PDA

View Full Version : Got my gd but worried ultrasound was wrong.

3Pink1Blue
October 16th, 2011, 09:38 PM
My ultrasound was very clear but yet I still worry that they were wrong. After 3 girls I honestly never thought I'd hear boy and I know it's stupid but I fear that on delivery day another little girl will suddenly pop out. Any of you having a hard time believing as well?

nuthinbutpink
October 16th, 2011, 10:26 PM
It's hard to believe but there is no denying your little one's no so little man parts! Don't worry. Enjoy it. This time will pass and be nothing but a memory. Don't spend it worrying about something that will never happen!

begonia
October 16th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Oh Jen! I'm so sorry you're having a bit of a tough time with it; I know I would be in the same boat though ... I don't think I would have been able to believe it either. But hun those pictures are CLEAR as day. There's no maybe AT ALL. You've got your little boy :) Enjoy this special time with him!

TTC5
October 16th, 2011, 11:24 PM
There was no denying your little man is a boy lol!!!!! ;)

3Pink1Blue
October 17th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks ladies. It's so silly because it is SO obvious he's a he. You'd think his need to moon us at every turn would convince me, there's literally 10 or more obvious peeks while watching the u/s DVD. Not a shy guy at all lol

TTC5
October 17th, 2011, 12:49 AM
=D

atomic sagebrush
October 17th, 2011, 09:19 AM
While I have heard of several girls "turning" into boys, I've never heard of a mistake going the other way around (at least firsthand). You're going to worry regardless until he's in your arms (and you've checked his diaper a few dozen times haha), but I do hope you can enjoy as much as possible without being too consumed by worrying!!

Flava
October 17th, 2011, 09:49 AM
You know I would be the same for sure! But he is all boy so no worries lol

3Pink1Blue
October 17th, 2011, 11:15 AM
AS- I joked with dh I'll probably check his goods before I look at his face lol

I'm not freaking out or anything but I do keep looking at the pics. I've spent so long wanting a son I don't think I'll believe it till I actually see him. It just all feels way to good to be true, kwim?

babydes56
October 17th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Oh Jen dont worry, he's all boy! Funny you say you cant believe it, someone i know who'd been for scan several times & seen boy had the same thoughts, she's just had baby & he's all boy..so dont stress & just enjoy your pregnancy.

Hobbermittens
October 17th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Don't worry, his willy won't fall off, he'll still be a boy when he comes out! :)

3Pink1Blue
October 18th, 2011, 01:14 PM
:rofl:

Hobbermittens
October 18th, 2011, 01:52 PM
I totally get why you are stressed about it, though. I think it's normal.

Have you been shopping for cute boy stuff?? I keep seeing adorable boy things when I am looking for clothes for my DD2. Shopping for blue is so much better! I get so tired of pink.

3Pink1Blue
October 18th, 2011, 02:01 PM
I've bought a few things but am waiting till after the baby shower and birth to do too much. I've been shopping pink for 9 1/2 yrs, I'm loving looking at blue :)

Proud-Mummy26
October 24th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I still think what if a girl pops out! Even though I saw clear boy parts on two ultrasounds lol.

Sunset
October 25th, 2011, 02:48 AM
My baby has been confirmed girl 3 times now and i still worry the ultrasound might be wrong.. i think it's only normal to question the u/s :p enjoy shopping for blue! i certainly love shopping for pink as a change :)

3Pink1Blue
October 25th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks ladies, so glad I'm not the only one in complete disbelief lol

Sunset- I've been swimming in pink for 9 1/2 years, I'm so loving buying blue :)

purplepoet20
October 25th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I think I would feel the same way... DS1 was so boy that no one could question it and DS2 was confirmed boy every 4wks from 4-8mths gest. I really wanted them to be wrong about DS2. I am so afraid of going for a gender scan on the next baby that I am thinking about not finding out but I know it will drive me nuts. It is so hard waiting 9mths to hold your baby and seeing that it is 100% boy or girl.

Your scan is much a boy that if they hand you a girl ask for a DNA test and run crazy around the hospital looking for your boy! Have fun buying little boy outfits.

3Pink1Blue
October 26th, 2011, 01:51 PM
lol purple. I was the same w/dd3, I paid for another u/s hoping the first one was wrong. There is not doubt but it's just so hard to believe and I won't have another u/s unless there's a need. Eh who knows maybe I can con my m/w into a quick office one just so I can have another peek :bigsmile:

Foxy
October 26th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Aww! :D Completely normal! I felt the same way with my first son. It felt so surreal to be shopping for blue little outfits. My DH told me not to buy anything before the baby was here despite having loads of ultrasounds confirming the gender . You should have seen his face when they were prepping me for the c-section. He was so nervous a girl was going to pop out, lol.

3Pink1Blue
October 27th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Lol, I'm just so glad others have gone through this!