PDA

View Full Version : Girl sway, symptoms

Sagirl1
June 13th, 2017, 11:42 AM
So i got my bfp few days ago. My symptoms in terms of nausea have been less than that eith my ds1 but i have so nuch more tiredness and also spots this tine round wondering if people had similar experience with their dd? Does lots of nausea idicate girl? Have peiple had the same symptoms gor both boy and girl?

atomic sagebrush
June 13th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Huge congrats!!

Symptoms do not tell you ANYTHING about gender. Nada. Zip. Nausea has been studied and the only correlation was found a 3% higher chance of a girl pregnancy with hyperemesis. Meaning, 48.5 vs. 51.5 or something tiny like that.

I have talked to hundreds if not 1000's of women asking this question at this point and there is NOTHING to it. I had tons of "girl" symptom with my 3rd son and he is the boyingest boy who ever boyed, and my pregnancy with my daughter was identical to that I had with my 2nd son. I and several other members on here actually had the least amount of nausea with our female pregnancies (my other three boys I was very sick with, my daughter and 2nd son I wasn't)

It is impossible for there to be any difference with "testosterone" or whatever people assume in the first trimester. The Y chromosome is totally dormant and not making testosterone even if the baby is a boy. Symptoms in the first trimester cannot be being caused by testosterone and it doesn't start being made till the very end of the first tri (when most people are feeling better anyway) and you make WAY more later in the pregnancy anyway (when most early preggo symptoms like nausea are totally gone anyway)

EnglishDame
June 13th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Laughing at your comment Atomic 'the boyingest boy who ever boyed' haha!

Absolutely agree with the symptoms not being relevant though, actually I had terrible sickness with my boy and most of my friends are girl moms who didn't even feel nauseous for a nano second!

Sagirl1
June 14th, 2017, 04:57 AM
Thankyou! Put my nind at ease!

atomic sagebrush
June 14th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Laughing at your comment Atomic 'the boyingest boy who ever boyed' haha!

Absolutely agree with the symptoms not being relevant though, actually I had terrible sickness with my boy and most of my friends are girl moms who didn't even feel nauseous for a nano second!

Oh believe me, it's no joke. o.O LOL! That child may be the death of me yet. ;)

Yes my mom who had mostly girls, told me growing up again and again that she thought morning sickness was totally in people's heads. She never had one speck of it or even things like heartburn. And I totally believed her! Silly women thinking that pregnancy was in any way physically challenging. Imagine my surprise when I found myself tossing cookies every morning when I was pregnant with my first boy!! I was like "this isn't part of the deal!!" :)

Pink1980
June 14th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Love your profile pic atomic

atomic sagebrush
June 14th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Aw thanks! She has a style all her own LOL.