you at all and I've looked over the thread and havent seen it.

I am saying please stop eating 1200 calories a day from Mon-Fri and then eating tons of candy on the weekend.

I agree at 38 you should not skip months but that is in essence what we're doing if we don't get this under control. We have to fix the problem.

If it were up to me I'd just stop doing everything, stop counting stuff, quit the excess candy, and go onto a vegetarian diet and see what happens. This is risky too, though, becaause if you are eating so much sugar and carbs that it's basically making you have PCOS (which I doubt this is what is happening, it's much more likely that you are not eating enough) then it may not fix anything because vegetarian diets are pretty carby. But we'll know that within a month or two and we can adjust then.

IF you go vegetarian, then continue exercise 4 days a week. If you keep eating 1200 cals then stop exercising.

onelastsway
May 16th, 2017, 03:09 PM
Just a thought - could the bleeding be implantation bleeding? Might you be pregnant?

atomic sagebrush
May 17th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Agh I'm sorry I replied to this but it didn't go through.

The thing with the O symptoms is that O really doesn't cause them, it's the hormones that trigger ovulation to occur. So sometimes the hormones can hang around longer than normal and keep causing symptoms even tho the egg has already come and gone, OR the hormones can stop even a day or two before O and so you don't have the symptoms but haven't Oed yet! The body is weird like that. So we just can't totally know where you are in the cycle.

Re the spotting, that could have been a very light period, or it could have been estrogen dropping in an anovulatory cycle, or it could be implantation spotting, or it could have been a bit of bleeding from the cervix. Any of those things are possible.

60 g protein and 60 g fat is still in LE Diet range! I often have people eat 50-60 g instead for a variety of reasons so if that is all you're eating normally I'd go back to that range. I am not surprised that you have irregular cycles if that is all you eat normally.

yes, your weird cycle and possibly lower fertility will sway pink, but we have to get you fertile enough to be ovulating regularly.

I can't say about the candy. I suspect that your problem is not eating enough, but I can't know that for a fact and so I feel concerned about the candy. If you are having some sort of PCOS related issues, a bunch of candy is the worst thing you can do for that. Without more info I can't say for sure and it makes me nervous.

I would go back to eating normally, but eat less candy, more fruit (this may help give up the candy??), keep doing exercise 4x a week, cut coffee and alcohol. That is just what I would do personally.

RE bleeding, many pregnancies start out with a little bleeding. I had a 5 day period and ended up with a baby 9 months later. And the cramping can actually be a good sign for conception as well.

atomic sagebrush
May 18th, 2017, 01:51 PM
No, the bleeding is not a bad sign. I know it's hard to believe if you have never had bleeding before but a large minority of normal, helathy pregnancies start off with bleeding or have bleeding occasionaly during them. I had 5 days of fairly heavy bleeding and had a healthy baby 9 months later!

I would not be surprised if you are pregnant, I would avoid alcohol from now on until AF arrives or you get a positive test.

Yes, let's make those diet changes and see what happens. It may take a month or two to get things moving in a better direction. In the meantime if you notice anything like weight gain or if it seems to be getting worse instead of better, we will need to regroup again. LMK right away, if your weight goes up or if you suddenly break out or anything like htat.

atomic sagebrush
May 18th, 2017, 06:39 PM
I'd wait to cut back on coffee since that causes unpleasant side effects from stopping, till BFP.

As you change your diet, if you suddenly gain a lot of weight or break out (like have pimples/zits) or anything I want you to let me know and I will suggest some more diet changes. This may indicate there actually is PCO-related issues going on due to the higher level of sugar intake and we'd need to change some things.

atomic sagebrush
May 18th, 2017, 06:42 PM
All we can go off of is what the results say and they say 12 weeks was best, but 10 weeks was still good.

I can't tell you if your body was pink friendly or not. Just beyond my ability to know.

The old school sway advice has orgasm down as pink, but we've done a lot of threads and stuff with many girl moms having them and some boy moms not. I had one when I got my DD. It's done now anyway so I would try not to stress/obsess over it. :)

atomic sagebrush
May 19th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Ok, so it not dangerous to drink about 4-5 cups of coffee in early PG? I'm thinking if it could increase the risk of miscarriage??? I'm not ready to go back to tea yet since I don't know if I'm still swaying or not. I don't want to stop with the diet until I know for sure.

