PDA

View Full Version : Overseas options for PGD

Mumel
March 13th, 2017, 06:15 AM
Hi all
I'm new to this site and at the beginning of my journey. I have 3 sons and would love a daughter to complete our family. I think gender selection OS is our only option as I don't want to have another baby unless I'm happy to have another boy.
There seems to be more information about services in California through gender selection Australia. Are there others that people would recommend? Has anyone been to Thailand or Hawaii?

netti02
March 13th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Gender selection Australia are probably the most helpful and I know more of. They can provide price and expectations quickly. They also have high transfer percentage rates. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BrightSky
March 13th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Hi Mumel,
I think California is the easiest and safest (although expensive) option. I think Thailand might still offer it, but after all the surrogacy stuff that went down recently it's not promoted and is making people uneasy with all the unrest around it. I halfheartedly looked into Hawaii, I think a few ladies on here have gone, no one got back to me though so I didn't pursue it. Greece seems to be an option, but Im not sure how good their results are, but if you are relatively young and healthy it might be ok. Good luck, when are you thinking of going? There is lots of information here to help you along the way!

Milagros
March 24th, 2017, 07:34 AM
Hi Mumel,

I went through SART in Bangkok in 2015 and have a 13 month old daughter.

Please feel free to ask questions. I'm no expert on PGD but i'm happy to chat.

Cheers,

Milagros.

netti02
March 24th, 2017, 07:42 AM
Hi Milagros

Are SART still doing PGD for gender? I thought they stopped.

Thanks

Milagros
March 24th, 2017, 03:41 PM
Hi netti02,

As far as i'm aware they're still doing PGD for family balancing. I know a girl who was there in January, so perhaps they have changed things since then??

Milagros

netti02
March 24th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Thanks. Do you know the cost and etc thanks

Milagros
March 25th, 2017, 06:04 AM
Hi netti02,

I was there 2 years ago so i'm sure things are different now but i think we spent about $30k, which included 2 cycles, 1 transfer, 1/2 the meds (1/2 bought in Oz), freezing of embryos, the pgd, flights, accommodation, i think that's it.

You're welcome to PM me if you's like.

Milagros.

gloria14
March 25th, 2017, 09:50 PM
Hi Mumel,

Cheers,

Milagros.
Hello i have 3 beautiful girls and I really wanting a boy. How was the process and the price. Did you get pregnant after first try.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Milagros
March 26th, 2017, 06:09 AM
Hi Gloria14,

Regarding price details, if you scroll back up i have briefly outlined costs.

Regarding the process, it was extremely professional, couldn't fault it.

if you would like more details please feel free to PM me.

Milagros

stillbirthmumma
March 26th, 2017, 07:50 AM
I just got from team miracle in cyprus for GS. They were about $15000- $20000 all up.

netti02
March 26th, 2017, 07:33 PM
I just did a quick browse for team miracle. Seems really professional and value for money. Hotels and food seem cheap. Flights are abit more expensive but its definitely worth looking into.

Could I ask how much the cycle for GS cost.

Thanks

Team_Blue
May 3rd, 2017, 02:54 AM
Hi Mummel,
Have you progressed any further with searching for an overseas option for Gender Selection?
My husband & I have not long returned from the US back to Aus after our first fresh cycle and transfer of 1 embryo. Unfortunately for us, our first transfer was unsuccessful and we ended up with a negative result... but we are now considering traveling back in the coming months to try again with an embryo we have frozen from this cycle.
Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Mumel
May 4th, 2017, 06:33 AM
Thanks Team_Blue
I haven't really looked into it further, I did contact GSA and a Hawaiian clinic but haven't taken it further. I go through phases, when I'm thinking more rationally I know it's not really a practical option and would be quite a difficult process. I'm in country SA and it doesn't seem very well supported here so I'd need multiple trips to Melbourne to get it sorted. The costs would blow out so quickly. Not sure I'm in a position to be able to go through with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aussiegirl
May 14th, 2017, 05:33 AM
Hi Mummel,
Have you progressed any further with searching for an overseas option for Gender Selection?
My husband & I have not long returned from the US back to Aus after our first fresh cycle and transfer of 1 embryo. Unfortunately for us, our first transfer was unsuccessful and we ended up with a negative result... but we are now considering traveling back in the coming months to try again with an embryo we have frozen from this cycle.
Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Hi team blue,
We have 2 beautiful boys but long for a daughter to complete our family. I've just started down the path to start PGD IVF in Hawaii and would love to ask you some questions?
I'm wondering if you did retrieval and transfer in same trip? (Clinic recommending 2 trips but blows out cost)
Also how did you get the IVF drugs locally in aus (Hawaiian clinic don't ship here due to refrigeration apparently but my OB won't prescribe?!?). I'm Melbourne based if you know anyone??
Is there anything we should be watching out for or asking?
Thanks in advance

frankie2017
May 16th, 2017, 09:30 PM
I just got from team miracle in cyprus for GS. They were about $15000- $20000 all up.

