PDA

View Full Version : TTC a Girl need some advice!

sjcook
July 11th, 2017, 04:48 PM
We are ttc a Girl after having 3 boys. This is most likely our last so we are very excited and nervous. I have been taking 500 mg cranberry + drinking cran juice w/ sucralose, 600 mg calcium and 400mg magnesium (my dh has done the same) also cut red meat and lowered sodium and potassium. AF should start in 2 days i have a very normal 30 day cycle. Would like to make our first attemp this month. With all 3 of my boys were unplanned and we only BD once. Any suggestions what we should do as far as BD timing and any other supplements etc???

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
July 13th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Hi SJ.

Most of us on this site got boys doing the old school sway stuff like cranberry, calcium and magnesium and gave them up to get our girls. Totally fine if you want to use them of course but most of us found they didn't work for us.

I really still urge you to stick with the one attempt even though you got boys with it before. One attempt has been by far and away among the best sway tactics we have done for pink.

Again, timing is another thing that most of us tried and found it did nothing to help us. If you want to use it, that is at your discretion but I really urge you to not do those very long cutoffs of 4-5 days. They don't work and really reduce odds of conception to virtually nil. Start off with a 2 or 3 day cutoff and see if you can conceive that way before moving it up.

sjcook
July 13th, 2017, 02:53 PM
Thank you so much for your response! I have always gotten pregnant very easily, and very regular cycle.. i just had the paragaurd removed on June 13th (during AF) this week will be my second AF since its been removed so if AF ends on 7/18 we would try that day then again every few days? And you said no cut off so its even ok day of ovulation? Also is there anything i should start taking to help my chances... Sorry so many questions ☺

sjcook
July 13th, 2017, 02:55 PM
I was thinking id try the first day i start to show an lh surge (2-3 days before it is strongest) does this work well?

atomic sagebrush
July 15th, 2017, 12:37 PM
Well, what most people do is have their one attempt, and then yes start having sex every 4-5 days just in case O is delayed.

Yes it's fine day of ovulation but that's not high chances of conception, 1-2 days before O is better for the one attempt.

2-3 days before surge is going to have VERY low chances of conception. That could be 5-6 days before O. I think you'd be better off aiming for attempt a little closer to O, more like 1-3 day cutoff max (if you want a cutoff which is fine)

sjcook
July 18th, 2017, 04:09 PM
Thank you for your feedback! That helps alot!