PDA

View Full Version : Greasy Hair

Mochagirl
October 16th, 2011, 09:48 AM
I have a new and annoying pregnancy symptom that I've never had before. Greasy hair! Normally I can get away with shampooing every other day, but for the past week or so my hair just always looks greasy - even if I've just washed it that morning! Anyone else had this before while pregnant?

zanacal
October 16th, 2011, 11:21 AM
I don't have greasy hair - but mine is falling out by the handful! I didn't think you were meant to shed hair during pregnancy? Aren't we an attractive bunch?!

Mochagirl
October 16th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Aren't we an attractive bunch?! :rofl:

shouldihope?
October 16th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Mine is falling out too. It was all over my pillow. Strange.

zanacal
October 16th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Very! The only thing I found with a Google search is that it's not uncommon and that it can be related to lack of nutrition - also that the level of hairloss I'm getting is still probably considered normal even though it's rather a lot! DH had to buy some stuff to unblock the plug in our shower this week :D

Hobbermittens
October 16th, 2011, 09:23 PM
The hair is on a 3 month cycle, I think? So if your hair is falling out NOW from lack of nutrition, it could be from what you did/didn't do during your sway. I think.?:think:

3Pink1Blue
October 16th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Mine's greasy and falling out, talk about attractive lol

shouldihope?
October 16th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Good point Hobber. I did not think about that. Bet my unhealthy diet had a lot to do with it. My extreme lack of protein, maybe?Unfortunately I do not have thick hair to begin with so hopefully it turns around quickly.

nicnee1976
October 19th, 2011, 05:24 PM
I had greasy hair with DS3 and bad skin too. I had thick, dry and wavy hair with DS1 and DS2 and this time just more silky, not greasy.

purplepoet20
October 21st, 2011, 03:36 PM
I have been on the full girl type diet for about 6mths and my hair is very greasy. I used to have very dry wavy hair before. It only falls out when I am nursing so it has been good this month.

Proud-Mummy26
October 24th, 2011, 11:12 PM
I've had greasy hair with this pregnancy. It's very annoying!

CapricornAquarius
October 30th, 2011, 06:50 PM
My skin & hair is feeling greasy. What women have to go through :sigh:
Dd1:ballerina: Dd2 :giggle: & OMG Im :pregnant:

zanacal
October 31st, 2011, 05:45 AM
Mine is still coming out by the handful - luckily I have lots of it!