PDA

View Full Version : If You Knew

CapricornAquarius
October 16th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I have 2 wonderful girls and have been swaying for the past 5months, Ive ttc twice within those 5months and now Im starting to think what if this whole swaying thing doesnt really work. Im just struggling with the whole idea that really Im taking a 50/50 shot and Im so not ready to do that.

I know I would like another child but only if its a boy, but gees if only it was that easy.

My question to you ladies is, if you knew that you would get your 3rd boy/girl, would you have tried at all????

Just need some help to make my final decision & maybe if I hear your stories I can reconsider or be done with my family of 4.

I so applaud you ladies who have just gone for it, cause Im the type of person who needs to know atleast 90% before I do anything, makes me so cranky at times. You know the saying, "your not living if you dont take risks in life" but this is just too big of a risk to take for me, but then its also the not knowing "what if" that will kill me, but then conceiving another girl, will probably kill me even more - so sorry Im just rambling

DD1 :ballerina: DD2 :giggle:

nuthinbutpink
October 16th, 2011, 08:46 PM
I always wanted 3 kids, so yes, I would have still tried. We just had a party today- my family is so large with my sister and her kids and my brothers, etc. it was a lot of fun. I want my kids to grow up in a big family because that is what I did and all of my memories are good ones.

CapricornAquarius
October 16th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I always wanted 3 kids, so yes, I would have still tried. We just had a party today- my family is so large with my sister and her kids and my brothers, etc. it was a lot of fun. I want my kids to grow up in a big family because that is what I did and all of my memories are good ones.

Thank you nbpink. I came from a family of 6 and it was so great, so why am I such a big chicken.

Wow Congratulations with your bfp :bluesperm:.

begonia
October 16th, 2011, 09:09 PM
CA, I'm with NBP in that it was for sure I wanted three kids. That to me was more important. Even though I never, ever would have picked 3 girls if it was up to me ... I'm glad we're having a 3rd, and honestly I can't yet say I'm glad it's a girl, but I am glad we are having a 3rd. I am sure you adore your girls as I do mine, and I am sure as soon as I lay eyes on this one I'll fall right in love too. But I do think I will probably still wish I'd gotten a boy along with the girls, which is why now I kick around the idea of a 4th kid. That however would SOLELY be for a shot at a boy, which is why I think having 4 would be a bad idea for me right now.

We got pg 1st month we actually TTC, but I spent 9 months eating like a boy mom, dropping my beloved running to do weights, taking supps (and making sure DH took his) .... I definitely wouldn't have gone through all of that had I known I was ending up with girl #3. BUT, I still would have gotten pregnant, and on my tougher GD days that is what I keep reminding myself. I wanted 3 kids. I am getting 3 kids. And right now, all of them seem to be healthy, so I keep focusing on that for the blessing that it is.

It's a tough call, it really is. If you know though that you loved growing up in a big family then maybe it is worth the risk for you? Neither DH nor myself had more than 1 sibling (we both come from pigeon pairs) and while we thought it sounded fun to have more than one, both of us are a little scared about what we're getting into since we didn't see it growing up. At least you have that experience to keep reminding yourself that the bonus sibling will be a great thing for your kids!

CapricornAquarius
October 16th, 2011, 09:23 PM
Begonia - Thank you for sharing your story & Congratulations with baby No3.

I to have always imagined myself with 3 kids, just dont know if I will let it happen.

Dd1 :ballerina: Dd2 :giggle:

Hobbermittens
October 16th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Capricorn, I am in a similar spot to you now. I was one of 3, and I wanted a 3rd, but after she was born a girl (she was also an "oops") I was dead set on trying for a boy. Now that my attempt is here, I am terrified. I am not sure I can handle 4 kids, we are already a bit over-extended financially, and I wonder how my parents, in-laws etc. will react to us having a 4th (we haven't told them we plan to TTC). I wish I had planned my 3rd and had swayed with her, because if she had been the boy I wanted, great; but if she were still a girl, well, I would be where I am now with a manageable amount of children. I wish there was a crystal ball that could tell me if my sway would work. If I knew 100% that I would have a girl, I wouldn't try. I know that isn't a very good attitude to go into this with, so I am stressed about trying. The thing is, I know I will regret it if I don't try, and I know I will regret it if it doesn't work... so either way, I am screwed.

