PDA

View Full Version : Physical symptoms of high and low testosterone in women

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2011, 01:37 PM
The only way you can know your levels of testosterone for certain are by tests done by a doctor, but there are ways to tell based on personal appearance whether your testosterone is high, low, increasing, or decreasing.

:Flower:Body type - MOST variations in body type are due to genetic differences and have little to do with testosterone. Women who are higher in testosterone have more muscle mass than the average woman of the same build. They tend to carry more fat in the abdomen and chest (apple shape) rather than on the legs and rear end (pear shape), which is more common among women with normal/low testosterone.

Again, much of these differences are due to genetic factors, so it is very possible to be apple-shaped and have testosterone in the normal range, or pear shaped and high in testosterone. However, if you notice a CHANGE in your fat distribution or the amount of muscle you have, this may be evidence that your body chemistry has changed and you should take note of it.

:Flower:Changes in amount and texture of body Hair - Again, MOST variations in the amount/texture of body hair is due to genetics and not testosterone. If the rest of the women in your family tend to have a lot of body hair, you will as well, and this says nothing about your testosterone.

However, women with high/rising testosterone levels may have or develop increased hair growth on the upper lip, face, chest, lower abdomen and other parts of the body. Three areas in particular are indicative of potentially higher testosterone levels - hair on the big toe, around the nipple, and around the anus (although there are still genetic factors to consider). Additionally, as testosterone levels increase, fine body hairs may turn coarse and darken.

If your testosterone level is dropping, you may find that you have fewer and finer body hairs than before. (Personal note, when I was swaying pink and eating a low testosterone diet, I did notice that the hair on my face and around my areolas that I had had since puberty, disappeared within a matter of weeks.)

:Flower:Deepening of the voice - Some deepening of the voice occurs naturally with age, but can also be caused by increases in testosterone.

:Flower:Thinning hair on top of the head - Very high testosterone can lead to thinning hair in both men and women, called androgenic alopecia. This is one of the last symptoms to develop and is a sign your testosterone may be TOO high.

:Flower:Skin problems - If your skin is or becomes very oily and brone to breakouts, this may mean you have higher testosterone. If your skin seems thinner, dryer, and more fragile, this may mean your testosterone is low.

:Flower:Mood - Testosterone can boost confidence, strength, assertiveness, and libido. Can also make you agressive, agitated, and easily angered. PMS is believed by some researchers to result from sudden increases in testosterone. Lower testosterone can cause feelings of indecisiveness, depression, and lack of motivation.

:Flower:Sexual Symptoms - Higher testosterone causes increases in libido and may actually make your clitoris grow in size and sensitivity. Lower testosterone may cause your clitoris to shrink, your vagina to become thinner and dryer, and makes it more difficult to have an orgasm.

TTC5
March 25th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Soooo my tummy has grown a little pot belly haha is this a good sign lol ;)

atomic sagebrush
March 27th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Yes!!!!

TTC5
March 27th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Good ;)

lola111
July 8th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Good ;)

Hello atomic :)

I have read that you were on low testosterone diet. I have just been tested and my testosterone levels came out high.

What foods did you eat and which did you avoid? What about supplements, did you take any?

Any help will be much appreciated

lola111
July 8th, 2011, 02:19 PM
The only way you can know your levels of testosterone for certain are by tests done by a doctor, but there are ways to tell based on personal appearance whether your testosterone is high, low, increasing, or decreasing.

:Flower:Body type - MOST variations in body type are due to genetic differences and have little to do with testosterone. Women who are higher in testosterone have more muscle mass than the average woman of the same build. They tend to carry more fat in the abdomen and chest (apple shape) rather than on the legs and rear end (pear shape), which is more common among women with normal/low testosterone.

Again, much of these differences are due to genetic factors, so it is very possible to be apple-shaped and have testosterone in the normal range, or pear shaped and high in testosterone. However, if you notice a CHANGE in your fat distribution or the amount of muscle you have, this may be evidence that your body chemistry has changed and you should take note of it.

:Flower:Changes in amount and texture of body Hair - Again, MOST variations in the amount/texture of body hair is due to genetics and not testosterone. If the rest of the women in your family tend to have a lot of body hair, you will as well, and this says nothing about your testosterone.

However, women with high/rising testosterone levels may have or develop increased hair growth on the upper lip, face, chest, lower abdomen and other parts of the body. Three areas in particular are indicative of potentially higher testosterone levels - hair on the big toe, around the nipple, and around the anus (although there are still genetic factors to consider). Additionally, as testosterone levels increase, fine body hairs may turn coarse and darken.

If your testosterone level is dropping, you may find that you have fewer and finer body hairs than before. (Personal note, when I was swaying pink and eating a low testosterone diet, I did notice that the hair on my face and around my areolas that I had had since puberty, disappeared within a matter of weeks.)

:Flower:Deepening of the voice - Some deepening of the voice occurs naturally with age, but can also be caused by increases in testosterone.

