PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the 2ww.

1moregirl
January 30th, 2017, 08:30 PM
Hi ladies. Took a break from GD for a little while as I just wasn't sure what I was going to do. Somehow we just completed a cycle. We BD every other day after period ended and on each day of the 3 positive OPKs that I got. I got Pos OPKs on CDs 15, 16 and 17 but only did BBT from CD 16 as the BBTing makes me nervous. Based on my Pos OPKs FF marked one vertical broken red line to indicate O on CD 17. We did the best we could with SMEP but haven't BD since CD 17. I am about 4DPO today. I'm staying as cool and relaxed and as busy as I can so as not to increase my anxiety. I guess the kids starting school this week and my baby starting kinder will help with all of that. We are also getting a red miniature poodle puppy in a few week so timewhich I am super excited about. I recently had to increase my antidepressant medication again (which I hated doing) but I feel certain that anxiety I've been experiencing is a perimenopausal symptom. I'm going to try evening primrose oil soon to help with all that and/or maybe something I've seen advertised called 'Happy Hormones'. Anyway, that's where I'm at. I am still contemplating homeschooling my older two but I decided I'm going to let them start school first as uor little girl really does enjoy it and is excited about it. I feel like I would be being selfish if I made he stay at home to be homeschooled. Sorry if I sometimes ramble on about things to do with kids instead of ttc stuff.

1moregirl
January 30th, 2017, 08:39 PM

Pbn3
January 30th, 2017, 10:42 PM
Hi 1moregirl! Subbing in to follow! I'm a couple days behind you - 1 or 2dpo, just waiting for crosshairs to appear :)

Would love if we both got our bfp this cycle! Good luck and all the best, you gave it a great shot!!

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

purple sky
January 30th, 2017, 11:20 PM
Good Luck ladies! FX for a bfp.

MrsGoodies
January 30th, 2017, 11:37 PM
Good luck 1moregirl,

I hope you see a bfp soon!

Faithinpink
January 31st, 2017, 12:56 AM
Good luck 1moregirl and pbn3 sending you baby dust and all my nausea if u want it xo

purple
January 31st, 2017, 12:58 AM
Good luck to you both!

atomic sagebrush
February 1st, 2017, 12:55 PM
Please do not take epo. We don't know how any of this works and it may make matters worse.

Re "happy hormones" estrogen dominance has never been proven. Personally, I find that it smacks of pseudoscience and medicalizing normal hormone fluctuations, and seeking out "plausible" explanations for other things that are probably misdiagnosed health problems (like thyroid and stuff). Clearly, we do experience unpleasant symptoms as we approach menopause, but until this is proven to me to be occuring in younger women because of "estrogen dominance"

There are TONS of survivors of "estrogen dominance" treatments that will testify that their symptoms only became worse when they tried the "magic herb and diet" approach the charlatans peddle. There are also tons of people on this site who were rendered infertile by Australian naturopaths (for some reason, this is a BIG THING in Australia) for months/years until I finally convinced them to stop the herbs and then their cycles normalized and they conceived.

As for the people who were helped, anyone will benefit from eating a more healthy diet and it does not prove that anyone's health problems were caused by estrogen dominance. Anyone who has gone from eating a lot of junk to eating good foods and exercising will testify you feel better. This doens't mean it's because floods of "bad estrogen" is fleeing your body!!

My point is simply that I do not want you to make matters worse pursuing a course of action based on a totally unproven idea that probably doesn't exist for any woman, let alone anyone who has not had a hysterectomy or menopause.

1moregirl
February 2nd, 2017, 05:21 AM
Thanks ladies. Atomic - do you have any other suggestions of natural therapies that can help with anxiety? Or should I push to have my thyroid levels checked again? I don't know what's wrong with doctors these days....does anyone else find they really have to PUSH to get testing done for things? I find sooo many doctors are arrogant and it's like they view their patients as inferior or something (like we are a lot less intelligent so we couldn't possibly know anything about health and what our bodies need). Anyway, I'll soldier on for now. I'llbe 7DPO tomorrow. Not sure where I got this latest new lease of courage from to ttc again but here we are. Will keep you posted. Got the kids going back to school tomorrow so looking forward to a bit of peace now actually as they have been fighting and bored the last two days. :)

atomic sagebrush
February 2nd, 2017, 11:23 AM
I know it is not very "sexy" but eating less sugar, caffeine, white flour, and exercising more.

