PDA

View Full Version : No heartbeat at 8 weeks

Erin514
January 2nd, 2017, 11:20 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm 8 weeks today and had bright red spotting and cramping since last night. I sat in the ER for three hours this morning to eventually get a transvag u/s, but the doctor gave me zero info. He said it looked smaller than 8 weeks but otherwise normal, but he couldn't estimate the age or find a heartbeat. I was asking "shouldn't there be one at eight weeks? Does this mean I'm for sure miscarrying?" But he couldn't answer me or tell me anything.

I don't think my dates are wrong since I used OPKs and only had one attempt. Should I assume this is definitely the beginning of a miscarriage? Anyone have a story about a doctor who couldn't find a heartbeat this late but the baby was actually alive?

XXforhubby
January 2nd, 2017, 01:47 PM
Erin, I'm so incredibly sorry you are going through this! I'm hoping and praying that everything will work out!

I had 2-3 scans early on with my DS2. I felt pregnant yet I couldn't get a positive pregnancy test until 21dpo and scan 1 and 2 didn't match when I got a positive pregnancy test OR my dates (we only BDed once!!). Finally scan 3 at 10 weeks 5 days showed a gummy bear with a heart beat!! I was told that I had to ovulated late followed by really late implantation. He is 3 now and perfectly fine and healthy.

I am praying that you just have a slow cooker growing in there and that the technician doing your scan at the ER was grossly incompetent.

[emoji8][emoji1317]

[emoji170][emoji1379]DS1, [emoji577]DS2, & [emoji602]DS3[emoji170]
[emoji166]One Last Pink Sway[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

Erin514
January 2nd, 2017, 02:30 PM
I hope so too, xx. Thanks for your words of encouragement, it means a lot to me.

Kittybear
January 2nd, 2017, 03:37 PM
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I would say, do not give up hope yet! I hope the bleeding settles down but I would definitely get another scan in a week or so; by then you should have more answers (and hopefully a more experienced/ understanding technician) xx

MiaMelb
January 2nd, 2017, 04:13 PM
Very sorry to hear your news Erin. Waiting like this is so hard. Look after yourself.

atomic sagebrush
January 2nd, 2017, 04:50 PM
while of course it is never what you want to see, it's not over till it's over. Some doctors are crappers at ultrasounds and get things wrong with shocking regularity.

I would prepare for the worst but don't give up just yet. :heart:

Faithinpink
January 2nd, 2017, 07:08 PM
So sorry to hear this erin . Sending huge hugs xo
Dont give up as atomic said its not over til its over .
i know it will be hard with young ones but get plenty of rest and take care of YOU !! XX

Erin514
January 3rd, 2017, 09:57 AM
To update, unfortunately this did not have a happy ending and I began to hemmorage from the miscarriage. I'm in the ER now waiting for a D&C. I seem to have more or less stabilized the bleeding for the moment at least.

I also hemorraged for both deliveries of my boys, in the third stage, and blood tests weren't able to tell me why. I'm really not sure what to do now. We wanted another kid but it is so nerve-racking to go through this every time and I do worry about the risks. Just feeling really confused about the future.

Thanks for your support everyone.

cosmosis
January 3rd, 2017, 10:02 AM
I'm sorry for your loss :awe: I hope you have an easy recovery!

Kittybear
January 3rd, 2017, 10:32 AM
So sorry to read this Erin :( sending gentle hugs xxx

GirlieCat
January 3rd, 2017, 11:50 AM
So sorry Erin. Give yourself time to process everything. Hoping you are feeling better soon.

MrsTheatrical
January 3rd, 2017, 11:53 AM
I'm so sorry that you are going through this [emoji171]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fiveboys
January 3rd, 2017, 11:54 AM
Hugs xxx

Babygirlquest
January 3rd, 2017, 02:38 PM
So sorry for your loss honey.

XXforhubby
January 3rd, 2017, 02:42 PM
Words cannot express how sorry I am for your loss [emoji22]. I'm sending lots of strength and healing your way.

(((Huge Hugs)))

[emoji170][emoji1379]DS1, [emoji577]DS2, & [emoji602]DS3[emoji170]
[emoji166]One Last Pink Sway[emoji166]
My Ovulation Chart (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

sigrid86
January 3rd, 2017, 04:52 PM
I'm very very sorry to hear this Erin.

Just give yourself the time and space to mourn. And above all, take care of yourself!

Sending you lots of hugs and love XXX

atomic sagebrush
January 3rd, 2017, 04:53 PM
Oh no Erin, I"m so terribly sorry. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

MrsSparkles
January 3rd, 2017, 05:17 PM
So sad to hear this Erin.
Hoping you get back home soon, and that you can start healing.

Kelbear
January 3rd, 2017, 05:24 PM
So sorry you are having to go through this :sad:

MiaMelb
January 4th, 2017, 04:31 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss Erin. My thoughts are with you tonight. The ER is a strange, overwhelming place, not where you want to be making any decisions, give yourself some time. Take care.

Georgia_Peach
January 6th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Awe Erin I am so sorry to read this! I cannot imagine how hard this must be for you and your family. Take the time you need to
Recover mentally and physically. This is something so many of us go through but is the worst pain imaginable. Thoughts and prayers are with you!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The Anchor
January 11th, 2017, 01:40 PM
So sorry Erin, I hope you are able to find peace...