PDA

View Full Version : Due June/July/August 2017 (2)

Pages : [1] 2 3

GirlieCat
January 12th, 2017, 12:32 PM
Due Date group for those ladies expecting in June, July or August 2017. Here is to a happy and healthy pregnancy ladies! :DD::DS:

All*blue*everything- May 30- didn't sway but hoping girl- having BOY

Amelia- June 12- swayed boy- having BOY

Mummyof4boys- June 14- swayed girl- having GIRL

Joanne3146- June 20- didn't sway but hoping boy

MrsSparkles- June 21- swayed girl- having BOY

Dreamsister- June 21- swayed girl- having GIRL

GirlieCat- June 22- swayed girl- having GIRL

bre_cooper11- June 22- swayed boy- having BOY

Blckhrt- June 26- swayed girl- having GIRL

Tynille- June 30- didn't sway but hoping girl

Britt316- July 3- swayed girl

Rainbow16- July 6- swayed girl

letibe77- July 19- HT/PGD- having GIRL

2ndtimemom- July 21- swayed boy

PrayingForPrincess- July 25- swayed girll- having BOY

BabsNMK- July 29- swayed girl- having BOY

Norskie2005- Aug 1- swayed girl- having BOY

Kelbear- Aug 20- swayed girl- having BOY

Cnburke- Aug 21- swayed boy- having GIRL

JeanT- Aug 26- HT/PGD- having GIRL

Sigrid86- Aug 31- swayed girl

Angels: Beau 82, Mamabear [emoji20]

GirlieCat
January 12th, 2017, 12:41 PM
We are doing awesome ladies. If I got any DD wrong please let me know.

Who is next to find out gender? Any ladies waiting till birth for a surprise? (Is that called team green when you wait?)

Nikunj130013
January 12th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Hii

Want to know whether boy or girl from sonography

How to attach reports

Kelbear
January 12th, 2017, 01:57 PM
I'm going team green (unless I change my mind but I think I will wait)

All*blue*everything
January 12th, 2017, 03:20 PM
Had my 20wk scan today baby looks healthy. He was so cute kicking away and we saw him rub his head x I keep looking at the scan pic and smiling xxx
http://i.imgur.com/m0AKv3t.jpg

Sent from mTalk

mamabear
January 12th, 2017, 04:22 PM
July 24th for me please GirlieCat. Thanks for the new thread!

All blue - what a gorgeous scan shot [emoji173]

I'm sitting bored through my GTT this morning (have had gestation diabetes twice so getting tested early this time). 13 week scan on Monday, hoping to get a look at the nub! And having NIPT redraw Tuesday morning, last attempt there wasn't enough fetal DNA in the sample. So hopefully by the end of next week we'll know boy or girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GirlieCat
January 12th, 2017, 04:34 PM
I updated yours mama- I think I had to guess because I couldn't find it in past posts. So exciting that you will know soon. I get so excited for people to find out.

All Blue- what a cute little boy! It is amazing how far everyone is coming along.

BabsNMK
January 12th, 2017, 07:10 PM
Mama I had GD with my last pregnancy and I get my A1C next week and first glucose in 2 weeks at 14 weeks. Not excited at all since he likelihood of not having it after previously having is quite slim. I didn't have it with my first so fingers crossed for this time. However the GD diet is the best way to keep pregnancy weight gain low.

I'll be 12 weeks Saturday and I'm finally feeling human again. I exercised for the first time in 6 weeks and it was ok. However...and this is how crazy I am...since I was only sick for about 4 weeks I'm convinced it must be another boy because in my mind I'd have to be ill for longer if it was a girl. I know this isn't fact.

BabsNMK
January 12th, 2017, 07:10 PM
And thanks Girlie for the updated thread!

Erin514
January 12th, 2017, 11:36 PM
Mummyof4boys, just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on hearing pink. I really love seeing moms with a bunch of boys finally get their girl and vice versa.

Kelbear, if it helps you feel any better I had bright red bleeding at ten weeks with DS2 that lasted about an hour and I never had any bleeding for the rest of the pregnancy after that. He is totally healthy. They never found a reason for the bleeding. So it happens and doesn't necessarily mean anything. Fingers crossed you don't have any more scares.

Mummyof4boys
January 13th, 2017, 02:27 AM
Had my 20wk scan today baby looks healthy. He was so cute kicking away and we saw him rub his head x I keep looking at the scan pic and smiling xxx
http://i.imgur.com/m0AKv3t.jpg

Sent from mTalk

Awww so precious!!! I couldn't get a nice profile shot, she was face down in my placenta asleep the whole time lol.

All*blue*everything
January 13th, 2017, 02:57 AM
Awww so precious!!! I couldn't get a nice profile shot, she was face down in my placenta asleep the whole time lol.
So was he! She had me in all kinds of positions so she could do all the checks he moved into this position for a split second so its the only pic I got x

Sent from mTalk

GirlieCat
January 13th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Hi all just jumping back in here to update. I had the nipt done and we found out that baby is low risk for everything which is great news, such a relief! We also found out that baby is a boy! This makes baby boy #4 for us. Although my diet wasn't the best, I still changed a lot of things like no snacking and cutting back on calories and so on, along with losing 7 lbs. I also changed other things like stopping all vitamins besides folic acid and we did only one attempt after 7 days on first +opk. I had bought the plan and stuck to it as best as I could, but maybe I needed to do it longer? Idk, either way I think we are made to only make boys which a big part of me is sad, but yet I am just so happy baby is healthy as far as we know.

Read original post from Norksie that she posted today in the old thread (above).

Congratulations Norskie on your healthy baby boy!

Mummyof4boys
January 13th, 2017, 04:54 PM
So was he! She had me in all kinds of positions so she could do all the checks he moved into this position for a split second so its the only pic I got x

Sent from mTalk

Aww lol. I managed to get a couple cute pics of her feet and hands but that's it lol.

norskie2005
January 13th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Thanks for informing me of the new thread girlie! We have been so busy that I haven't been able to check in for a while. I was also so nervous about this pregnancy, first fearing a miscarriage again and secondly fear of getting back bad nipt results. I have not connected at all with this pregnancy, I was hoping knowing that the nipt came back low risk would help me, but so far it hasn't. I am super happy to have a healthy baby, but a little part of me is bummed/depressed about not having a daughter. Having 4 boys total, 2 living and 1 angel already tells me I'm just destined to have boys. I have no clue if we would even try again at some point. I feel like I changed a lot of things this sway compared to my other pregnancies, and that didn't work so why would it work another time ya know?

Burakoam
January 13th, 2017, 08:38 PM
Norskie...i know how you feel. I am so sorry. thread crashing to say i hope when he is in your arms you find some healing for everything you have been through. I would have loved to hear healthy baby boy with my sway on my NIPT test...i wish it had been the opposite for both of us..-big hugs-

While swaying does seem to work for most it does appear there are some of us who are pre-destined for certain genders. even if its nothing religious and instead the scale is much larger than 100%..if swaying is 50/50 but for some reason you/your body already sways its self 125% boy or girl, then you still have a 75% chance for the same gender even if you 'tipped' the scale in your favor...know what i mean?

norskie2005
January 14th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Norskie...i know how you feel. I am so sorry. thread crashing to say i hope when he is in your arms you find some healing for everything you have been through. I would have loved to hear healthy baby boy with my sway on my NIPT test...i wish it had been the opposite for both of us..-big hugs-

While swaying does seem to work for most it does appear there are some of us who are pre-destined for certain genders. even if its nothing religious and instead the scale is much larger than 100%..if swaying is 50/50 but for some reason you/your body already sways its self 125% boy or girl, then you still have a 75% chance for the same gender even if you 'tipped' the scale in your favor...know what i mean?

Thank you very much for this. I am now believing too that some of us are just not meant to have a child of both sexes. I think what is the hardest is seeing all of these families out there with exactly one of each or the families with two of each. Like why couldn't we be blessed with just one of the opposite sex? I also get irritated with those that don't even need to sway in any way that still end up with the opposite sex. Like someone with a diet and timing just like me could do nothing to change and still end up with a girl, while I over here tried my hardest to change things more girl friendly and still end up with a boy. I really am so happy baby is healthy and I know that's all that matters, just needed to get a vent out. I'll be ok, I know I will love this little boy just as much, I guess it's just hard knowing that you'll never have that mother daughter relationship.

Beau82
January 14th, 2017, 12:09 PM
I'm so sorry things didn't go as planned norskie. I was quite upset for weeks after we found out DS4 was a boy. I really thought I would finally have a girl and had myself convinced that way so when I heard "boy", I came home and cried my eyes out. What helped for me was to do a little shopping. Even though he really didn't need anything in the line of clothing, it helped to start fresh and buy some new things that I was picking out especially for him.
I know exactly how you feel. It still irritates me to no end when I find out that a friend who is pregnant with her second, has an opposite, giving them that pigeon pair. It's nothing against them of course but it bothers me that it comes so easily to most people. And I never even wanted a pp! I've only ever wanted one girl.
I always joke that in some countries I would be treated like royalty for producing so many boys :rofl:

All*blue*everything
January 14th, 2017, 01:20 PM
I'm so sorry things didn't go as planned norskie. I was quite upset for weeks after we found out DS4 was a boy. I really thought I would finally have a girl and had myself convinced that way so when I heard "boy", I came home and cried my eyes out. What helped for me was to do a little shopping. Even though he really didn't need anything in the line of clothing, it helped to start fresh and buy some new things that I was picking out especially for him.
I know exactly how you feel. It still irritates me to no end when I find out that a friend who is pregnant with her second, has an opposite, giving them that pigeon pair. It's nothing against them of course but it bothers me that it comes so easily to most people. And I never even wanted a pp! I've only ever wanted one girl.
I always joke that in some countries I would be treated like royalty for producing so many boys :rofl:
Ha ha I always say that! King henry would have loved me producing 5 sons!

Sent from mTalk

All*blue*everything
January 14th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Thank you very much for this. I am now believing too that some of us are just not meant to have a child of both sexes. I think what is the hardest is seeing all of these families out there with exactly one of each or the families with two of each. Like why couldn't we be blessed with just one of the opposite sex? I also get irritated with those that don't even need to sway in any way that still end up with the opposite sex. Like someone with a diet and timing just like me could do nothing to change and still end up with a girl, while I over here tried my hardest to change things more girl friendly and still end up with a boy. I really am so happy baby is healthy and I know that's all that matters, just needed to get a vent out. I'll be ok, I know I will love this little boy just as much, I guess it's just hard knowing that you'll never have that mother daughter relationship.
I've been struggling since hearing y2day that my sister in law is having a girl she is due the same day as me..she wasn't bothered what she was having she already has a boy..now all 5 of my husbands sibling have daughters except us. I feel like a failure or that I don't deserve a daughter...

Sent from mTalk

Mummyof4boys
January 15th, 2017, 01:13 AM
I've been struggling since hearing y2day that my sister in law is having a girl she is due the same day as me..she wasn't bothered what she was having she already has a boy..now all 5 of my husbands sibling have daughters except us. I feel like a failure or that I don't deserve a daughter...

Sent from mTalk

I'm so sorry All Blue :( I lived through the same sort of thing. All 4 of my husbands siblings that have kids had girls, all of my friends and cousins had girls too..I'd cry my eyes out and be miserable every time for a long time afterwards! I've lived with GD for over 8 years...

My husband has me so upset because he doesn't believe the ultrasound tech got it right and now he's making me doubt it too...she was positive it was a girl, but I know people who have been told the wrong gender. Now I've got to wait til 26 weeks so I can get a 3D ultrasound just to ease my mind. Shouldn't have taken that stupid Intelligender!!! It said boy and now he's wondering if it was right and US was wrong :(

GirlieCat
January 15th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Mummy, you should post your US pic in the US forum and see what ladies guess. If they all say girl it might help ease your mind. I am anxiously waiting my next US too just to be sure my NIPT test was right and she really is a girl. I think it is hard to really believe when you have so much emotions put into it.

Mummyof4boys
January 15th, 2017, 02:47 PM
Mummy, you should post your US pic in the US forum and see what ladies guess. If they all say girl it might help ease your mind. I am anxiously waiting my next US too just to be sure my NIPT test was right and she really is a girl. I think it is hard to really believe when you have so much emotions put into it.

She didn't take a shot of the genital area, just showed me on the screen :/

Burakoam
January 15th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Mummy that intelligender is tricky. if you had sex in the last 2-3 days you will get a boy result because of the semen still in your pee and it picks up on that as 'boy'...funny enough. Its why they warn you to not have sex for 48-72 hours before taking intelligender and if you do you are supposed to wait to take it. I got a boy result with dd3 (my first boy result using it in any of my pregnancies) and it gave me false hope and i only found the "do not take after sex" condition AFTER i had already used it and realized id had sex the day before..sure enough she was a girl and then with this one i took it following the directions exactly and got girl result

Mummyof4boys
January 15th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Mummy that intelligender is tricky. if you had sex in the last 2-3 days you will get a boy result because of the semen still in your pee and it picks up on that as 'boy'...funny enough. Its why they warn you to not have sex for 48-72 hours before taking intelligender and if you do you are supposed to wait to take it. I got a boy result with dd3 (my first boy result using it in any of my pregnancies) and it gave me false hope and i only found the "do not take after sex" condition AFTER i had already used it and realized id had sex the day before..sure enough she was a girl and then with this one i took it following the directions exactly and got girl result

We havent have sex since conception so that isn't it lol. I followed it exactly as instructions said. I know they tend to default as a boy result for some reason...it was correct for my last two sons, but maybe it was a coincidence...I took it at 10 weeks, maybe it would've given a different result later on..

Burakoam
January 15th, 2017, 06:30 PM
They say its an expensive PH test...and the PH of your urine changes pretty easily depending on diet..so if you are eating in a way that would make your body and/or pee more alkaline, you will get a boy result too :) Also any woman that has endometriosis or has taken clomid or estrogen dominant will get boy results with it too.

Mummyof4boys
January 15th, 2017, 07:12 PM
They say its an expensive PH test...and the PH of your urine changes pretty easily depending on diet..so if you are eating in a way that would make your body and/or pee more alkaline, you will get a boy result too :) Also any woman that has endometriosis or has taken clomid or estrogen dominant will get boy results with it too.

