PDA

View Full Version : cycle length and gender?

love being a mummy
October 20th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Does the length of your cycle influence the gender.

My cycle is usually between 28-32 days but when I was ttc baby #2 I was having cycles from 40-45days and thats when I got my son.

Flava
October 20th, 2011, 09:21 AM
I read somewhere that if your cycle from O to AF is short then it's a bigger chance for a boy.
Well not sure if I believe that because mine is short and have no boy ...but I know it was longer before and now that I ttc I noticed it is shorter.Like 11-12 days. It's ok to test for me 11dpo because that is when AF suppose to show.
But really just can't believe cycle length sways.

rainbowflower
October 20th, 2011, 11:18 AM
yes there is a study that says that a longer follicular phase (time from AF - OV) is more likely to result in a girl: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7769053?dopt=Abstract

KnockYourBallsOff
December 14th, 2011, 01:54 PM
My AF-O is usually 22-24 days, and I have all boys, so the study isn't true for me....But I also have a short lp.

LolaInLove
December 15th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I think it had something to do with your estrogen and progesterone levels.....something about more progesterone = girls so a longer LP meant more likely to have a girl. A longer LP would make your cycle longer in general. But......I am not sure I put too much stock in worrying about this. I think there are bigger swaying things to tackle like diet and sperm count and whatnot.