PDA

View Full Version : My boy sway! Any recommendations??

TtcBlue18
May 24th, 2017, 12:01 PM
July 2017.

DW Age: 23

DH Age: 27

Number of cycles it took to concieve: 2

Current Children's Gender(s): 2 Girls

Length of sway before TTC: 6 weeks diet, 3 months supplements

Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan: No

MEAL EXAMPLES

Breakfast: Multigrain cheerios with whole milk, banana

Snack: Apple slices/celery with peanutbutter

Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs, shredded cheese, whole grain toast with butter, Orange juice

Snack: Dove dark chocolate and cheese

Dinner: Stew (I eat red meat with lots of vegetables every night at dinner)

Night Snacks: fruit with cheese

SUPPLEMENTS

DW supplements:
Prenatal
2400 Mcg folic acid
probiotic
1200 MG fish oil every other day

DH supplements:
Men's 1 a day multivitamin
1200 MG fish oil
Probiotic

DIET

Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes

If yes to diet, which one did you most follow?
HE (High Everything)

Comments regarding DW's diet changes:
Added lots fruits, Vegetables, Eggs, Animal fats, Meat to Diet, stopped drinking coffee all together (used to have 5-6 cups a day), cut out all sweets with the exception of dark chocolate (I have a MAJOR sweet tooth!)

If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
9 weeks

Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Never

Did DH change his diet with you?
Yes a little. He ate what I cooked and a lot of hard boiled eggs.

Comments regarding DH's diet:
Not the healthiest (fast food, etc, but better than before)

Did you consume alcohol?
No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
Very much so

WEIGHT AND EXERCISE

What did you weigh/BMI leading up to attempt:

THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO

pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known:
Don't keep track because I feel it stresses me unnecessarily

CM pH at attempt:
?

DH pH:
I've only checked his once ever and it was 8.5

THE DEED INFO

How many BD attempts did you make for the cycle?

BD Pattern:
Every other day leading up to O and 3 attempts after +opk (O-4, O-2, O-1 am & pm)

BD Position:
standing, legs on dh shoulders, missionary

Any additional comments?
Reached O every time

Any relevant attempt details?
---

Did you do anything with Ions?
No

Moon Phase during conception?
?

Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
No

Things that make me feel great about my sway:
So much different from my girls. I feel i followed the HE diet to a T after previously living a very pro girl lifestyle.

Things that make me nervous about my sway:
My husband smokes a lot and drinks. His diet isn't super healthy, even though it is better.

Things worth mentioning:
I didn't lift weights, but did do a lot of yard work.

atomic sagebrush
May 24th, 2017, 03:14 PM
What's the timing on the snacks?

May be a long stretch between breakfast (not a ton of protein in that) and lunch so maybe sneak a snack in there!

(sneak a snack sounds like a lost Dr. Seuss book)

atomic sagebrush
May 24th, 2017, 03:14 PM
What's the timing on the snacks?

May be a long stretch between breakfast (not a ton of protein in that) and lunch so maybe sneak a snack in there!

(sneak a snack sounds like a lost Dr. Seuss book)

TtcBlue18
May 24th, 2017, 04:08 PM
I usually snack between each meal and then before bed.

If I add in some yogurt with breakfast for protein, would it be okay if it's NOT full fat? I get way more animal fats as it is, but I just can't stomach Greek yogurt or cottage cheese...

Thank you for taking the time to read my sway! :)

atomic sagebrush
May 25th, 2017, 08:51 AM
as long as you're snacking between breakfast and lunch what you're eating is fine.

I prefer you guys NEVER do skim dairy or even semi-skimmed as I think it may sway pink. I would just be sure to have a snack mid-morning instead.

TtcBlue18
May 25th, 2017, 09:30 AM
This may be a silly question, but if chess does not say "fat free" or "reduced fat" then it's always whole fat, right? I always snack on kraft sharp cheddar..

atomic sagebrush
May 25th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Yes! Not a silly question at all BTW!!

TtcBlue18
May 25th, 2017, 11:09 AM
I think I'm just getting paranoid. I'm so afraid i will unknowingly do something wrong, end up with another girl and always blame myself. I think I'm also worried that no matter how good my sway is, I'm incapable of conceiving a boy. I guess those fears are common in gender swaying though.

meoab
May 25th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Very common hun. I am very much worried too and trying not to think about it. Two of my sister in laws are having a son, two of my friends got theis boy and a few other women I know who had boys. Actually I know in total of 8 people who either just had or are having a boy. I feel kinda miserable as I know people are expecting me to have a boy and it feels awful...scary. I am always defending myself and even caught myself on a lie multiple times by saying that I dont want boys. I think many feel like this. Good öucl hun

TtcBlue18
May 25th, 2017, 04:00 PM
When I was pregnant with my first daughter (before I knew her gender) I wanted a boy, but told people I wanted a girl, I guess because I was trying to convince myself and save myself the disappointment. I did the same with my 2nd daughter. I just had a strong feeling it was another girl, like I couldn't possible be lucky enough to get a little boy. Now that I have my two daughters (that I love very much and obviously wouldn't change a thing!) I'm done lying to myself, I want that boy!!! I want him enough that I'm willing to risk having another girl instead. But praying I'm one of the fortunate ones.

