PDA

View Full Version : White horehound tea

Zivic-Bubac
October 15th, 2011, 07:24 AM
I was not sure where to post this, maybe Gender Swaying section would be OK as well...

Anyway, a good friend of mine is TTC her first, she is 38 and has diabetes, no gender preferences ( I don't believe that :p) just desperate for a baby. She and her partner are trying for quite a while and she began to look for traditional medicine cures.
She told me about white horehound tea ( Marrubium vulgare s. Marrubii herba), it's traditional cure here on Balkan for infertility, wacky cycles and hormone disbalance. If you speak any of Balkan languages, check Infertility and TTC forums, tons and tons of great experiences and happy endings :pregnant:

Sometimes 1 cycle of it seems to be enough, although it usually takes 3-4 cycles to get a baby. It helps with ovulation and apparently creates lots of EWCM :agree:

You drink it 3 times a day ( on forums they recommend wine glass of it???? I don't get why it has to be wine glass :think:) preferably after meal, from the last day of AF -> O so not too long lol!

Steep the tea for 30 minutes, then starin. Warning : it's bitter like h***, don't be fooled by 'intriguing spicy taste' :rolleyes: It's best to make it in the morning, put the whole amount (about 6dl) in the fridge and drink after brekkie, lunch and dinner.

However, I couldn't find ANYTHING in English about its curative effects on woman's reproductive system :confused: You'll find alot info how great it is for bronchial problems, cough, sore throat blah, blah who cares about that LOL!

I've started it this morning :bigsmile: I want to give it a try :agree:

If any of you manage to find something about its effects in English, please share! :wink:

P.S. I have more traditional remedies for high FSH for example?

ELP
October 15th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Keep us posted ZB!, it sounds like interesting stuff:agree:

Wanting a daughter
October 23rd, 2011, 03:37 AM
Hi ZB,
thanks for the link. Bloody good vintage that 1972 isn't it. Guess that also makes you a Libra..???
Where do you get this stuff?

Zivic-Bubac
October 24th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Bloody good vintage that 1972 isn't it. Ha, ha, you bet it is! ;D
Here all teas are available in health food stores and there are few stores specialized in curative teas. I took 200g, if I'm not pg this cycle, it will sure last for the next one :agree:

P.S. Yep, I'm a Libra, asc. Capricorn :)

Wanting a daughter
October 27th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Thanks ZB, not quite sure what we are going to do yet but if we do go ahead and try something again I'll have a look for this stuff.
Cheers

atomic sagebrush
June 23rd, 2012, 03:54 PM
Sorry I just now saw this.

Horehound is a phytoestrogen (like soy and red clover) which may indicate that it interferes/blocks production and use of your body's natural estrogen. Plus, it lowers blood sugar. Big unknown for safety during pg. The only possible thing I can see that would indicate blue is that it is an expectorant that makes mucus, but from what I could find that only works on your digestive tract and not your VJ (you'd be better off just doing Robi/Muci). I would give this one a pass until more is known - I just hate to see you guys taking risks on things when we already have things we know sway blue and get the job done. I'd like to see several people (on other sites) take a chance on horehound and then when 50-100 of them have used it, we can take that info and decide from there how it's working.

Using red rasp. leaf tea will accomplish the same thing without the same level of risk to your sway and baby.