PDA

View Full Version : Mum's age vs baby age gap

Babybeaublue
April 2nd, 2017, 06:02 AM
HI!
I can't believe I'm actually back on here contemplating ttc again:nails: 5 kids are hard work not to mention the cost of everything... I guess I just cannot let go of the hope of having a DS some day.
Anyway, in Oct this year I will be 38, and while I know it's by no means over the hill, it's really the latest I would want to leave getting pregnant. My problem is that dd5 will only be 2 next month and I'm constantly hearing how bigger age gaps are better for ttc blue. I want to enjoy her for as long as possible before bringing another baby into the family, she is so clingy and won't let me move without her so waiting til she is in nursery would have been a better plan, but she won't start there until Sept 2018.
Any thoughts/advice appreciated :happy:

trifecta
April 2nd, 2017, 03:28 PM
I think by small age gaps they mean TTC within a year or so of giving birth. If your youngest is already two that shouldn't sway pink.

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2017, 04:43 PM
2 is a fine time to TTC. The age gap thing I worry about is when people's babies are like 2 weeks old and they're planning on TTC in 3 months (this actually ahppens!)

I got my 4th boy at 39!