PDA

View Full Version : My ectopic angel

ladybug
October 6th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Hi ladies I thought I would come back and let you all know what happened to me...On Sept 25 i was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy and given 2 shots of methotrexate to end my pregnancy....It didnt worked I ended up in emerg on Sat with a ruptured tube....I had surgery and after some scary moments I am now home again and on the road to recovery....I did lose my tube and the OBGYN feels this is a only a small change I will ever conceive on my own again....I am devastated by all this....I have had a hard few months....I will try again to conceive in Jan...until then I am just going to concentrate on dealing with my grief and caring for myself....I just hope to be blessed with another baby some day, any baby, boy or girl!!!

I wish all you ladies the best on on your journeys and I hope you all get your desired genders or at least little perfect little babies....I will be back to check in on everyone...

Take Care

nuthinbutpink
October 6th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I'm so sorry. If you have a tube and a functioning ovary, there is no reason at all you cannot go on to conceive another baby. I am so sorry for your loss.

TTC5
October 7th, 2011, 12:30 AM
I'm so sorry xxxx

fresas
October 7th, 2011, 03:30 AM
I'm so sorry. :(

rainbowflower
October 7th, 2011, 03:38 AM
so sorry for your loss, as said above I've heard of women retaining near-normal fertility with one tube once the other takes over to compensate.

Zivic-Bubac
October 7th, 2011, 04:10 AM
OMG Ladybug, I didn't know you were having such a terrible time :sadflwr: I'm so very sorry for your loss....Take your time to recover completely ( at least physically, emotional wounds don't heal that easy, we all know :HH:)

I'm with nuthin, I think you can conceive with 1 ovary and tube.
Hugs coming your way :hug2:

Indira
October 7th, 2011, 04:18 AM
I am so sorry ladybug that this happened to you, wishing you all the best, HUGS

My Fabulous Children
October 7th, 2011, 04:19 AM
So sorry hun.

Foxy
October 7th, 2011, 04:44 AM
I'm so sorry :( I agree with nuthin. You can still have a baby with just one tube. Wishing you all the best!

LolaInLove
October 7th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Ladybug, I am SO sorry to read that. If it makes you feel any better, the exact same thing happened to one of my very good friends just a couple of years ago, and her doctor gave her Clomid to make sure she would ovulate, and she had B/G twins, conceived the first try! So, one tube doesn't mean it's over. Hey, we gotta look at it this way: it only takes one tube for you, just like it would only take one sperm for me. Big hugs, and hope you and the family are recovering and doing ok. XXOO

zanacal
October 7th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I'm so sorry Ladybug, I've been wondering how you are. You've been through such a traumatic time lately, take good care of yourself won't you x

Flava
October 7th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Im so sorry for your loss! XXX And just like the others said for sure you can get pregnant with one tube! I don't even know why you doc said there is a very small chance? Lot's of woman do! Take care and good luck for the next try!

ladybug
October 7th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks ladies for the support. The reason he said that I am going to have trouble conceiving again is because my remaining tube had adhesions on it. We may try again.

mummyof3boys
October 11th, 2011, 03:45 AM
IM so Sorry for your loss xxxx BUT YOU CAN DEF CONCIEVE!!!!!! MY SISTER lost her tube the first time she ever fell pregnant she then fell pregnant about 3 months later but had a MC then fell again 3 months later and has a baby girl!!!! NO FERTILITY DRUGS WHATSOEVER!!!!!!IT IS DEF POSSIBLE not sure why they would have said that as no doctor ever told my sister she was unlikley to fall pg! Sending lovex : ))

mummyof3boys
October 11th, 2011, 03:47 AM
sorry must have been writing at the same time lol so did they see that through ultrasound???

happyheart
October 11th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I am so sorry!!! Sending you lots of (((HUGS))). Wishing you a speedy recovery! Take care! :HH: