PDA

View Full Version : I'm BACK! And totally ready for advice!

Nann3r
December 21st, 2016, 07:31 PM
I started ttc in october 2015. obviously it hasn't worked since! So we finally hit our year mark and saw a fertility doctor. Hubby was tested: 18million count; 46% motility; 52 morphology. Doctor said its slightly low but still healthy. So i started clomid this cycle and had my first IUI a week ago. Then had a progesterone test yesterday to confirm ovulation. Came back at 76.3 nmol/l (or 24 ng/dl) which is great news. Strong ovulation, possibly more than 1 egg. but no way to know for sure without an US. regardless.. I took a test today and its as negative as negative gets...

I don't know what to do. I don't want to pay for an IUI again... at least not back to back like this. but i know clomid sways girl.. So I'm worried if we try naturally on clomid, I'll get a girl. Which to be honest at this point I'd be thrilled with either. But I'm wondering if i should just suck it up and do another IUI.. I just dont understand... Why can't we conceive??? we are both very healthy in retrospect. Hubby could lose a few but hes still very active. I've lost 20 lbs in the last year, which i know sways girl.. I was just trying anything top get pregnant at all.. Still not successful.. its just so disheartening :broken::broken::broken:

Kelbear
December 21st, 2016, 11:27 PM
I don't know enough to offer you any advice bust just wanted to say I hope you get your bfp soon. Sending lots of blue dust your way

atomic sagebrush
December 22nd, 2016, 05:46 PM
Oh no Nann I'm sorry you haven't conceived yet.

If you had a IUI a week ago, you may just be too early to get a positive test yet. 10-12 days after conception is when you can start getting positive tests.

Clomid only sways as much as it does when it's a part of an overall pink sway. If you're not actively swaying pink in other ways, it's only 3-5% max. So if you need it to conceive, just do a blue sway and take the Clomid. It WILL NOT sway for you in the way it does for the pink swayers. they're also doing diet, exercise, one attempt, and usually other stuff too.

Nann3r
December 22nd, 2016, 08:17 PM
Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking. It's taken so long I haven't really been hard core swaying like I was before /: im pretty neutral actually. Not too boy friendly or too girl friendly.. part of the reason I was torn about clomid and not doing IUI n such. So we'll see I suppose. Maybe I got lucky on the first try of IUI and I just don't have a pos test yet. Fx I guess! Trying to stay positive but not get my hopes up too much.

I feel like I'm back to the beginning of wanting to test like twice a day and tweaking tested like crazy to try to produce a line that was never there to begin with.. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
December 26th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Even if you're just taking a prenatal then that's still swaying blue (one of the most effective things BTW!!) And DTD more than once in your fertile window is great too.

FX that this is all irrelevant and that we'll be seeing a BFP in a few days.