Yeah I've heard that. I really hope it's wrong and the US tech got it right! I have to wait another 8ish weeks to have a 3D scan as they don't offer gender scans here :/

mamabear
January 15th, 2017, 07:21 PM
Mummy I really wouldn't put much faith in Intelligender. Are you confident that you saw female genitalia during the scan? After 4 boys I'm sure you're used to seeing boy bits on a scan and would know if they were there or not!

Just over 2 hours until my 13 week scan! So nervous, hope baby is still healthy and growing well, and fingers crossed for a good nub shot!

atomic sagebrush
January 15th, 2017, 07:26 PM
The urine tests do not work. ultrasounds are more reliable than those by a factor of a zillion! :)

Mummyof4boys
January 15th, 2017, 07:47 PM
Mummy I really wouldn't put much faith in Intelligender. Are you confident that you saw female genitalia during the scan? After 4 boys I'm sure you're used to seeing boy bits on a scan and would know if they were there or not!

Just over 2 hours until my 13 week scan! So nervous, hope baby is still healthy and growing well, and fingers crossed for a good nub shot!

Good luck Mamabear! x

mamabear
January 15th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Scan being rescheduled, sonographer not available [emoji30]

Mummyof4boys
January 16th, 2017, 06:05 PM

Oh no how disappointing for you :/ Hope you don't have to wait too much longer to see your little one

norskie2005
January 17th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Again thank you ladies for helping me through this process, knowing I'm not alone in my thinking and sadness. I did go shopping over the weekend to get some ideas of what to get the new one, we had a house fire in October and lost everything baby, except for clothing, so we need all new stuff. It was fun looking at stuff again and we did get his take home outfit, a onesie sleeper with cute little elephants on it. As far as dh's siblings, he has 6 of them and 4 of them have children with both sexes. I have only one sibling and he is getting married in June, which I'm sure shortly after that they will start trying. We keep telling him that we will be having all the boys and he'll have all the girls. I'm sure that if they do have a girl at some point I will probably be super jealous, I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but I need to prepare myself for when that day comes lol.

MrsSparkles
January 17th, 2017, 12:05 PM

Awww that sucks :(

Girlieplease
January 17th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Again thank you ladies for helping me through this process, knowing I'm not alone in my thinking and sadness. I did go shopping over the weekend to get some ideas of what to get the new one, we had a house fire in October and lost everything baby, except for clothing, so we need all new stuff. It was fun looking at stuff again and we did get his take home outfit, a onesie sleeper with cute little elephants on it. As far as dh's siblings, he has 6 of them and 4 of them have children with both sexes. I have only one sibling and he is getting married in June, which I'm sure shortly after that they will start trying. We keep telling him that we will be having all the boys and he'll have all the girls. I'm sure that if they do have a girl at some point I will probably be super jealous, I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but I need to prepare myself for when that day comes lol.

Thread crashing but just wanted to say your not alone feeling like this. My brother who am close too baby is due in a few weeks, they only got married last year and said before they were even were married they would have a girl. Their little girl will arrive soon and I feel so jealous about that, though I have a dd but was swaying for another. They sent me a photo of their 20 week scan and news that it was a girl the week I found out my sway had failed and we are having baby boy 3. My mum knows nothing of my gd and is going on endlessly about how amazing it is to buy pink again and bringing up outfits to show me. She is absolutely entitled to feel excited about her grandchild but am so not looking forward to the birth and everythung, my brother got the looks in our family and his wife is beautiful so you just know she will be cutest little girl ever! Wish wish I did not feel like this and could just be over the moon for them but I cannot but maybe in time? Am hoping I feel differently when she arrives? X

MrsSparkles
January 18th, 2017, 09:39 AM
How is everyone enjoying pregnancy ?
I am loving it, so much so that I want to have loads of babies :) May not be saying that after the birth !
Been so lucky though, no real symptoms at all to speak of (except an obsessive craving for sour foods)

GirlieCat
January 18th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Hi Sparkles,

Things are going good. I am 18weeks today and the last 5 weeks have been the best since sickness went away. Most days I don't even feel prego and I literally forget. Only gained 2 pounds so far, bump still small and hideable. We still haven't announced it. Haven't even told our parents. I decided it is too fun hiding it.

I have my anatomy scan in a week and I am so excited to see baby again and hoping nothing bad is found. We will tell everyone sometime after the scan, if everything is okay.

Pregnancy is easy in second trimester, but it feels like it is taking forever.

Dreamsister
January 18th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Mrs. Sparkles and GirlieCat. Nice to hear from you. So great you are both enjoying your pregnancies and feeling great. Girlie, I think it is amazing you haven't told anyone yet. What a great secret your and your DH are having. Your family will be super surprised that you will be so far along when you tell it. Why not wait until birth? Just joking.

Like you Girlie I am also waiting my anatomy scan next week where I will be 19 weeks plus some days. Looking very much forward to it. Nausea and fatigue has also almost left my body, but I am still struggling with the damm cystitis. Will probably start my third penicillin treatment tomorrow. I don't have any symptoms except having urge to pee frequent. I am a little worried about the complications ongoing cystitis can cause, but I hope I am able to get it under control soon.

Bye the way can you girls recommend some nice maternity clothing brands?

BabsNMK
January 18th, 2017, 01:14 PM
I hate being pregnant! You would think this being my 3rd it would be easier but it's not. The nausea went away around 10 weeks and then came back (although not as bad) over this weekend. Now I have a cold and every time I sneeze I pull a round ligament. We have our 12 week scan tomorrow and will have the blood taken for the tests. I'm extremely anxious because I'm so afraid of being disappointed. But I know I'll be ok either way. I just might need a few days. I can't wait until the fatigue eases up. Maybe a few more weeks. I need energy. But fingers crossed tomorrow baby shows he's growing well. I have gained a ton of weight but don't actually look pregnant (all in my hips and thighs) and it makes me nervous.

GirlieCat
January 18th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Dream, I am so sorry you are still dealing with the cystitis. That has got to be hard to handle. I hope this next round of meds kills it for good.

I still fit in all my pre-prego clothes so I haven't bought any maternity yet. I am going cheap once I do have to buy them and hitting up Goodwill or Salvation Army first.

Babs- reading your post made me so sad for you because I really struggled with hating being pregnant when the nausea was so intense. I would tell my husband over and over that I just didn't want to be pregnant anymore. For me it let up about the 12-13 week mark with only a very tiny bit left in week 14. After that it has been smooth and only a very rare gage now and then if I smell something or overdo it. I hope you find relief very soon and that seeing baby helps you feel better. Very excited for you to find out the gender soon!

Burakoam
January 18th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Dreamsister, id get a second opinion or see a urologist..i would not keep taking antibiotics if they arent working, it may be something else irritating your bladder and i dont think pen will hurt the baby or anything but you can develop an immunity to it just like any other antibiotic and it clearly is not working which tells me its probably not cystitis related to an infection. at least nothing that antibiotics are touching.

Kelbear
January 19th, 2017, 04:43 AM
How is everyone enjoying pregnancy ?
I am loving it, so much so that I want to have loads of babies :) May not be saying that after the birth !
Been so lucky though, no real symptoms at all to speak of (except an obsessive craving for sour foods)

Glad you are enjoying pregnancy MrsSparkles, hopefully the rest of your pregnancy and the birth go smoothly. glad to hear that your nausea has finally settled GirlieCat. It is amazing that you still haven't told anyone and that your bump is still so hideable. I hope your cystitis clears up soon dreamsister, that must be really uncomfortable to deal with.
Babs I sympathise with you, this is my second pregnancy but I don't recall feeling this exhausted this early last time (may have a little to do with chasing a 14 month old around). I wish the wives tale about bad nausea being a girl was true as my morning sickness this time is so much worse but I know it is just a myth. I feel nauseous all day, worse if I get really hungry then ok for about 10 mins while I eat then feel even worse after I've eaten. I just don't know what to do as I am struggling feeling this sick all the time. Hoping it settles after the first trimester.
I hope everyone else's pregnancies are going ok.

Kelbear
January 19th, 2017, 04:49 AM
Has anyone else's bump started showing much quicker subsequent pregnancies? I am nearly 10 weeks and already I have a bit of a bump I am needing to try to hide. I am sure I was never showing this early last time. I was hoping not to have to tell my work colleagues until 16 or so weeks but I am thinking they will be suspicious well before then. I have only put on 1 lb but there is definitely much more bump than I thought there would be at 10 weeks.

XXforhubby
January 19th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Has anyone else's bump started showing much quicker subsequent pregnancies? I am nearly 10 weeks and already I have a bit of a bump I am needing to try to hide. I am sure I was never showing this early last time. I was hoping not to have to tell my work colleagues until 16 or so weeks but I am thinking they will be suspicious well before then. I have only put on 1 lb but there is definitely much more bump than I thought there would be at 10 weeks.

With my DS2, I started to show at 16weeks. With my DS3, I started to show between 8-10weeks. We had to announce we were pregnant by 14 weeks because it was clearly obvious I was pregnant! I hope this time I can hide it a bit longer too. I am hopeful this time because with my DS3 I had tons of bloat upon getting my BFP. I've actually lost weight from all the stress we've been under lately and don't have any bloat yet.

FX you can hold out a bit longer to announce your pregnancy!

[emoji170][emoji1379]DS1, [emoji577]DS2, & [emoji602]DS3[emoji170]
[emoji166]EDD 9/30/2017 [emoji1317]for pink[emoji166]
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

BabsNMK
January 19th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Yes your uterus has already stretched to accommodate baby #1 so you do show earlier subsequent times. I was in maternity clothes at 9 weeks with my second. This pregnancy I'm still pulling off regular clothes but it's because they are my old clothes before I lost weight. So two sizes bigger than I started.

joanne3146
January 19th, 2017, 12:18 PM
20th June won't know gender til born

joanne3146
January 19th, 2017, 12:20 PM
I have four girls already I just don't think I can have boys..

Nub looks girly on this one..

How do you rate the accuracy of the heart rate gender prediction? Mine is 120 and under 140 is boy and over is girl apparently..

Mummyof4boys
January 19th, 2017, 03:52 PM
I have four girls already I just don't think I can have boys..

Nub looks girly on this one..

How do you rate the accuracy of the heart rate gender prediction? Mine is 120 and under 140 is boy and over is girl apparently..

All 5 of my bubs measured over 160 and I had 4 boys and now preg with a girl, so I don't think that theory holds much truth unfortunately :/

Mummyof4boys
January 19th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Glad to hear lots of you are loving pregnancy! I am still not feeling great at 19+3 :( Still have a bit of nausea in the morning and now I've got horrible reflux and indigestion all the time! The food aversions are getting better though..Started having back/hip problems already this week :/ The only part I love about being pregnant is feeling Bub move, otherwise still feel tired, sick and crappy lol.

GirlieCat
January 19th, 2017, 05:02 PM
Wow mummyof4, I am so sorry you are still not feeling well. Did you stay sick this long with all your boys? Any other difference you have noticed with your girl vs boy?

joanne- welcome to our group. You are two days ahead of me. Did you sway? I personally don't put a lot of stock in heartbeat or many of the wives tales. They must have started with something to say it was true, but there is just too many woman who have opposite stories like mummyof4 that you shouldn't look to those things.

BabsNMK
January 19th, 2017, 05:35 PM
So just got done with the 12 week scan. Looking like boy number 3 on the way. I'm incredibly disappointed and have been crying on and off since. I have a pain in my heart and it really hurts. But I'm not devestated. I know I'm lucky to even be pregnant. I'll get over this eventually. It's just so funny how I never even wanted one boy let alone three. I'm a very negative person so I kind of felt like there's no way this dream would come true anyway. And it hasn't. But I'm still glad I swayed since it got me exercising. Or at least I'm trying to find the positive in knowing I'll never have the little girl I dreamed of since I knew what a baby was.

Faithinpink
January 19th, 2017, 05:45 PM
:hug2:Hi babsNMK sending you strength, i know how hard it is when you feel this way . Iam almost 5 weeks pregnant and thinking im having boy #5 . Feels like GD is creeping up slowly but then i think you know boys are really amazing and one day im sure one of them will have a girl .
Give yourself time .

GirlieCat
January 19th, 2017, 06:46 PM
So sorry Babs. Is 12 weeks accurate enough to make guesses? Did the tech tell you boy? Post a pic for us! I love your attitude though and trying to stay positive. Big hugs!

XXforhubby
January 19th, 2017, 06:50 PM
Babs, 12 weeks is WAY too early to say boy or girl. Both genders look the same until 12w5d-13weeks. Was your baby measuring ahead?

Hang in there sweetie! (((Huge Hugs)))

2ndtimemom
January 19th, 2017, 06:58 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170119/79e89bfd574c2affe42714b7ed45f507.jpg
13 weeks scan...any guesses 💙or💗?

DD 👯(17mos) , 💫baby due in july 2017

BabsNMK
January 19th, 2017, 07:00 PM
I'm going to look up how to post. I'm 12-5 today and yes there's always a possibility it's wrong. But tech did say boy even though he said it's possible he's wrong.

I'm glad I seem positive. I know I'm supposed to just be thankful for a healthy baby. And of course I am. That's why I know it'll be ok because people go through so much worse. But it still hurts me a lot. And this is so silly. Ugh I hate emotions.

BabsNMK
January 19th, 2017, 07:02 PM

Here it is

Dreamsister
January 19th, 2017, 09:52 PM
Babs. Congrats on your little baby. I know the uncomfortable feeling your are expressinng, but it will go away. Just give it time and try to accept and embrace the reality. Don't worry. If your baby really is a boy then you have 3 of a kind. Having 3 boys is amazing. The tech might be wrong, because it is still very early to tell. Hang in there and try not to think to much about gender but seek comfort knowing you have a healthy child with its own special personality growing inside you. Big hug.

Dreamsister
January 19th, 2017, 10:00 PM
Burakoam. Thanks for your interesst and good advice. I actually got my urine results back from hospital yesterday and my cystitis/bladder inflamation is not as bad as it needs antibiotics. My plan is to wash away the remaining bacterias with gallons of water, cranberry juice and herb tea. I bought some nature drugs to boost my imune system and prevent further infections from showing up. And then I try to relax on the coach and take it as easy as I can while I am still working on my laptop. I also try to keep warm, sit on the toilet for an extra minute to make sure to empty my bladder and don't turn on the seat heater in my car.

