PDA

View Full Version : IVF/PGD Thailand - help please :)

Aussiegirldreaming
July 6th, 2017, 12:45 AM
Hello!

My husband and I have two sons (1 & 3.5yrs) and we desperately want a daughter (I am not prepared to try naturally or try swaying, there has only been two girls born into his family in 100 years!).

I am Australian, however, I live in China (Nanjing) due to my husbands employment. I have considered going to the USA, but Thailand is much closer and cheaper. Has anyone been to the Bangkok IVF Centre or Superior ART? Any feedback?

I also return to Australia frequently and so I'm hoping I could get some of the medications cheaper there, is this even possible?

I'm finding it difficult as there's not much information available about the process and no-one I can go through to help here (like Gender Selection Australia.

We plan to go in early October. I am visiting Melbourne for one week in August - could some of my pretesting be carried out then, or is that not long enough?

Sorry for such a long post and so many questions. I am new to all of this. Thanks for reading if you made it this far :)

frankie2017
July 12th, 2017, 11:54 PM
I have an email from them which outlined a lot of things - I can send on if you want - it was from a few months ago when I was obsessing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuthinbutpink
July 13th, 2017, 08:07 AM
Hi there. Pretesting is done during day 2,3,4 of your cycle so depending on how that lines up with your travel plans, that may or may not work for you.

You really need a consult so you can understand the process better. We have not seen many go to SART since the military took over.

Aussiegirldreaming
July 16th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Thanks, yes I know all about obsessing haha. We have made contact with Superior ART and they have been fantastic :) We have been speaking on the phone and via emails. I have had all the blood tests done and hubby has been tested too. We will start egg stimulation here with help of a Dr in Shanghai. I can't believe we are really doing this! Now lets just hope its successful :)

Aussiegirldreaming
July 16th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Thanks Nuthinbutpink, yes that makes sense. We have a dr here to help with egg stimulation and that should reduce the time we need to spend in BK. Superior ART have been wonderful so far, let's hope it continues.

I have just had all the blood tests etc but Superior ART didn't mention that they needed to be done on a specific day of my cycle?

We plan to have the egg retrieval done in October then frozen transfer at a later date.

Congrats on your little boy :)

nuthinbutpink
July 16th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Thanks Nuthinbutpink, yes that makes sense. We have a dr here to help with egg stimulation and that should reduce the time we need to spend in BK. Superior ART have been wonderful so far, let's hope it continues.

I have just had all the blood tests etc but Superior ART didn't mention that they needed to be done on a specific day of my cycle?

We plan to have the egg retrieval done in October then frozen transfer at a later date.

Congrats on your little boy :)

Thank you.

AMH can be done any day.

All other blood tests and AFC need to be done on day 2,3, or 4 of your cycle for results to have meaning!

Aussiegirldreaming
July 16th, 2017, 11:37 AM
Thanks :) I think it's fine then. I have just had the AMH and initial bloods taken so far (hiv, blood group etc)

frankie2017
July 16th, 2017, 08:20 PM
So keen to know how you go and how much it all ends up costing ! :) still dreaming....

2boi's
July 20th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Hi Emmamadigon
Feel free to pm me. I have just returned from sart. They have been amazing xx

frankie2017
July 21st, 2017, 01:28 AM
Hi Emmamadigon

2bois - how did you go ? Was it Succesful for you ? How much did it all cost ? Thankyou !!

Kbenton
July 21st, 2017, 05:22 AM
Hi Emmamadigon

Hi 2boi's
Glad to hear how amazing they are! I've just PM'd you as we are heading over in August to SArt and I'm keen to hear how your experience was!
I'm just wondering if you went for the entire cycle? Or if you did stimulation here in Australia?

Hope it was successful for you! Look forward to your reply! Xx

Mumel
July 23rd, 2017, 08:29 AM
I'd also love to know the process, as a fellow Australian. Did you do everything in Thailand if did you have a dr in Aus to help with initial stuff?

Milagros
July 29th, 2017, 07:16 AM
Hi Aussiegirldreaming,

Sounds like you are pretty sorted with SART and know what you are doing but if you would like any questions answered i would be happy to help. I have 2 gorgeous (most of the time !!! sons) and a gorgeous 17 month old daughter thanks to SART. Feel free to PM me, i am a bit rusty on the process as it was over 2 years ago now, but more than happy to help if i can.