I would consider melatonin some nights to help you sleep and also to track your cycle and see if there is a distinct pattern. I find that now I"ve realized "ok yes kristin you do feel anxious a day or so here, irritable on this day, and depressed a day or so here" that it's easier to keep perspective and realize it's my hormones playing tricks on me.

Doctors are the worst. They're fine for broken arms and ear infections and heart attacks but I believe there are some undiscovered female ailments they don't even know exist yet and we're all written off as hysterics because of doctors' lack of knowledge. Yes they're so very dismissive and it's so difficult when you feel something is wrong and they act like you're a madwoman or whatever. (((hugs))))

MrsGoodies
February 4th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Chart looking good.

Pbn3
February 4th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Can you post a pic of your chart 1moregirl?

cosmosis
February 4th, 2017, 04:32 PM
Thanks ladies. Atomic - do you have any other suggestions of natural therapies that can help with anxiety? Or should I push to have my thyroid levels checked again? I don't know what's wrong with doctors these days....does anyone else find they really have to PUSH to get testing done for things? I find sooo many doctors are arrogant and it's like they view their patients as inferior or something (like we are a lot less intelligent so we couldn't possibly know anything about health and what our bodies need). Anyway, I'll soldier on for now. I'llbe 7DPO tomorrow. Not sure where I got this latest new lease of courage from to ttc again but here we are. Will keep you posted. Got the kids going back to school tomorrow so looking forward to a bit of peace now actually as they have been fighting and bored the last two days. :)

I'm just gonna chime in here and say that it is difficult to suggest a therapy for a person without knowing their complete health history and background, but all ailments are 99.9% due to diet. Deficiencies are big deal and that's because farming practices have drastically changed and people are eating tons of processed foods AND medications that are robbing the body of essential nutrients.

You may want to look into magnesium therapy. If you are having sleep issues, anxiety, hormonal imbalances etc, your minerals, which the body needs to produce all hormones, could be depleted. There's a really good book that I have most of my clients read and its called The Magnesium Miracle Book by Dr. Carolyn Dean.

I'm also subbing :D I'm in the 2ww also... I think, lol.

1moregirl
February 5th, 2017, 12:33 AM
Thanks ladies. Yes I'll post a pic of my chart but it's not looking good IMO. I caved in yesterday and used a test I had left from another time and of course it was negative. What was I thinking? I was only 8DPO yesterday and I've never had a BFP that early anyway. Silly me! I feel disappointed already. I cancelled the Hysterescopy I had booked last Thursday, just in case, and I probably won't even be pregnant anyway. I'm probably just pumping out all old and dodgy eggs now anyway. Even my period this last cycle seemed shorter and lighter than usual. Plus I had a bit of a temp dip this morning. Yet I don't know if my BBTs this cycle are reliable because I have been taking them at different times in the mornings. I dunno....I was just feeling really hopeful because I've had sore boobs (especially the right one in particular) and when I get up to the kids or our dog in the middle of the night I am so hungry I've been having a snack. I worry that my time is running out once again. Tomorrow is finally upon me...that day I have been dreading...when the kids are at school and my 4 yr old 'baby' has his first big day (9am - 2pm) at kinder. I hate the thought of not having one of my children at home with me. Soooo sad...yet I'm trying to stay positive...picking up our new poodle puppy from the airport this Friday and tomorrow I am just going to stay out of our huose all day. Am meeting a good friend for lunch, etc...so that will all help. Plus I really need to earn some money some how. Sorry for rambling on yet again about all my gloomy affairs. Lol! I may still trial homeschooling at some stage but right now the kids both seem happy about starting back. It's just my 8 yr old boy who doesn't enjoy school too much. I just hate that when they are at school all day we don't see them. Anyway, here's my chart.

