PDA

View Full Version : Clinic C - No Gender Disclosure Anymore?

SoFullofHope
June 8th, 2017, 05:59 PM

nuthinbutpink
June 8th, 2017, 06:50 PM
It's happened more than once but I think it was the embryologist once and one doctor was not willing. Bottom line, if you cycle where it is illegal, anything is possible.

SoFullofHope
June 9th, 2017, 02:05 PM

Floris
June 9th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Dear Nuthinbutpink, was that really clinic c - or rather clinic r?

It was clinic R that didn't reveal the gender until afterwards. Clinic C have had some trouble too. But it was a mistake done by the lab, they transferred the wrong gender. But the woman and the clinic came to an agreement I think. They said it was the womans fault at the start. That she had have unprotected sex during her embryo transfer. I don't know how it ended. But this is what I've heard.

SoFullofHope
June 9th, 2017, 03:10 PM

atomic sagebrush
June 9th, 2017, 09:16 PM
It was clinic R that didn't reveal the gender until afterwards. Clinic C have had some trouble too. But it was a mistake done by the lab, they transferred the wrong gender. But the woman and the clinic came to an agreement I think. They said it was the womans fault at the start. That she had have unprotected sex during her embryo transfer. I don't know how it ended. But this is what I've heard.

I'm not sure that this was Clinic C or if it was it was in addition to another, similar incident that happened on Cyprus.

If memory serves, the couple that I'm thinking of had to legally agree that they did this and sign papers to that effect to be able to cycle again at a reduced cost or some very outrageous thing like that. She insisted she had most certainly not had sex during her egg retrieval.

SoFullofHope
June 10th, 2017, 06:39 AM

Babygirlquest
June 10th, 2017, 11:33 AM

SoFullofHope
June 10th, 2017, 11:47 AM

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2017, 11:56 AM
I'm not certain that this means it's true but I know that on another site, many women were talking about the clinic c gender mix up. There was also a mix up at Genesis too which you can read thread on here.

I'm fairly certain the one I'm thinking of happened at Genesis and so yes if anyone can link the thread onto here that would be great! I just can't recall enough specifics to know what thread it was.

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2017, 12:00 PM
So, unless it's a rumour that's getting spread from website to website, it's probably true indeed. I've also read about a mix-up at both Genesis and clinic r.

Horrible that these things have happened; and also makes me a lot less inclined to give them a chance... :-(

Here is the thing though. The reason you shouldn't give them a chance is because Genesis has not got stellar results and/or been less than impressive in a variety of areas, and because the Cz. clinics, you are always taking a gamble that they won't disclose the info. Not because of mixups which are super rare. If you look at the big picture the main issues (poor practices and illegality/uncertainty) are much, much more concerning than a lightning strike event.

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2017, 12:01 PM
So, unless it's a rumour that's getting spread from website to website, it's probably true indeed. I've also read about a mix-up at both Genesis and clinic r.

Horrible that these things have happened; and also makes me a lot less inclined to give them a chance... :-(

Oh, it's no rumor, I don't spread rumors. This actually happened it's just that I can't recall the details clearly and mention in the hopes that someone who did recall them would chime in. :)

coralsky
June 10th, 2017, 12:21 PM
Is this the one atomic?
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-family-balancing-info-and-current-cycles/13848-help-its-boy.html
This is the one I remember from Genesis a few years ago, when the lady transferred XX and had a little boy.. it was a long while ago though, and like you say surely one of those 'lightning wont strike twice' things.. hope that helps re the specifics of that situation though at least. :)

SoFullofHope
June 10th, 2017, 12:30 PM

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Is this the one atomic?
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-family-balancing-info-and-current-cycles/13848-help-its-boy.html
This is the one I remember from Genesis a few years ago, when the lady transferred XX and had a little boy.. it was a long while ago though, and like you say surely one of those 'lightning wont strike twice' things.. hope that helps re the specifics of that situation though at least. :)

Yep that's the one, thanks so much Coral!!

