PDA

View Full Version : Length of time on diet

lovellcute
June 1st, 2017, 06:12 AM
I'm swaying pink and have only been doing it for 3 days but am struggling!
And I feel I've lost some weight already and I have absolutely NO weight to loose
Would 6 weeks on the diet be ok or is 12 weeks really so much better?
Was thinking it will likely take a few months to conceive so if I started trying after 6 weeks then by the time I was pregnant it would be nearer or over 12 weeks?
Any experience or thoughts welcome!!!

P.s I MISS SNACKING AHHHH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2017, 12:07 PM
Increase calories to stop weight loss using mostly carbs and vegetable based fats.

Yes, I want people who are very slim (and in fact, virtually everyone) to start TTC at the 6-8 week mark because most people do want to give it 1-2 months on strict sway with lots of tactics and then drop things.

What I DO NOT want anyone to do is sway diet for 12 weeks or more before even starting to TTC, then do a really strict sway for another 12 weeks or more, and only after 6-9 months finally consider dropping stuff. Pick your poison, ladies - strict sway with less time on diet, or diet 12 weeks+ with a more relaxed sway right from the get-go.

lovellcute
June 1st, 2017, 12:10 PM
Thank you that's great advice!!
I thought it had to be 12 weeks before even trying and that felt abit overwhelming
So I will stick to my plan on 6/8 weeks strict sway and then start ttc and see what happens!

Is there a limit on carbs?
What sort of things could I add to meals? Bread?

Many thanks x

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2017, 12:41 PM
The only "limit" on carbs is simply that you're limiting cals overall. Some with moderate to severe PCOS will need to keep an eye on carbs but most don't.

Have you been able to access the Dream Members section yet? There is a thread called "quick fixes for diet disasters" that has a lot of options in it.

I think you need to keep an eye on your OVERALL nutrient needs - I can't just say "eat this or that" because everyone is eating different combos of foods and they may be better off eating something different than another person. :)

lovellcute
June 1st, 2017, 02:40 PM
Could you post a link to the diet disasters thread please? Can't seem to find it x

atomic sagebrush
June 2nd, 2017, 09:41 AM
Ladies, please note this is a Dream Members thread so if you are not a Dream Member, you won't be able to open this thread.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/le-diet-info-general-posting-forum/6976-quick-fixes-diet-disasters.html