1moregirl
February 5th, 2017, 12:36 AM

MrsGoodies
February 5th, 2017, 03:26 AM
Chin up 1moregirl,

8dpo is too early!

At least you are Oing.....i am 16 dpo and swore up & down i was about to O as both ovaries have been killing me non stop for last 4 days, and my opk were looking like they were getting darker....so i got another bd in this afternoon

Now everything stopped. No o pains. And i havent had any ewcm...none...which is weird bc i had a ton 3 weeks ago (but no opk then either).

I feel so depressed ....almost 7 weeks since the miscarriage and my body is taking a long time to get back to normal.
:(

1moregirl
February 5th, 2017, 04:44 AM
I know MrsG. I really took it for granted how easy I used to fall pregnant and I have kind of been mourning for that time. When I was 40 (yep 5 years ago and a LONG time ago fertility wise), DH and I and our 2 oldest children (they were just 3 and 1 years at the time) were on holiday overseas staying with his parents and sleeping in same room with our kids. I wasn't even charting but it only took ONE night of 2 BDs in a row that just happened to occur in my fertile window and....BINGO! I was pregnant. I couldn't believe it. We had talked of doing a girl sway when we'd gotten home after our trip. But we got our beautiful little boy instead. Yet now...perhaps a combination of dodgy old eggs and maybe some scarring from the 10 wk MC and D&C and I seem to have trouble getting pregnant let alone staying pregnant. How do you think our BD pattern looks MrsG?

Anyway, I won't test again now for a few days I think. MrsG - are you doing BBTing as well Hun? Keep your chin up too Hun. Good things come to those who wait, so they say. Xx

MrsGoodies
February 5th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Thanks 1moregirl,

I think your bd pattern looks great!

I had 3 HIGH days in a row, severe. Cramping on both sides and watery cm so i thought i was going to O. We have been bd every 2 days for last week. In fact i had a little panic attack yesterday after bd bc i was so sure i would be looking at a +opk within a few hours and the memories of the mc came flooding back...so i didnt know if i wanted to be pg again so soon!

1moregirl
February 6th, 2017, 01:42 AM

I don't think my chart looks that hopeful anymore after this morning's BBT. I'm feeling quite emotionally drained today. My right breast has been extremely painful, it had me convinced I would get a BFP. Especially since our BD pattern was soooo promising and well timed. Must've been a dodgy egg or perhaps I didn't release an egg? This morning I dropped off my 2 bigger kids at school then my baby at kinder and came home sobbing myself like a big baby. I went out for a coffee with a good friend and she helped cheer me up. It is also looking like I have to have my last old dog put to sleep as he has deteriorated again and is not eating. Plus our new pup I see arriving this Thurs. right now I am sitting a hot deep bath trying to relax whilst DH is in charge of dinner and the kids. What do yuo guys think of my chart? Maybe I did O later but no sperm left to fertilise egg? Who knows? Ws worth the shot I suppose. I envy my good friend I saw today. She is 36 and pregnant with her 4th child. At her age I was pregnant with my first. I just wish I could be pregnant again just one last time.

Pbn3
February 6th, 2017, 01:50 AM
1moregirl I still think you oed cd16 or 17 so there is still definitely a chance. Lets see how your temps go over next few days, hopefully it spikes back up again. I understand very well that wanting to be pregnant one last time, that has kept me going and going this entire time :( hope your fur baby bounces back and all the best xx

MrsGoodies
February 6th, 2017, 10:58 AM
I really don't find temps that useful 1moregirl,

At our age we produce less hormones in general so the progesterone shift wont be as dramatic....plus you have no temps from earlier....you could have had lower temps to start with an your rise would look higher.

I finally got a +opk yesterday at noon ...it was negatve at 8 am and over by 8 pm. If I wasnt testing 3x per day, I would have missed it. Not sure what such a short surge means or if O is even possible with such a short/weak surge...my cbfm never even turned peak even though i had smilies on the digitals.

