PDA

View Full Version : Day 3, Day 5 or Day 6 Transfer

SoFullofHope
June 6th, 2017, 04:07 PM

Pinkmama
June 6th, 2017, 05:32 PM
I don't know this as a fact, but i think that FET is the best option, specially if you had a cycle where you were hyper stimulated

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

SoFullofHope
June 6th, 2017, 05:37 PM

Pepper
June 6th, 2017, 06:07 PM
As I was told from many doctors while my cycles, chances of pregnancy are very similar with fresh or frozen embryos these days.
Of course, this embryos have to be frozen by vitrification. However, I think that's the standard method nowadays.

nicoler
June 6th, 2017, 07:22 PM
HRC (and some other US clinics) can do Day 5 biopsy with an overnight turnaround time and fresh transfer on Day 6. Day 6 transfer is just as successful as a day 5 transfer as long as you are working with a good clinic.

nuthinbutpink
June 6th, 2017, 07:33 PM
If you go to HRC, you can do a day 5 biopsy, day 6 transfer and not have to pay for a FET.

nuthinbutpink
June 6th, 2017, 07:34 PM
No good clinic does day 3 biopsy anymore.

SoFullofHope
June 7th, 2017, 01:18 PM

Pinkmama
June 7th, 2017, 01:25 PM
I've read a study that compares day 6 transfer and FET, results are more or less the same.
Here's the study
http://www.fertstert.org/article/S0015-0282(13)02566-1/abstract

It's just one study but it's worth reading I guess

If you been hyper stimulated any good clinic will advise on a FET.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

nuthinbutpink
June 7th, 2017, 01:40 PM
With day-6 transfer, I'm just worried because they say that embryos don't thrive so well in labs and if you wait longer than 5 days, your chances are decreasing very quickly, with day-6 transfers already giving you a much lower chance than with a day-5 transfer.

Plus: If you've been stimulated a lot, it sounds wiser to vitrify the embryos, give your body a month or two to recover and then come back for a FET.

But maybe I'm just overthinking it...

This ALL depends on the skill of the clinic, lab and embryology team. EVERYTHING matters and if they are not great at what they do, embryos may be impacted at any point in culture. If you produce too many eggs, you will be required to freeze. Other than that, it simply depends on the location of the testing and the lab skill.

SoFullofHope
June 7th, 2017, 02:18 PM

SoFullofHope
June 7th, 2017, 02:21 PM