PDA

View Full Version : Leaving this website soon ladies.

1moregirl
April 11th, 2017, 11:57 PM
Not sure if I'll be giving up on my ttc quest but I may well leave this side before too long. It doesn't feel like there's is any support here any more. Only MrsG seems to answer my post and messages with me and is supportive and there doesn't seem to be anyone else about here any more. What's the point?

MrsGoodies
April 12th, 2017, 07:11 AM
Aw, please don't go.

There simpy are not too many ladies ttc in their 40's.

Come join us in the 2ww boards Abundant April. Yhe ladies there are fantastic and super supportive!

kc15880
April 12th, 2017, 08:20 AM
I would second that Mrs G. I have found that the 2ww boards are crazy active & I have to read through pages each night to catch up. Its hard TTC as an older mum. There are so many young mums on here who have time on their side with many trying for #1. Its very different when you have time racing away from you & you just want 1 more child. FX you find your way & some more support soon.

squigglepink
April 12th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Hi, Im having some trouble with all this ttc business too.. wont bore you with my detail. But stick around so we can support each other x

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2017, 02:11 PM
I was deliberately not answering one of the threads because someone else, NOT YOU, said something that I found kind of upsetting and I just didn't care to read the thread any more. When I have an upsetting thread, I simply stop answering the thread. I matter too and sometimes I just decline to continue to respond to them because when I read it, I feel compelled to argue. The other people in the thread can move legitimate swaying questions to a different thread and that way all the rest of you can proceed to bitch about how horrible I am via PM or in the thread itself since I am no longer reading it.

Guess what. I was in the freaking emergency room this weekend with the muscles in my neck in such spasms they were cutting off the flow of blood to my brain and making me pass out. Sitting in front of a computer reading threads that have upset me was not what I needed to be doing last week.

I have spent dozens of hours answering your posts. Sometimes my needs have to come first. I am really not trying to upset anyone but at the same time now I have been made upset by this thread too. It really does not feel fair to me AT ALL when I have given this site my all day in and day out. I feel a little basic human compassion for ME the person might occasionally come into play.

And no, I"m not going to come back and reply to this thread either so no one needs to bother to reply to me.

1moregirl
April 13th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Oh Atomic....I am sooo sorry that you have been upset by something someone has said. I really hope it was not me. I also hope your health has improved and that you are feeling better again. I have always been soooo appreciative of the advice and support you have given me whilst I've been here at GD. You have always somehow managed to be patient with me when I know I have been a downright PITA (pain in the arse). My posts always reflect my moods, which of course have been affected by hormones. So one week I will be all calm and harmonious and just plodding along in my own precious world with my precious kiddies and not caring at all whether I get pregnant again or not, and then the next week I will be a bit on the down side because I'd gotten a BFN and will be asking questions (yep...the same ones I've asked at least 2 or 3 times already, and probably in 2 or 3 different posts/threads as well - much to your annoyance Atomic ;) hehe! You probably see a new post of mine and think 'oh Good Lord...here we go again!' Lol! But it's all good. Sometimes my posts are just venting or looking for reassurance that I'm not a complete nutcase for wanting to try for a baby at the ripe old age of 45. Bahahaha! Anyway Atomic, you might not come back here to read this post, but I really hope that you do so that you can realise just how much I (at least) value and will be forever grateful for all the wonderful advice and support you give. And Happy Easter! :) Xxoo