Dug around and had a open CP with some actual EW at 4 pm...wow....

1moregirl
February 7th, 2017, 01:22 AM
I don't know what's going on but I'm sure I'm not pregnant. Look how my BBTs are dropping. Soooo frustrating! Yesterday I caught up with my pregnant friend and today I went to the hairdresser to do something for myself while my youngest was at kinder and she tells me she is pregnant (14 weeks, a boy and her second). I'm happy for them but man.....it sucks when you are trying soooo hard and really want it and everyone around you it seems is pregnant and sporting a baby bump. What am I doing wrong? I hadn't been taking ubiquinol and only a prenatal every second or third night. I weigh 50kg but haven't been eating that much due to being busy and adjusting to my baby going off to kinder. I actually feel like my period is coming RIGHT now but that's only 11DPO. Could it be that my body tried to ovulate but actually didn't? Just an old dodgy egg? Or am I entering peri menopause? I don't know, but it definitely feels like my period is coming now. Strange....and I cancelled the Hysterescopy last Thurs just in case.

MrsGoodies
February 7th, 2017, 02:47 AM
1moregirl,

Sorry this cycle didn't work out.

When you put E on your ff chart did you actually have ewcm on those days or were they bd leftovers?

Atomic says its common for later mums to only get 1 or 2 good eggs per year ... Keep bd and resuming the ubiquinol is a goid idea also. I take 300mg per day without any problem.

atomic sagebrush
February 7th, 2017, 01:34 PM
not enough temps for me to know for sure, I'm sorry.

FX and TX for best possible outcome, whatever it may be!

atomic sagebrush
February 7th, 2017, 01:42 PM
You're not doing anything wrong, it is just that as we get older our chances decline. That's all. It doesn't mean it can't happen or won't, just that it's going to take longer and I really do think the more you get your expectations up, the more devastating it will be when it doesn't happen. Is there any way to approach this more from the angle that you're going to expect NOT to be pregnant and then it will be a wonderful miracle if/when it happens? I think that will make it easier.

1moregirl
February 7th, 2017, 09:51 PM
Thanks MrsG and Atomic. My period arrived last night at just 11DPO. That is a lot earlier than usual for me. And yes....wherever I recorded E on FF I definitely had EWCM. I usually do get it the day before my period arrives but it certainly seemed to be a bit scattered this last cycle. What does it mean if I only have a 27 day cycle and Oed on CD 17 or 18? Doesn't that mean I have a luteal phase defect? Anyway, I will definitely start back on the ubiquinol as soon as I can afford to buy it again. I held a friend's beautiful little 2 month old baby in my arms this morning and it reminded me of how much I really want to experience that just one last time. I am still really stumped about what to do with the Hysterescopy Atomic? I have rescheduled it once already and then cancelled another just last week. What if I went ahead with that but they found everything normal and I could end up with another miscarriage down the track anyway. I don't know.

1moregirl
February 7th, 2017, 09:53 PM
Also, should I take vitex? I read on Facebook somewhere a woman took vitex and ubiquinol to improve egg quality.

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2017, 05:28 PM
How sure are you about when you Oed, though? I can't tell from your chart.

Yes, it's entirely possible they'll do the HSG and find nothing. And it's also possible you'll have another loss. Nothing you're doing or not doing can prevent it from happening, it's just all the grace of God or the universe or luck or whatever you want to call it. If you're doing the HSG to prevent a miscarriage I'm sorry, they don't do that. :heart:

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2017, 05:28 PM
Also, should I take vitex? I read on Facebook somewhere a woman took vitex and ubiquinol to improve egg quality.

No, please don't take vitex as we have had terrible results with that for moms over 35.