:Flower:Thinning hair on top of the head - Very high testosterone can lead to thinning hair in both men and women, called androgenic alopecia. This is one of the last symptoms to develop and is a sign your testosterone may be TOO high.

:Flower:Skin problems - If your skin is or becomes very oily and brone to breakouts, this may mean you have higher testosterone. If your skin seems thinner, dryer, and more fragile, this may mean your testosterone is low.

:Flower:Mood - Testosterone can boost confidence, strength, assertiveness, and libido. Can also make you agressive, agitated, and easily angered. PMS is believed by some researchers to result from sudden increases in testosterone. Lower testosterone can cause feelings of indecisiveness, depression, and lack of motivation.

:Flower:Sexual Symptoms - Higher testosterone causes increases in libido and may actually make your clitoris grow in size and sensitivity. Lower testosterone may cause your clitoris to shrink, your vagina to become thinner and dryer, and makes it more difficult to have an orgasm.

Hello atomic

I have read that you were on low testosterone diet. I have just been tested and my testosterone levels came out high.

What foods did you eat and which did you avoid? What about supplements, did you take any?

Any help will be much appreciated

atomic sagebrush
July 9th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I answered this on the other thread but just for anyone else who stumbles onto this, I do want everyone to know that if your T levels are high enough to be diagnosed by a doctor, he/she will be able to prescribe you medications that will lower your T levels. Most of us do not need these medications and can lower T via diet and supps but if you really have a medical need for medication, it will only help your pink sway.

XXdreaming
August 2nd, 2011, 12:47 AM
This might be a stupid question, but the hair on body I think men and it being dark, can it be blonde? I have fine hairs on chest but their blonde and I am a dark brown hair person, even though this could be genetics I understand but could it be higher testosterone also? And since I started all this swaying I noticed I have very fine hair on upper lip but its also very blonde (in other words its not enough to see it unless you look real close on chest and lip) so can this be slightly higher testosterone or does it have to be dark or coarse? (I will be lower testestorone to be on safe side but wondering how much I should work on that lol)

atomic sagebrush
August 6th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Yes, you can have light body hairs if you're a woman. The dark, coarse hairs are more indicative of T levels but the blondies matter too. If it's just "peach fuzz" that doesn't matter, but if you have big hairs even if they are blonde, that can mean higher T.

Working to lower T never hurts a pink sway and may help. ;)

Navywife620
January 17th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I have an odd question, I always get this long dark piece of hair on the bottom of my chin and I need to pluck it. Could this be a sign I have high T?

atomic sagebrush
January 20th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Yes, it can mean that. I just want to let you know that I had one from when I was 18 years old until I was 38 and went on a TTC girl diet, it went away and has not been back since. That having been said, I did conceive a boy after that hair went away.

littlemissnaughty7
February 10th, 2012, 10:18 AM
is there any supps you can buy to lower your testosterone as i have a hair too, and on my big toe ?

atomic sagebrush
February 10th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Saw palmetto, weight loss, and diet will all lower your testosterone. :agree: Those are the safest things and best-proven for swaying.

coffee
April 26th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I am sooo hairy lady . It us very strong and black
My voice is deep
Ever 10 days i have to use wax
I rarely have orgame
I am a mother of 4 girls
Your comment please
On my T

motherofboys
April 26th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Ok after reading this I'm certain my own testosterone levels are on the higher side and not helping my all boy family LOL I'm quite hairy even though I am fair haired.
I am very slim but I have a higher muscle mass (not as high as it used to be since I don't do any form of exercise now)
My skin is terrible, at almost 27 I still have the spotty skin of a teenager. Its actually been a little better during this pregnancy (which was a surprise at it was awful with my others)
Always had a higher sex drive. I had a lack of cm when we conceived this time but that as due to breastfeeding.
I used to be quite short tempered and aggressive when I was younger but I did have a lot of issues going on at the time and am much better now, although I have low confidence and a history of depression so on that point I have had both sides, but that stems from environment rather than hormone levels.

atomic sagebrush
April 26th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Most of the time body hair is totally genetic, so if your family members have Same with voices, my children all have identical voiced (even my daughter). There is really no way to say on the basis of a few characteristics what your T levels are - and we don't even KNOW what your T levels have to be - if it's a particular level, or if they are supposed to be going up or going down.

Swaying is about a lot more than just testosterone, don't ever feel like you are "doomed" to have only girls!!

motherofboys
April 26th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Oh I know I could still sway, or even that this one could by some small chance (boyish looking nub and didn't know about swaying so very little changed) be a girl. I'm just seeing more and more things to explain our all boy family so far.
It all seems to make sense and sort of gives me more hope, before I found this site I thought it was all down to DH boy heavy family and that we had little to no chance of a girl. If there are things I can see with in myself that I can change it makes me feel swaying could, potentially work for us. I know its not 100% and people have failed sways. Not sure if I'm explaining myself very well or just rambling LOL

atomic sagebrush
April 27th, 2013, 01:51 PM
No not at all, I was really more answering the prev. poster and somehow I didn't see your post till after - made it look like I was replying to you.