Good luck, meoab! I truly hope you get your son as well!

atomic sagebrush
May 25th, 2017, 07:32 PM
It is totally normal, but I promise it is possible for everyone to conceive boys and girls. The whole human race would have died out a long time ago if gender worked that way!! :)

Jconger
May 26th, 2017, 12:22 AM
When I was pregnant with my first daughter (before I knew her gender) I wanted a boy, but told people I wanted a girl, I guess because I was trying to convince myself and save myself the disappointment. I did the same with my 2nd daughter. I just had a strong feeling it was another girl, like I couldn't possible be lucky enough to get a little boy. Now that I have my two daughters (that I love very much and obviously wouldn't change a thing!) I'm done lying to myself, I want that boy!!! I want him enough that I'm willing to risk having another girl instead. But praying I'm one of the fortunate ones.

Good luck, meoab! I truly hope you get your son as well!

This is me exactly!!! We find out in a week and I'm so scared. Wondering if I should wait so I'm not disappointed again... but I really feel like this could be my son... finally. Praying. Good luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TtcBlue18
May 26th, 2017, 07:21 AM
Good luck!!

I think I would have to find out sooner rather than later! If boy then whoo hoo! If girl than waiting won't change that, so me personally, I would want the most possible time to adjust before meeting my little one.

I will drop by your page every now and then to see when you announce gender! :)

:fingers:

4blue2pink
May 27th, 2017, 07:38 AM
fingers crossed so hard for you Ttcblue18!! been a pink swayer im no expert on blue sways but this looks good to me!! :D i really believe the snacking is key, there are sooo many pink swayers (me included) who were all day snack addicts when we got our boys.

good luck for when you start ttc! xx

TtcBlue18
May 27th, 2017, 10:48 PM
Thank you so much, that means the world to me!

That's good to know because each day I swear I snack even more! I started out forcing myself to eat. I was never a big eater. Skipped breakfast daily since 5th grade, skipped lunch most days too. Snacked on candy and soda and drank like 4+ cups of coffee a day. So needless to say this is a huge alteration for me! I gained 4 pounds the first 2 weeks and now holding steady (although I'm eating even MORE than 2500 calories a day now! So crazy to say that!) But I guess the difference is I don't really eat meals, besides breakfast, I just snack on meat, cheese, Eggs, Fruits and veggies all day long and a couple snacks tend to be a little larger. Is that kinda the typical boy-mom life?

TtcBlue18
May 27th, 2017, 10:56 PM
I guess I should be a little more specific.. when I say I snack on those things, I mean I love to eat fruit and cheese together, or peanutbutter with apple slices or celery, or cook up some stew and just steal a few bites here and there all day long.

4blue2pink
May 28th, 2017, 05:53 AM

That's good to know because each day I swear I snack even more! I started out forcing myself to eat. I was never a big eater. Skipped breakfast daily since 5th grade, skipped lunch most days too. Snacked on candy and soda and drank like 4+ cups of coffee a day. So needless to say this is a huge alteration for me! I gained 4 pounds the first 2 weeks and now holding steady (although I'm eating even MORE than 2500 calories a day now! So crazy to say that!) But I guess the difference is I don't really eat meals, besides breakfast, I just snack on meat, cheese, Eggs, Fruits and veggies all day long and a couple snacks tend to be a little larger. Is that kinda the typical boy-mom life?

YES that is boy mum life!! snack snack snack away!! haha seriously have a look at

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-boy/52279-how-we-got-our-boys-2-a.html

and you will see basically every one of us ate all day long in one form or another! some ate huge meals with snacks in between while others (myself included) just picked at food all day long "grazing" if you like! what we all had in common was that our blood sugar would have been fairly stable all day long every day. we were all unintentionally doing boy friendly eating patterns.

when i switched to LE i was on 2 meals a day with no snacks so my blood sugar was low for hours between eating times, completely different than with the boys as i never really got properly hungry with them or had blood sugar lows due to always picking at food.

if your avoiding that shaky/empty/hungry feeling all day long then your spot on id say! your food choices sound great, i will be honest and say that i didnt touch lots of what is recommended for HE when i got my boys due to not liking the foods :-/ and i also never ate breakfast from being aged around 8/9 (i never feel hungry in the mornings) but would start snacking mid-morning before any hunger really kicked in. the only proper meal i would have was tea. PLEASE DONT change your sway to copy me though!! im just putting this to be honest :)

what your doing is a huge change from when you had your girls, are you eating a snack before bed? that is another thing almost all boy mums seem to have in common, i would often do this as it made it easier for me to fall asleep.

