PDA

View Full Version : Cravings/Aversions

Mochagirl
October 17th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Hey ladies - no real point to this thread other than a place to share our food cravings and aversions this time around.

So far for me I find I'm avoiding dairy - milk and yogurt hold no appeal to me. I am, however, eating tons of cheese - it's one of the things I missed most while on the diet!

I find that most of the time I reach for fruit when it comes to snacking - particularly grapes. I would get hopeful that this could be a sign I'm having a girl, except I've craved fruit in all of my pregnancies. Lest anyone think I'm eating healthy all the time, I must admit I had half a bag of salt & vinegar peanuts last night and a whole bag of chips a couple of nights before :oops:

atomic sagebrush
October 17th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Great and fun idea for a thread!

I did want to point out there is no way to tell gender from pregnancy cravings and aversions, so I don't want anyone to panic or obsess over what you are craving (or not). Some people crave the exact same things in every pg regardless of baby's gender, others crave different things in every pg and are pg with the same gender every time...there is no pattern to it. It's all about what your body thinks you need and also what you're in the mood for.

It is totally fun to talk about but I just don't want anyone to read too much into it!

rainbowflower
October 17th, 2011, 09:43 AM
with my first pregnancy I completely went off fish, the sight of it and smell of it made me nauseous. I became rather fond of potatoes (especially rostis) but wouldn't say I craved them.

second pregnancy I didn't even chance the fish, I just took omega 3 supplements instead. Raspberries tasted so delicious to me too, especially from 2nd tri. I didn't have any other particular cravings, though, as I'd been taking a multivit the whole time.

I completely went off tea both times!

Mochagirl
October 17th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that another craving I'm having that I share with my other two pregnancies is pasta. Particularly pasta with tomato sauce and lots of parmesan...either vegetarian or a nice Bolognese sauce.

It's funny that I'm eating so much of it now because pasta is pretty much all I ate for my 5 months on the diet, so you'd think I'd be sick of it! At least I can have a nice, big portion now and not measure it out every time. I'm also enjoying eating real pasta again after all that rice pasta I was eating.

Mochagirl
October 17th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Also, thanks for the reminder not to obsess about gender and food cravings, atomic. If we thought the 2WW was long, the 20WW until we find out the gender is killer! I think it's natural for us to obsess about every old wives tale we've ever heard, but it's important not to take any of it too seriously.

zanacal
October 17th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Pregnancy cravings and aversions passed me by with my first 3 pregnancies! I think this is because I generally crave food all day long anyway (pregnant or not!) and I never had any morning sickness.

To begin with this time around I craved fruit - grapes, strawberries and pineapple, but I'm over this now! I find I can stomach most things even if the idea isn't very appealing - I don't ever fancy the idea of a cup of tea but if somebody makes me one I'll happily drink it! This week I'm mostly eating Sugar Puffs (very bad!) and this evening I've eaten way too much toffee popcorn!

princesssarah34
October 17th, 2011, 01:56 PM
With my 1st pg....I could not stand the smell of eggs!! :thumbsdown: But with 2nd,3rd and 4th I craved eggs....weird huh! With all 3 of my 1st pg's I loved spicy foods...I could not get enough!! With pg #4 I craved pasta's, salads,fruits and chicken. But I could not stand red meats and spicy foods not as much as before....and I love red meats like Hamburger, Steaks etc. With this pg's I am loving all of it!!!! I am leaning more toward pasta's and chicken.....but I love the Hamburgers at AppleBee's right now!!:heart:
And now that my m/s seems to have left the building I am craving a lot more!!

DoulaMama
October 17th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Pregnancy cravings and aversions passed me by with my first 3 pregnancies! I think this is because I generally crave food all day long anyway (pregnant or not!) and I never had any morning sickness.

To begin with this time around I craved fruit - grapes, strawberries and pineapple, but I'm over this now! I find I can stomach most things even if the idea isn't very appealing - I don't ever fancy the idea of a cup of tea but if somebody makes me one I'll happily drink it! This week I'm mostly eating Sugar Puffs (very bad!) and this evening I've eaten way too much toffee popcorn!
^^ That is me! Too funny! I never have the urge but when my hubby shows up with a cup, I'll drink it! I also crave fruits...apples in particular. I craved them with DS1, but had no fruit cravings with 2 and 3. The only aversion I don't have this time is ground beef, bacon, sausage, coffee.....I don't exactly want to eat this stuff, but the smell of them cooking or coffee brewing doesn't bother me in the slightest. And this would be why I'm finding out in 3 weeks....LOL....too many things different this time and I KNOW I'll be expecting a girl in 27w time;)

zanacal
October 17th, 2011, 05:07 PM
I forgot to mention fizzy drinks - Fanta and 7Up in particular ... and we're all out and I'm really, really thirsty! I'll just have to have something else! Oh, and I hate the thought of fish (but again, I have eaten it recently lol!). We like our food hey DM?!