I am 1000% convinced that gender has to be based on cues from the environment and not anything unchangeable, because it would be a bad idea for genes to link themselves to one gender only - the first time a war came through and killed off most of the males, that woudl be a genetic dead end!!

Lujza
June 20th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Will low testosterone make me feel more feminne? My testosteron level is 63 and I am 22 years old.

atomic sagebrush
June 21st, 2013, 01:10 PM
Will low testosterone make me feel more feminne? My testosteron level is 63 and I am 22 years old.

I sort of think "feminine" is largely in the mind and prob. has very little to do with T levels in and of themselves. One of the most outwardly feminine women I ever met, petite, beautiful, and glamorous, was a mean and competitive bulldog in terms of personality, and had tons of sons.

ficus
October 11th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Atomic, could you possibly post the link to your low testosterone diet? I might just be blind, but I can't find it....;-)

atomic sagebrush
October 11th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Atomic, could you possibly post the link to your low testosterone diet? I might just be blind, but I can't find it....;-)

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-girl/16780-low-everything-diet-nutshell-version.html

from2to3
December 4th, 2013, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=atomic sagebrush;3164

Women who are higher in testosterone have more muscle mass than the average woman of the same build. They tend to carry more fat in the abdomen and chest (apple shape) rather than on the legs and rear end (pear shape)

This is so depressing to me because, though people usually call me petite, I naturally have a more athletic build and more muscle. :( Praying this is genetics and not testosterone. My legs are almost solid muscle, even if I don't exercise, just walking around and chasing kids keeps them that way. Been so confused what to do with the exercise part because with my first boy I was running at a so so pace 1-3 days a week for 1-3 miles, the second boy I was probably at the least muscle mass I've been - just two months after ACL reconstructive surgery. So this time I tried running everyday mid afternoon without snacks and more intensity but only 30 min (all I have time for with kids and then I get weak). Hoping that still losing weight from just getting off the pill and no breakfast this time will pull me through....

atomic sagebrush
December 5th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I also am petite but with a lot of muscle and I was able to get a girl with swaying! :)

Anthony
March 29th, 2018, 11:55 AM
Hi. My testosteron level is 0.82 nmol/L
is it high or low? Tnx

atomic sagebrush
March 29th, 2018, 01:34 PM
A teensy bit below normal but that's ok, the diet and supplements and exercise will help to boost that and help you sway blue. We are not even sure that testosterone levels even matter.

Chomzi
April 12th, 2018, 04:10 AM
A teensy bit below normal but that's ok, the diet and supplements and exercise will help to boost that and help you sway blue. We are not even sure that testosterone levels even matter.

Wow! Reading really does good.
Am larger on arms,upper area,abdomen,my thighs basically don't move(haha) no body hairs, but we got that from my mum she's stiff,in her late 40's and she had 6 boys and 5 girls.

Am also used to taking raw garlic.
I hope it helps in my blue sway.

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2018, 12:28 PM
Wow your mom is a superhero! That's so awesome! :)

Chomzi
April 12th, 2018, 05:21 PM
Yes,she tried but that was a long journey

atomic sagebrush
April 13th, 2018, 02:01 PM
I can imagine, bless her. :heart:

Thinkingofthree
May 20th, 2018, 01:42 AM
Ive been doing LE diet for 10 weeks now for a pink sway and I haven’t noticed any change to my body hair. I have hair in the same weird places (toes, areola, and a few facial/chin hairs - ugh to all of the above). Is this a bad sign that perhaps I’m not doing the LE diet as effectively as I should be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
May 20th, 2018, 11:23 AM
Most hair is genetic and not testosterone-related.

Please don't overthink things like this. We know that time on diet has mattered most and we have not seen any definitive links between hair amount and success on a sway.

If you're concerned about it you can always switch over to the alternate diet and you can find that here:http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html

Thinkingofthree
May 20th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Most hair is genetic and not testosterone-related.

Please don't overthink things like this. We know that time on diet has mattered most and we have not seen any definitive links between hair amount and success on a sway.

If you're concerned about it you can always switch over to the alternate diet and you can find that here:http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html

Thanks, I’ll blame it on genetics [emoji4]

Throwaway_panther
May 20th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Ive been doing LE diet for 10 weeks now for a pink sway and I haven’t noticed any change to my body hair. I have hair in the same weird places (toes, areola, and a few facial/chin hairs - ugh to all of the above). Is this a bad sign that perhaps I’m not doing the LE diet as effectively as I should be?

I got a DD after doing a totally unintentional hardcore LE sway.I was still hairy! I'm just of a swarthy ethnicity :P So yes, your hair might just be genetics!