When do you suggest that I should do a PG-test? I really don't want to do it to early if it turns out to be a early miscarriage/late AF, if it make any sense?

The egg has not even implanted yet, it's not connected to your body. It is up to you but I would personally wait till you get a positive test to cut back on it.

Most will get a positive by 12 DPO and 99.9% by first missed period. We can't ever rule out early miscarriage though - it can happen at any point.

atomic sagebrush
May 19th, 2017, 12:07 PM
What I meant is that I have lost weight, have very low BMI and seems to be in a bad condition re fertility, (and also vegetarian, 15-16 h fasting, exercise since December, coffee and wine). Maybe it's not so bad if I get PG in that condition? What worries me is that if I'm not PG, my cycles are even more messed up than I thought and I don't know when the next ovulation will show up and how long I could keep up with my sway?

I understand what you mean, Inhope. It is simply that I do not like telling people information that I do not have - as to whether anyone's sway will succeed or not. I would feel good about conceiving that way but I find people put way too much stock into things I say and when I say "oh yes you had a great sway" this ends up being "but atomic said I was gonna get a girl" so I simply prefer not to go down that path for people who are pregnant or may be. :)

atomic sagebrush
May 19th, 2017, 01:07 PM
If you are 14 days past ovulation please take a pregnancy test as per my earlier suggestion.

The egg is not connected to your blood supply at first. Your baby gets its first nutrients from an egg sac it grows and only as the placenta grows do you start sharing blood supply.

atomic sagebrush
May 19th, 2017, 01:08 PM
I totally understand that! I just want to know that I have done my best and I'm totally aware of that it's only increases the chances to get a girl, not a guarantee.

I know but I'm not comfortable with telling people that.

I personally would feel good about conceiving the way you did.

Inhope
May 19th, 2017, 02:12 PM
I know but I'm not comfortable with telling people that.

I personally would feel good about conceiving the way you did.

Tanks for that :) It really helps me to relax and be satisfied with myself and my sway. I think that by the feeling that I have done a god sway (and my best) if I'm PG now or when I will be, hopefully, will help me if I got an opposite. The thought that I have done the best I can and the rest is up to the nature calms me down, if you understand how I mean?!

atomic sagebrush
May 19th, 2017, 10:57 PM
I'd give up at least a cup a day at this point since you don't want to test yet.

atomic sagebrush
May 25th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Yes, it was a light period or else a little midcycle bleeding and you still have not ovulated this month.

I seriously doubt your issues are PCOS related and yes I believe that the most likely explanation by far is low weight and not eating enough but I have to take that into consideration due to the sugar intake. It is totally up to you if you want to continue eating the candy on the weekend, my chief concern is that you are not starving the rest of the week in order to do that!!

Yes yes please think positive here. This is ok. We have lots of people with a weird cycle or two and then we just regroup and end up conceiving within only a couple months.

I think it is entirely possible you are about to ovulate and I'd be prepared to have attempt.

The other option is to go to e4d (or even e5d) since we don't totally know when O is coming.

atomic sagebrush
May 25th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Either a light period or some spotting with ovulation yet to come (plan works either way)

YOu can get the symptoms before and even slightly after O so I prefer you guys rely on OPK (if not doing e4d.) It is up to you whichever your preference is - most will start with one attempt for at least the first month or two before going to e4d.

I would have you eating eggs and full fat dairy, no skim

People can and do get pregnant with 9 day LP and if it's variable, that's even better. :) I think this will fix itself over time.

atomic sagebrush
May 25th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Either a light period or some spotting with ovulation yet to come (plan works either way)

YOu can get the symptoms before and even slightly after O so I prefer you guys rely on OPK (if not doing e4d.) It is up to you whichever your preference is - most will start with one attempt for at least the first month or two before going to e4d.