Mochagirl
October 16th, 2011, 09:51 PM
I freak out all the time about whether or not we made the right decision to try for #4. Honestly, if I knew there was no chance of a girl, I don't think we would have tried, for all the same reasons Hobbermittens mentioned...I'm not sure we can actually afford 4 kids, and I know everyone in our lives is going to think we're crazy when we tell them I'm pregnant again. Part of me worries my gd is going to be worse knowing that I would never have had 4 kids if I knew in advance they'd all be boys.

begonia
October 16th, 2011, 09:58 PM
The thing is, I know I will regret it if I don't try, and I know I will regret it if it doesn't work... so either way, I am screwed.

I felt that way too, about having a 3rd in general ... I WANTED three for sure, but I was very worried I'd regret it if my sway didn't work and my 3 kids were 3 girls. Which is where I am now. And my initial reaction once "girl" sunk in WAS that this was a huge mistake, and we shouldn't have even gotten pg with #3. I broke down sobbing very early one morning and DH and talked through it (he doesn't know I know it is a girl, so he was just comforting me because I "assume" - so does he- that it is a girl) and he reminded me again and again that we wanted three, that it wasn't all about having a son, and that helped get me over that particular hurdle.

I would be VERY nervous about getting pg if it was 100% about getting the gender you hope for. That I think could definitely be setting oneself up for some serious GD if it didn't work :(

melissalynay
October 16th, 2011, 09:58 PM
I freak out all the time about whether or not we made the right decision to try for #4. Honestly, if I knew there was no chance of a girl, I don't think we would have tried, for all the same reasons Hobbermittens mentioned...I'm not sure we can actually afford 4 kids, and I know everyone in our lives is going to think we're crazy when we tell them I'm pregnant again. Part of me worries my gd is going to be worse knowing that I would never have had 4 kids if I knew in advance they'd all be boys.

I feel the same way....I have decided not to tell anyone that we are trying for another one and have decided that although my hubby and I will find out the gender we will tell no one else. I simple can't handle the comments on how it will be another boy. I think it has become a stigma to have more than two children now. Most people who get one boy and one girl stop so when people see someone with 4 kids there are just like to make rude comments.

begonia
October 16th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Part of me worries my gd is going to be worse knowing that I would never have had 4 kids if I knew in advance they'd all be boys.

((Hugs)) Mocha. I REALLY hope you hear girl, and if not ... I hope that you're surprised with a feeling of peace about it.

begonia
October 16th, 2011, 10:03 PM
I feel the same way....I have decided not to tell anyone that we are trying for another one and have decided that although my hubby and I will find out the gender we will tell no one else. I simple can't handle the comments on how it will be another boy. I think it has become a stigma to have more than two children now. Most people who get one boy and one girl stop so when people see someone with 4 kids there are just like to make rude comments.

I feel like 3 is totally acceptable where we live; even several families with PP have a 3rd. I'd almost go so far as to say the 3 child family is more common than the single child. But the 4th? I only know two families in our area with 4. I can think of gosh, probably 100 between our school and our church that have 3 though.

Mochagirl
October 16th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Thanks, begonia - I just hope I can have no regrets no matter what happens. I hope you find peace and happiness soon as well. This GD stuff sucks.

begonia
October 16th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Thanks, begonia - I just hope I can have no regrets no matter what happens. I hope you find peace and happiness soon as well. This GD stuff sucks.

SO TRUE!!!! I've definitely come a long way in the last month :)

Mochagirl
October 16th, 2011, 10:17 PM
I'm definitely going to look like a freak around here going around with 4 kids - especially since they're all young - my twins will have just turned 6 when the baby is born, and ds3 will be about to turn 3. I already feel like I'm a walking freak show around here, where everyone has only 2 kids.

