PDA

View Full Version : Mircroarray PGD

praying for a miracle
October 11th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Hi Dr. Potter!

I wanted to get your opinion on the microarray PGD. I apologize if you have gone thru this topic on another thread before.
What are the pros and cons of this procedure? Do you recommended on somebody like me with regular pretesting but that doesn't yield many eggs? I am thinking about using it with my last cycle and I was curious what your thoughts were. I'm 34 and I have the option of choosing between 2 probe or mircoarray PGD. Which one would you recommend?

Thank you in advance for your reply,

Dr. Potter
October 20th, 2011, 02:54 AM
Hi Dr. Potter!

I wanted to get your opinion on the microarray PGD. I apologize if you have gone thru this topic on another thread before.
What are the pros and cons of this procedure? Do you recommended on somebody like me with regular pretesting but that doesn't yield many eggs? I am thinking about using it with my last cycle and I was curious what your thoughts were. I'm 34 and I have the option of choosing between 2 probe or mircoarray PGD. Which one would you recommend?

Thank you in advance for your reply,MicroArray PGD that is not GSN should really only be done with a day 5 biopsy because without the Parental Support part of GSN using the parents DNA, you cannot get accurate results from a single cell with microArray alone. So for day three GSN or FISH; For day five, anything but FISH (i.e GSN, aCGH, microarray all pretty good). Good luck and hang in there!!!

praying for a miracle
October 24th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Thank you doctor. Is it true that there are no false-positive with microarray? Would you recommend microarray more than fish(2probe) for a better success for GS?

Thank you so much,