PDA

View Full Version : Supplements for egg quality?

daniellawantsgirl
March 23rd, 2017, 10:12 AM
Wondering what the best supplements are for egg quality. I am 36 (in 1 month) AMH is 1.73 and I will be doing IVF likely retrieval in 3-4 months. I take prenatal, folate, vitamin C and E, as well as fish oils. I am in the process of weaning so not sure if ubquinol is safe!?? I have heard a lot about myoinstiol, DHEA, melatonin, and wheat grass?! Does any one know about these? And when to start taking these? I understand it takes about 3 months to make a difference on the egg quality. I am doing IVF for gender and have had 2 miscarriages in the past. Thank you!!! I am very new to all of this.

amandaj001
March 23rd, 2017, 11:45 AM
I just finished ivf. I did vitamin d and c, fish oil, coq10 ubiquinol, and folate. I got 7 eggs, 6 fertilized, 5 made it to blasts and we got 3 pgs normal embryos. I truly believe the supplements helped. I took them for 3 months prior to ivf start. Good luck! I also had my hubs do OLE, fish oil and coq10 ubiquinol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daniellawantsgirl
March 23rd, 2017, 01:48 PM
That's a great number of normals!!! Yeah, congrats! When do you do your FET?
I am also taking vitamin D. Good luck!

amandaj001
March 23rd, 2017, 08:14 PM
That's a great number of normals!!! Yeah, congrats! When do you do your FET?
I am also taking vitamin D. Good luck!

Oh good! We are using a surrogate so we are going through all of the medical clearance and psych evals right now so hopefully in May!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daniellawantsgirl
March 23rd, 2017, 10:33 PM
Yeah !! That's wonderful!

atomic sagebrush
March 26th, 2017, 12:18 PM
I would not take any more than 100% Vit E so if you're taking more than that, wean off.

NO more than 500 mg Vit C total, if taking more, wean back

Usually the amount in a prenatal is all you need on stuff like that.

Ubiquinol should be fine for your baby even if nursing. While no studies exist, it's in food and breastmilk naturally. (I take it while nursing) I'd stay at 100 mg until baby is weaned tho

No wheatgrass, it may interfere with your IVF meds

No myoinositol unless your doctor has you take it. It is NOT RIGHT for everyone to take. Same with DHEA and they need to do blood tests before you start the DHEA to show that you are even deficient in it. DHEA is really really hard on you to take it if you do not need it, and can actually prevent you from conceiving if you take too much when you don't need any. Please do not just take this.

Melatonin - this has been shown to help with egg quality, however you cannot take it during pregnancy as it's been shown to cause developmental delays when taken during pregnancy, and you can't just stop taking it either once you get a BFP because your body needs a certain amount of melatonin to support the pregnancy. Even weaning off it feels too risky to me because we don't know how it works to sustain the pregnancy really and nor do we know when it really causes the most harm to a fetus either. So ONLY use melatonin if you are doing JUST egg retrieval and then will later on do a frozen transfer. (you can wean off gradually after you do ER, so it is out of your system before pregnancy) Do NOT NOT NOT take melatonin if doing a fresh transfer and you'll be pregnant in the same month you have taken it.

Note - if anyone out there reading this has already done so, please don't panic, just start weaning off it right now. Do not stop cold turkey, that is worse than weaning off of it. Space doses further and further out till down to one per week then drop it.