PDA

View Full Version : Desperately want a girl

Fifa
February 20th, 2017, 05:26 PM
Hi all
I'm new here and as I already have 3 boys would really like to try for a girl. I want to do my research first before I get my husband on board.
First I'm 37 and it never took me more than 6 mo this to get pregnant so I don't have fertility issues, however I Am aware age is not on my side.
My questions are
1) Where is the best place to go?
2) how many times does it take( on average)
3) around how much does it cost per go?
4) Any advice for me?

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2017, 01:56 PM
Hi and welcome! I'm sure some of our lovely ladies will chime in shortly but I do want to point out that the longer you wait, the lower your chances are. I would put a fire under yourself if at all possible to get your research done and DH on board as quickly as possible.

Good luck!

bumble123
February 22nd, 2017, 03:26 PM
Hi fifa.
I am in a similar position. I have 3 boys and 36 years old. Desperately wanting a girl to complete our family.
Check out http://www.sart.org/ to view clinic stats. From what I can see the USA is the best spot. Cyprus and other places are cheaper but again from what I see, need several attempts so probably works out just as expensive as USA. DR potter has the best results and you can view cycles on this website. You can also get a 1000dollar discount by booking a consult through the site. I did this and have just filled in form etc. I now need to wait 2 weeks to start some pretesting. After the pretesting I will get a consult with dr potter.i will have a good idea where I stand when my blood work comes back. He will have all of my history so can give me more info then. Cost for 1 cycle is 14,900 dollars.cheaper than a lot of nyc clinics which have lower stats.
I am interested in seeing how you get on whatever you decide as we are in similar situation.

adnilleinad
February 27th, 2017, 10:56 PM
Good luck with your upcoming journey!
Most ladies here go to hrc, I'm sure there are other clinics that are fabulous too. I chose it cause I did not need to do plenty of research.
I conceived the very first month of trying for a baby with my boys. At 30 and 33 years old. Still took me 4 cycles to get pregnant. If gd wasn't a issue I probably would have needed only one and perhaps a FET or 2 with remaining eggs. There are many ohw aswell, so you will never know.
I would proceed immediately though cause Ivf and high age is lowering your chances, even with high fertility.
Good luck!

Waiting4pink
March 22nd, 2017, 01:04 PM
Hi, I'm in a similar situation. I am 34 and have 3 boys. Never had any fertility issues but longing for a girl. Hoping to cycle early next year. Had not really considered USA because of the price and we will be taking boys with us on a holiday so had Cyprus in mind. I have been in contact with team miracle in Cyprus and they have been very informative, but from reading on the forums perhaps genesis is better? Any advice on this? I'm brand new to these forums so trying to work it all out.

boyshopping
March 22nd, 2017, 03:42 PM
Hi Atomic,
So HT has a lot to do with age even if you are fertile/easy conceptions in prior pregnancies?
thanks

ronahehabi
March 23rd, 2017, 08:36 PM
Hi,
I don't know a lot about the other clinics, but I had my first and only cycle at HRC with Dr Potter and was successful. We have our little girl. My job is as a scrub nurse in operating theaters, I couldn't fault anything throughout my treatment. We chose the US because of their success rates, their medical professional standards and the medical facility standards.
Hope this is helpful. Wish all the best.

Milagros
March 24th, 2017, 07:40 AM
Hi,

We were successful at SART, Bangkok, after 2 cycles and 1 transfer. I was 40.

It's been a long time since i've been on this forum and it feels like a million years since i we were in Bangok (our daughters only 13 months!!!) but please feel free to ask any questions.

Milagros.

atomic sagebrush
March 25th, 2017, 08:20 PM
Hi Atomic,
So HT has a lot to do with age even if you are fertile/easy conceptions in prior pregnancies?
thanks

Yes, unfortunately that seems to be the case. We have quite a lot of swayers 35+ who do not succeed with HT rounds and end up swaying anyway. The older you are, the lower odds of conception with HT, even if you are able to conceive easily before and after the HT rounds.

Strawberrry
March 26th, 2017, 08:21 PM
I'm in the same situation! I'm in the UK, would love a baby girl and I'm trying to decide between the US clinics. I'm 32 with a darling son and step son.

Does anyone know which clinics are set up with London clinics, to ensure all your pre-testing, meds, etc can be smoothly sorted out at home to minimise the length of your trip to the US?

Also, is there any part of this website where there are details of how many cycles required and the costs required before success? (What I'm really looking for is a rough idea of how much it will cost to get my girl through IVF - I'm 32 with no fertility issues).

Many thanks! This is my first post :-)

wendyh
April 3rd, 2017, 05:51 AM
I am 38 years old with 3 boys. I had PGD in Greece and in particular in Crete Fertility Centre in Heraklion, Crete. Every went very well. I am very satisfied from the centre and their treatment. I was in contact with them all the time during my preparation. Very friendly and accommodating/ I stayed in heraklion for only 6 days and they helped me with everything. Even with finding my hotel. Much cheaper than other centres and they really paid attention on my history. When I first contacted them, they asked a lot of questions: previous tests, womb status, I whether I had any miscarriages etc. I am really satisfied with this centre. I met many couples form other countries there and I am still in touch with them. They are all very happy with the centre.