DoulaMama
October 17th, 2011, 01:09 AM
I come from a family of four. My sis and I were not close growing up, my dad was never around and to be honest....I feel no connection with him. My mom raised my sis and I, I had 1 cousin, my Aunt whom I adore and one set of grandparents that were close to us. That was it. We lived about 8 hours away from most family members so every year it was just the 4 of us for Xmas, Easter, etc. I knew that if I was going to have a family it was going to be bigger. When I met my hubby, we actually agreed on 2 kids...LOL...after DS2 I knew that I wasn't done. I had the itch to have another baby right away and along came DS3. Now, if DS3 had been a girl....I'm not totally sure if we would have gone for child #4 but I'm thinking that yes we would have. I now feel done and I'm not even close to having this baby. The baby urge is done and I have a feeling that it's not going to come back. I will always envy pregnant women because I LOVE giving birth and I LOVE the newborn stage but I really don't want another child after this one. Even knowing in my heart that this child is a BOY, I still feel 100% ok about this pregnancy and having a fourth child. We're not rich, we don't live in a 4000 sq. ft house, we don't have elaborate Christmases.....but it's all worth it in the end:)

To B- My third child fit into our life like a dream:) He was easy going, loved being worn on me so I could still get stuff done around the house, he was born quickly and almost pain-free, he nursed easily, it was almost like nothing had changed. My older 2 play well together and really couldn't have cared less about the extra person in the house. They loved him instantly and he has been our little shining star since the moment he was born :HH: Try not to be scared about #3....I bet you'll look back and think "And I was worried about this! Ha!"
I too was a little nervous about having #4 but after having 3 kids...4 is just one more:) It's no biggie:) Lots of love to you~~ xoxo
Mocha- I will be in the exact same boat! A 6yo, a 4yo, a 2yo and a newborn:) Everyone will think I'm nuts but to be honest...I don't mind the attention! HA! Unless they're ripping stuff off the shelves of a store...and then I want to run!
Ignore the haters...know that there are many women out there who are envious of what you have. I have to keep reminding myself that....I may be looking at the mom of 4 girls here in my town, green with jealousy, wondering how she could be so lucky...and she could be looking back at me thinking the same thing. Sigh~ Life. You just never know what tomorrow will bring. xoxoxo

lindi
October 17th, 2011, 02:07 AM
I have 2 wonderful girls and have been swaying for the past 5months, Ive ttc twice within those 5months and now Im starting to think what if this whole swaying thing doesnt really work. Im just struggling with the whole idea that really Im taking a 50/50 shot and Im so not ready to do that.

I know I would like another child but only if its a boy, but gees if only it was that easy.

My question to you ladies is, if you knew that you would get your 3rd boy/girl, would you have tried at all????

Just need some help to make my final decision & maybe if I hear your stories I can reconsider or be done with my family of 4.

I so applaud you ladies who have just gone for it, cause Im the type of person who needs to know atleast 90% before I do anything, makes me so cranky at times. You know the saying, "your not living if you dont take risks in life" but this is just too big of a risk to take for me, but then its also the not knowing "what if" that will kill me, but then conceiving another girl, will probably kill me even more - so sorry Im just rambling

DD1 :ballerina: DD2 :giggle:

Just something for you to thin about- I started off getting ready to sway, and the more I thought about it, the more I felt like I didn't want to take the chance I wasn't going to get my desired gender. A lot of that comes from how I personally wanted a small family, so having many kids and hoping one would be a girl just was not a plan that would work for me, so I decided to do HT.
If you really want a family of 3 not 4, you might want to strongly consider IVF. In the long run it is much cheaper than an extra child! Good luck to you.

CapricornAquarius
October 17th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Hobbermittens - What really sux is how we can worry about what everyone around us is going to think or say.

Mochagirl - yes I can understand what your saying. This is why Im so confused as in what to do.