DoulaMama
October 17th, 2011, 06:04 PM
I forgot to mention fizzy drinks - Fanta and 7Up in particular ... and we're all out and I'm really, really thirsty! I'll just have to have something else! Oh, and I hate the thought of fish (but again, I have eaten it recently lol!). We like our food hey DM?!
That would be an understatement...... :rofl: for ME ;)

Mochagirl
October 17th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Oh, man - I looooove food too. That's what killed me with the diet - I'm a recreational eater - I spend my whole day thinking about what I'm going to eat for all my meals and snacks. I eat for fun, not because I'm hungry. I still don't understand why I've never been overweight.

DoulaMama
October 17th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Oh, man - I looooove food too. That's what killed me with the diet - I'm a recreational eater - I spend my whole day thinking about what I'm going to eat for all my meals and snacks. I eat for fun, not because I'm hungry. I still don't understand why I've never been overweight.

I wish!!!!My entire family LOVES eating. My sis has major troubles with it actually and is close to 350lbs. My mom and I are around the same size-14/16. I inherited my mothers hips(which makes for easy birthing but my pants don't(or should I say "didn't") like my small waist and LARGE hips;)) so up until I was 23 I was a curvaceous pear shape...and then I had kids...LOL Now all my extra weight sits in my stomach:( Ugh. The only thing exciting about this being my last baby is the fact that I'm going to kick my own ass into shape, not long after he/she is born.

Just thought of another craving.... a paralyzer. I have wanted one since I found out I was pregnant! I almost made my hubby get one at Boston Pizza just so I could have one sip of it....LOL

Mochagirl
October 17th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Mmmmm all this talk of fizzy drinks is making me thirsty. That wedding rehearsal dinner I went to a couple of weeks ago had punch made with gingerale and grenadine. I could SO go for some of that right now.

CapricornAquarius
October 30th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Ive been craving meat, eggs, vegemite toast and lemonade fizzy drink. Cannot stomach cereal in the morning which is so weird for me cause I love my breakfast cereals, now its vegemite toast instead, Oh and almonds, I really felt like almonds today.

Dd1 :ballerina: Dd2 :giggle: & OMG IM :pregnant:

CapricornAquarius
October 30th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Also, thanks for the reminder not to obsess about gender and food cravings, atomic. If we thought the 2WW was long, the 20WW until we find out the gender is killer! I think it's natural for us to obsess about every old wives tale we've ever heard, but it's important not to take any of it too seriously.

I totally agree!!! Im going to get me one of those Intelligender kit at 10weeks, see what colour my pee turns!!!

Dd1 :ballerina: Dd2 :giggle: & OMG Im :pregnant:

zanacal
November 13th, 2011, 04:37 PM
So has anyone developed any cravings? I'm obsessed with lemonade and I'm drinking way too much with it - also apple juice (bought a few gallons today!) and buttered toast. I could usually eat marmite toast all day long but it has to be only butter right now! Also eating quite a lot of sweets but I think that's just a nasty habit I developed on the LE diet!!

Sunset
November 13th, 2011, 05:07 PM
at first i went off most foods and didn't really have any cravings.. eating was just a struggle and something i had to force myself to do.. but after about 20 weeks i started to experience some cravings :)

cravings: orange juice! coca cola! chocolate, fruit, cheese and crackers, milk
aversions: chicken! red meat

CapricornAquarius
November 13th, 2011, 05:28 PM
At the moment Im loving Iced Coffee, and Im hooked on egg/bacon/cheese roll, I get it from my corner shop every lunch & mash with beef goulash is my fav dinner yummmyyyyy! & mornings its my fav vegimite/cheese toast.

Funny cause Im seriously a sweet tooth kind of gal & since being pregnant I have not craved sweet stuff at all, although yesterday I had my first sweet, a small tiramisu.

CapricornAquarius
November 13th, 2011, 05:37 PM
So glad Im taking a really good multivitamin cause I really dont feel like fruit or vegies, Im hoping this changes with time. I used to always go for a walk with an apple in hand, now I cant even look at an apple.

Mochagirl
November 13th, 2011, 05:58 PM
I'm eating TONS of fruit and lots of sweets. Interestingly, other than the odd indulgence now and then, I'm not reaching for the salty snacks quite as often as I used to (pre-LE diet). I'm still not really into dairy other than cheese. I can't bring myself to drink milk even though I know I should now that I'm preggers, and yogurt doesn't appeal either. I'm also just not interested in meat most of the time, though I craved it a lot while on the LE diet. Tonight for supper I made the rest of the family shrimp and I ate pasta with butter and parmesan. Who knew I'd be purposely eating girl diet foods long after my BFP! That being said, I did have pizza for lunch and souvlaki for supper last night, so I'm definitely eating a lot of things I wouldn't have been able to on the diet...and loving it. I could eat pizza every night and be a happy women :bigsmile:.

Z - when you mentioned lemonade the other day it sounded so good to me I went out and bought some. I had a huge glass today, and it was wonderful! Unfortunately my kids love it too, so we finished the container in one sitting.