PDA

View Full Version : MaggiePie11's Girl Sway

maggiepie11
October 10th, 2011, 09:41 PM
UPDATE!!!!!! IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!! See post #9 for details!!!!

I’m mostly a lurker here, but wanted to post my sway in case it’s helpful for someone. I’ll definitely update once I get my results. (I think I’m going to spring for the pink or blue lab test to find out at 10 weeks pregnancy, so I should know by Thanksgiving timeframe)

USERNAME: Maggiepie11
DH'S AGE: 30
CHILDREN: 1 boys (age 16 months)
NO. MONTHS TTC: 4

DIET:
Low Everything diet, HARDCORE, for a little over a week leading up to O, but i was on just a general low calorie diet for the week prior. I had lost about 8 lbs in the 2 weeks leading up to O. I’m overweight, and always have been. On the LE diet, I was consuming about 700 calories a day (I know it’s not a long term healthy choice, but I wanted that shock to my system for the week of O, especially because I know myself well enough to know I couldn’t stick to a reasonable LE diet for many weeks. I skipped breakfast. For lunch every day I had 2 rye crisp crackers with 2 tablespoons of hummus, 2 slices of very low cal weight watchers bread, toasted with sugar free raspberry preserves, and a cup of either strawberries or blueberries with equal. For dinner I had mashed cauliflower and white rice, or plain dry couscous with chopped green beans, cauliflower and white mushrooms. I drank ONLY crystal light or hot water with equal (like tea without the bag). No snacks ever. For anyone who’s seen the movie “The Devil Wear Prada” we joked that I followed Emily’s diet. “Basically I eat nothing until I’m about to pass out, and then I’ll eat a small **** of cheese”  Except I’d replace the **** of cheese with a piece of iceberg lettuce. Hehe My husband's in great shape, so he didn’t need to lose any weight, but he did cut out animal proteins (chicken and red meat), and drank a lot of crystal light and anything he drank he put equal in it.  he’s a good man!

EXERCISE:
None.

POTIONS & PILLS:

Prenatal vitamin - Daily

Low Dose Aspirin – Daily (I switched to cranberry in 2WW because I got my first UTI ever)

Folic Acid – An extra 400 mcg daily on top of the prenatals.

Saw Palmetto – Daily (I’m a high testosterone girl. I run the show in our house, I over-analyze everything, I’m competitive, etc etc etc, so I wanted to give myself a real shot at defeating the maternal dominance stuff. I even tried to let DH make more decisions and when I could do it without stressing about it, I tried to just let things be. I was afraid that if I tried too hard, it would defeat the purpose. :)

I deliberately skipped the calcium/magnesium supplements to avoid counteracting the concept of eating nothing of nutritional value.

POTIONS & PILLS FOR YOUR MAN:

Licorice Root – 3 capsules a day

TIMING:

I don’t really buy into BD timing for better or for worse. Also, we really wanted to get pregnant before November because our son is 16 months, and in case we end up with another son, we’d like them to be only 2 years apart in school, so November was the preferred cutoff for that reason. We BD one day before my first positive OPK and BD through O, but not the day after O. (O-2, O-1, O) We would have done O+1 as well, but I got a UTI.
We abstained all the way from the previous cycle to O-2 as suggested by my OBGYN.

THINGS IN YOUR VG:
I used a full applicator of Rephresh about 10 hours prior to our first attempt, and then a little bit every morning. (BD at night only) I also used softcups immediately after BD in this cycle, for the first time ever. I know this probably sways boy since it’s a boost for TTC, but again, the November deadline was looming.  We did NOT use any lube. FYI, I normally pee about 15 minutes after BD, but this time I put in the softcup and went to sleep. I believe that’s why I got a UTI. I highly recommend the softcups for TTC, but also recommend going to the bathroom after BD.

Did you track your pH, if so, what was it before the attempt(s):
I bought pH strips the first cycle we started TTC, but i was never able to get the test paper to change color. Nothing happened. I’m not generally dense, but I think I had some sort of mental block figuring out the pH testing process. So I didn’t bother with it. I trusted in the Rephresh to keep me balanced around 4.5.

Negative Ions: DH hot shower before each attempt. Replaced all our household soap/shampoo/conditioner/lotion with lavender products created with essential oils (not just fragrance--more expensive but seemed more legit to me). I have a crystal salt rock lamp in our living room where we watch tv and use a laptop, and I also have a crystal salt rock lamp at my desk at work! We have a tiny fan on us in the bedroom. O during new moon!