Egad, 70 pages! I won't be scrolling thru all that to recall the specifics but yes that's exactly the one, thanks my friend!!

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2017, 01:35 PM
No, not at all, I was just hoping someone would post the actual story which Coralsky did. I actually recall the story on pg. 2 with the triplets on IG too (but I was less interested in IVF back then and don't recall the details) But I find the explanation to be very, very fishy as anyone CAN get triplets even implanting 2 embryos because they can split and Savvas would have to know that. Fishy.

Low ovarian reserves lowers your chances. It lowers your chances at a good clinic. But it would be even worse at a "bad" clinic. I feel like (and I mean this as kindly as I can as I was an over 40 mom myself) you are wearing a little bit of rose colored glasses and thinking "well, more cycles surely means higher odds of success" but it doesn't if the additional cycles you are doing are a much lower chance.

The *** clinics are way better option than Cyprus so I'll just wish you best of luck and bow out now. Good luck to you.

atomic sagebrush
June 10th, 2017, 01:48 PM
Just to clarify, I skimmed the thread and the other person in question (back on IG) was a CGH opposite ended up as B/G twins. That one was just too far back for me to recall clearly. :)

SoFullofHope
June 10th, 2017, 02:24 PM

Babygirlquest
June 10th, 2017, 02:27 PM

Babygirlquest
June 10th, 2017, 02:29 PM

SoFullofHope
June 10th, 2017, 02:30 PM

SoFullofHope
June 10th, 2017, 02:31 PM

Babygirlquest
June 10th, 2017, 02:35 PM

Babygirlquest
June 10th, 2017, 02:36 PM

SoFullofHope
June 10th, 2017, 02:53 PM

SoFullofHope
June 11th, 2017, 12:17 PM

Mummy81
June 24th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Just thought I'd pop in again and let you all know that I've just read that, apparently, you cannot choose anymore which embryo gets put back - it looks like, in the meantime, it's the doctor and/or the embryologist who chooses. If that's true, then that's the end of C*** for us :'-(

Did this get confirmed? I'm planning on cycling there... this worries me...

Also re - reading the thread, so there was a mix up a clinic C?! I know it's highly unusual but still good to go into this with my eyes open!!!

SoFullofHope
June 24th, 2017, 07:18 PM

Mummy81
June 25th, 2017, 01:44 AM
Hi SFOH,

Thanks for clarifying.

I haven't been able to find the post from the lady who wasn't able to choose the embryo and whilst I know it's the risk we take by going to clinic C, it's still something we have to weigh up and manage as it's never to late to go to another clinic right up until EC day!

I'm doing my pre testing in a few weeks (hubby did his this week) and subject to all the results, I think the earliest I can get out there will be Sept so will be aiming for that

When are you thinking of going??

ever hopeful
June 25th, 2017, 05:12 AM
I've heard that too.....but I think once a clinic has had a mix up they are going to be so very very careful in the future that the chances of it happening again are pretty non existent. I'd be more worried about not being told gender rather than a mix up with embie at any CZ clinic. Good luck x

SoFullofHope
June 25th, 2017, 07:17 AM

ever hopeful
June 25th, 2017, 07:58 AM
When I did my tandem cycle it was so important for me to get as much info as possible about the donor including a photo. If this really matters to you, I'd certainly only go where you will get the info you really want. Remember lots of patients using donors are doing so for IVF purposes, rather than GS, so the info is not necessarily quite as important to some of them as they are just desperate for a baby (and I really don't mean that in any sort of negative way). It's just too big a decision otherwise. Good luck x

SoFullofHope
June 25th, 2017, 11:14 AM

Reafcr
July 12th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Hi Everyone

I'm in Western Europe and hoping to do IVF/PGD for a little brother to all our girls. I spoke to a clinic in Cyprus that said they do it but I've read it's illegal since last year. I would appreciate if anyone could share their story on safe, reputable clinics as close as possible to Europe or clinics that do it. What clinics are R and C? I joined as a Dream member but still can't find where this information is. I'm finding it so hard to gather reliable information. Thanks a lot! x