PDA

View Full Version : How much does husband's Ph make a difference? First suggestions?

Nemcemger
April 21st, 2017, 04:33 PM
Hello ladies! I am new to this site and I've been reading through all the posts/forums, I kinda have an idea what to limit for our diet but does anyone know if dh's ph levels make much of difference ? My dh's is around 8.5, which I think on the higher side. He does drink milk almost every day and really not a big meat eater. Any recommendations? My ph is around 5-5.5- don't do dairy heavily so I take calcium pills 1000mg a day. Don't want to overdo it but I am lost with all the mixed information I see on the internet. Won't ttc until June. Thanks in advance:DS::DD::DS:

XXforhubby
April 21st, 2017, 04:45 PM
Hi and Welcome! Most of us on this site have given up on pH, since pH hasn't proven to sway strongly like LE diet, cardio exercise, and one attempt to name a few. I wouldn't stress about it and leave it out of your sway. Most of us have found when we try to mess with what our DH's do, they get cranky and can even be turned off to TTC.

Oh and Calcium supplements sway blue so unless you have a known deficiency, I would drop them when you start the LE diet.

Remember, there are no magic foods. The LE diet allows you to eat the foods you like, as long as you stay within the limits: 1500-1800 calories, 35g-60g fat and 40g-60g protein. Most of us have found it easier to go vegetarian since meat has a lot of protein for low calories.

Don't hesitate to ask questions- we are all here to help!!

FX and GL to you!!!

[emoji170]8/2010 [emoji170]6/2013 [emoji170]11/2015 [emoji170]
[emoji178]Baby Girl [emoji254]EDD 9/30/2017 [emoji178]

https://lmtm.lilypie.com/kIlmm5.png (https://lilypie.com)

Nemcemger
April 21st, 2017, 05:04 PM
Thank you! Since I am 40, I can't go strong on Le diet- but I am not a snacker and hardly ever eat red meat (consume legumes/beans once a week instead). I skip breakfast- only have a bite of my son's toast or something sometimes, if I feel weak when I wake up. I only have a hard time counting sugar/fat/protein in those amounts. I drink decaf coffee with Splenda and cut off all desserts (am not a big fan of sweets- only right before AF). For example, if you're eating like nutrigraib bar or beans for dinner, how do you count your fat and protein? Does anyone know if there's a table or a plan that I can refer to? Thank you so much!!!

Nemcemger
April 21st, 2017, 05:11 PM
And also, on ingender site I've seen some ladies posted they used calcium supplements and cranberry pills, and they had girls. That's the reason why I've been taking both but cranberry pills only 3x a week. And am assuming no prenatals? I take q10 and folic acid on a regular basis.

XXforhubby
April 21st, 2017, 05:11 PM
Sounds like you're doing a great job to me!! Myfitnesspal is what most of us use to track the fat/protein in foods. They have an extensive food list.

[emoji170]8/2010 [emoji170]6/2013 [emoji170]11/2015 [emoji170]
[emoji178]Baby Girl [emoji254]EDD 9/30/2017 [emoji178]

https://lmtm.lilypie.com/kIlmm5.png (https://lilypie.com)

Shannshaff
April 21st, 2017, 05:15 PM
I have used My Fitness Pal to track cals and everything and it worked for me.

Nemcemger
April 21st, 2017, 05:32 PM
Thank you ladies!! Appreciate it!!!

Nemcemger
April 21st, 2017, 06:09 PM
Any of you take vitamin c? I've been taking it every day until about 2 weeks ago - due to cold weather and for protection against any germs that may come from kids schools! Some pages say it sways blue some say pink! Also anyone took cranberry pills- I take them 3x a week, along with q10. Any suggestions? Thank you

AshFind
April 21st, 2017, 07:02 PM
Coming back later!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/23cbe8

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2017, 12:20 PM
I have the case against pH here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/11684-ph-pickle.html Most of us on here have at least one pH opposite (both pink and blue swayers) so I would not go overboard worrying about pH esp. at 40, since pH stuff really lowers odds of conception and time is not our friend here.

RE LE Diet - I have a fertility friendly version of LE in this thread, 5 from the top, called "atomic fertility diet".
Check it out because it will not only help your sway but will also help your egg quality as well.
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html

Re calcium - again, something that many of us have had opposites with. I got my 4th boy at 39 taking about that much calcium so I gave it up when I got my girl at 41/42. But that's totally up to you if you want to keep it in, as long as you're doing the supps instead of the massive amounts of dairy they use on the other sites. Dairy has a LOT of other nutrition in it so eating lots of dairy foods can really potentially sway blue for people.

atomic sagebrush
April 22nd, 2017, 12:25 PM
Any of you take vitamin c? I've been taking it every day until about 2 weeks ago - due to cold weather and for protection against any germs that may come from kids schools! Some pages say it sways blue some say pink! Also anyone took cranberry pills- I take them 3x a week, along with q10. Any suggestions? Thank you

I personally suspect Vit. C sways blue, I was taking it when I got my 3rd and 4th boy, dropped it when I got my girl. The other sites say it sways pink because they believe in pH, but after getting a boy with a pH of 4-5 that never went up till after I was already pregnant, let's just say I'm pretty skeptical.

