PDA

View Full Version : Having another baby ?

love being a mummy
October 19th, 2011, 08:32 AM
How did you bring up the subject with your partner ?

rainbowflower
October 19th, 2011, 10:18 AM
um... I think, for him, it was obvious because of the way I reacted whenever I saw a little newborn!

queen-of-harts
October 19th, 2011, 10:44 AM
My husband has always said we could have as many as i wanted and whenever i was ready to try for another it was all up to me and just let him know! I know most men are not soo relaxed on the issue so i would just bring the subject up when you are both calm and you have some time to talk about it without getting interupted so dont bring it up when the kids are running all over screaming or asking for a snack and dh is watching tv lol good luck!

purplepoet20
October 19th, 2011, 11:51 AM
My hubby knew I originally wanted a large family... I have a big family but we are not very close and I have seen them 2x's in the last 8 years... I want to have a big family and raise them to be close the way my hubbies family is. But after having DS1 I thought at least 2 kids but no more then 4 kids. My OCD likes even numbers. I would be happy with 3 kids.

When DS2 was born I was happy but I kept talking about a little girl. I layed off for awhile a planned my talk. I started with how I wanted a family to keep me busy so I wouldn't care about how my sibs and parents treat me. And that the table and my heart has an empty space for the little girl I had dreamed of when we first met. We never had a chance to plan for a girl and I want one planned preg and to able to say I tried... I gave him a month of thinking, without talking about it, and then he agreed.

Hubby has been very supportive and follows everything I tell him to do. He has even bought a few things for a girl.

love being a mummy
October 19th, 2011, 07:22 PM
My DH originally said I could have as many kids as I wanted but now we have 5 he has been saying he thinks 5 is enough.
He is always talking about babies and #6 etc I don't know if they are subtle hints, I have just been joking along with him I don't know how to tell him I really do want #6.
I think it's cause I know he will say it will be another girl, I don't think he would believe in swaying.
:nails: :nails:
I just have to find the right time to talk about it.

ELP
October 20th, 2011, 04:58 AM
I think you need to thorougly do your research here and make sure that you really do believe in swaying, then convincing your DH will be easy! You know what the guys are like, you can usually bring them round to your way of thinking with a bit of coaxing lol. little bits of information like 'The highest probability of conceiving a boy is after 3 girls in a row' 'More boys are born after a good nut harvest, fancy a peanut dear' lol. By the sound of things your DH is probably not going to take too much persuading:agree: Just really look into your lifestyle, read all the information available, including the ttc girl info so you can see what pattern you may fit into and take it from there!!

love being a mummy
October 20th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Great suggestion, I didn't really think about looking into the girl sway. But it makes sense.
I guess I worried about confusing myself.
My PH is very low and he had a blood test a few months ago and it showed he has a low testosterone level ( still within "normal" limits but right at the very bottom level)
I joked and said so thats why we have 4 girls and the Dr laughed.
I have been trying to get him to take zinc and L-arg, told him it will help in the bedroom hahaha

ELP
October 20th, 2011, 05:36 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about PH, I'm pretty sure that has been disproven?? But alot of us put our DH's on Co-Q10, and a good mens over 50's multi-vit as this contained most of what you need in one pill but in higher amounts in the over 50's brands:agree: personally for my string of pinks I would spend my day eating bread and chocolate lol, pretty much all day, so if this is you aswell, then start with cutting these and replacing with nuts and dried fruit instead, a good solid healthy start:agree:.

love being a mummy
October 20th, 2011, 05:51 AM
OMG I love bread and chocolate it's all I really eat lol
I thought it was all about the PH levels isn't that why we do the diet?
I've been trying to replace bread with rice cakes is that ok ?

ELP
October 20th, 2011, 10:44 AM
rice cakes again imo not very nutritious. I switched to nuts, mainly for me it was peanuts, walnuts and brazil nuts you need suprisingly few to actually fill you up:agree: And if you have a bit of cheese and a tomato with it, mmm,mmm,mmm deliciuos!! Or if your in a sweet mood I added dried apricots and figs, I'd never really eaten figs before so the 1st few was for the cause lol, but now I've got a taste for them and am still eating them daily:agree:

Funny about the bread and chocolate isn't it! I also found when i've dropped them that my persistant yi around ov stopped, sorry if tmi, adn my up and down mood swings from the sugar crashes stopped, my house became a much nicer place to be!!!

CapricornAquarius
October 24th, 2011, 07:52 PM

Thats what I thought to???

We always said we'd have 3 children, so it was real easy for me. Funny enough in the last 2 weeks I started to reconsider even trying for a 3rd (long story I thought I missed my O this month) cause Im so scared of a failed sway, but in the end God had other plans, he made the decision for me.

Dd1 :ballerina: Dd2 :giggle: & :omg: Im :pregnant:

TTC5
October 24th, 2011, 10:23 PM
OMG I love bread and chocolate it's all I really eat lol
I've been trying to replace bread with rice cakes is that ok ?

No but pH is one factor. Overall many of us do believe that it is more about NUTRITION than anything else. Look at 3 pink1blue, she has a boy on the way and her pH was not high at all!