PDA

View Full Version : Genesis: Successful despite old age and own eggs? Anyone?

SoFullofHope
June 6th, 2017, 03:55 PM

Dreaming of a girl
June 6th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Dear SoFullofHope,

I am cycling with genesis at the end of this month. I am 37 and am using my own eggs and doing a fresh transfer. I had good pre testing results. I have had two boys naturally and am hoping for a girl. Obviously it is a risk that I take and there is no guarantee's.

I have been emailing Dr Savaas and the clinic and find I get really quick replies until this week but I assume they are busy.

I will let you know how it goes, I'm getting nervous now!

SoFullofHope
June 6th, 2017, 04:47 PM

LouiseR12
June 6th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Hi SoFullofHope, I'm in the same boat as you. I've decided on Genesis, but I'm continually worrying I've made the wrong decision due to my age (39). I'll be following your thread with interest. I've got my pre-testing booked in 3 weeks, so it will be interesting to see what that comes back with. xx

nuthinbutpink
June 6th, 2017, 07:35 PM
39 is hard at any clinic statistically but all you can do is try.

LouiseR12
June 6th, 2017, 10:57 PM
Hi nuthinbutpink, yes absolutely. xx

ever hopeful
June 7th, 2017, 05:03 AM
I went to Genesis when I was 44 (almost 45) and against all of the odds got a BFP first time with an XX but sadly, after good Beta's and HB scan had a m/c at 9 weeks - only FISH tested. Second cycle when I was 45 did a tandem one - this time used full testing on my embies and again against all odds got a healthy XX - put this one back along with a FISH tested DE and my gorgeous DD is now 3. With regards to Savvas found him a nightmare via email and not brilliant on the telephone but face-to-face he was excellent. He gave me very honest opinion about my chances 10% first shot but said all we could do was try (I had my 2 of my 3 DSs in my 40's naturally, without probs, but obviously at 44 pre-testing wasn't good). Good luck x

SoFullofHope
June 7th, 2017, 01:09 PM

SoFullofHope
June 7th, 2017, 01:14 PM

Shree1990
August 29th, 2017, 06:17 AM
I have two friends who were successful but they are both under 30.

MRPR14
October 26th, 2017, 07:16 AM
Hi- wanted to cycle with Genesis- how did you find it?

Pepper
October 26th, 2017, 10:10 AM
I just contacted them through their website. At the beginning they take some time to answer but their reply is quicker as you go on with the process.

MRPR14
October 30th, 2017, 07:16 AM
where did you stay when you are out there?
any advice you can give me on the professionalism of the clinic and doctor?
Thanks

little_quickstepper
October 30th, 2017, 02:11 PM
I've done 3 cycles with Genesis recently. BFN so far. I'm 38.

However the clinic is very professional and the staff do go out of their way to be supportive and friendly. Savvas is very earnest and realistic face-to-face but you'll have a hard time catching him on the phone. Best time to phone is about 9am UK time (11am Cyprus time). That's when all the egg collections are usually over. If I lived out there I would probably keep going back until I get a result, but alas, our finances have seized up.

Pepper
October 31st, 2017, 06:00 PM
I liked the team and I think the procedures were good as they agreed with everything my clinic in Spain advised.
In Limassol you can stay anywhere as it is a very touristic area. I looked for cheap apartments on booking. Both where nice and conveniently close to the clinic.

MBgirldreaming
May 23rd, 2018, 09:55 AM
Thank you for this post, its given me hope. I'm 42 with 3 little boys and have been dreaming of a girl forever. I shouldn't have left it till now- but worry if I wait any longer the chances will just be slimmer. I've been in touch with Rainsbury but the cost is so high 23k (he says I'll need 3 rounds given my age and that we don't want twins). I've come across Genesis quite a bit now and have a call lined up with them in a few days. So how does it work, who does all the scanning, etc here in the UK?

atomic sagebrush
May 23rd, 2018, 12:21 PM
Thank you for this post, its given me hope. I'm 42 with 3 little boys and have been dreaming of a girl forever. I shouldn't have left it till now- but worry if I wait any longer the chances will just be slimmer. I've been in touch with Rainsbury but the cost is so high 23k (he says I'll need 3 rounds given my age and that we don't want twins). I've come across Genesis quite a bit now and have a call lined up with them in a few days. So how does it work, who does all the scanning, etc here in the UK?

The original poster ended up having really poor testing results and ended up TTC naturally. (she did get a girl though)

Your chances with your own eggs are going to be really, really poor. I think you need to consider, seriously consider donor eggs. I know that's not what you are probably hoping to hear but that will be your best bet.

FWIW I find that Genesis will promise you all sorts of things that may not be entirely true. They don't have as good of a success rate as other clinics and I cannot recommend going to them if you have anything less than absolutely optimal fertility. Please look into other options before proceeding with Genesis unless you really do have money burning a hole in your pocket, LOL, because you may end up spending time and money on a clinic that will not be your very best chances of success. Good luck!

atomic sagebrush
May 23rd, 2018, 12:24 PM
I went to Genesis when I was 44 (almost 45) and against all of the odds got a BFP first time with an XX but sadly, after good Beta's and HB scan had a m/c at 9 weeks - only FISH tested. Second cycle when I was 45 did a tandem one - this time used full testing on my embies and again against all odds got a healthy XX - put this one back along with a FISH tested DE and my gorgeous DD is now 3. With regards to Savvas found him a nightmare via email and not brilliant on the telephone but face-to-face he was excellent. He gave me very honest opinion about my chances 10% first shot but said all we could do was try (I had my 2 of my 3 DSs in my 40's naturally, without probs, but obviously at 44 pre-testing wasn't good). Good luck x

Please understand, everyone, when reading this post, that this poster implanted BOTH a donor egg and her own egg at the same time, same cycle. She did end up pregnant but do not take this to mean that this was necessarily from her own egg because it's far more likely that it was the DE that took. I just really really want people to understand that and not stop reading at "I got pregnant at nearly 45 at Genesis" because this is not going to be the case for the vast majority of 40-45 year olds unless you do donor eggs.

MBgirldreaming
May 23rd, 2018, 03:17 PM
Thank you atomic sagebrush for that advice. Searching through the minefield to find a clinic that would give me the best chance given my age (42) of using my own eggs. If that doesn't work we'll look into donor eggs. Thanks again!

Pepper
May 24th, 2018, 02:39 AM
I agree with atomic that HT at 42 doesn’t give many chances. Anyway, it is good you are going to give your eggs a try but also considering DE is good as you will have a plan in case it doesn’t work out.

atomic sagebrush
May 24th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Thank you atomic sagebrush for that advice. Searching through the minefield to find a clinic that would give me the best chance given my age (42) of using my own eggs. If that doesn't work we'll look into donor eggs. Thanks again!

Best of luck!