Milagros.

Wonderer
August 24th, 2017, 10:10 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum.
I have three little boys and hubby and I have just started contemplating the idea of GS overseas.
I'd love to know more about any of your experiences if you'd be happy to share 😊

loco76
October 26th, 2017, 06:15 AM
Hi there. We went to the USA in 2013 to do gender selection through Dr Bradford Kolb who is the medical director at HRC Pasadena - California. We were successful with a little girl on our first attempt and absolutely loved the experience and have never looked back. Dr Kolb has become a very popular Physician here in Australia and internationally. He has a fairly large exposure in China and travels their a few times a year to undertake gender selection procedures. Their is a company in Australia who partner with him called Kolb Fertility Australia and they offer a free local support assisting Australians with the journey to the USA. It may be worthwhile contacting them as they have $1000 USD off the first cycle IVF/PGS and may be able to organise the procedure to be done in China when he is on his next visit....

loco76
October 26th, 2017, 06:21 AM
Hi There. You may want to contact Graeme and Hayley at Kolb Fertility Australia. That is who we went through. They were very supportive and helped with everything which made the experience seem less overwhelming. They offer a free consultation with Dr Kolb and $1000 USD off. I wrote a similar post below however not sure if you are able to see it, so apologies if I have doubled up.

blueforbaby2
November 1st, 2017, 09:06 PM
Hello!
For some reason my PMs won't work (I think I have to post on a forum 5 times??). I'm off to S ART in December and doing the whole IVF process there. DH will meet me after 10 days which will coincide with the ER.
Feeling nervous! Is it possible to connect with some of you who have been to S ART?
Many thanks!

oz2019
October 4th, 2018, 02:13 AM
Hello bluefirbany2, we are from Sydney Australia planning to go to SART for PGD family balancing. Can you please share your experience, good Dr. name and cost?
it would be highly appreciated if you can give us your contact info so that we can talk directly.
thank you

oz2019
October 4th, 2018, 02:21 AM
hello2boi’s, can you please share experience with SARt and the Cost.
we are planning to go next year for family balancing.
thank you

Jje479
October 17th, 2018, 07:50 AM
Hi Oz2019,
Just wondering if you managed to gather any more Information about this? We have 5 beautiful boys and am really wanting a girl. I also want to head over to Thailand next year and go through the ivf process but am a little unsure still!

Walkerbabies
March 4th, 2020, 07:25 PM
Hi Aussiegirldreaming,

Sounds like you are pretty sorted with SART and know what you are doing but if you would like any questions answered i would be happy to help. I have 2 gorgeous (most of the time !!! sons) and a gorgeous 17 month old daughter thanks to SART. Feel free to PM me, i am a bit rusty on the process as it was over 2 years ago now, but more than happy to help if i can.

Milagros.

I was just wondering if it is not allowed to post details of costs and treatments in Thailand or other clinics overseas? Just want to know so I won't make mistakes. But I am interested on knowing your experiences - so I will try to pm you both Milagros and Aussiegirldreaming.

Trying#4
March 6th, 2020, 08:29 PM
I was just wondering if it is not allowed to post details of costs and treatments in Thailand or other clinics overseas? Just want to know so I won't make mistakes. But I am interested on knowing your experiences - so I will try to pm you both Milagros and Aussiegirldreaming.

Hey - I am interested too on anyone’s experiences in Thailand - currently speaking with First Fertility and was hoping to cycle in April - a bit concerned re travel but that is another issue aside from the fear of going overseas and gambling all the money and emotion on ivf to work [emoji15]

Walkerbabies
March 12th, 2020, 03:07 AM
Same here, what did they say? I'm trying to get an egg donor. How much is their treatment? Would it include meds? I'm more keen at going to Cyprus instead. Contacted two clinics there and we plan to visit them personally in April - well, hopefully.

Walkerbabies
November 18th, 2020, 04:30 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum.
I have three little boys and hubby and I have just started contemplating the idea of GS overseas.
I'd love to know more about any of your experiences if you'd be happy to share 😊

Hi dear try this one - I already booked for next year. This article sows a lot of info on ED but you have to give them a call regarding possible GS. https://www.dunyaivf.com/en/blog/egg-donation-treatment/