Melessalynay - People can be so cruel, I believe those who make rude comments only do that cause they themselves feel like poo, so they try to bring others down.

D-Mama - If I decide on baby no3, I really hope your right, that I'll look back and think "And I was worried about this! Ha!"

Lindi - Thanks for that, but unfortunately my husband would be totally against it, he's a big believer of "you get what you get given & be grateful"

CapricornAquarius
October 17th, 2011, 03:35 AM
You know what everyone? I envy all of you for having the courage to even go for a 3rd or 4th, knowing very well that you could end up with the same gender.

Kisses and hugs to all of you.:kiss::hugs:

Zivic-Bubac
October 17th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I know I will regret it if I don't try, and I know I will regret it if it doesn't work... so either way, I am screwed.This exactly!

I'm so glad you've asked this q, bcos that was my starting point - I don't need 3rd child, I need a boy.
Now after a year of swaying and questioning and re-questioning my desire for :xy: and in the first place is it MY desire or I'm conditioned by my up-bringing and culturally etc to want a boy, I've come to a place where I'm not sure do I even want a 3rd child :worry:
But like Hobber said, I think I will regret if I don't try. If this wish ever existed ( still exist?) it's better to regret something I've done then something I didn't kwim?

Right now I feel I won't be disappointed with another girl. I have a name for her and she would fit better our family logistically and in every other way. Boys are unknown territory to me lol!

But when I hear somebody got a baby boy, I'm so jealous it hurts. So my feelings are complete mess ( but you've already figured that out lol!) and being so deep in swaying process, I will not give up, I'm not a quitter LOLOL! :XX: or :xy:, whatever was meant for me.

Mochagirl
October 17th, 2011, 11:56 AM
I agree - the reason we decided to sway was that I was worried later in life I'd regret not trying one more time. I'm 37, so I don't have a lot of babymaking years left...I imagined myself waking up at age 45 and realising it's too late. What helped my decision was that I asked my Mom about a friend of hers who had two boys, and she said that she always regretted not having a third because she really wanted a girl. Besides, I've heard it said many times (and I agree wholeheartedly): you may regret a child you didn't have, but you'll never regret a child you do have. So true.

Zivic-Bubac
October 17th, 2011, 12:30 PM
you may regret a child you didn't have, but you'll never regret a child you do have. So true.:agree: :agree::agree:

Since I ramble about, I just wanted to add that most, if not all my worries are of technical nature - money, space we live in ( not large enough for 3 kids ) , organizing every day life ( we have 1 car, who will pick up the girls when I'm at home with baby),....you got my point.

I know I will love my baby and I have 0 concern about loving and fitting in the new member, just the 'technicalities' with one more are killing me :worry:

Mochagirl
October 17th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Same here, Z-B - I just think about how expensive life is with 3 kids and am worried that 4 are going to tip us over the edge. We already live paycheck to paycheck with absolutely no savings or buffer when something goes wrong like a leaky roof or an appliance breaking. Luckily, dh has a nice pension through his job so at least we don't have to worry about saving for retirement.

There's also the logistics of moving 4 kids around - Luckily we have a minivan with room for 4 car seats, but we're now at capacity, which means we can never drive anyone else anywhere. The kids are also all going to have to double up in bedrooms, and dh might have to lose his beloved home office. I also worry about how we're going to pay for university for 4 kids, though we'll send them even if we have to go even further in debt to do it.

Hobbermittens
October 17th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Same here, Z-B - I just think about how expensive life is with 3 kids and am worried that 4 are going to tip us over the edge. We already live paycheck to paycheck with absolutely no savings or buffer when something goes wrong like a leaky roof or an appliance breaking. Luckily, dh has a nice pension through his job so at least we don't have to worry about saving for retirement.

There's also the logistics of moving 4 kids around - Luckily we have a minivan with room for 4 car seats, but we're now at capacity, which means we can never drive anyone else anywhere. The kids are also all going to have to double up in bedrooms, and dh might have to lose his beloved home office. I also worry about how we're going to pay for university for 4 kids, though we'll send them even if we have to go even further in debt to do it.

