PDA

View Full Version : Back again and in the 2ww.

Katt2275
February 9th, 2017, 10:08 AM
Hey ladies,

Hopefully, You remember me from last year. I haven't been on since summer. I needed a break so I could obsess some more about whether or not I should even try to have another baby. Lol

DH and I decided to attempt again last night. I had a positive opk earlier yesterday afternoon. We had an unintentional extended abstinence though. Due to me having a uti, and both of us being sick with bronchitis after that, we went six weeks without bd-ing. [emoji51] That does worry me a little due to dh's age (47). What do you think Atomic?

MrsGoodies
February 9th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Hi Katt,

Good luck in the 2ww...are you over 40 also?

I wouldn't worry about the abstinence. One time I conceived twins after DH had a super long abstinence (he had shingles).

Katt2275
February 9th, 2017, 10:02 PM
Thanks MrsGoodies. I just turned 42. DH is 47. My worry is things like birth defects and miscarriage risk because of the sperm quality.

MrsGoodies
February 10th, 2017, 04:30 AM
I wouldn't worry about sperm quality. More often than not it is the egg that is the problem.

Remember OLD men father children with YOUNG women (young eggs) all the time with no issue....wish it was the same for us ladies :(

atomic sagebrush
February 10th, 2017, 06:34 PM
Hi Katt!

Remember, all the abstain stuff is simply because I don't want you guys doing it deliberately as a sway tactic. The risks are miniscule (vanishingly small) but since abstain doesn't even work, I don't want you to incur even a miniscule risk since it does nothing to help your sway. Does that make sense?

I am glad you guys went ahead and attempted. Please don't worry about the abstain, it does happen, it's just that I don't want people doing it deliberately as a tactic if we can avoid it. :)

atomic sagebrush
February 10th, 2017, 06:35 PM
I wouldn't worry about sperm quality. More often than not it is the egg that is the problem.

Remember OLD men father children with YOUNG women (young eggs) all the time with no issue....wish it was the same for us ladies :(

grr did you just see George Clooney? I was like "ok now he's going on my list alongside Steve Martin and Jeff Goldblum"

Roedinga1
February 10th, 2017, 07:11 PM
Hi Katt!

Remember, all the abstain stuff is simply because I don't want you guys doing it deliberately as a sway tactic. The risks are miniscule (vanishingly small) but since abstain doesn't even work, I don't want you to incur even a miniscule risk since it does nothing to help your sway. Does that make sense?

I am glad you guys went ahead and attempted. Please don't worry about the abstain, it does happen, it's just that I don't want people doing it deliberately as a tactic if we can avoid it. :)

Just to clarify, abstain doesn't work? Does it sway at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
February 10th, 2017, 07:27 PM
Just to clarify, abstain doesn't work? Does it sway at all?

Our results have shown it doesn't do much if anything. Not swaying blue, but not adding anything other than lowering odds of conception with the one attempt (which actually does sway). I still let people include it at first if they want to but it's among the first things I drop

Roedinga1
February 10th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Our results have shown it doesn't do much if anything. Not swaying blue, but not adding anything other than lowering odds of conception with the one attempt (which actually does sway). I still let people include it at first if they want to but it's among the first things I drop

Good to know! Thank you!