1moregirl
February 12th, 2017, 05:37 AM
Well it looks an awful lot like I might not get the chance of ttc again now anyway. My marriage is really on the rocks. And do yuo know why? DH is angry with me....angry with me because I bought a puppy. The kid and I love our puppy to bits and he is already giving us soooo much joy, yet my DH is barely speaking to me and has been sleeping in the study. I don't know how much more I can take of him. I didn't get his permission to buy a new puppy but when he met and married me I had 3 dogs and he should've known I would always have at least one dog in my life. A while ago now the kids and I went and looked at a little puppy and our 4 yr old brought it up at the dinner table that night. My DH got fired up and told me if I got another dog he would buy a 4w drive and take off every weekend on his own. I replied to him with, "well I am not ever NOT going to have a dog." And I wanted uor children to experience the joy of owning and raising a puppy. What is wrong with that? I think he is acting in a really childish and selfish way, not to mention an unusual way. I also don't understand how anyone could look at uor puppy and not fall completely and instantly in love with him because he is absolutely perfect and adorable. What do I do? I am a huge animal lover and it's just a dream of mine to have a bit of land with quite a few animals and to homeschool our kids. I don't know how I can stay married to someone who doesn't or won't accept my love for animals, especially dogs. He is completely over-reacting. I would never prevent him from doing anything he loved. I am really tired of feeling alone and unsupported in this marriage. :( any advice ladies?

MrsGoodies
February 12th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Sit him down and find out what REALLY is going on with him bc i seriously doubt it is the puppy...just like when couples argue about the toilet seat its usually really about money, or sex or something else but they lash out at some litle thing instead.

Is he having work issues?
Health issues?
Feeling left out bc the puppy gets all the attention?

1moregirl
February 12th, 2017, 06:16 PM
I find it hard to talk to him MrsG because he just ends up raising his voice and I don't want the kids to hear that. I just don't understand it. He is the most adorable puppy you've ever seen and he just ignores it and refers to him as my dog. Last night was the third night in a row that he slept in the study. He barely speaks to me or acknowledges me, yet he is normal with the kids. Maybe it's because on the first night I had the puppy set up with his bed right next to me? He is just completely over reacting and it's not normal behaviour. I could understand his behaviour if I'd just confessed to having an affair o right something, but punishing me because I bought our family a sweet little puppy to enjoy? How can he deny us that? He said no to a 4th and final baby...so I'll be damned if he is not going to allow us a puppy. I'd choose the kids and puppy over that moody pig any day. He did go crook with me and demanded to know how much he cost....I said $500 and then he went crook that I could afford to do that when he was struggling to pay such and such....but I didn't get time to tell him that I borrowed most of the money from my Mum and intend to pay back every single cent of it when I am working. Perhaps this is it for our marriage and we'Ve come as far as we were meant to get? I am a huge animal lover. He knew that when he married me...I had 3 dogs. I told him not long ago I will NEVER not have a dog in my life and I want uor kids to experience the joy of having and raising a puppy. No man is going to change me and I really thought he loved me and accepted who I was a long time ago. I think he is the real concern of the anxiety I have been having because I don't get any support or love from him, except when he wants sex. He doesn't even understand my sadness at our baby going off to kindergarten. I feel like I am a single mum already. :(

Faithinpink
February 13th, 2017, 01:55 AM
:hug2:Sending you a huge hug 1moregirl and enjoy your new puppy xoxo

atomic sagebrush
February 13th, 2017, 03:05 PM
I got a kitten once without clearing it with my husband and he got really angry with me about it too. My mom used to do stuff like that all the time and it never occurred to me that any guy would care. But apparently he did. I have no advice, just (((hugs)))

1moregirl
February 19th, 2017, 08:25 PM
Things are ok again, although I had the last of my old doggies put to sleep this morning so been a bit teary and upset. Our new puppy will be getting cuddled all day today that's for sure. My DH I think has realised what a new puppy has meant to me now after losing two dogs and having our 2-legged baby start kindergarten. I really had been feeling like an empty-nester, yet it all isn't so bad now. We made up last Friday night (the horizontal way ;) and had a lovely weekend away with my family for my Dad's 70th birthday and all was well. I'm not temping or doing OPKs at the moment as I have been somewhat at peace with the fact that one last baby is not going to happen for us. And I'm ok with that. I sometimes already struggle with the fact that I turn 46 towards the end of this year and will have a 9, 7 and 5 yr old. I don't even know how I would cope with a pregnancy now and having a new baby with sleepless nights. I worry about another miscarriage or having a baby with abnormalities. Plus I have decided I am not going to have that Hysterescopy. All in all, wherever I'm at right now, I feel more at peace with everything than I have in a long time. I'm still undecided about the homeschooling as well, but that's ok for now. I will still pop in here from time to time to see how everyone else is going, but I think my ttc journey is finally coming to a closure ad that's okay. Xx

