PDA

View Full Version : Heavy 1st AF after mc

MrsGoodies
January 26th, 2017, 12:12 AM
I'm on day 5 of my first post-miscarriage AF.

So far i've had light, medium, and super heavy flow last 3 days in a row... From 12-6 pm i've been changing my maxi ever hour...and it is FULL...today every 2 hr but thats bc it was an overnight maxi and was lasting a it longer.

I passed the retained tissue on Monday (1st day of super heavy flow with huge clots to boot!). My beta hcg is now 2.

I'm relieved my body is cleaning house but the constant bleeding feels like a mc all over again :(

Hope it ends soon!

XXforhubby
January 26th, 2017, 02:15 AM
(((Huge Hugs))). I'm sending lots of strength and healing your way.

[emoji170][emoji1379]DS1, [emoji577]DS2, & [emoji602]DS3[emoji170]
[emoji166]EDD 9/30/2017 [emoji1317]for pink[emoji166]
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart (https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/579920)

Pbn3
January 26th, 2017, 04:43 AM
That sucks MrsG :( really hope the bleeding eases up soon. As you said, sounds like you're having a good clean out. Will you be ttc this cycle? Sorry again for your loss :(

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

kc15880
January 26th, 2017, 08:28 AM
its so unpredicatable isnt it! All I got for my 1st AF after D&C was 4 days of extremely light spotting between 12-6pm each day. Absolutely nothing over night or in the morning. It was so weird. Hopefully this cycle will be a good cycle for us both.

MrsGoodies
January 26th, 2017, 01:32 PM
Pbn3,

Not sure if i will be ttc or not. I was HE during the mc to boost up blood supply and only on LE for 2-3 weeks (if i O next week it will be about 3.5 weeks).... Not sure if that is long enough :(

On the other hand, i'm still slightly anemic and the first couple cycles after mc are supposed to sway girl. I'm not getting any younger...maybe being pg those hormones made a good egg for once?

It will depend on DH and if he's in the mood (we agreed to not try/not prevent...ha! Just got to keep my ocd self from peeing on opk )

atomic sagebrush
January 26th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Due to age I think it is imperative that you try as long as your doc gives you the all clear. We cannot be skipping months because we don't know when Goldie the Golden Egg will show.

Erin514
January 29th, 2017, 08:19 PM
I would go for it if I were you, Mrs Goodies. With all the blood you lost I really think that TTCing post-miscarriage would outweigh the time off diet and still sway pink (maybe I'm biased because I'm in a similar situation and have decided that for myself, though). Hope to see you on the Jan or Feb 2WW threads ;)

MrsGoodies
January 30th, 2017, 11:47 PM
I am on cd10 and still LOW on monitor (mind you I was bleeding full flow until cd8!...then when i passed the last large clot my bleeding stopped! Cold turkey! Not taper off and spotting like a normal period usually does)

My FSH on cd3 was a 2.....2!!!!! Normal for me is between 5-7

I am not sure if i will even O this month as I am not sure if this is a new cycle or still still part of my miscarriage cycle. I did not have 20 days with no bleeding (only 9 days) before starting this last 8 days. They say you have to have 20 days with no bleeding before it counts as a period after mc.

Last month, I was too terrified to BD with the retained tissue but I doubt I could have gotten pg with it still inside me.

So now I am now 2 days no bleeding and hoping to make it to 20 days no bleeding....but not sure if I will O this cycle at all....so weird to have low sticks when I usually get a surge by now.....but we BD yesterday just for fun anyhow...(i actually remembered how :wink:

atomic sagebrush
January 31st, 2017, 02:50 PM
I had that one time postpartum too. went on and on and on for what felt liek ever and then a huge clot and it stopped. (sorry TMI, I know)

I personally don't buy the 20 day rule as I've seen people get pregnant quicker. Your lining grows from inside out so you can regrow 2/5 of your lining while bleeding.

MrsGoodies
January 31st, 2017, 09:27 PM
Thank Atomic,

So you think this is a new cycle?

Think I have a chance to O?

atomic sagebrush
February 1st, 2017, 04:35 PM
There's always a chance, and remember, this cycle may be longer than normal, so let's imagine that you don't O till CD 28 or something, a little later than usual but you'd still have 20 days with no bleeding, if you catch my drift.

We had 2 people on here who got pregnant again while still lightly bleeding and many others who had barely stopped bleeding and conceived.

MrsGoodies
February 1st, 2017, 09:28 PM
Atomic,

If you O really late (like past cd20) does that mean old/overripe egg?

Not sure what is going on with me. I have ovary twinges every early morning and afternoon. No cm (but constantly feeling wet) and Low/flat out negative opk.

My temps are all over the place at 36.9-37.3 (these are post O temps for me normally)

I guess i will just keep bd as the mood hits and hope for the best (i think you mentioned that naything that strays from normal sways girl, right?)

atomic sagebrush
February 2nd, 2017, 11:53 AM
No. That idea is more for people who go many, many months without ovulating and even then after having reviewed the data, I do not believe it. There is simply a correlation between those who do not ovulate regularly and more losses, but the thing is, we KNOW that PCOS also = more losses and I believe it is entirely coincidental. Your eggs are ALWAYS there in your ovaries, sleeping, dormant, and do not "wake up" until the time is right to develop them.

But oing a tiny bit later than normal, CD 28 or 35 or even every 2-3 months is NOT a big deal at all and tons of people have normal, healthy pregnancies in longer cycles.

I did not have a period for 4 months before I got DS 4! He's totally normal and healthy

kc15880
February 12th, 2017, 08:06 AM
so what I thought was AF last month wasnt. After I had that spotting, I think I ovulated 14 days after that & then 9 days later AF arrived. The heaviest & longest bleeding of my entire life. Super heavy flow for 3 days & then moderate for 3 days & now spotting for the past 2 days. Nothing like my usual 2 days light periods. Hopefully moving forward things will be clearer. I think I will start OPK sooner this month. I dont normally O so early in a cycle (if that what is what I can call last month - but who knows!). wish me luck!

XXforhubby
February 12th, 2017, 02:18 PM
FX and loads of baby dust for you [emoji597][emoji92][emoji93][emoji94]

[emoji170][emoji1379]DS1, [emoji577]DS2, & [emoji602]DS3[emoji170]
[emoji166]EDD 9/30/2017 [emoji1317]for pink[emoji166]
https://lmtm.lilypie.com/Tub9m6.png (https://lilypie.com)

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Good luck KC!!!