Mummyof4boys
January 19th, 2017, 11:29 PM
Wow mummyof4, I am so sorry you are still not feeling well. Did you stay sick this long with all your boys? Any other difference you have noticed with your girl vs boy?

joanne- welcome to our group. You are two days ahead of me. Did you sway? I personally don't put a lot of stock in heartbeat or many of the wives tales. They must have started with something to say it was true, but there is just too many woman who have opposite stories like mummyof4 that you shouldn't look to those things.

Well each pregnancy has been worse than previous, but with my 4th the morning sickness went away at 18 weeks. This time the MS was worse in that I'd never vomited in past pregnancies but did this time. Food aversions were worse and I always had a horrible rotten after taste in my mouth when I'd eat..couldn't even drink water! I went weeks just living on peanut butter toast, choc milk and apple juice :/ Everything else tasted vile! But it's easing up now and I can drink water and most foods except for chicken - still can't stand the sight (or smell) of it lol..which is funny considering I craved KFC all through my previous pregnancy! My fav thing to eat atm is cheese, tomato, dill cucumber & aoli sandwiches mmm lol.

MrsSparkles
January 20th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Girlie - I love that you haven't told anyone...we've still not revealed the secret to anyone except my Mum & Sister...and they are DYING to tell.
I'm really envious that you've only gained albs - I'm at 14lbs now, and really having to watch everything I eat so as not to gain much more.

Dream - Have you found any remedies that are helping the cystitis ? Are you allowed unsweetened cranberry juice during pregnancy ?

Babs - Good luck at the 12 week scan, hope you hear the gender you want.

MrsSparkles
January 20th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Babs I'm so sorry, I didn't read all the way to the end of the thread about your boy reveal.
You do seem positive, and that's the main thing.
Hope this pregnancy gets easier for you

BabsNMK
January 20th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Well I've been crying on and off for the past 20 hours. I love how you guys think I'm being positive...I'm definitely not but at least I'm good at faking it. I'll post a long post in the GD forum once my bloodwork is back so I won't dwell on it here too much more. I just thought I'd handle it better than this and am shocked with the reaction I'm having.

GirlieCat
January 20th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Girlie - I love that you haven't told anyone...we've still not revealed the secret to anyone except my Mum & Sister...and they are DYING to tell.
I'm really envious that you've only gained albs - I'm at 14lbs now, and really having to watch everything I eat so as not to gain much more.

We have told a couple people, two of my sisters know and one of my friends, but most people don't know since together we have 11 siblings, 16 nieces/nephew, his two parents, my mom and all the aunts/uncles and cousins...then of course all our friends and both of our bosses/work people- so lots to tell still. My older sister is dying to tell too, she wants to tell more than I do and she can't believe I haven't told our family yet. I see my mom at least once a week so it isn't like she is far away or anything, I just don't want to tell her yet.

We will start the announcing after next weeks anatomy scan. I am secretly a little concerned because bump is so small and I have gained so little, that they might find baby has something wrong. Might be why I am still hesitant to tell (also need to see for sure it is a girl even if blood work said it was, always nice to have a second confirmation).

GirlieCat
January 20th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Well I've been crying on and off for the past 20 hours. I love how you guys think I'm being positive...I'm definitely not but at least I'm good at faking it. I'll post a long post in the GD forum once my bloodwork is back so I won't dwell on it here too much more. I just thought I'd handle it better than this and am shocked with the reaction I'm having.

Babs, I guess it was just the way you wrote the original post that sounded positive. I am sorry that you are having a rough time. I think you are right to try and calm down till the blood work comes back and can confirm for you since 12 week ultrasounds are really just too early. When do you expect the blood work results that confirm gender? Mine took exactly a week from the day I gave blood, but some ladies get it back sooner.

BabsNMK
January 20th, 2017, 05:06 PM
It most likely will take a week. I mean the penis is pretty obvious :) I don't even call it a nub because it looks like an actual penis. You never know but this is how it was with the last guy too. But even so nothing I can change.

XXforhubby
January 20th, 2017, 05:19 PM
It most likely will take a week. I mean the penis is pretty obvious :) I don't even call it a nub because it looks like an actual penis. You never know but this is how it was with the last guy too. But even so nothing I can change.

Hang in there sweetie! Give yourself some time. Everyone processes things differently and it may take until you hold him for things to ease up a bit. My DH says that his GD never changed how he felt about each of our boys, it was more the loss of the dream of having a DD. Know we are all here for you!

(((Huge Hugs)))

BabsNMK
January 20th, 2017, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE=XXforhubby;882319]Hang in there sweetie! Give yourself some time. Everyone processes things differently and it may take until you hold him for things to ease up a bit. My DH says that his GD never changed how he felt about each of our boys, it was more the loss of the dream of having a DD. Know we are all here for you!

(((Huge Hugs)))

Thank you XX. This is exactly how I feel. I'm not sad about having another boy. I'm sad I'll never have a daughter. These boys are amazing...so active though I can't keep up. But knowing I will never have a daughter, even if she ended up the biggest tomboy, is the part I can't quite cope with yet. I've cried less today so I'm sure time will help.

MrsSparkles
January 21st, 2017, 02:15 AM
Babs, is this definitely your last baby ? Or might your partner be convinced to try again ?
GD is so difficult, so real and consuming,but just know that you are not alone.
You're amongst women that know how it feels, even the ladies on the thread who got their desired genders - they all know how devastated they would be if it had gone the other way.
You'll have lots of support on this forum xx

Dreamsister
January 21st, 2017, 03:49 AM
Mrs Sparkles, thanks for your concern. My cystitis/bladder infection is gone, thank God and I did not need antibiotics this time but washed it away my self with gallons of herb te, some homeopatic herb medicin, some cranberry, vit. c and vit. d, good sleep and relaxation. I think cranberry supps is safe during pregnancy if you don't overdo it. I bought it at the pharmacy and they did not warn me about it.

By the way, I gained 22 lbs already so I cannot fit my normal clothes at all. In my other 3 pregnancies I gained in total around 44 lbs, but this time it feels that I gain much faster, so I also have to watch what I am eating.

GirlieCat: Don't worry about that you have not gained weight yet. I know lots of women who did not gain more than 17 lbs during their hole pregnancies and they had healthy babies. Your baby will grow even when you don't.

All*blue*everything
January 21st, 2017, 03:53 AM
[QUOTE=XXforhubby;882319]Hang in there sweetie! Give yourself some time. Everyone processes things differently and it may take until you hold him for things to ease up a bit. My DH says that his GD never changed how he felt about each of our boys, it was more the loss of the dream of having a DD. Know we are all here for you!

(((Huge Hugs)))

Thank you XX. This is exactly how I feel. I'm not sad about having another boy. I'm sad I'll never have a daughter. These boys are amazing...so active though I can't keep up. But knowing I will never have a daughter, even if she ended up the biggest tomboy, is the part I can't quite cope with yet. I've cried less today so I'm sure time will help.
I feel the same love my boys to bits I believe in fate if im ment to have a girl then I will, im struggling more with my Sil having a daughter at the same time as me...

Sent from mTalk

Dreamsister
January 21st, 2017, 03:55 AM
Babs, I am so sorry you are having a rough time. It is normal. I have no advice other than time will heal and erverything will be allright. Maybe it also helps to write about it inhere and get some comfort and advice from other ladies. When I have a rough time I always remind myself that things could be worse (having cancer, losing a child, being a refugee and so on). I am thinking of you and sending you hugs. You will feel better soon.

BabsNMK
January 21st, 2017, 03:30 PM
I have found this to be very helpful just writing it all out so thank you. Between here and IG I've just found words that are so helpful. My husband is incredibly supportive and trying so hard to offer me comfort. My mother (who we live with) has also been great. It's just hard because they don't know exactly how I feel. Although honestly I'm sure there's a part of my husband that probably is mourning never having a daughter just not to the degree I am.

It's harder to talk to my friends. They are either people who are of the belief that any baby is a blessing (obviously it is) or they have Both genders. I'm the only one that was crazy enough to go for three and definitely the only person I know who had three boys. I know some with three girls but it a single person with three boys.

Rainbow16
January 22nd, 2017, 09:06 PM
Hi all,

Sorry I've been MIA.
Christmas and New Years has been hectic, kids went back to school today (secretly cheering for some quiet, they had been bickering on stop!)
It was my birthday on Christmas Day, my partners 30th birthday today then my eldest son turns 8 at the end of the month. Needless to say the bank is feeling it at this point haha!

Everything is going well with the pregnancy, I'm almost 17 weeks now and will have the big morphology/anatomy scan at 19 weeks. We will be finding out the gender then, I've not once felt this baby is a boy but the pregnancy has also been very different to my previous 3 babies.
We haven't told anyone about the pregnancy yet and I'm not really showing, at this stage I just look like I ate to much at Christmas �� I'm quite shocked because I thought I would show more being that it's my 4th baby.

I'm not feeling baby move much as yet either, I'm fairly certain I have a anterior placenta so that would explain the minimal movement.
I've had 2 antenatal appointments so far and have been given the green light to have a VBA2C ( vaginal birth after 2 csections).

I hope you are all doing very well, Babs I'm sorry to hear about your GD. I'll keep my finger crossed that the tech was wrong.
I sympathise with you as I already have mini panic attacks over the thought of being told boy and it hasn't even happened yet!

I feel disconnected from the baby, I'm struggling to bond and I'm unsure why. It concerns me but I'm not sure how to mention it to the midwives because I don't want to be judged.

Rainbow16
January 22nd, 2017, 09:07 PM
Ps, my due date is the 6th of July however baby will likely come in June :)

BabsNMK
January 23rd, 2017, 03:47 PM
Rainbow I think you have to bring it up. I suffered from depression with #1...before I ever had GD and it lasted my entire pregnancy. There are studies that show the effects of depression on the fetus and its not good. Not connecting with your baby is a huge sign. I'm actually feeling a big hit from the GD this time and have decided to call a counselor despite not wanting to spend the $$. It's more than just not bonding with baby, the chemical imbalance can really do a number on your unborn child. So don't feel like they will judge you. This is common and they will get you to whatever help you may need.

GirlieCat
January 23rd, 2017, 04:33 PM
Hi Rainbow, glad to hear from you. I don't feel a huge connection with baby either (and I told my doc) but unlike Babs is describing, it isn't because of depression or anything remotely related to that. I think for me the lack of connection is because I am so small and I just don't feel pregnant most days. I am a lot like you in that we haven't told people and my very small bump is super easy to hide so I just don't feel like anything is different. I seriously forget I am pregnant half the time.

I am about 2 weeks ahead of you so I have started to feel baby and that is slowly helping because I now have a reminder that she is in there. I think some of it comes down to personality too because I am not the type to get really excited about things and I am not very emotional. For me I need to see something and feel something to form a connection- I can't connect just on an idea or thought (and really that is all baby is until you can feel or see it). I think seeing her again on my next ultrasound is going to help and maybe as I start to feel her really kick instead of just the fluttery feelings that I feel now. It doesn't mean that I wouldn't be devastated if something happened to her, it just doesn't feel real yet so there is not much to connect with and I don't see anything wrong with that.

I hope that seeing your little one and finding out the gender will help for you too.

BabsNMK
January 23rd, 2017, 05:17 PM
Ahh that's a good point Girlie. If you just aren't feeling connected because you don't feel pregnant, then that's a totally different story. If you aren't feeling connected because emotionally there's something off, ask for help. You won't be judged.

Rainbow16
January 24th, 2017, 09:05 PM
I definitely don't feel depressed at all, I have suffered depression and anxiety in the past and have worked through that. I'm in a much better place then I have been in years! Thank you for your concern tho, it means a lot :)

Girlie, that's exactly how I feel!
It's not at all that I'm unhappy about the baby or that I wouldn't be devastated if something were to happen, it's more that there's no physiological connection. This pregnancy is so so different from my other 3 full term pregnancies. I felt them move early, I had morning sickness, I was showing by 12-14 weeks.
This time round I had slight nausea until 10 weeks, I have practically no bump I look no different and no one has noticed anything at the kids school etc, I haven't felt baby move etc. I just don't feel pregnant, like I know there is a baby there and I'm excited to expand our family.
I can't wait to start feeling those kicks, that's my absolute favourite part of pregnancy, I think the lack of movement from baby makes me forget he/she is there.

bre_cooper11
January 24th, 2017, 11:37 PM
Hey ladies,
First, congrats on your little girl Mummy!!!
I'm sorry I've been MIA too! It's been so crazy with everything going on - holidays, school, work... just crazy!
Anyways, I am about 19wks today, I think. We finally announced on Sunday, my oldest son's birthday! My son was so super excited and the pictures were super cute.

In pregnancy news, I had my Quad screen drawn a few weeks ago and received the call that it was positive for risk Trisomy 18. Baby is 1:49 risk ratio for Trisomy 18. I am being referred to Maternal Fetal Medicine. They're getting me in on Thursday for an US and if warranted an amniocentesis. I am hoping they entered my dates in wrong or something. Dh's older brother died when he was 6mons old from a heart defect and very well could have been a T18 baby.
I am trying not to worry, I am aware that the Quad screen results have many false positives. I just can't believe this. How wanted this little man is, how we finally have found peace with our family and how crushed my son will be {whole family of course}. I just am the 'what if' person and 'prepare for the worst'.
Thanks for reading ��

Burakoam
January 25th, 2017, 12:16 AM
oh my god bre no... this isn't even fair.. I hope that everything comes back
Normal for your baby boy and it was a false positive... big hugs and hoping for the best

Mummyof4boys
January 25th, 2017, 01:11 AM
Oh my goodness Bre so sorry to hear that news! There's still a chance though that he'll be perfectly fine, fingers crossed for you xx

GirlieCat
January 25th, 2017, 01:17 AM
So sorry Bre. That is such scary news and I hope the US or next tests show different results. Big hugs.

bre_cooper11
January 25th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Thank you for the kind words guys, it's greatly appreciated! We are praying everything works out and he will be fine. Just can't shake the feeling is something wrong. ... It's been amazing to finally have our little boy, a little brother for our son, and to feel complete... It's all I ever wanted and it can be ripped away. I am, of course, trying to stay positive.