Cranberry I don't like because in our results it did not help sway and also because it is not safe. 3x a week probably won't hurt anything but don't take it after O in the months you are TTC.

Coq10 I think is ok for both pink and blue swayers to take. It lowers blood sugar and may be good for pink swayers, and also helps egg quality which is good for everyone. (Blue swayers don't need to worry about the lower blood sugar because they eat all day long LOL)

Nemcemger
April 22nd, 2017, 08:44 PM
Thanks atomic! So, the link you sent is mostly referring to PCOS, which I haven't had and don't have any symptoms now. Got my blood work done not long ago and everything (blood sugar, cholesterol and thyroid) seem to be within normal range. Do you recommend the supplements like vitex, dci, magnesium and etc for people without PCOS too? Because I remember reading somewhere here vitex doesn't sway. Also, another reason for me to take calcium supp because I don't eat enough dairy throughout the day- only some cheese (feta or cheddar, snack size) and yogurt (maybe 3 or 4 tbsp) and no milk other than what I put in my coffee. If you don't think I need supp anyway, then one less thing for me to take :) you think dh needs to reduce coffee intake as well? Drinks 3-4 cups a day! Or decaf is ok? That's what I've been doing 1-2 cups a day now. Thank you again

Nemcemger
April 22nd, 2017, 08:49 PM
I don't think I need to take vitamin c anymore anyway, because the winter months have passed and shouldn't have to worry about my immune system. Do you think it may help if dh takes cranberry pills? Since he has diabetes, I thought it may be helpful all the way around. Thanks again

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2017, 01:20 PM
It is in the PCOS thread since 90% of the people who use it have PCOS, but it is called "atomic fertility diet" because it helps with overall fertility that is why I posted it. I am not talking about the PCOS info, I am talking about the diet that is 5 from the top.

Like I said, I think calcium sways blue and I got boys while taking it so very easy for me to give up on. But that is what you need to decide for yourself, some people reallly feel they want to take it and that is up to you. That is about the dairy level I was getting when I conceived my DD.

Coffee sways pink and no need for anyone to cut back on it.

Re DH - many diabetes meds sway pink all on their own (even if you got boys while he was taking them before) and I do not recommend taking herbs with medication unless under the advice of a doctor or with a custom plan.

atomic sagebrush
April 23rd, 2017, 01:22 PM
I have the case against pH here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/11684-ph-pickle.html Most of us on here have at least one pH opposite (both pink and blue swayers) so I would not go overboard worrying about pH esp. at 40, since pH stuff really lowers odds of conception and time is not our friend here.

RE LE Diet - I have a fertility friendly version of LE in this thread, 5 from the top, called "atomic fertility diet".
Check it out because it will not only help your sway but will also help your egg quality as well.
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html

Re calcium - again, something that many of us have had opposites with. I got my 4th boy at 39 taking about that much calcium so I gave it up when I got my girl at 41/42. But that's totally up to you if you want to keep it in, as long as you're doing the supps instead of the massive amounts of dairy they use on the other sites. Dairy has a LOT of other nutrition in it so eating lots of dairy foods can really potentially sway blue for people.

Just to reiterate - in that above thread, 5 from the top, called atomic fertility diet. Not the other stuff in the thread, the post that is 5 from the top and called atomic fertility diet.

Nemcemger
April 24th, 2017, 10:14 AM
What type of herbs do you recommend?

Nemcemger
April 24th, 2017, 10:22 AM
What type of herbs do you recommend?

atomic sagebrush
April 24th, 2017, 01:21 PM
None for a 40 year old

Nemcemger
April 24th, 2017, 07:02 PM
Am sorry, I replied to wrong thread- I was asking about my husband- mentioned he has diabetes and you said that you recommend him take herbs? Am sorry about the confusion :(

atomic sagebrush
April 24th, 2017, 08:08 PM
I think I said for him NOT to take herbs since he was on medication?

atomic sagebrush
April 24th, 2017, 08:10 PM
It is in the PCOS thread since 90% of the people who use it have PCOS, but it is called "atomic fertility diet" because it helps with overall fertility that is why I posted it. I am not talking about the PCOS info, I am talking about the diet that is 5 from the top.

Like I said, I think calcium sways blue and I got boys while taking it so very easy for me to give up on. But that is what you need to decide for yourself, some people reallly feel they want to take it and that is up to you. That is about the dairy level I was getting when I conceived my DD.

Coffee sways pink and no need for anyone to cut back on it.

Re DH - many diabetes meds sway pink all on their own (even if you got boys while he was taking them before) and I do not recommend taking herbs with medication unless under the advice of a doctor or with a custom plan.

I DO NOT recommend taking herbs with medication unless under the advice of a doctor or with a custom plan.

No herbs.

Nemcemger
April 25th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Ok thanks