PDA

View Full Version : Why stressed out moms are more likely to have girls

babydes56
October 19th, 2011, 08:03 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2049938/Stressed-mothers-juggling-home-work-love-lives-likely-girls.html

babydes56
October 19th, 2011, 08:04 AM
This is the opposite of what IG says

love being a mummy
October 19th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Interesting

ELP
October 19th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Have you read the 'worst rated comments' lol, my favourite, 'If a woman was stressed she can conceive a girl to help around the house', it did make me giggle lol.

love being a mummy
October 19th, 2011, 08:19 AM
'If a woman was stressed she can conceive a girl to help around the house', it did make me giggle lol.

hahaha

Babydoctor
October 19th, 2011, 08:20 AM
I saw that article in our Australian papers. A couple of the things, this study only involved a very limited numbers and there are so many other factors. Interesting from my professional point of view, but maybe the factor was the sperm. Maybe it was random. If you tested another 300 or so women would the results be the same?

On a personal note, if it was true trust me I should have had all girls lol.............

Big Hugs Dr H

queen-of-harts
October 19th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Im always stressed and it has not made me have even one girl lol and what about the whole stress/testosterone link we have talked about?

Flava
October 19th, 2011, 11:37 AM
It is true for me . I only have girls and Im always stressed.I have to say I thought about this before that stress is not helping me get a boy I never believed when they said it sway blue.
This time I tried to relax and even listen to soft relaxing music (purple told me to do so lol thanks for her) only the kids made me angry a couple time this last days but I was a lot more relaxed this time so i hope it helps me get that boy.
If I get my bfp that is.

princesssarah34
October 19th, 2011, 12:57 PM
This not true in my case.....I am stressed to the point that I had a dr tell me....you need to take so time for yourself or it will end up killing you in the end!! And I have all boys so far.....not sure yet on the bean in the oven but I am prepared to hear boy in a few weeks.

atomic sagebrush
October 23rd, 2011, 07:54 AM
Well, I personally believe that stress can sway either way, it depends on the way you handle it. If you view the stressors are challenges that you can successfully overcome, then that sways blue. If you feel like the stress is overwhelming and there is nothing you can do about it, that will lower testosterone and sway pink.

Something else to consider is that some people, even when stressed, make a point of getting enough sleep, exercise, and eating right and for some of us that goes out the window and all those factors are things that can sway.

Interesting post thanks for sharing!!