XXforhubby
January 25th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Oh my Bre! Know I will be [emoji1317] for you and your little baby boy!

With my DS2, we opted to do the bloodwork with the quad screening too. It came back positive for Down syndrome and his NT scan had inconclusive nasal bone measurement. We were devastated. My OB reassured me it could be a false positive and ordered another US. Everything measured fine and didn't need an amniocentesis.

I'm hoping and [emoji1317]it is a false positive and your little man is perfectly healthy!

Dreamsister
January 25th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Bre. I am sending you strenght and warm thoughts. I will be praying for you that the test is a false positive and your boy is perfectly fine.

Mother to 3 boys ❤️ and pregnant with a baby girl due in June 2017 [emoji120]. DW (41) [emoji1326] DH (38) [emoji144]

BabsNMK
January 25th, 2017, 04:23 PM
Bee this is awful. I refuse to think it's negative until you see the results so I'll be thinking of you. Will the amnio give immediate results?

letibe77
January 25th, 2017, 04:54 PM
Hi girls!

I'm Due Buddy, too :)

After 4 cute little boys I'm now pregnant after HT / PGD with a GIRL!
Can't believe it but harmony test says it, too. :)

EDD July 19th, 2017

GirlieCat
January 25th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Welcome letibe- glad to have you join us. Congratulations on your daughter! What an exciting time for you.

Babs- any word on your blood test results. I know it should be soon and I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you as I am sure it has been a nervous wait. Big hugs.

BabsNMK
January 25th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Thanks Girlie for thinking of me :) No results yet. But I'm pretty sold on it being a boy. It has gotten easier in that I'm almost in denial being pregnant so I pretend I'm not, but then I started showing this week. So can't avoid it for much longer. I feel like such a terrible person for feeling this way.

Dreamsister
January 27th, 2017, 03:08 AM
Hello ladies. Can any of you answer on something that my mother asked me the other day about the theory of swaying? Does swaying in terms of diet and cardio affect the sperm or the egg just before conceiving or under? Does it make the male-swimmers less functional so the female swimmers catch the egg or does it affect the conceiving/implantation process, so a female embryo will have better chance of stick and survive? I tried to explain the swaying theory to my mother but found out I don't know much about it although I swayed myself. Maybe XX can answer. You always know much. Thanks in advance

Mother to 3 boys ❤️ and pregnant with a baby girl due in June 2017 [emoji120]. DW (41) [emoji1326] DH (38) [emoji144]

MrsSparkles
January 27th, 2017, 06:16 AM
Bre - I am so sorry you had that news, but as other ladies have said the tests are notoriously 'off'.
Hopefully the scan will show everything is a ok !

2ndtimemom
January 27th, 2017, 02:14 PM
Hii ladies.. today i was talking to my mom.she asked me if my tummy is cold or warm?. as my 4th month have just started i said its normal as always.was cold around navel... and she said its sure sign of girl.👩.i am hoping for boy but will be happy either way..😄😄. may i ask momies prego with boys.. are their tummy warm.? Its just stuck in my mind.... 🤔don't know baby's gender yet.. will know in march..and will update..😘😘

Dreamsister
January 27th, 2017, 05:35 PM
My tummy is cold. Cannot remember if it was warm with my 3 last pregnancies.

2ndtimemom
January 27th, 2017, 07:42 PM
Congratulations dreamsister.. if its true.. then thats sure sign of gender prediction..🙂

XXforhubby
January 27th, 2017, 07:52 PM
I'd love to get Burakoam's thoughts on the OWT, since she has all girls!

Is this true for you Burakoam?

Burakoam
January 27th, 2017, 08:39 PM
my belly is currently cold but I never heard that OWT before to know if it was cold or warm the other 3 times lol

XXforhubby
January 27th, 2017, 09:10 PM
So if your belly is cold, then your hands feel warm when you touch your belly? My hands feel warmer than my belly when I place them on my belly!

2ndtimemom
January 27th, 2017, 11:39 PM
Xxforhubby... do u know baby is boy or girl.?

2ndtimemom
January 27th, 2017, 11:42 PM
Burakaom i Have also read amt ingender.com most ladies were having hot body with boys but not all of them.. may be just an OWT....

XXforhubby
January 28th, 2017, 07:40 AM
Xxforhubby... do u know baby is boy or girl.?

DD [emoji133](17mos) , [emoji94]baby due in july 2017

No, not yet! Not until 16-20 weeks. Only 11-15 weeks to go, haha!

MrsSparkles
January 28th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Hii ladies.. today i was talking to my mom.she asked me if my tummy is cold or warm?. as my 4th month have just started i said its normal as always.was cold around navel... and she said its sure sign of girl.👩.i am hoping for boy but will be happy either way..😄😄. may i ask momies prego with boys.. are their tummy warm.? Its just stuck in my mind.... 🤔don't know baby's gender yet.. will know in march..and will update..😘😘

I'm having a boy and my tummy is cold around the navel

2ndtimemom
January 28th, 2017, 07:57 PM
I'm having a boy and my tummy is cold around the navel
Thanks for reply... MrsSparkles..😊

GirlieCat
January 30th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Had such a great experience today. I had my anatomy scan last week and was very disappointed in the quality and the tech so I made some calls and found an ultrasound college program that took volunteers from the public for students to train. It was awesome!!
Got a 1hr 20 min ultrasound. First the instructor did the scan and showed the students. She went item by item telling them what was what...baby part by part...things in brain, chambers of heart, each bone they could see, stomach, baby bladder, umbilical cord, aorta, plus arms, legs, fingers, toes- literally everything. My other ultrasounds at doc, the tech was practically silent and didn't point out anything cool.
Then after the instructor showed them, 8 different students took turns scanning me and looking for different things on baby. It was so awesome and I learned a lot. I love medical stuff so it would have been cool to see even if it wasn't my body and baby but of course so awesome that it was my baby.
They were so happy I came in because I am almost 20 weeks and it was perfect timing for the students to practice things they need to do on an anatomy scan. They invited me back at 30 weeks for a 3D scan too...and it was all free. So thankful I found this.

Kelbear
January 30th, 2017, 09:44 PM
That is fantastic that you got to experience that girliecat and great that you get a free 3d scan at 30 weeks. So glad you had a better experience after being disappointed with your original anatomy scan.

GirlieCat
January 31st, 2017, 03:58 PM
Hey ladies,
I'm sorry I've been MIA too! It's been so crazy with everything going on - holidays, school, work... just crazy!
Anyways, I am about 19wks today, I think. We finally announced on Sunday, my oldest son's birthday! My son was so super excited and the pictures were super cute.

In pregnancy news, I had my Quad screen drawn a few weeks ago and received the call that it was positive for risk Trisomy 18. Baby is 1:49 risk ratio for Trisomy 18. I am being referred to Maternal Fetal Medicine. They're getting me in on Thursday for an US and if warranted an amniocentesis. I am hoping they entered my dates in wrong or something. Dh's older brother died when he was 6mons old from a heart defect and very well could have been a T18 baby.
I am trying not to worry, I am aware that the Quad screen results have many false positives. I just can't believe this. How wanted this little man is, how we finally have found peace with our family and how crushed my son will be {whole family of course}. I just am the 'what if' person and 'prepare for the worst'.
Thanks for reading ��

Hi Bre- just letting you know that I am thinking about you. Hope things went well on Thursday at your scan. We are all here for either way. Big hugs!

MrsSparkles
February 1st, 2017, 04:12 AM
GirlieCat : That's such a great programme !
Glad everything is normal and baby is healthy
It's the most amazing thing seeing them now isn't it, so much clearer.
Was she doing lots of cute stuff?

We had ours on Monday, and it showed that babies head is normal sized, but his tummy is over the top percentile.
He is 20 weeks, but measured 20 weeks + 5.Yikes, big baby !
I got weighed and was so happy to find that I'm only up by 8lbs, so I have lost some as I put on 11lbs in the first tri alone.

GirlieCat
February 2nd, 2017, 10:02 AM
Hey ladies,

Thanks for reading í*½í²™

Hi Bre, just thinking about you and hoping your scan last week showed positive results. Big hugs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mamabear
February 2nd, 2017, 10:02 AM
Bowing out sorry ladies, no heartbeat at our 15 week appointment. Absolutely devastated.

GirlieCat
February 2nd, 2017, 10:06 AM
Oh mama bear, I am so sorry, that is heartbreaking. Wishing you peace and healing in this difficult time.

BabsNMK
February 2nd, 2017, 10:46 AM
Mama I'm so sorry. I cannot imagine the pain you must be feeling.

XXforhubby
February 2nd, 2017, 11:56 AM
Mamabear- my heart just breaks for you and your family [emoji20]. I'm sending lots of prayers your way

Kelbear
February 2nd, 2017, 09:59 PM
Mamabear that is devastating, hoping you can find strength to get through this. Sending big hugs.

Dreamsister
February 3rd, 2017, 01:36 AM
Mamabear. So so sorry to hear this. What a nightmare. Do you wait for a natural MC or will you do it medicated? I am sending lots of thoughts and strenght your way.

MrsSparkles
February 3rd, 2017, 05:38 AM
Mamabear - So sorry :( This feels so unfair

jeanT
February 4th, 2017, 11:48 AM
Hi ladies - just found this and hoping I can join in. I'm 11 weeks today and I'm due August 26th.
I'm very sorry Mamabear... :sad:

2ndtimemom
February 6th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Anyone going through mood swings..? I am literally crying for no reason....

MrsSparkles
February 6th, 2017, 03:52 PM

DD ��(17mos) , ��baby due in july 2017

Not for no reason, but if there's a really heartwarming story, or a friend says something super nice I tend to well up.
I wasn't like this before pregnancy hahahha.
Sweet things are giving me the feels for sure

Mummyof4boys
February 6th, 2017, 08:05 PM

I get teary just watching tv commercials and kids cartoons lol and also get cranky easily :/ love those hormones haha

GirlieCat
February 6th, 2017, 09:45 PM
Hi ladies - just found this and hoping I can join in. I'm 11 weeks today and I'm due August 26th.
I'm very sorry Mamabear... :sad:

Welcome JeanT! Happy to have you join us. Did you sway? What gender are you hoping for? Will you be doing early testing, waiting till ultrasound or waiting to be surprised?

GirlieCat
February 6th, 2017, 09:49 PM
2ndtime I have had only a handful of times where I think I reacted different but those times have surprised me.

Latoyah28
February 6th, 2017, 10:20 PM
What is swaying

Latoyah28
February 6th, 2017, 10:33 PM
HI what is swaying

2ndtimemom
February 7th, 2017, 12:37 AM
HI what is swaying
Swaying is usually trying for particular gender.. the diet and vitamins you take to make ur body more alkaline(boy)or acidic(girl)......so far my knowledge.

2ndtimemom
February 7th, 2017, 12:42 AM
Thankyou ladies..happy to share my feelings without the fear of being judged..🙂☺ because everyone here is either going through or at least understand what you are going through just like my loving hubby...he understands me so well 2nd time around..during first pregnancy we had arguments.. but now we are more mature i think.. things seems happy so far...

norskie2005
February 7th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Bowing out sorry ladies, no heartbeat at our 15 week appointment. Absolutely devastated.

Oh mama I am so so sorry. So much love to you <3

GirlieCat
February 7th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Swaying is usually trying for particular gender.. the diet and vitamins you take to make ur body more alkaline(boy)or acidic(girl)......so far my knowledge.

DD [emoji133](17mos) , [emoji94]baby due in july 2017

Actually, this particular site doesn't use ph in their sways (alkaline/acidic- unlike a lot of other sites). The principals of this site are diet and lifestyle things that change maternal conditions but not for ph reasons. Also number of attempts, but not actual timing...and oh so much more.

jeanT
February 7th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Welcome JeanT! Happy to have you join us. Did you sway? What gender are you hoping for? Will you be doing early testing, waiting till ultrasound or waiting to be surprised?

Hi GirlieCat - Thanks! I did HT/NGS for a girl (So hopefully no surprises..) - I am nervously awaiting my 12 week scan on Friday.

@2ndtimemum - I cried on sunday watching an animated kids movie with my four year old!

Tynille
February 7th, 2017, 09:06 PM
Hi ladies, due June 30th with my 4th baby :) didn't sway this time but would love a little girl. Nervous as anything awaiting my 2nd scan on Friday. (1st 20 week scan was a fail)

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Kelbear
February 7th, 2017, 10:53 PM
Had our 12 week scan yesterday, relieved to see baby is growing well, he or she would not stay still. No just an anxious 2 week wait for the nuchal test results. Still don't think I will find out gender. Had a look at a few of the scan pics and one looks boyish and another looks more girl so I will just be happy to wait.
Hoping my all day sickness improves soon as has been so much worse this pregnancy.

Mummyof4boys
February 7th, 2017, 11:49 PM
22 weeks now! Had midwife appt today, all is well with Bub. Still feeling a bit nauseous in the mornings but at least I'm able to eat most things now the food aversions have subsided. Getting hip and back pain now if I'm a bit too overzealous with the housework lol. I had forgotten how damn painful it is!! Booked in for glucose test in a months time..yay lol.

Rainbow16
February 8th, 2017, 12:44 AM
Have the anatomy scan on Monday! Will be 19 weeks 4 days, fingers crossed baby co-operates and all is well with the scan! I'm super excited to find out but nervous at the same time. I'm worried I may show some disappointment if they say boy.

GirlieCat
February 8th, 2017, 01:13 AM
Welcome Tynille- hoping your next scan goes well and all good news.

Kelbear- so happy baby is doing good. Sorry you are feeling bad, hopefully it stops within the coming weeks.

Mummy- glad baby is doing well!

Rainbow- so excited you will be finding out soon. Sending you lots of pink dust.

Cnburke
February 8th, 2017, 03:46 AM
Hi ladies - I was in the old thread and just wanted to say that I swayed boy . We did the sneak peek blood test and it came back girl . :( but if it's right I've come to terms with it . I thought my sway was great but I guess I'm the 1 out of 4 that may have had a failed sway . But I've heard bad things about the test I took so please don't mark me as girl just yet . I'm going to wait a few more weeks until my scan to confirm :) I will have nt scan next week and will post nub pics :)
Has anyone here taken the sneak peek test before ?