I would have you eating eggs and full fat dairy, no skim

People can and do get pregnant with 9 day LP and if it's variable, that's even better. :) I think this will fix itself over time.

atomic sagebrush
May 26th, 2017, 12:46 PM
4-6 eggs a week. Yes, you can use the eggs and milk to make up part of your limits for the day but you may need more than the limits (since we are trying to fix a problem here) so you may have to go up to 60 g protein and fat or even more.

No, it's not a problem with your fertility, it is a normal variation. Some of us have that every month.

I would probably go for e4d personally as that is easiest with an unpredictable cycle.

I doubt orgasm does much. most do want to skip it but I don't think it's a big deal, especially if you're not right around O.

atomic sagebrush
May 26th, 2017, 12:49 PM
Re e4 days - let's say that we BD at day 1 and then 5 (at the evenings), if I ovulate late on day 4, are there any sperms still alive by then? Do I have any chance to get pg in a situation like that?

Most would BD on the 4th day. That would be a better attempt. But even if you did go 1 to 5, you still have the very good cahnce that you would just luck your way into having it right at the right time.

atomic sagebrush
May 26th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Right. No need for OPK if doing e4d.

I cannot compare the two because two different sets of people do the methods. It would be like comparing apples to oranges. Most people who do e4d have been swaying a long time and this may indicate they are more set for pink.

atomic sagebrush
May 27th, 2017, 10:51 AM
That is how most people are doing it. BD on the 4th day. I think it is also ok to BD on the 5th day but it will lower chances of conception.

I do not think you should wait till you have fertility signs to start the BD. It is best mentally to get settled into the pattern beforehand and also in case you O without having many/any fertility signs that month.

I have a funny feeling you may want to try one month wiht one attempt just to see if it can work for you. You don't HAVE to, but just from your posts I feel like you may have a lot of worry about going to e4d if you don't at least try one attempt at pos OPK. It is entirely up to you, it is just the vibe I get from reading your posts. I got my daughter with every 4-5 days (just accidentally, we did not know that was something that could work then)

Yes, you can hold off to test with the opk but be aware it is possible to ovulate without having any fertility signs.

I haven't seen a pattern per se, it is just that the results with exercise have dropped after having stayed consistent and this lines up with the point in time people started doing the 4-5 days (and some of them did even less exercise, even though I did not want them to, so that may have some effect). 70% is still very, very good chances and I do not think it wise for you to exercise any more than 4 days a week anyway.

atomic sagebrush
May 27th, 2017, 10:51 AM
That is how most people are doing it. BD on the 4th day. I think it is also ok to BD on the 5th day but it will lower chances of conception.

I do not think you should wait till you have fertility signs to start the BD. It is best mentally to get settled into the pattern beforehand and also in case you O without having many/any fertility signs that month.

I have a funny feeling you may want to try one month wiht one attempt just to see if it can work for you. You don't HAVE to, but just from your posts I feel like you may have a lot of worry about going to e4d if you don't at least try one attempt at pos OPK. It is entirely up to you, it is just the vibe I get from reading your posts. I got my daughter with every 4-5 days (just accidentally, we did not know that was something that could work then)

Yes, you can hold off to test with the opk but be aware it is possible to ovulate without having any fertility signs.

I haven't seen a pattern per se, it is just that the results with exercise have dropped after having stayed consistent and this lines up with the point in time people started doing the 4-5 days (and some of them did even less exercise, even though I did not want them to, so that may have some effect). 70% is still very, very good chances and I do not think it wise for you to exercise any more than 4 days a week anyway.

atomic sagebrush
May 28th, 2017, 10:05 AM
Yes, it's every 4th day. I know it's confusing but it's the only way to end up with attempts O-3 and O Day.

I simply can't say which is best between the two. I can't recommend one over the other because I see evidence pointing both ways and it may depend on other things (like how much of a control freak a person is, or things having to do with DH) and I just can't say and really honestly can't even recommend one over the other for you. As a general rule I like people to start with one attempt. But I got my daughter with e4d or so.

No matter what if you do one attempt I do want you do start doing e4d AFTER that point. what happens many times is that people will think they have ovulated and do one attempt and stop having sex, but their ovulation was actually delayed. By doing e4d after that one attempt you are at least covered in case that happens.

