PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with Frequency and Ovulation!

afya1
June 30th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Hubby and I will be trying once again, however I wasn't sure how often we should BD when TTC. I really wanted to increase fertility and chances of pregnancy. If I'm right, these things naturally sway blue? Would we need to BD every 2/3 days a week and BD on and day after ovulation??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
June 30th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Afya I replied to this in depth in a different thread so I'll just direct you there!

afya1
July 6th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Afya I replied to this in depth in a different thread so I'll just direct you there!

Thank you!

Atomic, would you happen to know about the clear blue OPKS? Does the smiley face flash at any point? Or does it flash when you are close to ovulation. Or does the OPK just view a non flashing smiley face?

atomic sagebrush
July 7th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Yes!

The Clearblues are supposed to give you 2 days of "flashy" (which is an indicator that ovulation is approaching) and then 2 days of solid smiley. The positive OPK = the first day of solid smiley on Clearblue.

The trouble with Clearblues is that this is not always the way it works. Sometimes you will get many days of flashy before solid smiley, or go right to solid without getting any flashies, or get a flashy that goes away without ever giving a solid, or a flashy, then 2 solids, but still not have ovulated!!! So while Clearblues do work for many people they can be misleading because you can't continue testing with them after that first supposed ovulation - so if it was a false positive, that's it, it's done, and thinks you have ovulated. But then you may end up actually ovulating days or even 1-2 weeks later!

They are good tools but do have their limitations! Good for people with very regular cycles, others, not always

afya1
July 9th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Yes!

The Clearblues are supposed to give you 2 days of "flashy" (which is an indicator that ovulation is approaching) and then 2 days of solid smiley. The positive OPK = the first day of solid smiley on Clearblue.

The trouble with Clearblues is that this is not always the way it works. Sometimes you will get many days of flashy before solid smiley, or go right to solid without getting any flashies, or get a flashy that goes away without ever giving a solid, or a flashy, then 2 solids, but still not have ovulated!!! So while Clearblues do work for many people they can be misleading because you can't continue testing with them after that first supposed ovulation - so if it was a false positive, that's it, it's done, and thinks you have ovulated. But then you may end up actually ovulating days or even 1-2 weeks later!

They are good tools but do have their limitations! Good for people with very regular cycles, others, not always

Thank you for the info. I'll keep that in mind

I have very regular cycles and I experience similar symptoms and discharge etc around the same time each cycle. Soo I'll try to monito bodily signs as well as the OPK

atomic sagebrush
July 9th, 2017, 01:18 PM
Symptoms are tricky too though - usually you can kind of put it all together and have a well timed attempt though.