GirlieCat
February 8th, 2017, 10:35 AM
Hi Cnburke- I have never heard of sneak peek before so I just read up on it. It is interesting they can do the test with such little blood. They took two vials of blood for my gender test. But the company does give a refund if their test gives the wrong gender so that sounds like they are pretty confident that it works. How far along were you when you did it?

Cnburke
February 8th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Hi Cnburke- I have never heard of sneak peek before so I just read up on it. It is interesting they can do the test with such little blood. They took two vials of blood for my gender test. But the company does give a refund if their test gives the wrong gender so that sounds like they are pretty confident that it works. How far along were you when you did it?

I was 10w1d I believe . The test requires you to be 9 weeks .
However , I read on another forum (BabyCenter) that they had more like a 50/50 result rate and they were a pain in the butt to get a refund from :/ so idk . The thread was over 600 pages and was actually brought up in a lawsuit against the company . Then you have companies like Amazon that sell it that have nothing but positive reviews and it makes me wonder if they are fake reviews . I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks! Lol

Shannshaff
February 8th, 2017, 12:22 PM
I am crashing this thread to tell Cnburke that there are many reports on other sites likewhat to expect and baby center that this test was wrong for them. So you never know until your scan. FX for you!

Cnburke
February 8th, 2017, 10:53 PM
I am crashing this thread to tell Cnburke that there are many reports on other sites likewhat to expect and baby center that this test was wrong for them. So you never know until your scan. FX for you!

Thank you ! I'm hoping it was wrong but I guess time will tell in just a few short weeks ! If not looks like we have baby girl #3 on the way and strangely I have gotten used to the idea of it a lot easier than I did with my second lol .

Rainbow16
February 10th, 2017, 03:48 AM
It's very quiet in here lately, how is every one doing?
How far along are we all now and who's left to find out gender if you're not keeping it a surprise?

Kelbear
February 10th, 2017, 05:43 AM
It's very quiet in here lately, how is every one doing?
How far along are we all now and who's left to find out gender if you're not keeping it a surprise?

Hope you are doing well Rainbow. I had my 12 week scan this week, relieved to see bub is growing well. Not going to find out gender but did take a glimpse at scan results - one pic looks slightly boy the other slightly girl so I will take that as a sign just to wait til the birth to find out. Really struggling with terrible all day sickness this pregnancy, hoping it improves in the next few weeks.
Hoping everyone else doing well and enjoying their pregnancies.

GirlieCat
February 10th, 2017, 10:44 AM
We are a pretty quiet group compared to the other DD threads. My pregnancy is going good. Second trimester is kinda boring, but a nice break after all the sickness in first trimester. No major symptoms except a little bit of heartburn starting and skin break outs continue.

I am struggling with one thing- telling others. I am 21w2d and still haven't announced our pregnancy. Haven't told parents, most family or even work. I am still small so I don't think my bump is that obvious, but definitely getting bigger so I know I need to tell soon. I just don't want to.

I have zero excitement about telling which makes me feel bad. Now I am just going to tell out of obligation or necessity and not desire. We might tell my mom this weekend and I am dreading it. I am also struggling with the order in which certain people get told. My mom will not tell others if I tell her not to, but DH mom can't keep anything to herself so we can't tell her till right before we tell social media and the bulk of his side of family, which also means I have to tell my boss before MIL since I have work friends on FB. I am making it complicated but probably because I just don't want to tell.

I also have a fear that once I tell, something will go wrong and we will lose baby.

I am sure I will feel relieved once it is done but I know then the annoying comments will start to bug me. I just don't want to be treated different or have everything revolve around pregnancy or baby. If I am tired, hungry, want a certain food, say something smells funny or am grumpy- doesn't have to be because I am pregnant...I got tired, hungry, liked certain foods, had sensitive smell and grumpy days when I wasn't pregnant too...bugs me when people make everything about pregnancy. Or the dreaded..."just wait..." comments about how they think life will be once I have a baby.

We will see if I chicken out or actual tell my mom this weekend and then my boss next week.

joanne3146
February 10th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Sorry you feel this way :( I know the feeling tbh..

You can tell your boss in confidence they can't tell people if you ask them not to but depending on your line of work they really do need to know for health and safety reasons..

Just make it clear that you're aware it's not an illness or a 'condition' and that you want to be treated as normal.. because unless there are complications there's no need to treat you any different really! I've never 'craved' anything just more of a fancy which I get when I'm not pregnant anyway and tbh everyone fancies certain foods don't they!

Do you think they won't be happy for you? My family haven't been happy about any of my pregnancies apart from this one, so I've never enjoyed telling them. I'm on number 5 and I get 'no more after this one surely?' Or 'gonna regret this' etc which is horrible but you just have to develop a thick skin and ignore all the negativity! You're past half way, you'll miss being pregnant when baby is here so just try and enjoy it for yourself and no one else!
They may feel upset you've not told them for so long and your gestation is gonna be a shock for them! But that's your opportunity to be honest and explain why you didn't want to tell them. Maybe they'll rethink any comments they've got lined up!? If not then simply.. fuck them.. it's nothing to do with anyone else and they should be supportive no matter what.

The longer you leave it the harder it is I know that feeling! Just rip the plaster off and get it over with and you can start to relax and enjoy your pregnancy :)

We are happy to give you reveal ideas if you want to make it special? I wanted to tell our family together as we had the issue of who knew first etc so we got everyone together for our daughters 2nd birthday and she wore a 'keep calm I'm going to be a big sister' top and I wore a 'keep calm dunn in the oven' (dunn is our last name) top.. it was lovely and I didn't actually have to say the words 'I'm pregnant' which is what I always struggle with due to the responses I've had in the past! My mum even offered me money to get rid of my first child when I told her :(

jeanT
February 10th, 2017, 03:57 PM
ok I had my scan and all looks good - was a huge relief and lovely to see bubs... can't believe in 6 months I'll be :3kids:

@Girlie cat - there is no right or wrong way to feel about pregnancy - people embrace it in different ways and you should roll with it and do it your way! I'm on my third pregnancy and if it helps I don't feel like I was treated that different... I think it depends how you act...people will react to that. Good luck telling your Mom if you go ahead with it! xxx

MrsSparkles
February 11th, 2017, 07:19 AM
Hi Girlie

Completely with you.

I'm 22 weeks tomorrow, and still have not told anyone else.
Hubbie had to tell his work, because he's having to take so many days off with various appointments and baby related groups.
My Mum & sister know (and are being really mean about it all, my Mum keeps pushing me to announce it.), and I have a friend who knows.
Tbh, I told my friend because she has a 1 year old, and I wanted to be able to turn to her for support as she only lives half an hour away.
It hasn't quite worked out that way, all I am hearing is "Homebirth ? My baby had her cord wrapped around her neck....you need all the drugs....just wait!".
I was there all the way through her pregnancy, arranged hospital tours, baby showers, and supported whatever decisions she wanted.
Thought perhaps it would be reciprocated - So I misjudged that one!
Then again people act and behave, based on their own experiences.

I can completely understand the fear factor of thinking something bad will happen - but honestly at this stage I would say it's not that likely.

Don't fret though, I think most people do tell at 12 weeks or before, but that doesn't mean wanting to keep the pregnancy a precious secret to yourself is bad.
Especially if you have no real bump yet :) Who's to know ;)

purple
February 11th, 2017, 06:52 PM
Girliecat, your MIL may surprise you and be able to keep it a secret. Mine isn't so good with secrets at times but she was able to keep ours to herself for a few weeks and also my BIL and SILs pregnancy too.

I know what you mean about annoying comments once you are pregnant. Like at work I had a frozen coke so it is assumed I'm craving them of course! You have to just learn to deal with dumb comments too... I have heard so many. Also everyone suddenly is asking you how you are feeling all the time, even people who hardly spoke to you before. Oh and then there are all the comments on how the bump is progressing! I'm probably not helping make you want to tell anyone but there are good bits because it is nice having other people get excited for you when sometimes you aren't feeling that excited about it as you are dealing with all the crappy parts of pregnancy.

I'm sure it will all go well when you tell people :)

purple
February 11th, 2017, 06:55 PM
MrsSparkles, are you considering a homebirth? My 2nd was born at home with the cord around his neck too. It was no big deal, the midwife just unwrapped him and placed him in my arms.
Looking forward to birthing at home again in a few weeks!!

Mummyof4boys
February 11th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Sorry your friends and family aren't giving you the support you deserve, Mrs Sparkles :( You're so lucky you can get away with not telling people at 22 weeks..I'm nearly 23 weeks and look like a whale haha! And my mum keeps reminding me of it too :mad: A friend of ours who likes to think of herself as my mum (even trying to get my kids to call her Nanna which pisses us off!) is getting really pushy and intrusive. Even insisting that she needs to be there as soon as baby is born...umm no!! This is a special bonding time for me, hubby and baby. I don't want visitors immediately after delivery when I'll be suffering nasty afterpains and most likely heavy bleeding and trying to establish breastfeeding. I know I'm going to end up fighting with her coz she won't like being told no...

PrayingForPrincess
February 12th, 2017, 03:42 AM
Hey everyone! I haven't been so active on the site in a while so thought I would update that we won't be finding out the gender of our baby. I did a post about the nub on my scan but it's a tricky one although I have had all pink leans (keeping my fingers crossed)! I hope everyones pregnancies are going well! I had some bleeding at 9 weeks so im eargerly awaiting my 20 week scan so I can finally relax. Saw baby at 12+5 but I have zero symptoms so my anxiety is sky high!

MrsSparkles
February 12th, 2017, 05:36 AM
Purple - I'm sorry people are giving you the annoying comments, but glad to see you are handling it so gracefully
Fab about your home birth, and yes I am hoping to have one :)

Mummyof4boys - That lady sounds like a nightmare, can see why you're angry.
We had some friends who had their first baby, they put out a post on Facebook saying "Don't call us we'll call you" or words to those effects.
Their plan was no visitors in the first few weeks, but actually they ended up inviting us all early.
The new Mama felt so good, and couldn't wait to show off her little boy.

We don't plan on having any visitors, but that's because we have a big family wedding 10 days after my due date....hopefully baby will be here by then !
I don't fancy a 6 hour car drive with a massive bump, and I want to show him off at the wedding ;)

GirlieCat
February 12th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Thank you ladies for the replies to my post. The support I get here is so amazing, probably why I don't need to tell people, I have all you to share my pregnancy with. [emoji2]

Joanne- it is not that my family won't be happy or supportive- actually the opposite. I think they will be too happy. I am almost 36 and DH 38, been married nearly 10 years so we have been getting pressure for years and years. I am sure we will get the comment "it's about time" or "finally" a lot. My heart broke when you said your mom has never been happy for you and even wanted you to get rid of baby #1. I am so sorry.

Sparkles- I have only told 1 friend too because she struggled with infertility so I confided in her when we were TTC and needed meds. She has tried to seem supported but has said some very hurtful things- like basically telling me I am a bad mom because I want a very short maternity leave from work.

Purple- thank you your comments. MIL definitely can't be trusted or at least I can't take the risk. This is granddaughter #1 for her after 7 grandsons so I am sure she will want to tell, which is fine, I just need to tell her when we are ready for anyone else to know.

Thanks!!

MrsSparkles
February 12th, 2017, 12:11 PM
GirlieCat - So sorry that your friend has said hurtful things.
It's hard to put yourself in someone else's shoes, but sometimes people say things, because of their own experiences or even preconceived ideas.
Hopefully she'll start being a bit more supportive and get over herself.
There are plenty of Mums that are back to work quickly, it's 2017 !!!!

GirlieCat
February 12th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Thanks Sparkles. Sorry your friend is saying similar things. I will say, it is a great learning process so that hopefully I can be more aware of my words to others in the future. I am sure we are all guilty of saying things that might upset someone else without realizing what we are doing. Or maybe they do realize and are intentionally trying to hurt you...humm (my oldest sister is the queen of pretending not to be mean when really she is doing it on purpose).

Kelbear
February 13th, 2017, 01:51 AM
Feeling bit down today. Had another look at 12 week scan, nearly 100% sure it's a boy. Won't find out for sure but feeling so disappointed that I don't think I will ever get my little girl. Can 100% see stacking and beginning of boy bits. As we are only having two children just feel so sad. Wished I hadn't looked now. Tried so hard with my sway for 6 months, feel like a failure. Both my parents and MIL want a girl and think it is a girl as my morning sickness is worse. They are just going to make the disappointment even harder. I am grateful if we have a healthy baby and I know my DS will love having a brother but a piece of me feels like it will always be missing now.

MrsSparkles
February 13th, 2017, 03:24 AM
Kelbear.
I'm so sorry you're feeling down.
I would say that '12week scans aren't accurate' , but I do think sometimes we just know.
It won't mean much to you right now, but my gender disappointed was awful.
Now I couldn't be happier I'm having a boy, we have the most wonderful opportunity to gift the world with good men (lord knows there's a shortage at the moment).
Get the gender confirmed, and if it is a boy then start the healing process. We will all be here for you.
There's a wonderfully supportive group of ladies in the Gender Dissapointment section.
Lots of ladies who are going, or have gone through the same as you

MrsSparkles
February 13th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Thanks Sparkles. Sorry your friend is saying similar things. I will say, it is a great learning process so that hopefully I can be more aware of my words to others in the future. I am sure we are all guilty of saying things that might upset someone else without realizing what we are doing. Or maybe they do realize and are intentionally trying to hurt you...humm (my oldest sister is the queen of pretending not to be mean when really she is doing it on purpose).

You know you're so right.
I said something bad to another pregnant Mama...I remarked on how big her beautiful bump was getting.
Afterwards I realised that just because I am desperate for a bump, it doesn't mean she feels the same.

It is all a learning process.