This is us, too. We have always lived paycheck to paycheck, so if we have made it work for 3 kids, I suppose one more won't be too much harder.

I worry about my "job"--I babysit a few days a week. I wonder if anyone will still want to send their kids to me when I have so many of my own?

And I hadn't thought about the filled up car. We have an SUV, so we can fit 5 kids, so I guess that means we can only have one of the kids' friends with us at a time.

Zivic-Bubac
October 17th, 2011, 01:06 PM
I also worry about how we're going to pay for university for 4 kids, though we'll send them even if we have to go even further in debt to do it.Oh I thought I was the only one who worries that far in advance :wink:
And yes, we too live from paycheck to paycheck, although we have small saving , it's melting down every month a bit, we don't put more money in anymore, just take when we're short.
Basically, will I take something away from my EXISTING children in order to have my dream come true. I can't decide is it selfish or just natural....

zanacal
October 17th, 2011, 01:31 PM
It never even occured to me when we chose to ttc #3 that there was anything we could do to influence the gender - we just wanted another baby and I thought there was a 50/50 chance of it being either a boy or a girl and I really didn't mind either way. Baby #4, however, was conceived because I wanted to try for a girl and I sold it to DH on the basis that I would always regret not trying but that neither of us would regret the child once it was here.

There were times when we were planning our sway that I wondered what the heck we were doing because I was quite content with not going through pregnancy and childbirth again and stopping at #3 probably would have been the sensible thing to do practically - however, now that I'm pregnant I'm excited about doing it all again and about the prospect of a new baby whether it's a boy or a girl and having #5 really isn't even a consideration. I'm lucky because I always knew I could be happy about a 4th boy, so long as I knew we'd done our best. It must be an incredibly hard decision to make when HT isn't an option for you and you're not sure that you could accept that situation.

Flava
October 17th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Well what can I say? I ALREADY have 4 kids! And no I don't want just another baby I want a baby boy! So if you guys are screwed the Im screwed big time! We are all alone no one is around us so it is hard to do and money is very tight so yeah we not suppose to ttc at all. But I wish for a boy...
Anyway this is why we say last try if it's a bfn or another m/c either way we are done.:sad:

purplepoet20
October 17th, 2011, 04:20 PM
When I was younger I wanted many boys... After meeting hubby and deciding on having 2 kids I wanted to picture perfect family. It took sometime to get my hubby to say lets have a 3rd. I could get him to say 4 kids but 4 would be my limit. I love my boys and I plan activities around boyish things. Having a 3rd boy would be ok with me, Little Anthony or Henry would fit nicely in my family.

I dream of having a girl and I know it will be hard to not have one... but at least I can say I tried for a girl until I got pregnant and the rest was in God's hands. Not planning either of my boys I am please to say I am planning this pregnancy from the start of the prep work until I have a wiggleworm in the oven. I am not holding everything into having a girl and the option for a boy is there.... I have collected tons of girly clothing and shoes and it would kill me to not use it but I have so many cute boy clothing that I will have a hard time giving away.

My heart is open to the child that picks me to be it's mom.
My thoughts are set to pure love to the baby placed in my arms.
My happiness is seeing my children happy.

CapricornAquarius
October 17th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Oh I thought I was the only one who worries that far in advance :wink:

Trust me i think we all worry. ZB i also used to think it was more a cultural thing, but i think now its just about wanting balance regardless of nationality, but i know what you mean.

CapricornAquarius
October 17th, 2011, 04:44 PM
It never even occured to me when we chose to ttc #3 that there was anything we could do to influence the gender - we just wanted another baby and I thought there was a 50/50 chance of it being either a boy or a girl and I really didn't mind either way. Baby #4, however, was conceived because I wanted to try for a girl and I sold it to DH on the basis that I would always regret not trying but that neither of us would regret the child once it was here.

