PDA

View Full Version : Help frequency help! Girl sway - how many times to bd before fertile window?

Sagirl1
May 22nd, 2017, 04:45 PM
Hello, so i finish my round of clomid tomorrow and af ginished cd6. Now on cd 8. We havnt bd yet? Was planning on doing e4d method to ensure i get only one attempt in fertile window but im concerned by the following

1, what is dh doesnt want to folloe this pattern or regimintes of when to bd.
2.what has higher sucess rate, one bd/ abstinence and then one attempt at opk

Although i am on clomid i am fairly fertile without it, i am 27 and dh is 24. Would you reccomend one attempt at pos opk but one bd /abstenince before leading up to it?

Is there a big effect of how many times you bd and when before the fertile window?

What is the latest you can start e4d method to be effective

Even though i am on clomid but i ovulate on my own do i need to get preggo fast to increase the chanves pf getting a girl before clomid wears off, struggling to decide what to do. I only have one month of clomid

I would loke the most evidenced at being effective method if possible. Either bd e4d or abstinance

atomic sagebrush
May 22nd, 2017, 11:02 PM
None of these things can be compared to tell you what "the most effective" is. Different groups of people do them and they do many things differently between the two groups. it is like comparing apples and oranges.

If you are doing e4d you need to start it right away. If one of the days hubby won't BD, just have intercourse the next day and then start counting 4 days from THAT day (the new day)

If this is your first month on Clomid most people do want to give it a try with abstain (or FR) plus one attempt that first month. But ONLY if you have a full run of Clomid, since you only have a month I'd prob. go straight to e4d.

We are not able to track data to that level of specificity to answer the questions you're asking me. We just don't know.

So, long story short, I think you guys need to start having unprotected sex every 4 days starting right away and going through till when you're certain you've ovulated (even if this means going all the way till the next AF) If you REALLY want to boost odds of conception then add in another attempt (while continuing the e4d pattern) at positive OPK. This may be somewhat more blue friendly than e4d alone, but will boost odds of conception.

Sagirl1
May 23rd, 2017, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the response , ttied to bd tonight cd9 but dh had trouble to release due to taking a pre workout supplement too late, hoping tomprrow cd10 ee can bd and then syart the e4d from tomorrow or is that too late to start that method? I keep testing using opk to male sure ibdont miss ovulation.

atomic sagebrush
May 24th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Well, it's not too late, but next month please start after AF ends to avoid this last minute rush feeling. This is especially important when on Clomid.

I would strongly suggest since this is a bit on the fly, for you to add in attempt at positive OPK as well. I think CD 10 and 14 are going to be mighty slim chances of conception and since you have only the month of Clomid I think it is well worth it to do so.

atomic sagebrush
May 24th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Well, it's not too late, but next month please start after AF ends to avoid this last minute rush feeling. This is especially important when on Clomid.

I would strongly suggest since this is a bit on the fly, for you to add in attempt at positive OPK as well. I think CD 10 and 14 are going to be mighty slim chances of conception and since you have only the month of Clomid I think it is well worth it to do so.

Sagirl1
May 24th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Thankyou i see, when i took clomid my last day was yesterday cd9 it says ovulatuon can occur anytime between 6-9 days after last pill so if i was to bd now and them wvery four days would that still be a very limoted chance of conception? Would the plus one attempt at opk be to risky to conceive boy? Im normally ovulate on owm and very fertile , clomid was for sway purposes. Also dh has now decided npt to wamt to take supplements , is that a major sway factor ruined ? Many thanks

atomic sagebrush
May 24th, 2017, 02:02 PM
No, it's not very limited, most take it CD 3-7 so if you've only just had your last dose then it's practically impossible that you'd O this soon. Just start with e4d now. I can't tell you if adding attempt at positive is too risky or not, just beyond my ability to know. I think it would probably be more blue friendly than e4d but will boost odds of conception. Only you can decide if your'e ok with that or not.

I don't think the supps for DH are even doing anything (other than smoking) so I wouldn't worry abou tit

Sagirl1
May 24th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Awesome thankyou for your response, yeah he doesnt smoke anyway ? Thanks

atomic sagebrush
May 25th, 2017, 08:38 AM
That's fine, my point was that is the only supp (if you can call it that LOL) that I'm convinced is actually making a difference. The other ones either haven't worked in our results or else have seemed to work but I think it's a statistical quirk (the OLE)