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Yes, Sunday and Wednesday. Every 4th day.

Do not stop when you get creamy CM and cervix is closed. The reason is because you can have O symptoms that go away, but you don't ovulate then. And in a few days or weeks, you'll have symptoms again, EWCM returns, cervix opens again, and then you will really O and if you are not having attempts then, you have no chance of conceiving.

Inhope
May 29th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Finally I get it!! Thanks for making it clear!

onelastsway
May 29th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Yes, Sunday and Wednesday. Every 4th day.

Do not stop when you get creamy CM and cervix is closed. The reason is because you can have O symptoms that go away, but you don't ovulate then. And in a few days or weeks, you'll have symptoms again, EWCM returns, cervix opens again, and then you will really O and if you are not having attempts then, you have no chance of conceiving.

Oh, I was doing it Sunday and Thursday etc!

lovepink13
May 29th, 2017, 03:20 PM

Me too!! Well when I was doing E4D, now I just do it when Hubby is home..

Imama
May 29th, 2017, 05:32 PM
Re e4d method. I was also confused but for me is better look at cd, for example bd on 10cd and then 14 cd, 18 cd and so on. Am I right?

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2017, 06:19 PM

It doesn't matter. There is no magic to the pattern, it just lowers odds of conception a little to do it that way.

For better odds of conception squeeze it together by a day.

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2017, 06:21 PM
Re e4d method. I was also confused but for me is better look at cd, for example bd on 10cd and then 14 cd, 18 cd and so on. Am I right?

It is fine to do it that way, but most people would do every 4th day, CD 10 and then 13 (counting 1,2,3,4) but it is fine either way.

The whole point is to end up with attempts on O-3 and O Day at the worst.

atomic sagebrush
May 31st, 2017, 10:55 AM
No, you can't do that, because you are completely defeating the purpose of the e4d both for boosting odds of conception (because if you stop and then start and then stop you may miss O) and also being laid back and relaxing about it. It makes NO SENSE to stop doing e4d.

Yes it is normal to have O pains several days before O. I always do.

There is no point getting nervous for things that have already happened. If there wasn't enough semen/sperm to get you pregnant, it's not going to magically appear in there now just because you worried about it. Please try to let things like this go for the sake of your sway. I cannot tell you from here if there was enough or if you just didn't notice it or whatever. It makes no difference either way since it is a done deal now and I would not even bother asking him about it. Just keep going with the e4d.

atomic sagebrush
May 31st, 2017, 12:27 PM
I like you guys to stick to the diet as much as possible at least till about 7 DPO because studies (the best studies we have on gender ratio) seem to indicate lower glucose in the reproductive tract while the fertilized egg is floating around in there, leads to better development of XX fertilized eggs.

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2017, 12:04 PM
Remember, I can't tell you if things are ok or not. All these things are just beyond my ability to know and I cannot answer these specific questions about numbers of hours and etc etc etc that keep coming up in this thread. :)

atomic sagebrush
June 2nd, 2017, 10:17 AM
I. Don't. Know.

atomic tough love warning. Sorry if all this seems harsh but we are at 13 pages in this thread and I am still getting these same questions from you despite repeated explanations.

Again, I have absolutely no way of knowing these things. Zero. None. They very well may be different for each individual and vary wildly based on what foods a person ate during the day. I cannot answer these kind of questions. I really can't. And I won't. I understand some of you lovely ladies want assurance that I have signed off on whatever diet plan you want to do and will stop at nothing to bully me into it, but if I don't know, I don't know, I have explained like 500 times in this thread that I don't know, and you can rephrase the question another 500 times and that is not going to change.

You have chosen to eat differently than LE Diet. Your prerogative, totally up to you. But I cannot sign off on 10,000 different variations because I have not SEEN people have success that way. Please, no more. I am seriously going to lock this thread if I have any more questions of this nature because I am not doing you any favors at all indulging the detail-oriented "swaycessive" kind of questions.