There were times when we were planning our sway that I wondered what the heck we were doing because I was quite content with not going through pregnancy and childbirth again and stopping at #3 probably would have been the sensible thing to do practically - however, now that I'm pregnant I'm excited about doing it all again and about the prospect of a new baby whether it's a boy or a girl and having #5 really isn't even a consideration. I'm lucky because I always knew I could be happy about a 4th boy, so long as I knew we'd done our best. It must be an incredibly hard decision to make when HT isn't an option for you and you're not sure that you could accept that situation.

Zanacal, i really hope u get ur girl, but in saying that im happy to hear that you've accepted the thought of knowing you could get another boy this is the place where i want to get to.

zanacal
October 17th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Thank you Capricorn x

CapricornAquarius
October 17th, 2011, 06:55 PM
My heart is open to the child that picks me to be it's mom.
My thoughts are set to pure love to the baby placed in my arms.
My happiness is seeing my children happy.

Thats beautiful Purplepoet.

Yes you are right, I to didnt do anything to sway when conceiving my girls, gosh I had no idea about it anyway. But now that I know, yes it would make me feel happier I guess knowing atleast I tried.

CapricornAquarius
October 17th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Well what can I say? I ALREADY have 4 kids! And no I don't want just another baby I want a baby boy! So if you guys are screwed the Im screwed big time! We are all alone no one is around us so it is hard to do and money is very tight so yeah we not suppose to ttc at all. But I wish for a boy...
Anyway this is why we say last try if it's a bfn or another m/c either way we are done.:sad:

Aww Flava dont say another m/c, please be positive. Are you saying your only going to ttc one more time, as in one more month??

CapricornAquarius
October 17th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Thank you Capricorn x

Your welcome x

CapricornAquarius
October 17th, 2011, 07:22 PM
You know what I think my problem is, I like to control everything around me and this is something I cannot control and this is why its driving me bannanas, yes I can control my diet, BUT if only I could control what sperm :bluesperm: enters my egg :shrug: then there would be no discussion on whether I take the chance or not.

CapricornAquarius
October 17th, 2011, 07:25 PM
I guess there is a way to control it through HT, but thats out of the equation for me.

Hobbermittens
October 17th, 2011, 11:37 PM
I guess there is a way to control it through HT, but thats out of the equation for me.

Yeah, no way we could afford HT, or I would be there in a heartbeat! The best I can do is sway.

CapricornAquarius
October 18th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Does anyone know where u could go 4 HT apart from USA.

Hobbermittens
October 18th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Where do you live, Capricorn? I have heard of people going to Thailand.

CapricornAquarius
October 19th, 2011, 12:17 AM
Where do you live, Capricorn? I have heard of people going to Thailand.
Hobmit I live in Aust, so Thailand would b much cheaper then USA i'd say, what would i look up on internet

Wanting a daughter
October 19th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Capricon- the thai clinic is called Superior A.R.T. It's in Bangkok. You can go through Genea (formerly Sydney IVF) as they are affiliated with SART. The cost including accomodation in 4/5 star near the clinic is Au$11,000. That doesn't include meds. If you are very lucky you may be able to get some of your meds on the PBS. Ask on the international forum for advice on the city you live in for that one. Some ladies have gotten a GP to write the scrpits and tick PBS others (like myslef) had info on a pharmacist who would do it.
They are now doing day 5 biopsy which is good but it has meant that the price has gone up considerably in the last couple of months. You will need blood test work up which can take up to 7 weeks to get back so if you are in a hurry call Genea soon.
Good Luck!

CapricornAquarius
October 19th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Thank you so much WADaughter, i will give them a call to enquire & then start saving, i really think this is the only way i will feel safe with having a 3rd child, then atleast i know i'll get my boy.
How exciting, all the best with you.

zanacal
October 19th, 2011, 04:19 PM
GL Capricorn - and I hope you can persuade DH!

