PDA

View Full Version : Ovulation question

love being a mummy
October 22nd, 2011, 06:08 AM
Each month I have O pains and EWCM but I wanted to ask?
Does the pains mean I am starting to O or, I am ovulating or I have already O'd
Does EWCM mean I am starting to O, I am ovulating or I have already O'd

rainbowflower
October 22nd, 2011, 06:11 AM
it can mean any of those - you can get pains as the follicles are growing due to the swelling ovary causing pain, during OV (more likely to be a sharp pain) as the follicle bursts open and releases the egg, or afterwards when the fluid that was within the follicle irritates your internal organs

you usually get EWCM before OV, and during OV. After OV it will dry up... but BDing when you have EWCM is more likely to result in a conception because the EWCM will help those swimmers get to the right place and then nourish them when they get to the right place whilst they wait for the egg

love being a mummy
October 22nd, 2011, 06:17 AM
So should I BD at the first sign of EWCM ?

rainbowflower
October 22nd, 2011, 06:32 AM
are you swaying blue? how many days of EWCM do you normally get?

love being a mummy
October 22nd, 2011, 06:40 AM
Yep swaying blue.
Um not sure how many days I think maybe 2 or 3. I am due to O in about a week so I'll check this cycle and see how many days.

rainbowflower
October 22nd, 2011, 06:45 AM
I'd try and get as many attempts into the time you have EWCM as you can without doing it daily (so, if you have 3 days of EWCM perhaps try and BD on the 1st day and 3rd day)

love being a mummy
October 22nd, 2011, 06:52 AM
Thanks, so every 2nd day from the start of EWCM.

TTC5
October 22nd, 2011, 07:21 AM
I would do what Rainbow suggested too :)

love being a mummy
October 22nd, 2011, 07:32 AM
Thanks, is that what you are going to do?

Zivic-Bubac
October 23rd, 2011, 03:20 AM
Maybe you can double check with OPK ( Ovulation predictor kit) so you can be sure when exactly you're Oing.
For the best sperm count ( which sways blue) you want to BD every 48 hours as close to O as possible. BDing every day will lower sperm count.
Timing is not crucial.

love being a mummy
October 23rd, 2011, 05:42 AM
Thanks, I'm going to get some O tests just to make sure.

love being a mummy
October 23rd, 2011, 05:42 AM
Should we BD before O with protection or abstain for a week?

rainbowflower
October 23rd, 2011, 06:07 AM
abstaining sways pink if you abstain for more than a few days, I think you should DTD unprotected every other day before OV and that will give you a better chance of getting pregnant too

if you DTD unprotected that has the benefits of getting more swimmers in there, and also will keep your pH high... and make sure you have a big O after each attempt too!

rainbowflower
October 23rd, 2011, 06:08 AM
have a read here if you want to learn a little more about frequency: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?5636-frequency-of-BD-for-pink-and-blue