Can't agree with people like your sister who do it on purpose, especially when they style it out like "I didn't mean anything by it" grrrrrrr
Again, it's a lesson in patience and tolerance...which I have a feeling we will need a lot of in the next few years #ToddlerTantrums lol

BabsNMK
February 13th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Kelbear I'm in the same boat as you. I wrote a huge post in the Gender Dissapoibtment forum and it temporarily lifted my spirits to hear feedback. I had a feeling at 10 weeks it was not #3 and then at the 12 week scan it was obvious. They often mistake girls that turn out to be boys but rarely the other way. It's been a month since the scan and I cry most days. I have no doubt I'll love him when he's here, but I'm extremely depressed which is ridiculous since I have by all appearances a healthy baby. No matter what people say (and yes my two boys love playing with and just generally love each other. It's awesome and the coolest thing to each), it doesn't help the pain of knowing you'll never have a daughter. I wish I could tell you something that will lift your spirits but I've found nothing so far despite how well meaning people are. Hang in there and if necessary vent to me. I feel very isolated and alone with these feelings.

XXforhubby
February 13th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Hang in there Babs and Kelbear. Know you can always share your thoughts here with us, free of judgement. Don't bottle in your feelings and know you are not alone. While you know you will love the baby you are carrying and will bond with him once he's here, it's the death of a dream that takes time to deal with. My heart goes out to you both. You will find your way in time. I'm not sure that it's something you ever get over- it's something you just learn to accept with time. My grandma (Dads mom) wanted a girl badly and had 3 sons. To this day she says she wishes she could have tried one more time. My grandma (mom's mom) always wanted a boy but had 3 girls. She had the biggest GD with her second daughter. She said that she simply couldn't handle having 4 children and spoiled her nephews instead.

(((Huge hugs)))

https://lmtm.lilypie.com/Tub9m6.png (https://lilypie.com)

GirlieCat
February 13th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Thanks for reading í*½í²™

Hi Bre- been a while since we heard from you. Any update on the test results? Hope all is well.

Kelbear
February 13th, 2017, 06:03 PM
I just wish I hadn't looked at the 12 week scans. I didn't think I would be able to see anything clearly so just looked out of curiosity as we were not going to get gender confirmed as I was worried I would feel like this. I didn't realise it would be so clear on the scan at 12 weeks 3 days. Cried on and off yesterday arvo and again today and barely slept last night. Just so crushed that my dream of a daughter will never come true and disappointed for my hubby as he dearly wants a girl this time. We won't have another baby after this so just seems so final. I don't know if I would have felt this bad if I hadn't swayed, just really thought I had a good chance at getting my DD this time. I know brothers are great and I am sure they will be best mates but I can't shake this sadness. I am so thankful that the baby looks to be healthy so far and I also feel guilty because I am so disappointed when I should be grateful.
Thank you all so much for your support

BabsNMK
February 13th, 2017, 10:00 PM
Kelbear obviously I can relate. I didn't sleep the first two nights. Over the past month it has gotten better but the pain is still with me daily. I'm sure by the time he's here I'll be somewhat normal. I personally feel that swaying got my hopes up. It made me feel like I had control over what is essentially an uncontrollable situation. So many people have success or it seems that way because you hone in on that, but the reality is swaying is only lightly tipping the odds. And really especially in the stats folder, I'm sure a lot of people that swayed don't even end up relaying their results if it's not what they swayed for. So it makes it all look more successful than it may be. I believe the science behind swaying but unfortunately I don't know that it makes that "much" of a difference. Mentally I didn't even think about that. So the disappointment is so much greater because I thought of course if I swayed hard enough it would work. And that's false. And the finality is the worst part. I battle daily with if I could manage to do one more and keep thinking maybe. But reality is not likely. I don't know where we'd find the space or the money. So then I get upset all over again. And unless you've experienced this feeling, you can't possibly say you understand or can relate...because it's a very unique feeling. My friends with Pigeon pairs or even just girls tell me they can relate. But they truly can't.

Kelbear
February 14th, 2017, 08:43 AM
Thank you babs, you have described exactly how I feel. I think my expectations were falsely high due to my sway and I had such high hopes for a girl. It just seems so final for me too as we are definitely not having any more children after this Bub and I just need to grieve a little. I already love this Bub very much and I know I will love him so much when I finally get to hold him. I am not sad I am having another boy, but instead sad that I will never have my little girl.

MrsSparkles
February 14th, 2017, 08:50 AM
Thank you babs, you have described exactly how I feel. I think my expectations were falsely high due to my sway and I had such high hopes for a girl. It just seems so final for me too as we are definitely not having any more children after this Bub and I just need to grieve a little. I already love this Bub very much and I know I will love him so much when I finally get to hold him. I am not sad I am having another boy, but instead sad that I will never have my little girl.

I know its so difficult to do, but can you think of it in terms of positive that you did sway so hard ?
What I mean is, if you hadn't and had gotten pregnant you might always wonder "What if I had swayed".
Many will disagree with me, but I honestly do think some of us can do all the swaying in the world and still have opposites.

It is a grieving process for sure, and we will all be here to support you without judgement.

XXforhubby
February 14th, 2017, 02:24 PM
Many will disagree with me, but I honestly do think some of us can do all the swaying in the world and still have opposites.

I couldn't agree with you more on this! I have been on here for a few years now, and I've seen people have FANTASTIC sways with not being control freakish have opposites, while others basically do only like 2-3 things (not really swaying at all) get their desired gender. Swaying can give you a false sense of hope- that's how I felt when I heard boy the last time I swayed. I didn't have any gender preference, but when I heard boy from my MaterniT21 results I felt the wind taken out of me. I felt like I lost something.

Now, my second sway, I'm totally preparing for our fourth boy! While I feel like I had a much better sway and had a chance to do things differently, I know realistically we may be "set" for boys.

(((Huge Hugs)))

MrsSparkles
February 15th, 2017, 07:04 AM
Now, my second sway, I'm totally preparing for our fourth boy! While I feel like I had a much better sway and had a chance to do things differently, I know realistically we may be "set" for boys.

(((Huge Hugs)))

Perhaps that is the charm ?
Letting go of the expectation of a girl ?

Who knows!
It's such a complex thing, and is being studied more and more.
I read this study about men with more brothers having boys, and that plays right in our family...husband is from all brothers, bro in law has all brother...who in turn have all sons.
The study is here (http://www.science20.com/news_releases/chromosomes_are_so_20th_century_male_genes_really_ determine_baby_gender_says_study)
But then there are people on these boards for whom that doesn't hold true at all !

BabsNMK
February 15th, 2017, 08:58 AM
That's a really fascinating study. My husband is an only child so hard for me to look into his family tree (he doesn't even know his father). However his father was one of two boys so maybe it holds true.

Letting go of the expectation of a girl though...easier said than done. It's been 4 years since my oldest son was born and the entire time I've still believed I would at one point have a daughter. And each time I was told I would not, it has crushed me. I wish I was being overdramatic but literally it has felt like that.

Mummyof4boys
February 15th, 2017, 08:39 PM
A lovely mum at our school who has 4 girls, 3 of which are in their 20s now, told me the other day that her eldest daughter, is expecting a baby boy! This will be the first boy born into the family for several generations, as she had all sisters herself, had all granddaughters, and all nieces! She's ecstatic about finally having a grandson, as she longed so much for a little boy of her own. So very excited for her!!

MrsSparkles
February 16th, 2017, 04:23 AM
A lovely mum at our school who has 4 girls, 3 of which are in their 20s now, told me the other day that her eldest daughter, is expecting a baby boy! This will be the first boy born into the family for several generations, as she had all sisters herself, had all granddaughters, and all nieces! She's ecstatic about finally having a grandson, as she longed so much for a little boy of her own. So very excited for her!!

That's fanatstic !
Wonder if the baby daddy has lots of brothers or sister, would be interesting to see if the Newcastle study holds any water with them.

GirlieCat
February 16th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Mummy- that is a great story. How exciting for their family.

Well I did it, 22 weeks now and I finally told my mom on Sunday and my boss yesterday. My mom's birthday was this weekend so we bought her a cake, I put candles on, lite them and as we started to sing to her then I actually brought the cake and put it in front of her and it said "Happy Birthday It's a GIRL June 2017" She immediately saw the it's a girl part and freaked out. We didn't get to finish signing because she jumped out of her chair and hugged me and freaked out. Then she started to cry. I think she had all but given up that I would ever have kids since I am 35 and have been married for 10 years and there was a time when we said we might not have kids. I never once told her or any family that we for sure wanted kids someday. Needless to say, she is very very excited.

Talk with my boss went well too but got me pretty stressed out about maternity leave and being away from work. I know I will get judged for this so I don't want to go into too much detail, but I have no intentions of being away from work long or even at all (work from home) but I still have to figure out the details.

Now we have to tell the in laws before we can announce to the rest of the family and friends. I don't want to, but I have to because the bump won't hide much longer. I am actually sad that I even had to tell boss and mom. It was fun having a secret.

MrsSparkles
February 17th, 2017, 04:37 AM
What a super special way to tell your Mum !
Congratulations :)

Don't worry about getting judged about the maternity leave !
"Those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter!" -one of my fave quotes when people are being douchey ;)

Dreamsister
February 17th, 2017, 04:51 PM
GirlieCat. Must be so nice to get the news out. What a nice way you told your mother. I think it is impressing how long to manage to keep it a secret. How are you going to tell your in laws?

Mummyof4boys
February 20th, 2017, 10:00 PM
24 weeks today! Feels like the pregnancy is finally starting to speed up lol. Bring on June :D Currently experiencing baby hiccups...never gets old haha.

How is everyone else going?

GirlieCat
February 20th, 2017, 10:28 PM
I need everyone's help...I am having severe cramping/sharp pain in lower right hand abdomen (and lower right back). It has been almost non stop for 7 hours...no relief at all. Hard to walk, breath and talk. If I still had one, I would say it is similar to appendix pain, but I had mine out 16 years ago. I will call doc in the morning if it still persists but wanted to see if anyone else knows what it might be? Thanks.

Shannshaff
February 20th, 2017, 10:38 PM
Crashing for Girlie - it could be a Kidney Stone. Very common in pregnancy. I was told to get flank pain (as you are describing) checked out right away if I ever got it. I get kidney stones with all my pregnancies and no other time. If it gets worse, head to the ER.

Kelbear
February 21st, 2017, 01:12 AM
I am not sure what I could be, however kidney stones could be a possible cause as shannshaff said. I would go to ER and get it checked out just for your own peace of mind if it does stop soon. Hoping you feel better soon and the cramping stops.

Mummyof4boys
February 21st, 2017, 02:04 AM
Go to Emergency! Better to be safe than sorry ! Xx

MrsSparkles
February 21st, 2017, 02:38 AM
How are you girlie ????

I'm sorry I don't have any idea what it could be, but the kidney stones sounds really plausible.

Please update us as soon as you can, sending you lots of love

Dreamsister
February 21st, 2017, 05:12 AM
Oh no Girlie. I hope your pain goes away soon. I have no idea what it can be. Seek doctor so you can get peace in mind.

Dreamsister
February 21st, 2017, 05:16 AM
24 weeks today! Feels like the pregnancy is finally starting to speed up lol. Bring on June :D Currently experiencing baby hiccups...never gets old haha.

How is everyone else going?

23 weeks today. Feeling weel but think times goes slow. Feel baby kicking everyday now. This is a really nice feeling. I developed a bad habit with eating cakes everyday. I am so hungry and my cravings after pastry, cake and chocolate sets in after lunch. I try to control myself but some days I just have to give in.

BabsNMK
February 21st, 2017, 10:59 PM
Girlie thinking of you. Hope everything is ok.

MrsSparkles
February 22nd, 2017, 02:48 PM
Keep checking to see update on you GirlieCat.
Hoping you and baby are ok xx

jeanT
February 22nd, 2017, 04:05 PM
hope everything is ok GirlieCat x

XXforhubby
February 22nd, 2017, 04:09 PM
I sure hope and pray all is well with you and your sweet baby. I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way [emoji1317]!

Dreamsister
February 23rd, 2017, 12:22 AM
Thinking of you GirlieC. Please update us that you are ok.

2ndtimemom
February 23rd, 2017, 12:41 AM
Girlie hope u get well soon...💐💐

Kelbear
February 23rd, 2017, 06:03 AM
Hope you are ok girliecat, thinking of you and hope to hear soon that you and bub are doing ok

GirlieCat
February 24th, 2017, 01:02 AM
Thank you all for the well wishes. Baby appears fine. Heart beat is normal. Pain was/is most likely kidney infection, but doc said he can't totally rule out possibility of a kidney stone too. Constant sharp pain is gone, just occasional cramp here and there now. Wait and see then go back in a few days. Drinking lots of water.

Kelbear
February 24th, 2017, 04:29 AM
Thank you all for the well wishes. Baby appears fine. Heart beat is normal. Pain was/is most likely kidney infection, but doc said he can't totally rule out possibility of a kidney stone too. Constant sharp pain is gone, just occasional cramp here and there now. Wait and see then go back in a few days. Drinking lots of water.

So glad to hear you and bub are ok. Hopefully the cramps disappear completely for you.

Dreamsister
February 24th, 2017, 05:40 AM
Thank God GirlieC that baby is weel and you are getting better.

XXforhubby
February 24th, 2017, 07:27 AM
I'm so glad that you and baby are ok, Girliecat! I hope that you get some relief soon!

BabsNMK
February 24th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Has anyone here had pubic bone symphisis problems? This 3rd pregnancy is kicking my butt. I am now 18 weeks and already limping and waddling in pains I'm also getting almost constant migraines and cramping. But the limping is the worst. I'm almost unable to pick up my 20 month old. I had it with the pee opus two pregnancies but much further down the road. Like 30 weeks. I go to the chiro but it's just temporary relief. Any tricks/tips you ladies have?

MrsSparkles
February 24th, 2017, 03:25 PM

So pleased that you and little princess are okay !

MrsSparkles
February 24th, 2017, 03:26 PM
Has anyone here had pubic bone symphisis problems? This 3rd pregnancy is kicking my butt. I am now 18 weeks and already limping and waddling in pains I'm also getting almost constant migraines and cramping. But the limping is the worst. I'm almost unable to pick up my 20 month old. I had it with the pee opus two pregnancies but much further down the road. Like 30 weeks. I go to the chiro but it's just temporary relief. Any tricks/tips you ladies have?