What I can say without any reservations is that I am far, far, far more concerned about the control-freakyness of this thread than anything having to do with diet. You are harming your sway exponentially more sitting around dwelling on this stuff than any minor dietary quirk. (and please do not now argue that you aren't, because I can tell that you are, and I have the observations of people whose sways have succeeded and produced opposites to base this on.)

The LE Diet as written is designed to keep blood sugar low. You don't have to think about it or worry about it or "make" it happen. Now please understand that we do not know (and in fact it probably doesn't even work like this) if it is truly "low blood sugar" as a number on a monitor or if (much, much more likely) that it's some process that happens in your body where it is burning stores of fat to keep blood sugar in normal range. We say "lower blood sugar" as a kind of shorthand for a process where your body tries to keep blood sugar NORMAL. So you may not even have to keep blood sugar levels "low" per se, it's that you have times where your body has had to burn off those stores of fat/muscle to keep blood sugar in normal range. Your body doesn't like or want low blood sugar and so it takes steps to raise it. It is very, very probably whatever steps it takes to raise blood sugar into normal range that sway and not the numbers in and of themselves.

atomic sagebrush
June 2nd, 2017, 11:34 AM
Questions are always fine and yeah I know we have a language barrier as well. I just feel like you're not doing yourself (or me either at this point) any favors with the number of hours, etc questions. So. Any other questions that you have please feel free to ask away, but just not the very fine detail ones. :)

Alakey
July 20th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Сheers to everyone! Are there any tips what to do for definitely conceiving a girl? Madly I want a daughter, but here all these diets and other, it really helps or assists? And is here any section dedicated to what is not necessary for the girl to conceive? I already look for an ovulation test (https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/ovulation-tests) to choose the most favorable moment, but before conception as I understand it is necessary to prepare. And I will also be grateful if you tell me all the necessary devices for conception and a normal pregnancy.
P.S. Very worried, although the birth is still very, very far, thoughts are constantly about it)

Mommy2apples
July 20th, 2017, 07:13 AM
Hi Alakey!
So most important things. 60 mins of cardio 6-7 days a week
Coffee
Alcohol
12 weeks of le diet
1 attempt at positive opk
Recommend the clear blue advance digital opks. Pricey, but take the guess work out of if its positive or not.
Clomid if you can get it

2003 [emoji1349]2009 [emoji1407] 2012 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] 2018[emoji120] for a [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into the mix of our crazy bunch and complete our beautiful family! [emoji7]

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

fiveboys
July 20th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Alakey all the tips above..i also added diet coke daily..i went vegetarian for around 10 weeks..and also hubby..clomid and metformin..i ended up ditching any exercise around the last 5 weeks before i concieved.. i dtd every 3 to 4 days and on the day of a solid smiley(clearblue opk) good luck xx

Mommy2apples
July 20th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Five boys! That makes me hopeful! I'm doing the e3d and hoping that I get a static face on my clear blue opk! If not will continue with the e3d, because my body is wonky!

2003 [emoji1349]2009 [emoji1407] 2012 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1406] 2015 [emoji1356] 2016 [emoji1413] 2018[emoji120] for a [emoji1405][emoji166]to fit into the mix of our crazy bunch and complete our beautiful family! [emoji7]

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

atomic sagebrush
July 21st, 2017, 02:34 PM
Сheers to everyone! Are there any tips what to do for definitely conceiving a girl? Madly I want a daughter, but here all these diets and other, it really helps or assists? And is here any section dedicated to what is not necessary for the girl to conceive? I already look for an ovulation test (https://www.bestadvisers.co.uk/ovulation-tests) to choose the most favorable moment, but before conception as I understand it is necessary to prepare. And I will also be grateful if you tell me all the necessary devices for conception and a normal pregnancy.
P.S. Very worried, although the birth is still very, very far, thoughts are constantly about it)

I see there is a link in this, I'm leaving it up for now but spamming is not allowed and is a banning offense.

If you're really here fo sway info, that's great, please check out the Complete Index in my signature below.

Alakey
November 10th, 2017, 06:40 AM
Thanks to all for the advice, I'm afraid they are not relevant, we divorced. Sorry, that disappeared after asking a question but I did not want to talk with or see anybody so lived in the village with my mother.
Good and love for you, which I have lost...