PDA

View Full Version : Creatine and Naturally Smart

Dr. Potter
October 7th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Hi Atomic Sagebrush,
I would love for you to opine on male supplements, like Naturally Smart for Men, that improve semen parameters.
Best regards,
Dr. Potter

atomic sagebrush
October 11th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Oh, thanks Dr. Potter!

I really like the Naturally Smart for Men a lot and highly recommend them for anyone who is going HT and just needs a big boost of nutrients to help raise sperm count BUT...

Some of the ingredients are not good for a person who wants to sway blue (like the berry ingredients and high vit. C content may lower pH which some believe might sway pink and there is calcium, albeit a tiny amount, which again some believe will sway pink) and some of the ingredients are not good for a person who wants to sway pink (like the zinc, l-arg, carnitine, the Coq 10) and so I can't really advise it for anyone who is swaying for a particular gender.

Also, the expense is not insignificant and since some of us are swaying out of poverty ;) it may be more doable for many couples to go with a One A Day men's 50 plus plus a couple of additional supps.

I do really like the Naturally Smart for Women for pink swayers who decide to take a multivitamin (even though I don't usually recommend that they do).

Re Creatine - I have that on my list of supps where I am not confident in it enough to recommend to everyone but may potentially be helpful to some. The concern I have with Creatine is that it can cause weight gain in men who are not actively bodybuilding and weight gain, for men who are wanting to sway blue, is a step in the wrong direction because it will raise estrogen levels and that can potentially sway pink. Since the body can manufacture its own creatine out of meat and the boy diets are all meat-heavy, my thinking is that until I see overwhelming evidence in support of creatine swaying blue, it's best to stick with the raw materials and let the body take care of the creatine production.

Pink swayers would not want to take it due to the potential to increase muscle growth and raise testosterone levels.

Thanks so much for asking, every question improves the depth and quality of info for all. :)

yasmor
December 29th, 2012, 04:07 PM
oh i never heard that vit c make sperm count lower , my husband take it every day :(

yasmor
December 29th, 2012, 04:09 PM
thanks for all informations :)

atomic sagebrush
January 4th, 2013, 10:35 AM
oh i never heard that vit c make sperm count lower , my husband take it every day :(

It doesn't, but it ~may~ lower pH. It's good for him, I'd keep giving it to him!