Sorry I can't helps Babs.
Have only had 'stiff hips' on waking, or getting up which I am assuming is not the same as yours.
Sounds horrible :(
Are there any excursuses advocated by SpinningBabies.com ? I know they are about turning the baby in the right position, but perhaps they have advice about other pregnancy related issues

BabsNMK
February 24th, 2017, 09:26 PM
I've looked up exercises online and doing them now but so far not helping. It's pretty painful. Whenever part of me thinks maybe we could have a 4th child, I have to remember that my body hates being pregnant.

Burakoam
February 24th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Crashing... babs I have it too. Doctor recommended a maternity support band... it works like a charm!!

Maternity Support Belt | Motherhood Maternity (http://www.motherhood.com/maternity-support-belt/006-92200-10-S.html?adpos=1o1&creative=109492413965&device=m&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQiA0L_FBRDMmaCTw5nxm-ABEiQABn-VqT6_qHR_LqwDfpauG2F-mBsp0cPLNmCm1vGkXM0PrR4aAjqu8P8HAQ)

BabsNMK
February 25th, 2017, 07:46 AM
Ahh yes Burakoam. I have it in storage and never needed it this early before. I guess it's time to break it out.

Mummyof4boys
February 25th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Anyone else get a nasty after taste when eating? Never had it with previous 4 pregnancies..it went away for a few weeks and now it's back :( don't know how to get rid of it!

XXforhubby
February 25th, 2017, 09:38 PM
I get this too. I find brushing my teeth or sucking on fruit flavored candy helps. If I don't get the taste out of my mouth, I feel it makes my morning sickness worse.

FX you get some relief soon!

Mummyof4boys
February 25th, 2017, 10:37 PM
I get this too. I find brushing my teeth or sucking on fruit flavored candy helps. If I don't get the taste out of my mouth, I feel it makes my morning sickness worse.

FX you get some relief soon!

Brushing my teeth/tongue doesn't help. I just end up with a rotten toothpaste taste in my mouth afterwards, same with the lollies :( Makes me feel nauseous

Faithinpink
February 25th, 2017, 11:03 PM
Brushing my teeth/tongue doesn't help. I just end up with a rotten toothpaste taste in my mouth afterwards, same with the lollies :( Makes me feel nauseous

Iam the same nothing much helps . I sometime use mouthwash listerine and some really strong mints but it doesnt completely go away ..
It drives me crazy . Apparently well so ive read its got to do with the PH in ur mouth

Mummyof4boys
February 26th, 2017, 01:38 AM
Iam the same nothing much helps . I sometime use mouthwash listerine and some really strong mints but it doesnt completely go away ..
It drives me crazy . Apparently well so ive read its got to do with the PH in ur mouth

It's awful isn't it?! Makes me feel sick. Never had this with the last 4.

GirlieCat
February 26th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Ladies, what are your feeling about announcing babies name to others? Tell while pregnant or wait till birth? Good and bad experiences with either option?

XXforhubby
February 26th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Ladies, what are your feeling about announcing babies name to others? Tell while pregnant or wait till birth? Good and bad experiences with either option?

Don't do it!!! We had a name we LOVED for DS1. We made the mistake of telling our family, and much to our astonishment, they openly ridiculed the name and went so far as to make fun of it [emoji20]. It totally ruined the name for us. Ironically, years later, the name would have been perfect for him. We did come up with a name we now love and is a good fit for him. We learned a valuable lesson- don't announce a name until the baby is born!

Lolabelle
February 26th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Hi! I'm pretty new here & currently in the 2WW, but girliecat-your post on the names showed up on the side bar of my page & I wanted to comment!

We have 2 DS, but have had the girl name picked out since before we were married! We were team green until birth for our youngest, so we announced names for either gender to just our family & maybe a few friends. My SIL is now expecting and finding out gender in 2weeks. To my surprise, they have already picked out names and using "our" girl name if it's a girl!!!! She is newer to the family & I didn't have the name conversation with her, but surely it's a coincidence !! I always thought by announcing the name, it would help everyone connect more with the baby, making it more personal, and thought there would be an understanding that the name is off limits and especially not subject to ridicule. That's awful XX!! I do know some who don't reveal the name for similar reasons since everyone seems to have an opinion or know someone by that name that leaves a certain impression in their minds!!!

What are you leaning towards girliecat??

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Don't do it!!! We had a name we LOVED for DS1. We made the mistake of telling our family, and much to our astonishment, they openly ridiculed the name and went so far as to make fun of it [emoji20]. It totally ruined the name for us. Ironically, years later, the name would have been perfect for him. We did come up with a name we now love and is a good fit for him. We learned a valuable lesson- don't announce a name until the baby is born!

:agree: and even if they "mean well" it can still be kind of stressful where they express some concerns and then you're put in the position of having to justify using the name anyway.

Examples: Wyatt Duncan "You mean like Dunkin Donuts? Duncan Heinz" "Wyatt Earp?" and Tate Holmes "It sounds like potato, isn't Tate a girls name?"

Better to wait till birth, even tho we did get some comments about Clark and Marshall, "Superman? Marshall Dillon?" the baby was named and that was the end of it. Did not endure the weeks of people bringing it up and making other suggestions repeatedly.

atomic sagebrush
February 26th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Re coincidences, it does happen just by sheer random chance. I had always kind of hoped to use the name Evelyn, although I wasn't totally sold on it (luckily) it was my grandmother's name and just something that I envisioned using if and when I ever got a girl. Lo and behold my brother and his girlfriend - who had no way of knowing about my grandma (we have different dads so different grandmas and I'm sure my brother has no clue what my grandma's name is, let alone his girlfriend who picked it) chose the name Avelyn for their daughter.

I mean, that's not even a name (please no comments, it's lovely, my point is that of all the weird random twists of fate, that one is a biggie!) and it was completely accidental with no ill will implied, but it sure put me off of using Evelyn as a potential name.

Lolabelle
February 26th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Atomic-same situation! When you have your heart set on a name & then someone else uses it...ugh!! I certainly hope in our case that we coincidently think alike. I wondered if other family members suggested it. Super happy for them, but I have fx that they have a boy lol. It's my DH's brother & wife, so we have the same last name!

Mummyof4boys
February 26th, 2017, 08:37 PM
It's up to you really...there's always a risk that someone else will use the names you have picked out though, but as far as family/friends being rude and mocking or not liking the names, I couldn't give a crap! We've announced the names with all 5 bubs during pregnancy, and of course there's always going to be someone that doesn't like it! We LOVE all the names we've used and that's all that matters. However, I do like the idea of waiting til birth to announce, but for us, we kind of feel our family/friends are more connected with Bub before birth - whether they like the name or not lol....if that makes sense?...

Cnburke
February 27th, 2017, 12:43 AM
Hey ladies ! Updating to say that I am indeed having a girl . Sneek peak was right ! So you can mark me down as swayed boy - having girl .
Seems we have quite a few failed sways .
After all I did to sway , I'm starting to question swaying in general .. if we decide to have another baby after this we will do PGD . All depends on if we can afford it or not at that time and if we want to have 4 children ! Lol

Kelbear
February 27th, 2017, 12:59 AM
Hey ladies ! Updating to say that I am indeed having a girl . Sneek peak was right ! So you can mark me down as swayed boy - having girl .
After all I did to sway , I'm starting to question swaying in general .. if we decide to have another baby after this we will do PGD . All depends on if we can afford it or not at that time and if we want to have 4 children ! Lol

So sorry to hear your sway didn't work, I hope you are doing ok. I didn't realise how hard it would be finding out my sway failed and just how upset I would feel until it happened to me so sending big hugs and hope you can get over any disappointment and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. I hope one day you can have your little boy if you do decide to try for no. 4 but if not I hope you can find happiness with your three girls.

kc15880
February 27th, 2017, 07:37 AM
So many failed sways & a few miscarriages in this group. fx for all of you who are team green

XXforhubby
February 27th, 2017, 07:54 AM
Wow, so many opposites! It makes me nervous to find out if our second sway worked or not.

(((Huge Hugs)))

MrsSparkles
February 27th, 2017, 10:17 AM
:agree: and even if they "mean well" it can still be kind of stressful where they express some concerns and then you're put in the position of having to justify using the name anyway.

Examples: Wyatt Duncan "You mean like Dunkin Donuts? Duncan Heinz" "Wyatt Earp?" and Tate Holmes "It sounds like potato, isn't Tate a girls name?"

We mentioned our name that we loved to a few people last pregnancy.
And they savaged it !
So now we have no name at all, well Hubby does but I am not into them, and vice versa.
I find boys names boring and unforgiving, you can't really call a boy a cute name like Dolly, or flowery names (Lilly, Rose, Petal).
So it's hard to find something strong and unique, my advice is once you find it...zip it ;) Cos people are judge

Ps : I would like to include myself in the above 'people', I didn't say it to her but my sister in law called her son Ivan...and I just thought it sounded tyrannical.
Fast forward 3 years and he is the most unlikeable child you'll ever meet.
I always wonder if the name influenced his personality 'Ivan the Terrible'

BabsNMK
February 27th, 2017, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=Cnburke;890288]Hey ladies ! Updating to say that I am indeed having a girl . Sneek peak was right ! So you can mark me down as swayed boy - having girl .
After all I did to sway , I'm starting to question swaying in general .. if we decide to have another baby after this we will do PGD . All depends on if we coan afford it or not at that time and if we want to have 4 children ! Lol

Cnburke it's like you are in my brain! I do question swaying now as well but I still don't have any true anger towards the process because it forced me into great shape. However I do get upset about the fact that I thought I had control over what's an uncontrollable situation. I almost wish I had read more failed sway posts with the hopes that people would've said--if you truly want a specific gender go PGD and do not risk swaying. I saw some like that but not enough. However I have only myself to blame.

If we ever decide a 4th...I'm only doing PGD. Apparently there's a doctor here who has success with spinning and I won't even risk that. But I would have to weigh if the expense of another child is worth it and more importantly if I want a 4th child. 3 sounds so good to me while 4 is undoubtedly overwhelming.

I deal with disappointment on a daily basis so right now I'm just hoping I'll get over it mostly but the time #3 is born. I doubt I'll get over it completely. And I hope you are doing ok. I know how crushing this can be.

atomic sagebrush
February 27th, 2017, 01:08 PM
Guys, I say it at least once a day that if you can do PGD and have a reasonable chance of success with it, you should do PGD.

I have never, ever, ever said anywhere even once that swaying is a guarantee of gender and I think I'm pretty vocal about it as a matter of fact.

As long as swaying comes in consistently better than 50-50 (which it has for both pink and blue, every year for 6 years, even though I include sways that were less than ideal)

My heartfelt goal is for everyone to get their desired gender. But if swaying could EVER be a guarantee the entire human race would have died out a long time ago, the first time there was an extended famine only girls would be born. It just isn't 100%, I've never promised that to anyone and never will.

PrayingForPrincess
February 27th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Just wanted to update the thread that we will be welcoming baby boy #2 in July! Im so excited to see the bond my boys will share! Hoping everyone is having a good pregnancy on here so far! :D

BabsNMK
February 27th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Guys, I say it at least once a day that if you can do PGD and have a reasonable chance of success with it, you should do PGD.

I have never, ever, ever said anywhere even once that swaying is a guarantee of gender and I think I'm pretty vocal about it as a matter of fact.

As long as swaying comes in consistently better than 50-50 (which it has for both pink and blue, every year for 6 years, even though I include sways that were less than ideal)

My heartfelt goal is for everyone to get their desired gender. But if swaying could EVER be a guarantee the entire human race would have died out a long time ago, the first time there was an extended famine only girls would be born. It just isn't 100%, I've never promised that to anyone and never will.

Yes Atomic you are completely open with that. I don't blame the site or your guidance at all. I looked to posts and as we all know, anecdotal evidence is a recipe for failure. So I blame myself for not being more objective and analytical. But really what can I do at this point.

Mummyof4boys
February 27th, 2017, 06:41 PM
We mentioned our name that we loved to a few people last pregnancy.
And they savaged it !
So now we have no name at all, well Hubby does but I am not into them, and vice versa.
I find boys names boring and unforgiving, you can't really call a boy a cute name like Dolly, or flowery names (Lilly, Rose, Petal).
So it's hard to find something strong and unique, my advice is once you find it...zip it ;) Cos people are judge

Ps : I would like to include myself in the above 'people', I didn't say it to her but my sister in law called her son Ivan...and I just thought it sounded tyrannical.
Fast forward 3 years and he is the most unlikeable child you'll ever meet.
I always wonder if the name influenced his personality 'Ivan the Terrible'

That's so mean that they savaged your baby name! Don't understand why people can't keep their mouths shut :/ I know lots of people that picked (IMO) silly names, but at least I was nice enough to pretend to like it haha!
"Ivan the terrible" sorry but that made me giggle. I guess it was destiny maybe lol.

My DS2 is named Gabriel, but he's definitly no angel hahaha

MrsSparkles
February 28th, 2017, 03:54 AM
That's so mean that they savaged your baby name! Don't understand why people can't keep their mouths shut :/ I know lots of people that picked (IMO) silly names, but at least I was nice enough to pretend to like it haha!
"Ivan the terrible" sorry but that made me giggle. I guess it was destiny maybe lol.

My DS2 is named Gabriel, but he's definitly no angel hahaha

Gabriel is beautiful name !

Ivan is hilarious, he is the tyrant - you know the naughty children that secretly make you laugh at how mischievous they are!

Atomic - I know you are very vocal about the fact that if you can do PGD do it.
We really thought (when I was in bits about my failed sway) that we would ONLY do PGD next time.
Now...I am actually not as invested in boy or girl, I think for me this failed sway has brought me peace, and turned me from a real control freak into a ....slightly less control freaky person.
If I had gotten my girl, I don't think I would be having such a relaxed and amazing pregnancy.
I would be planning the minutia of everything.
So I can honestly thank this site for that.

GirlieCat
February 28th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Thank you all. I think we will keep the name secret. Since I can't keep the pregnancy secret anymore, this will be something that hubby and I can keep just to ourselves. It is surprising though, we started to tell family yesterday and multiple people asked- "Do you have a name yet?". I am learning so much about what NOT to say the next time I find out a friend or family is pregnant.

I updated page 1 for all those who found out their genders. Sorry to those who are struggling with gender opposite what they swayed/hoped for. :-(

Kelbear- I didn't update yours because I am not sure if you consider it confirmed yet- I will wait for you to let us know if it is confirmed.