Hi there - I wondered is that in US dollars ? Thanks ! Were you successful or was that just a quote you got so far? Thanks !

frankie2017
May 16th, 2017, 09:48 PM
Hi team blue,
We have 2 beautiful boys but long for a daughter to complete our family. I've just started down the path to start PGD IVF in Hawaii and would love to ask you some questions?
I'm wondering if you did retrieval and transfer in same trip? (Clinic recommending 2 trips but blows out cost)
Also how did you get the IVF drugs locally in aus (Hawaiian clinic don't ship here due to refrigeration apparently but my OB won't prescribe?!?). I'm Melbourne based if you know anyone??
Is there anything we should be watching out for or asking?
Thanks in advance

Hi Aussiegirl, What are costs looking like for you doing this in Hawaii?

Aussiegirl
May 17th, 2017, 05:30 PM
Hi Aussiegirl, What are costs looking like for you doing this in Hawaii?

Hi,

At this stage just quotes but approx USD$18k + flights/Accor then $1.5k to freeze any remaining embryos and $4.5k for subsequent implants.

Not sure how this compares to others?

House of boys
June 16th, 2017, 12:28 AM
Hi Gloria14,

Regarding price details, if you scroll back up i have briefly outlined costs.

Regarding the process, it was extremely professional, couldn't fault it.

if you would like more details please feel free to PM me.

Milagros

Hi I'm new to this site and I'm just starting to investigate options for Gender selection in either the US or Thailand. I currently have two sons and would love a daughter I'm just wondering whether you would be happy for me to PM you about your experience in Thailand. I'm also Australian so like the idea of Thailand because it is so much closer than the US and it also seems like it is likely to be quite a bit cheaper. TIA

pam27
July 9th, 2017, 11:38 PM
hi,
I am planning to go to SART in November. any information will be helpful. also what was your experience ...where did you stay, did you do the entire cycle there? would love to chat further.

pam27
July 9th, 2017, 11:43 PM
hi ,

can you please provide me with some more information. I am thinking of going to SART in nov-dec 2017. any help will be great. also did you do the entire cycle there?

Hi Mumel,

Cheers,

Milagros.

frankie2017
July 12th, 2017, 11:06 PM
hi ,

can you please provide me with some more information. I am thinking of going to SART in nov-dec 2017. any help will be great. also did you do the entire cycle there?

Hi Pam - have you worked out what the whole process will cost yet? Are you going from Aus? Ta

blue2017
July 19th, 2017, 06:25 AM
hi just had talk with sart executive at bangkok . going to meet them next month for knowing all the details regarding gendar planning.if anyone wants detals please contact them iam providing the contact information of thaisart
Contact us

Address : 1126/2 Vanit Building II, Lobby floor, New Petchburi Road, Makkasan, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400
Phone : +66 2 035 1400
Hotline : +66 8 1255 2120
Fax : +66 2 035 1414
Email : services@thaisuperiorart.com

mddedf
November 5th, 2017, 11:00 PM
I am mother of two girls, from Melbourne, and would love to go to Sart soon for a boy. I am just wondering which doctor we should choose. I heard different doctors have different methods, which impacts the outcome. Thanks!

BathurstMum
January 23rd, 2018, 05:57 AM
Hi,

At this stage just quotes but approx USD$18k + flights/Accor then $1.5k to freeze any remaining embryos and $4.5k for subsequent implants.

Not sure how this compares to others?

Hi Aussiegirl,
Can I ask what clinic you were in contact with?
We are looking into travelling to Hawaii to do GS

Walkerbabies
February 5th, 2020, 10:09 PM

When you were in Cyprus, have you heard about Dunya IVF? Searching for reviews on this clinic since I'm seriously considering going there.