CapricornAquarius
October 19th, 2011, 04:40 PM
GL Capricorn - and I hope you can persuade DH!
Yeah thanks Zanacal, i mentioned it to him last night, he gave me the death stare & walked out of the room.
I'll work on him :think:
Dd1 :ballerina: Dd2:giggle:

nuthinbutpink
October 19th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Yeah thanks Zanacal, i mentioned it to him last night, he gave me the death stare & walked out of the room.
I'll work on him :think:
Dd1 :ballerina: Dd2:giggle:

Don't let that deter you, they all do that!! Seriously, it is always the woman driving the HT process. Our husbands just end up going along for the ride. You can find a lot of info in the member HT section.

CapricornAquarius
October 19th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Don't let that deter you, they all do that!! Seriously, it is always the woman driving the HT process. Our husbands just end up going along for the ride. You can find a lot of info in the member HT section.

Nuthinbutpink I hope your right and mine decides to come along for the ride :pray:

How do I access the member HT??

nuthinbutpink
October 19th, 2011, 07:35 PM
It's for Dream Members. You have to become a member to see the private forums.

CapricornAquarius
October 20th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Thanks NBP.
I gave Genea a call today and had a chat with a lady by the name of Rose, she was really nice and what I was very disappointed about is, I may not 100% conceive a boy even through HT :sad:

So If I go on the theory of my husband "you get what you are suppose to get" can you imagine we spend all this money and still end up with another girl :sigh:

Im back to square one :drama: Im either going to have to just continue the diet etc and just go for it, or finally decide my family is done.

nuthinbutpink
October 20th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Oh no- it is 100% correct for gender UNLESS there is human error that comes into play. HT is NOT a guarantee of pregnancy. There was an opposite recently but it seems to be due to the type of testing that the clinic used which should not have been used for GS purposes. It is 100% for gender unless someone screws up which just should not happen. Plenty of gals on here have used their services and with their testing method, I would not worry about that. Achieving pregnancy is the biggest obstacle with HT. Proven fertility does not guarantee you a baby when you use IVF.

CapricornAquarius
October 20th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Oh no- it is 100% correct for gender UNLESS there is human error that comes into play. HT is NOT a guarantee of pregnancy. There was an opposite recently but it seems to be due to the type of testing that the clinic used which should not have been used for GS purposes. It is 100% for gender unless someone screws up which just should not happen. Plenty of gals on here have used their services and with their testing method, I would not worry about that. Achieving pregnancy is the biggest obstacle with HT. Proven fertility does not guarantee you a baby when you use IVF.

NBP I specified that I only want a 3rd knowing I will get a boy and she went on about how its not 100% and I could be one of the unlucky ones who ends up with the undesired gender, she couldnt even give me the percentage of success rate.

I need to look more into this, cause maybe she has given me the wrong information.

CapricornAquarius
October 23rd, 2011, 06:46 PM
:omg: Looks like someone above has other plans for me, I was wondering the last couple of days why hasnt AF arrived yet, and YES everyone Im as shocked as you are, I got a BFP.

Always said I'd have 3 kids, but then started rethinking cause I just started getting too scared at the, "what if"???

Well I cant do anything about it now, in one way Im relieved at the whole idea of not having to ask myself over and over again "should we, shouldnt we, what if we get another girl, but what if i can get a boy", you know what I mean? And the biggest thing is now I dont need to worry about swaying anymore, so Im really happy about that.

All I know is that this little bean whether a boy or girl was definatley meant to be. Ive been going to the gym lifting heavy weights, didnt stop taking evening primrose oil and thats not meant to be good for implantation, so this little spermy was determined. Oh boy :nails:

Dd1 :ballerina: Dd2 :giggle: :omg: bfp out of my hands now in regards to boy/girl??

Hobbermittens
October 24th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Congrats!!! I think you will do great with 3 kids. :)

nuthinbutpink
October 24th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Congratulations! I have no idea what that woman was trying to tell you, but I assure you, none of us would undergo such a thing as elective IVF and pay $20,000 for less than a guarantee!