can i ask (if its not too personal) where your girls conceived with a girl friendly bd pattern? again most boy mums have un-knowingly followed a boy friendly bd pattern on top of the diet! xx

TtcBlue18
May 28th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Oh I totally get it, I won't change it. Thank you for sharing your experience! I feel like the longer I'm on the diet the more time I have to perfect it, so your experience makes me feel much better about the first week or two I was on the diet and maybe didn't quite have the hang of it. One thing for example is the recommendation to have 2 eggs a day. I didn't find that post until 2 weeks in so I felt uneasy about that lol.

I do have a snack before bed as I too noticed that seemed greatly important. I graze all day, every 2-3 hours with my last snack before bed.

My girls were conceived with what I would call a lack of pattern lol. My hubby is a farmer and works from 6am to well after dark. 95% of the time he's left before I wake. Some nights I'm in bed before he gets home. We dont really have sex but maybe once every week or two. So it's very clear to me why I have two daughters (and why it took me 8 months to conceive my first daughter at the age of 19). Of course now I have it marked on the calendar for every 3 days, and that way if he's too exhausted after work then he knows to prepare for tomorrow so well still be within the 4 day gap. :)

4blue2pink
May 28th, 2017, 10:08 AM
i was like that with the LE diet, i felt like the longer i was on it the more i got into the swing of it and it just became normal :) your eating pattern sounds spot on! stick with it :D

you were so girl friendly! it took me 8/9 months to conceive my first at 19 too! if you can get all your bd attempts in around DH's work i think your in with such a strong chance at blue! xx

atomic sagebrush
May 28th, 2017, 10:14 AM

Yes exactly. Just all day grazing.

The "candy and diet coke" meal is def. a girl mom thing!!

atomic sagebrush
May 28th, 2017, 10:16 AM
The eggs are not make or break though. These things are just goals to aim at. The important thing is eating more than you were when you got your girls.

TtcBlue18
May 28th, 2017, 11:14 AM
I do feel I have a strong chance at a boy because of all the changes. Other days though I just think to myself, "who am I kidding?" I can't even imagine hearing the words "it's a boy" or ever having a son. I love seeing other people's outcomes because 1) it makes me happy for them and 2) it gives me hope every time I see a successful sway because I know most of them felt this way too!

TtcBlue18
May 28th, 2017, 11:19 AM
The eggs are not make or break though. These things are just goals to aim at. The important thing is eating more than you were when you got your girls.

Thank you Atomic! That's kinda what I thought but I still obsess over the little things. I had 2 servings of low fat yogurt in the first 2 weeks as well and then hearing low fat dairy sways girl, it made me freak lol. I just know if my sway fails I'll think it was the yogurt I ate 6 weeks ago! Or it's because I didn't eat 2 eggs every day a month ago! Lol but I know that's not really how it works so I try not to beat myself up.

atomic sagebrush
May 29th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Yep that's not the way it works! Trust me, most of us boy moms had off days and days we didn't eat as much or ate semi-skimmed milk or didn't eat eggs that often but it's just goals to aim at.

searching for twin baby b
May 30th, 2017, 03:37 AM
So true I gained lots of weight than ever before but it was all worth it,thank you so much Atomic.

Sent from my SM-E500H using Tapatalk

searching for twin baby b
May 30th, 2017, 03:42 AM
Ttc blue 18 that's a nice sway i was such a sweet tooth too when I got my girls but...I had to cut out all the sweets for my successful boy sway and it helped alot.

Praying you get your boy!

Sent from my SM-E500H using Tapatalk

Imama
May 31st, 2017, 04:50 PM
Great Plan TtcBLue18! I have two son and eat exactly as you! I ate always a lot of eggs and snack all day long.
Good luck
hope you hear [emoji170]

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

lovellcute
June 1st, 2017, 06:10 AM
So interesting! I'm such a typical boy mum
I quite literally eat all day everyday! Wake up and eat everything I could get my hands on, I never had 'lunch' but would just eat all day
Then a massive meal at night and then eat again all evening
And always always always had snacks before bed!
And we had typical boy BD pattern too!
So now I'm having 3 meals a day with no snacking, and skipping breakfast, it feels completely weird and abnormal for me!
I think if a sway feels completely alien and different then you're doing something right!
Sending blue dust your way xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TtcBlue18
June 2nd, 2017, 11:05 AM
Thank you ladies! Sorry I didn't see your comments until just now. That makes me feel great about the effort I've put in :) Thanks again for your opinions. I really appreciate it!