PDA

View Full Version : So my journey will start on th 27 th an I am super nervous

mybluepilot
January 10th, 2011, 08:56 PM
It's my phone consult with dr potter for the hope to get our long waited baby boy (or hopefully two)
I have tow gorgeous girls and my DH is the only male in his family, so we need that boy asap, plus I am dreaming of being a mom of boy since the gd I a had with my failed home sway with dd2 ( she is a sweetheart)

I don't know what to ask?
What to expect?
I know I am going with the best, but I am not sure how my cycle or body will respond to the hormones
all in my head now are WHAT IFs??

Can't sleep and my DH is super happy and sure it will work from the first time
( I have super sperms) yaaah whatever lol

I am 28 have no prob getting prego he is 33 healthy ( a little over weight)

What is the clomid challenge? Is everybody doing ivf must have it??

nuthinbutpink
January 10th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Dr Potter will probably have you do a clomid challenge test. He ordered one for me. You are very young for IVF so you should have a great chance of it working for you!

Typical questions are what pretesting do you and DH need to have? What kinds of results does he look for? Do you know if you are going to use GSN or PGD/FISH for selecting the embryos? Chances of multiples if you put back more than one. Any supplements that he recommends for you or DH? When can you start? Are you on BCP or any other BC now and if so, will it affect your pretesting/start dates?

Welcome and if you would like to post in Ask the Doc or in the private forums, you just need to sign up as a member. But, we will of course answer any questions you have here as well! When is your consult?

Daisy Mae
January 10th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I used Dr. P and am currently pregnant with twin girls. His nurse, Lori, is fantastic and is so good at answering questions. Just make a list of questions to ask Dr. P at your consult and if he doesn't answer them completely, you can either ask us or Lori. I found him to be very helpful, though, during my consult. Good luck!

Liv
January 10th, 2011, 11:59 PM
I also cycled with Dr. P and have a DD thanks to him! Good luck on your HT journey!

xnicolax
January 11th, 2011, 05:44 AM
I have my consultation with him on the 17th. I have been on IG for that long it actually feels like I am going to have a phone conversation with someone famous, lol. Im really nervous. I will report back after and let you know how it goes.

mybluepilot
January 11th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Dr Potter will probably have you do a clomid challenge test. He ordered one for me. You are very young for IVF so you should have a great chance of it working for you!

Typical questions are what pretesting do you and DH need to have? What kinds of results does he look for? Do you know if you are going to use GSN or PGD/FISH for selecting the embryos? Chances of multiples if you put back more than one. Any supplements that he recommends for you or DH? When can you start? Are you on BCP or any other BC now and if
so, will it affect your pretesting/start dates?

Welcome and if you would like to post in Ask the Doc or in the private forums, you just need to sign up as a member. But, we will of course answer any questions you have here as well! When is your consult?

Thank you that is a nice list of questions, I also wanted to know how many pgd does he do a year?
My cosult is on the 27th I was told an rn will call for my history but nothing yet :(

mybluepilot
January 11th, 2011, 11:41 AM
I have my consultation with him on the 17th. I have been on IG for that long it actually feels like I am going to have a phone conversation with someone famous, lol. Im really nervous. I will report back after and let you know how it goes.

Lol exact same feeling
Good luck and let me know how it went

Think Pink
January 15th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Wishing you tons of luck. You will love Dr. P!

xnicolax
January 18th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Hi, im back to update. I had my consultation with Dr Potter yesterday. He was running a little late and a nurse called to ask if it was ok. He called about 40-50 mins later. He is lovely, half of the time the conversation ended up off topic, lol. He didnt sound at all like I expected him to and conversation seemed to flow well. There were a few silences while he was going over some of my notes but that is to be expected I think. I feel positive about cycling with him, I just need to work out if we can afford it now.

nuthinbutpink
January 18th, 2011, 11:36 AM
That's great xnicolax. Glad it went well. Do you know when you might cycle? Do you have a goal?

xnicolax
January 18th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Well our original plan was June this year. But it is a lot more expensive than another cycle in Jordan so we might have to postpone it a few more months to save up. I need to have a good talk with DH and see how he would feel about borrowing some. I was still in 2 minds about going to Jordan again but it seems more sensible to go with Dr Potter with his success rates. He was confident he could get a better result and have more embryo's. Only down side is he does not think microsort will be available by then:(. Although it would be more expensive if it was, I think it would be worth it after my last cycle (we had very poor fertilisation and ended up with 2 XY embryos). It might be worth holding on and see how that works out. The only goal I have is to have a DD, if it takes time then so be it, I know she's going to be worth it:)

princess-nash
February 16th, 2011, 08:14 PM
wow i can't believe you spoke to him you must have been really excited. I will be going to HRC end of 2011 xmas time PGD/IVF for a DD. With a bit of luck we might be cycling together wooohoooo. would be really nice to stay in contact. Im 25 so hoping it would work for me first time too. If you don't mind me asking are from the UK? all the best sweetheart.
:bigboy:6:bigboy:4:bigboy:3

Vinter
February 16th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Wishing you lots of luck!!

PlanB
February 17th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Wow how exciting. Wishing you all luck. And at 25 and 28 you are sure to have great chance!

princess-nash
February 17th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Thanks ladies. I do hope our age does work in our favour. Will be 26 in march not that it should make a difference. I was planning on leaving my boys with my mum but now I'm thinking should I take my youngest with us. He will be four then. Not sure if he will play up. He played up big time at Disneyland last year? Confused.com lol

TWINSplz!
February 23rd, 2011, 10:40 AM
Good Luck!

erinhen
March 3rd, 2011, 02:29 PM
I wish you the best of luck!!

koko
March 13th, 2011, 07:53 AM
good luck