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2017, 01:05 PM
Wishing you the very best, 1more. (((hugs)))

Faithinpink
February 21st, 2017, 09:17 PM
1moregirl take care of yourself and your beautiful family xo
All the best x

1moregirl
February 22nd, 2017, 12:15 AM
I've been having O pains this afternoon and had to take two panadol becusae it was so painful. Also, for the last 2 days I have had that anxiety back a bit as well, which frustrates me Since I had recently increased my medication for that. But I have been sad at losing my sweet little doggy. Heartbreaking to say goodbye to a beloved dog. Now I don't have him anymore, he's taken a piece of my heart with him, and I'm just left with photos and memories and a huge vet bill to pay off. But it was worth it. It is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. Maybe I might have the courage to BD tonight. Pray for me pleAse.....xxoo

Pbn3
February 22nd, 2017, 06:29 AM
Huge hugs 1moregirl I'm so sorry about your furbaby. I'm not religious so I won't pray but instead send positive good thoughts your way. Let us know whether you decided one last go, although its good to hear you sound more at peace :)

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/519b48

MrsGoodies
February 23rd, 2017, 10:49 AM
You must be getting close to Oing if your anxiety is back. Just skip the opk...that will ease the fears and BD whenever you feel like it.

That way you arent expecting anything and can enjoy yourself.

1moregirl
February 28th, 2017, 06:10 AM
I've actually been quite good this last week. Last week my bigger two kids were home sick with tonsillitis but little one still went off to kinder. It was lovely. Yesterday they had a day off school for teacher pD and today we started our first day of trialling homeschooling. It didn't entirely go to plan but we had a great math lesson in the afternoon and we all really enjoyed it. Today was CD 22 and tonight I have been having bad lower back pains like my period is about to show up, yet it is way too early for that. The earliest cycle I've had is 28 days. I don't know what's going on. We only BD once in my fertile window (didn't use OPKs or temp but Bd on my 3rd day of EWCM). Maybe this is all a sign of perimenopause? I have my good friend's baby shower this weekend and I'm dreading it. I never had one but I planned to have one in 2015 prior to that MC. Anyway, I will go and try to enjoy it. I have accepted that another baby is not going to happen for me and I never have extra cash for ubiquinol or any other supps. But I am enjoying being a Mummy to our poodle baby. Lol!

MrsGoodies
March 1st, 2017, 02:44 AM
Post a pic of your poodle soon!

1moregirl
March 1st, 2017, 07:44 PM
Here he is.......our fluffy red poodle fur baby named Jaffa. Jaffa like the lollies/candy - red round balls that are choc-orange flavoured, coz he is round and red and sweet. We love him to bits.

Pbn3
March 1st, 2017, 08:07 PM
😍😍😍😍 too cute 1moregirl!! Just read back thru your thread and I'm glad your feeling more closure. You've been thru the wringer and certainly deserve some peace and happiness xxoo

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/519b48

MrsGoodies
March 1st, 2017, 08:34 PM
Too adorable, 1moregirl!

I don't know what was up with your DH not bonding with her. i could gobble her up!

Katt2275
March 2nd, 2017, 03:51 AM
Here he is.......our fluffy red poodle fur baby named Jaffa. Jaffa like the lollies/candy - red round balls that are choc-orange flavoured, coz he is round and red and sweet. We love him to bits.

Awww, He is adorable! Such a little doll puppy. I'm sure your kids love him too.