Anything else?
O and conception happened during girl moon (moon in scorpio!)

I also wore a moonstone and rose quartz bracelet this cycle. I cleansed them and charged them and put all my good intentions for some lunar help in bringing us a healthy baby girl. We made 3 attempts this cycle. I avoided bigO the first 2 attempts, but couldn’t help it on the last attempt. I would also bet my life that it was that last attempt where we conceived. It was just funny sex, and not at all sexy. We laughed through most of it because the most bizarre things kept happening. I’ll spare the rest of the details.  I will say I think the chances of getting a girl are slim. My husband’s family hasn’t had a single girl going back several generations. He’s from all boys, his dad is from all boys, grandfather all boys and so on. So maybe the 50/50 probability is in our favor, but it sure doesn’t feel like it! We tried our best for a short burst of time, and no matter what are thrilled to be pregnant to complete our family whether it’s another all boy family or if we get our pink bundle.

nuthinbutpink
October 10th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Thank you so much for posting!

zanacal
October 11th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I think it sounds fantastic - good luck and make sure you keep us updated! Congratulations!

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Great job and good luck!!

lemon2012
November 9th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Hi MaggiePie!
Wow, you seem very organized. I wish you tons of pink babydust!
I am sure you are anxious but I hope you are doing well....only a few weeks right???
Just wondering why you only dtd right around o? You did o-2 and 0-1 and on o but not frequent right? Why did your OBGYN suggest that?
I know after one boy you have much better odds than two boys.
PINK BABYDUST!!! to you!

TTC5
November 9th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Wow that is quite a sway! I hope you get your girl!

Princess
November 17th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Good sway:)

Princess
November 17th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Hope you hear girl:)

maggiepie11
November 30th, 2011, 02:15 PM
so I'm just 11 weeks today, but I couldn't wait so I used Consumer Genetics mail-in lab service called Tell Me Pink Or Blue.

They look for male chromosomes in my blood, and the absence of any male chromosomes would indicate a girl, and the presence would indicate a boy. There are ways to contaminate the test and get bad results but if you follow the instructions, it's 95% accurate after 7 weeks post-conception.

I was pretty sure that we'd naturally have all boys. My first was a boy, and on my husband's side of the family there's not been a single girl for as many generations as I know about. NOT A SINGLE GIRL! so I really think this sway helped.

IT's A GIRL!!!!!

Pink dust to you all!

maggiepie11
November 30th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Hi MaggiePie!
Wow, you seem very organized. I wish you tons of pink babydust!
I am sure you are anxious but I hope you are doing well....only a few weeks right???
Just wondering why you only dtd right around o? You did o-2 and 0-1 and on o but not frequent right? Why did your OBGYN suggest that?
I know after one boy you have much better odds than two boys.
PINK BABYDUST!!! to you!

hi lemon. sorry i'm just seeing your post today. we actually didn't think the stats were in our favor as there is not a single girl born into my husband's family in at least 5 generations--I don't know beyond that. regarding our timing, I don't really buy into shettles or O+12... just my personal feeling. My OBGYN recommended abstaining until o-2, 0-1 and o just to get pregnant and that was the most important thing for us. not knowing if my husband's sperm count had declined since our first pregnancy, that timing was recommended as our best bet to get pregnant. hope that answers your question! good luck!!

HopeandDreamG
November 30th, 2011, 02:33 PM
BIG congrats to you!!!

zanacal
November 30th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Lovely news, congratulations!

lemon2012
November 30th, 2011, 06:54 PM
BIG HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!
What awesome pink news:)

Mum2boys
December 1st, 2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks for posting maggiepie and a huge congratulations! :) your sway has given me hope as my DH family is of a similar nature he is one of 6 boys so I was almost sure there wasn't much hope in getting my girl! You have proved it can happen so thank you :)

lemon2012
December 1st, 2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks for answering maggpie pie!

Such awesome news for you. You must be so estactic!
Thanks for the info..,.we dtd the same as you but dh was releasing.
Maybe we have to go next month...I still have a few days to test.
You must have had trouble getting pregnant if they suggested holding out until o-2.
NOT A SINGLE GIRL...EVERYONE WILL BE OVER THE MOON!!!!!!!!

atomic sagebrush
December 7th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Great news! Congrats!