PDA

View Full Version : Is this a new cycle?

MrsGoodies
January 12th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Hi all,

This miscarriage cycle seems like it is lasting forever! So far I've had

* 16 days bleeding
* 8 days brown/red spotting
* 3 days EWCM (no spotting at all)...HCG was 15 on 1st day of EWCM

thought everything was normalizing and I was waiting for my period to start....NOPE!.....now last 3 days brown/red spotting again! Grrrrrrrr :(

Does the spotting count as a new cycle or is it still part of the old cycle?

1moregirl
January 13th, 2017, 01:08 AM
I can't answer your question MrsG but just wanted to say that it's nice to have you back here again. I must say, if you are ttc again, you are one hell of a braves and determined lady. I wish I had half of your courage. I just find it touch to consider ttc again as keep reading of women in their 40s who get pregnant, only to miscarry again. One lady is pregnant at the moment with twins but has had a bit of bleeding and it looks like she may lose one of them, if not both. Argh! I just don't think I have the courage and strength to try again any more, but at the same time I am dreading school starting back up this year and taking them back again, and my baby starting kindergarten. Not fair! :(

The Anchor
January 13th, 2017, 12:46 PM
So sorry for your loss Mrs. The first day of your cycle is the first day of full flow, not spotting. My cycle went totally berserko after my m/c, it is common. GL!

atomic sagebrush
January 14th, 2017, 03:06 PM
since hcg is 15 I do not think this is a new cycle, I'm sorry.

MrsGoodies
January 15th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Hcg was 15 over a week ago, but I think you are right. I only had 4 days brown spotting -nothing more. E3 is 330, progesterone 3.8, FSH 6, LH 6....so I wasn't Oing or close to Oing either.

I was on a 5 day juice fast last week and the spotting started half way thru...maybe my body was cleanng house.

Spotting is stopped now...

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Oh yes the juice fasts can be a bit blood thinning and that may have caused it.

ARe you still taking your iron?? I would not have you be juice fasting if it were up to me because I think you need to replenish your reserves and juice fasts are not stellar at that.

MrsGoodies
January 16th, 2017, 04:49 PM
My hemoglobin went from 80 to 110 in 3 weeks (normal is 120 - only slightly anemic) so Dr said juice fast was ok to start. It was only lasted 5 days.

I'm still taking iron but only 50ml/day instead of 100ml.

No clue when my cycle will start up again but on cd32 now

Gradually starting up on LE but I am on the upper end of the limits and full fat dairy so as not to lose any weight.

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Ok! Great!!!

MrsGoodies
January 18th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Atomic, how much fat and protein is allowed? I thought the upper end was 70 fat 70 protein but not sure with the full fat dairy (its pushing me into the 80's....is that too high?)

XXforhubby
January 18th, 2017, 08:58 PM
Upper limit of both is 60g. 80g occasionally won't hurt, but I would try to keep it around 60g if you can. That being said, 80g is WAY less than us boy mom's typically get when left to our own devices!

FX and GL to you!!

[emoji170][emoji1379]DS1, [emoji577]DS2, & [emoji602]DS3[emoji170]
[emoji166]EDD 9/30/2017 [emoji1317]for pink[emoji166]
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

MrsGoodies
January 19th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Thanks XX,

Were you on low fat dairy also? I was on it last 2 tries and mc both times and now read it is v. bad for fertility/egg quality (my age doesnt help either)

My protein went from 60 to 68 bc I've added 1 egg per day. No meat or chicken just veg. I'm learning how to cook Indian food since they have a lot of good veg dishes.

Just praying for a healthy babe.

XXforhubby
January 19th, 2017, 11:06 AM
I didn't particularly have low fat consistently. I just made sure to stay in the limits. I had mostly full fat cheeses, since I don't drink milk.

[emoji170][emoji1379]DS1, [emoji577]DS2, & [emoji602]DS3[emoji170]
[emoji166]EDD 9/30/2017 [emoji1317]for pink[emoji166]
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Atomic, how much fat and protein is allowed? I thought the upper end was 70 fat 70 protein but not sure with the full fat dairy (its pushing me into the 80's....is that too high?)

Most people cut off at 60. A few people go up to 70.

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Mrs. Goodies, you are not counting the protein in fruit and veg, right?? They are free for protein and shouldn't be counted.

MrsGoodies
January 19th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Oh, i was including frits & veg =70g protein.... Without frits & veg i is 55 g protein (is that too low?)

I'm mostly concerned about the fat which is around 85 with the full fat dairy/egg and it was only 62 when doing 0-1% dairy with no egg. The egg daily is adding 5 g fat.

I have a salad daily and the dressing has 1tbsp olive oil in it = 13g fat (but salad with no dressing would be too bland)

If I eat any kind of meat the fat skyrockets....

Any suggestions? Or should I even be too fussed about the 20 extra g fat of the protein and carbs is ok?

Ps. Just curious what the HE ttc boy minimum fat/carb/protein targets are ?

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Don't count fruit or veg in those totals and you will drop down. 55 g of protein is right in LE Diet wheelhouse.

Where is the rest of the fat coming from?

I would have you eat the dairy and egg anyway because your body probably needs it and the skim dairy is really bad for fertility.

HE Diet is 90 g or more protein and all the fat they can get in there (within their calorie limits which are 2200-2500 a day)

MrsGoodies
January 21st, 2017, 02:49 AM
I get fat mostly from dairy (full fat yoghurt & milk)...butter(sautee vegetables), eggs, small amount of nuts (about 1/2-1 oz sprinkle in salad), peanut butter (no more than 1tbsp), bread , cream/parm cheese when I make alfredo or any kind of creamy soup, sour sour cream, salmon and/or chicken when i eat it (only 1-2x per month)...oh and any kind of junk food like poptarts (5 g right there)

atomic sagebrush
January 23rd, 2017, 12:57 PM
I consider dropping pop tarts and having a serving of full fat dairy to be a good trade. Will help boost your fertility and is roughly the same amount (slightly more in the milk