PDA

View Full Version : Good news, more good news and a conundrum

Prettyplease
June 23rd, 2017, 07:13 PM
Hey Ladies,

So my first good news is that I got AF today. As my first month tracking and planning, I wasn't sure but this cycle was 33 days long. So I was waiting and waiting, and so there we are. Plus I have PCOS so I was really hoping it would come soon.

The other good news. I have a job interview next week. The job would be great. Good pay, benefits. I'm really hoping to get it. It would certainly make having another baby easier financially.

The conundrum. Should I wait a few months to TTC? I mean, a person doesn't have to worry about whether it's inconvenient for the employer, but still I do. In all fairness I don't want to be new on a job and throwing up in the garbage can either. So I'm just wondering what you guys think?

Oh yeah, I'm 39 years old and the clock may be ticking a bit. lol. I have some weight to lose and I'm hoping for a girl, so in some ways, it might be better to wait. I'm just not really sure.

Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
June 24th, 2017, 02:31 PM
We talked about this already so bumping for more responses!

Kawazza
June 25th, 2017, 07:15 AM
Hi Prettyplease, how exciting about your new job opportunity. I faced a similar challenge with work recently. I really stressed myself out about it (that I was letting them down) and it was all for nothing. Everyone was so excited.
I found out how long I needed to be employed at my job to qualify for maternity leave so that I can be guaranteed my job when I return. Here in Australia you have to work for 12months before you get maternity leave. I fell pregnant 4 months after starting, so I reached my 12months by the time baby was born.
Hope this helps. GL with your interview. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Prettyplease
November 13th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Thanks for your response! How is your pregnancy going Kawazza? Do you know the gender yet? ...or did you have the baby already? It has been awhile. lol. I got so busy and I've decided to take time to figure everything out myself. I did get the job, and it's going very well so far!

I live in Canada and I checked everything out and with my employer, it is the same as yours; If I work a minimum of 52 weeks, I can get full maternity leave which includes a top up to 95% from the 55% from the government, which is fantastic! I've just passed the 3 month mark, so assuming all things went perfectly I could get pregnant any time. I've decided to wait a little longer to ensure that there's a little extra time at the end, should I need to leave work early for health reasons.. you never know. I've had healthy, full term, no issue pregnancies before, but now I'm 39 years old, so I think I should put in a little extra time; plus, there's a 6 month probation period, so I think I should not rock the boat to start.

atomic sagebrush
November 15th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Good luck!!