Kelbear
February 28th, 2017, 06:44 PM
Thanks Girliecat, you probably can put it down as boy as there is no way that nub is anything but boy. I will have my anatomy scan in 5 weeks but really don't need that to confirm.

Kelbear
March 1st, 2017, 12:23 AM
Have gone from feeling nauseous all day and vomiting at least once a day to feeling ravenously hungry all day. Not sure which is more frustrating.

MrsSparkles
March 1st, 2017, 08:12 AM
Thanks Girliecat, you probably can put it down as boy as there is no way that nub is anything but boy. I will have my anatomy scan in 5 weeks but really don't need that to confirm.

Sorry Kelbear didn't mean to press Like on this.
Sorry you got your opposite :(

Girliecat - Feel the same as you, learning so much about what not to say to a pregnant person next time lol

2ndtimemom
March 1st, 2017, 11:30 AM
Hii ladies... today is the day... m gonna find out baby's gender...wish me luck.😍😍

foxtrotmama
March 1st, 2017, 11:58 AM
Hii ladies... today is the day... m gonna find out baby's gender...wish me luck.����

Ohhh best of luck!

amelia
March 1st, 2017, 01:58 PM
I haven't been around for a while...I'm 25 weeks now and everything is still going great. After passing the gestational diabetes diagnostic test, I called and finally switched providers to the midwife team that delivers at another hospital. My first appointment with them is at 29 weeks. We'll be in Europe for three weeks and our landscape installation starts in two weeks.

I've been slowly acquiring baby gear from other people, and decluttering the baby room is almost complete (just need to transfer data from old external hard drives and scan old papers). We've got all the furniture we want for around the house (but not anything specifically for baby yet). My girlfriends said they might throw a baby shower for me, and I never say no to a good party. :)

The way I see it, if everyone liked the name you chose, then the name would be too popular! And everyone would have the same names! And that's not the case, so most people will have negative reactions to the chosen name. That's just the way it is. :) We are 99% sure our baby boy's first name will be Hunter. Other names I liked are Trevor, Russell, and Charles, but Hunter is on top for various reasons.

Hmm, lots of opposites since I last checked in. I wonder what I will do for my next kid (if we decide to have a second), but I'm too busy to think about that right now. :D

Kelbear
March 1st, 2017, 08:25 PM
Sorry Kelbear didn't mean to press Like on this.
Sorry you got your opposite :(

Girliecat - Feel the same as you, learning so much about what not to say to a pregnant person next time lol

Thanks MrsSparkles, I am slowly feeling better about this baby being a boy. My DS is the most amazing loving cuddly little guy and especially lately makes me realise how lucky I am to have him and that little boys are amazing. Yes I still grieve the loss of a chance to have a DD but this new little guy will be very welcome in our lives. I have started to feel him move in the last few days and that has help me start to bond with him better too. I can't wait to see my two little guys grow up together best buddies.

GirlieCat
March 2nd, 2017, 12:05 AM
OMG 2nd time mom....so excited for you. Can't wait to hear results.

GirlieCat
March 3rd, 2017, 10:58 PM
Thinking of you 2ndtimemom. Let us know how your US went.

GirlieCat
March 4th, 2017, 12:40 PM
Question- when tummy gets super hard and tight for a short time (1min or less), is that a Braxton hicks contraction? It is not painful, just weird and uncomfortable but very noticeable.

Also how far along were you when you got your first stretch mark. I am 24 weeks and no marks yet but I am still small and have only gained 8 pounds. I am dreading getting stretch marks so just wondering.

Anyone taking a probiotic during pregnancy? Wondering if I should start taking one.

MrsSparkles
March 4th, 2017, 06:25 PM
Question- when tummy gets super hard and tight for a short time (1min or less), is that a Braxton hicks contraction? It is not painful, just weird and uncomfortable but very noticeable.

Also how far along were you when you got your first stretch mark. I am 24 weeks and no marks yet but I am still small and have only gained 8 pounds. I am dreading getting stretch marks so just wondering.

Anyone taking a probiotic during pregnancy? Wondering if I should start taking one.

I got stretch marks super early, it's genetic....honestly.
I am using Vitamin E oil, Rosehip Oil, Shea Butter, and nothing works. My Mum got them too, and she was tiny :(
My weight gain now stands at 14lbs in 6 months, so a lot more than you, but I really think it is genes.
If you don't have them now, chances are you won't.

Get the same feeling, on waking up or if I am dehydrated - not sure if it is Braxton Hicks either.
Feels cool though :D

By the way, first antenatal class yesterday.
It was full to capacity, and out of every couple there there is only one girl being born.
All the midwives have said it's like a boy boom.

MrsSparkles
March 4th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Does anyone know which strain of probiotic to take to help prevent Group Strep B ?
Have been doing Kimchi, and tiny amounts of kombucha, but not added a probiotic yet

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2017, 06:41 PM

Yes those are BH contrax

Stretchmarks are genetic so you may be lucky and not get any. I already had them before I even had my first baby because I grew fast as a teen. One of those things not a lot you can really do to prevent.

Mummyof4boys
March 5th, 2017, 12:37 AM
Yes, sounds like braxton hicks. Mine started at 20 weeks and are really uncomfortable!! Feels like my belly is in a vice haha

I know some people swear that moisturisers help, but I find it hard to believe that it can penetrate deep enough to prevent stretch marks... I can't remember how far along, but I got two little streaks on one hip with my first pregnancy, and a matching pair on the other hip with my second pregnancy lol. No stretch marks for the other 3 pregnancies and none on my belly luckily...same as my mother! However, I did get them on my boobs and butt during puberty :/

I took FastTract liquid probiotic in 3rd trimester with my 3rd child, and he's the only one out of my 4 that didn't have colic as a baby. Could be a coincidence.. who knows...

Mummyof4boys
March 5th, 2017, 12:50 AM
Going to book in a 3D ultrasound next week! :D Hopefully Bub cooperates and I can get a nice shot of her face lol. I've never had luck with them in the past. Usually the face is buried in my hip or a hand is covering the face haha

MrsSparkles
March 5th, 2017, 04:31 AM
Going to book in a 3D ultrasound next week! :D Hopefully Bub cooperates and I can get a nice shot of her face lol. I've never had luck with them in the past. Usually the face is buried in my hip or a hand is covering the face haha

Please post piccies !

I really wanted to get one done, but we just paid for our newborn photographer which wasnt cheap. So can't justify a scan too.

Will be amazing to live vicariously through you though hahah.
Wonder how much detail you will see, some seem clearer than others

Sb2104
March 5th, 2017, 11:36 AM
I'm new to this group and site in general! But I got stretch marks in puberty on my butt but nothing in pregnancy. The ones I had darkened again but quickly went back to very hard to see post baby. My sister on the other hand got them all over, including her arms and calfs. I'm starting to think it's just luck of the draw

MrsSparkles
March 5th, 2017, 07:12 PM
I'm new to this group and site in general! But I got stretch marks in puberty on my butt but nothing in pregnancy. The ones I had darkened again but quickly went back to very hard to see post baby. My sister on the other hand got them all over, including her arms and calfs. I'm starting to think it's just luck of the draw

My sister is the same as you, she got 2 stretch marks but they are almost invisible.
I don't think physiological she and I are that similar though, I definitely have my Mums skin type book :(

Kelbear
March 5th, 2017, 07:35 PM
I have heard stretch marks are genetic too. My mum had them and I had terrible stretch marks with my first pregnancy which are still visible just a bit faded (my stomach looked like a purple striped zebra!). I moisturised from early on twice a day and it didn't help me at all. Expecting to start looking like a zebra again soon even though I am only 16 weeks and have only gained 3 lb the old stretch marks are starting to itch already and I don't think I will be able to hide my belly from my work colleagues much longer. If you don't have any sign of them now girliecat you might be lucky and not get any.

Mummyof4boys
March 5th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Please post piccies !

I really wanted to get one done, but we just paid for our newborn photographer which wasnt cheap. So can't justify a scan too.

Will be amazing to live vicariously through you though hahah.
Wonder how much detail you will see, some seem clearer than others

I've only ever had them done at 18 weeks and Bub looked like an alien! LOL. This'll be my first time doing a 2nd/3rd trimester 3D scan so I'm very curious too! :)

Mummyof4boys
March 6th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Phoned to book in 3D US and they said while they can do it from 26 wks, the optimal time is 28+ wks. Damn! Lol. I guess I'll have to wait some more. Getting so impatient lol.

GirlieCat
March 6th, 2017, 10:03 PM
Mummy- the ultrasound school near me offered me a free 3D and they told me the same thing. Instructor says 30-33weeks is best.

Thank you all for the comments on stretch marks. I got them during puberty too when I grew too fast- on my breasts and thighs. Mom got them during pregnancy but sister didn't. Guess I just wait and see.

I finally told all family, friends and work last week and already wishing I didn't have to. I don't handle the attention or comments well. Bump just wouldn't let me hide it anymore.

Baby is so active lately it is crazy. Wish I could say it was "magical" and awesome but honestly sometimes it is annoying. I already feel like a terrible mom. Don't think I am bonding well.

Burakoam
March 6th, 2017, 10:17 PM
girlie cat- you are not a terrible mom and please PLEASE don't enter motherhood thinking every minute is magic and rainbows... you will be sorely let down. 4 babies in and it's not a magical feeling for me except for passing her kick counts.. even with a boy Id hate it and find it annoying. Sometimes it's nice.. but at 3 am when you want to go back to sleep and baby won't stop having their own private dance party? Not so much!

purple
March 7th, 2017, 12:40 AM
Mummy- the ultrasound school near me offered me a free 3D and they told me the same thing. Instructor says 30-33weeks is best.

Thank you all for the comments on stretch marks. I got them during puberty too when I grew too fast- on my breasts and thighs. Mom got them during pregnancy but sister didn't. Guess I just wait and see.

I finally told all family, friends and work last week and already wishing I didn't have to. I don't handle the attention or comments well. Bump just wouldn't let me hide it anymore.

Baby is so active lately it is crazy. Wish I could say it was "magical" and awesome but honestly sometimes it is annoying. I already feel like a terrible mom. Don't think I am bonding well.

Not everyone enjoys the movement, they do feel a bit strange at times! Also it can be hard to bond with an unborn baby, some women have that strong bond in pregnancy and others don't, we are all different. The only thing I would suggest watching out for is if you think it is more than not bonding and possible prenatal depression. I only say this as my friend really struggled to bond in her first pregnancy and did end up with post natal depression.

I understand not wanting all the comments, it is annoying at times especially when it is from people who would normally not even talk to you. It gets very hard to avoid attention when you are visibly pregnant.

BabsNMK
March 7th, 2017, 08:57 AM
Has anyone gotten the flu during pregnancy before? I haven't had the flu since I was 8 and forgot how awful it is. Now with two children 4 and under and being 19 weeks, I'm really struggling. We actually were away for this weekend and I couldn't understand why I was having such trouble functioning but now I know. The doctor said there's nothing they can give me besides a couple category B and C drugs and I'm not really willing to risk that. If you had it, how long until you were better? I'm on day 4 today. My mom is thankfully helping with kids for half the day but then I have to take over until DH is home. I definitely feel better than yesterday but that's not saying much.

XXforhubby
March 7th, 2017, 09:38 AM
I had the flu with my DS2. I had gotten the flu shot earlier, but it didn't protect adequately against the H1N1 strain that year. I was sick for a good solid 10 days before I started to feel better. It was about 15 days before I felt 90%.

The main thing with the seasonal flu, is monitor your temperature. Take Tylenol to reduce your temperature if it gets above 100.5. Having a high temperature can cause birth defects and other potential risks to your baby and pregnancy. Otherwise, stay hydrated and get lots of rest! I'm glad you have some help right now.

Hang in there, and I hope you feel much better soon!

Burakoam
March 7th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Depends on the flu.. have had the stomach flu twice this pregnancy, never before though.. had seasonal flu with DD3 which thankfully wasn't that bad as I had my flu shot..both kinds are awful. If you are vomitting I would strongly recommend the zofran or reglan.. I know the category can be scary but I have had zofran which I believe is still a category C multiple times in all 4 pregnancies and all of my babies are healthy and happy and here. I think it depends on the risks.. are you so sick you are sure it's affecting the baby too? Then I would take something. Have also had to use NyQuil and DayQuil to get through bad colds in pregnancy.. still all babies were fine.

MrsSparkles
March 7th, 2017, 01:09 PM
Hi girlieCat

You're so not a bad Mom.

Look how long you kept the secret for, not just for privacy, but because you loved the little secret.
I have told more people this week, and had down days since...could it be the same for you ?
That you're sad that now more people know, it's not as personal ?

Also, the movement thing - my sister HATED them.
She is an amazing Mom of two little boys, and in fact the whole way through both pregnancies she was irritated.
Once they were born she was so different.
Not everyone enjoys pregnancy, the changes in our bodies, the negative 'stories', etc etc

BabsNMK
March 7th, 2017, 04:47 PM
I had the stomach flu when I was about 8 weeks and that was a bad 24 hours but that was it. This is seasonal and I don't get the flu shot because the one time I did I ended up sick all season. Literally for two months with a cough. I'm just not sure how to get the rest I need. My 4 yr old is asking me to play catch and my 20 monther is climbing on me crying. I've only been parenting for an hour so far today and I'm dizzy and tired. My fever was up yesterday to 101. Might've been higher the day before but we were away so no thermometer. I took Tylenol and I just pray it was frequent enough since I'm now reading about the scary birth defects from fevers. This really caught me off guard. I knew my sons were sick last week but honestly just thought it was a cold.

Mummyof4boys
March 7th, 2017, 10:02 PM
I had the flu with my last pregnancy around the same gestation as I am now. It was horrible!! Ended up in hospital hooked up to a drip because I was so badly dehydrated from vomiting and diarrhoea :( Bub was totally fine thanfully and it lasted about a week I think..

Mummyof4boys
March 11th, 2017, 04:51 PM
BabsNMK hope you're feeling better now x

Approaching the 3rd trimester! Woohoo! Feeling lots of strong kicks daily now. I was worried for a while because I felt lots more movement early on with my boys, but this one can sure kick hard! haha. Not so pleasant in the bladder or cervix tho :/