PDA

View Full Version : No nub shot, but any skull shape guesses??

Chunky Monkey
October 16th, 2011, 10:13 PM
Here is my little sweetie at 12 weeks 6 days. The tech got this pic and couldn't get a profile after this. The baby was moving and flipping. But I got the blood test done and should know the sex next week, and will update then :) Thanks!!

Chunky Monkey
October 16th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Sorry they are so big!! First time uploading!

DoulaMama
October 16th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Just comparing to DS1's u/s pics from 12w3d....

I'm guessing BOY:)

What are you hoping for?

DoulaMama
October 16th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Hmmm.... Looking at the pic again... It's kind of blurry and the skull/brow isn't really defined. I hope you get your DG! :)

Chunky Monkey
October 17th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Thank you Doula! I am hoping for a DD :) I had the maternal serum test done last week so I should know the sex of the baby soon. I remember you from TTC Pink. We are due a few days apart! Did you decided if you are finding out before LO is born or are you going to wait?

TTC5
October 17th, 2011, 04:16 PM
No idea sorry!!! x

DoulaMama
October 17th, 2011, 08:01 PM
CM! Of course! So sorry I forgot! I can't wait to hear your news!!!

I think I will be finding out. Hubby won't know but he's adamant on not knowing. I just can't take it. It's eating me away from the inside and I'm getting obsessive about looking at differences between pregnancies etc. I need to know. I'm booking it for 17w on the nose:) I hope they can tell by then. Anyway, fx'd for you Hun!!! xoxo

My Fabulous Children
October 22nd, 2011, 03:48 AM
Can't tell, sorry!

Chunky Monkey
October 22nd, 2011, 06:06 AM
Thank you for your guesses ladies!

Chunky Monkey
October 22nd, 2011, 06:07 AM
Thank you for your guesses ladies! I got the results from the blood test and.............................................. it's a GIRL!!!

ELP
October 22nd, 2011, 06:39 AM
Thats fantastic news Chunky!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on a beautiful daughter for your family xxxxxxxxxx

love being a mummy
October 22nd, 2011, 07:46 AM
Congrats. what blood test did you get done?

Flava
October 22nd, 2011, 02:02 PM
I think first pic is a girlish head.
What's a maternal serum test??

Flava
October 22nd, 2011, 02:02 PM
Oh congrats!!!:celebrate:

DoulaMama
October 23rd, 2011, 11:41 PM
Yay yay yay! So exciting Chunky!!!! Big hugs!! xoxo

DoulaMama
October 23rd, 2011, 11:49 PM
How many kiddos do you have Chunky?

Chunky Monkey
October 23rd, 2011, 11:56 PM
Thank you all!!!!! I am still in disbelief. At my MW's office in TX they do a blood draw from the mother's arm that looks for x and y in the mothers' blood. I had not heard of it before, but they said it's 99.5% accurate, with a blood draw after 10 weeks. They record a message for you and you call their number 7 days after the test, put in your pin and there is a recording done by a nurse saying, "Congratulations (person's name), you are having a GIRL! I've called it back numerous times just to hear it :)

I am anxiously awaiting the 18 week scan to "see" the girl parts. After that, I will really believe it :)

Doula, I have 2 DS's. I am so happy for you on your wonderful news!!! Congrats!!!

Chunky Monkey
October 24th, 2011, 12:09 AM
I should elaborate, they are looking for the y chromosome in the mother's blood. If they find it, the mother is having a boy. If there are no y chromosomes, the mother is having a girl. If you google something like "maternal blood test for gender," you can find more information. It is also referred to as the "Jack or Jill Gender Test."

If you want to do it and there is not a testing center where you live, you can order a kit and have it sent to you. You have your office do the blood draw and send it back in and you will get your results over the recorded phone service. This is the office in Texas.

http://www.geneticstesting.com/gendertest/gendertest.htm

Thanks ladies!!

DoulaMama
October 24th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Isn't it a crazy feeling??? I keep thinking about all the things that I've never been able to do or say.... "she, daughter, sister", and the sewing I can do, and the girl clothes, and the possibility of shopping for a wedding dress... It's so surreal!!! I'm just terrified that in 2w there'll be a penis there! Eeek! I hope not!
Congratulations on your DD!!! :D :HH:

Chunky Monkey
October 24th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I could not have said it better DM! I have wanted a DD for so long and for some reason was so caught off guard when I heard the words. I am just feeling so thankful for this little blessing I am carrying....my daughter :) Thank God for these little ones!!! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well! Did you book your next scan yet?

zanacal
October 24th, 2011, 03:33 PM
That's amazing news, congratulations!

nuthinbutpink
October 24th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Congrats!

DoulaMama
October 24th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I could not have said it better DM! I have wanted a DD for so long and for some reason was so caught off guard when I heard the words. I am just feeling so thankful for this little blessing I am carrying....my daughter :) Thank God for these little ones!!! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well! Did you book your next scan yet?

I've been trying!!! No one will even try to guess until 20w so I guess I'll just wait until then. It's going to be a LONG 5 weeks!!! Ugh. I do feel VERY confident now after 100% Girl guesses on here and IG. Plus every time I look at nub theory pages on the net and look at the stats, it seems near 98% accurate when guessing at the 14w mark. I guess the angle doesn't move past that point. That and the perfect hamburger shot! I'm just feeling like I can't be THAT lucky, YKWIM?
I'm so happy for you Mama!!! So you're due right after me then?? :D