PDA

View Full Version : HELP with timing of Supplements PLEASE - TTC Blue - crossposted

marcci
June 28th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Hi there,
After the loss of our son in April, my husband and I would like to try for another child. I am really hoping I can give my husband the son he was so looking forward to. I said I wasn't going to go crazy, but nonetheless came home from the pharmacy/health store with way more than I planned.

Can someone please help me figure out my day and when to take what? Now that I have all these vitamins and supplements laid out I am SO confused!

Here's what I have (#1-3 I've always taken, the rest is new for me):
1. Prenatal - Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal - I take 1 pill 3x/day
2. Vitamin D - Jamieson - 1000 IU 25 mcg - I've always taken 1 pill 1x/day
3. B12 - Jamieson - 1000 mcg - I've always taken 1 pill 1x/day
4. Folic Acid - Jamieson - 1000 mcg - bottle says 1x/day but I know I've read to have at least 2000 mcg/day to sway boy.
5. Green Tea - Jamieson - bottle says 2 pills daily with food
6. Probiotic - Natural Factors Women's Multi Probiotic with CranRich** I didn't notice the CranRich until I got home, I know some Cranberry supplements sway pink, so now I'm questioning this...
7. Apple Cider Vinegar - Bragg
8. Alka Seltzer tabs - I couldn't find the Gold - each tab contains 1916 mg sodium bicarbonate, 1000 mg citric acid, 325 mg acetylsalicylic acid
9. Robitussin - there were so many options, the one I got says each tsp contains 200 mg guaifenesin

If anyone could please help me plan out my day and when to take what, I'd so greatly appreciate it. I'm planning to go back to work next week, and would really like to be organized. I know some supplements/vitamins seem to counteract with others. I also know some supplements you should only take at certain times of your cycle (between AF and O).

Thank you so much in advance for anyone that can help me out with this. I feel so overwhelmed!

atomic sagebrush
June 29th, 2017, 11:43 AM
I am not a fan of Garden of Life because it has all those additional ingredients in it that we do not know how they all sway (such as all the sprouts and ginger and stuff) It's not the worst, but not my fave.

There is already quite a bit of Vit. D in Garden of Life. Also enough B12. No need for taking more but if you take them already you are fine to continue.

Folic - 1800 total is pretty close so I'd just go with that

No green tea supps. I feel like we've been seeing possibly opposites in people taking supplement forms of wheatgrass and green tea instead of juice/tea form. It may be so concentrated that it messes up your cycle and possibly sways pink that way (messed up cycles sway pink, it is believed)

Garden of Life already has probiotics in it; while I do not find cranberry to be at all effective for swaying I'd be too nervous to take it because it may be harmful to a pregnancy anyway. Save for another day.

ACV - I am nervous about ACV and no longer recommend for blue swayers. It lowers blood sugar substantially (would sway pink), now most people eating HE Diet can just shake that off fairly easily because they're eating so much, but lemon water is said to do the same for pH and hydration without the blood sugar lowering effects so I'd go with lemon water instead.

I'm not a fan of the baking soda stuff but if you want to use it, I'd do week of O only and just one per day. Don't go up to that mega-level of Alka Seltzer some people suggest on other sites. I have seen gobs of opposites in people who did that.

If guanefesin is only ingredient that is great! Start after AF ends or 5 days before you expect to O, and go thru O day or 3 days past O (this is a more or less kind of thing)

If you do want to use the green tea supps I'd wean off during the 2 ww by spacing doses and then at BFP be prepared to come off it totally.

marcci
June 29th, 2017, 03:53 PM
I am not a fan of Garden of Life because it has all those additional ingredients in it that we do not know how they all sway (such as all the sprouts and ginger and stuff) It's not the worst, but not my fave.

Thank you SO much for everything. I'll have to read through it again and again! I'm sure it must be listed somewhere, but being new, can I just quickly ask if there is a certain prenatal you would recommend? I just ordered more Garden of Life, but would be prepared to hold off on using those until we (FX) get the BFP, and while TTC use a different prenatal that may help towards swaying blue, or at least not have a pink swaying impact.

Thank you again so so much! Replying to all of these members must be a full time job for you!

atomic sagebrush
June 30th, 2017, 12:07 PM
I tend to have people use the trusty Women's One a Day (not the prenatal, just the regular one) I got my 3rd and 4th boy taking that. I know it's not "natural" so if that is important to you, just try to find a natural one without all the other stuff and also without megadoses of anything other than Vit. D in it.

I don't totally despise Garden of Life (there are some brands on the market I really don't like at all.

atomic sagebrush
June 30th, 2017, 12:07 PM
I tend to have people use the trusty Women's One a Day (not the prenatal, just the regular one) I got my 3rd and 4th boy taking that. I know it's not "natural" so if that is important to you, just try to find a natural one without all the other stuff and also without megadoses of anything other than Vit. D in it.

I don't totally despise Garden of Life (there are some brands on the market I really don't like at all.