I hope you get your DS the old-fashioned way!! Wonderful surprise!

CapricornAquarius
October 24th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Hobmit - thank you, im going 2 be ok i think, im scared though.

Nbpink - thank you. Yes i know what your saying, but thats what she said 2 me, maybe she was taking drugs that day, hey??
I really hope i get a boy, & really hope i will be ok if i dont.

begonia
October 25th, 2011, 08:20 PM
CONGRATS CA! FX you get blue! FWIW I wish this baby had been an accident ... I'd be much more accepting then of her being out of our control. DD1 happened while I was on BCP's and I never had a minute of GD with her, even though I never wanted a single DD, I felt like God sent her to us, like the best surprise EVER. So ... DS or DD, remember that this baby was planned by something far bigger than you :) It's going to be amazing!!!

CapricornAquarius
October 25th, 2011, 09:46 PM
CONGRATS CA! FX you get blue! FWIW I wish this baby had been an accident ... I'd be much more accepting then of her being out of our control. DD1 happened while I was on BCP's and I never had a minute of GD with her, even though I never wanted a single DD, I felt like God sent her to us, like the best surprise EVER. So ... DS or DD, remember that this baby was planned by something far bigger than you :) It's going to be amazing!!!

Thanks Begonia, I know, its weird cause I do feel like someone above has made the decision for me, its kind of like a relief if that makes sense, he/she was meant to be, thats for sure! Im trying so hard to stop thinking about the gender cause I really want to enjoy this pregnancy as its going to be our last, after this one my hubby is doing the chop.

dd1 :ballerina: dd2 :giggle: & OMG Im :pregnant:

ThroughWithBlue
October 27th, 2011, 10:53 PM
the not knowing would kill me also. if I knew I would have 3rd boy, would I try again? YES because if I were to have 4th that MAY be my girl. Or, if you mean, if I were going to keep having boys would I keep trying? My answer is I really don't know. The heartbreak would probably kill me honestly. But I'd have to try, it's better to me to try than to keep wondering. Bottom line, I guess I'd have to keep trying to avoid the what if. I really do think it is a 50/50 shot however I feel like i am about 75% more likely to have another boy, I feel like it's a slim chance in hell I'd have a DD ever but I have to try.

DoulaMama
October 27th, 2011, 11:08 PM
the not knowing would kill me also. if I knew I would have 3rd boy, would I try again? YES because if I were to have 4th that MAY be my girl. Or, if you mean, if I were going to keep having boys would I keep trying? My answer is I really don't know. The heartbreak would probably kill me honestly. But I'd have to try, it's better to me to try than to keep wondering. Bottom line, I guess I'd have to keep trying to avoid the what if. I really do think it is a 50/50 shot however I feel like i am about 75% more likely to have another boy, I feel like it's a slim chance in hell I'd have a DD ever but I have to try.

Oh Honey, I have to give you some cyber hugs (((HUGS))) I felt the exact same way. My hubby is one of four boys....TONS of boys in his family. My side has a whack load of boys as well, except for my mom who had me and my sis. I REALLY thought I would have a girl for my first...HA! Was I wrong....3 times in a row! This pregnancy was a complete oops, wasn't really swaying at all, and when I did get pregnant I was 110% resigned to the fact that I would be an all boy mom. Well, it doesn't look like that's the case! This one looks ALL girl and I am SHOCKED beyond belief. It can happen for you Mama~ xoxo Lots of hugs to you~~

CapricornAquarius
October 28th, 2011, 04:48 AM
Yes your right Throughwblue, I know if I had made the decision not to go for a 3rd Im so sure I would have always wondered 'what if', so Im so glad its happened the way it has.

Hope you do get your girl, sending you heaps of pink pink pink

Dd1 :ballerina: Dd2 :giggle: & OMG Im :pregnant:

CapricornAquarius
October 28th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Congratulations on your pink bundle DMama, thats fantastic, you must be so excited!!!

Dd1 :ballerina: Dd2 :giggle: & OMG Im :pregnant: