PDA

View Full Version : Maybepink3's Girl Sway Attempt

maybepink3
October 23rd, 2011, 05:34 PM
Feels really early to post this but here goes:

Name: Maybepink3

Gender Resulted: Unknown

Swaying Attempt - Natural

PH: 3.3 before attempt, 5 minutes after 1st attempt it went to 5.3 (so did 1ml lime). 30 mins after attempt it was 5.5 (so did 3ml lime). Checked every 30 mins then remained low (in the 3's) for 4 hours. Did 2nd attempt then did lime tampon

CM PH: The week leading up to attempt it was really low (between 3.6-3.8). I noticed it spiked at O (but no higher than high 4's)

DH PH: We did abstinance but checked before this and was 7.8. Got DH to FR in between attempts and was 7.8

Douche type and when: Yes did lowering douche after attempts as stated above. Didn't do lime douche before attempt as PH was so low.

Replens and when: No. Tried it but didn't lower PH very much so didn't bother with it

Big O: No

MINERALS
Calcium: 1000mg
Magnesium: 300mg
Potassium: Low
Sodium: LOW
DH minerals: Calcium 1000, magnesium 300mg

DIET
Dietary Changes: 99% IG for 6 1/2 weeks before attempt
Did you continue diet after attempt/ how long? Yes til got BFP
Caffeine: None
DH caffeine: One cup of tea a day (decaff if available)
DH diet: 95% IG for 6 1/2 weeks before attempt

SUPPLEMENTS
Cranberry: 10,000mg fruit equivalent (1 tablet per day)
Acidophilus: 2 Tablets per day
Sudafed: Yes, 2 tablets 1 hour before attempt
Folic acid: 800mg per day.
DH supps: 1 Cranberry tablet per day, 2 liquorice roots per day
I also took Zinc, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and dispersible aspirin until a few days before BFP

Drinks:
We both drank loads of organic milk, low sugar cranberry juice and Evian. I had the occasional peppermint tea

TIMING
BD cutoff (# of days): No
BD thru O: I hope not
O+12: Yes attempted o+12 & o+16. I had a lot of difficulty pinpointing o+12 so in the end I went by timing - 36 hours after getting 1st digi +opk, seeing my PH lower and seeing CM changes. Noticed creamy lotion mixed in with EWCM during the day but DTD that evening when I saw it change to thick creamy near cervix. Still had a little EWCM/clear sticky but didn't want to leave it much later.
Frequent BD/how many days: No. DH abstinance for 9 days. Did FR between 2 attempts.
Charting O with Temp: Yes
Charting O with OPK: Yes
Fertility monitor used/type: CB Digi Monitor
Suspected O date: Day 15

IONS

Oed in what moon phase: New moon
Changed ions in other ways? I did everything I could. Ionizer and Rock Salt lamp on constantly the week before O (in lounge and on in bedroom all night). USB ionizer. Fan on when on laptop. Hematite bracelet, Rose quartz bracelet, ion bracelet. Anion panyliners every day from AF. Showers, Dr Organic soap, shampoo, conditioner. Had a bath 1/2 hour before attempt with Lavender oil. Nail varnish every other day. Aerosol deodorant and hair spray. Amethyst by computer. Ion hair dryer. Spent a lot of time outdoors in the week leading up to O. Attempt was on the night of that really hot October Saturday (Indian Summer). Spent most of the day in the garden soaking up the - ions.

OTHER
How many kids do you have? 2
What gender(s)? Boys
# of months TTC: 1 - still in shock. Got pg quickly with boys too
Your Age: 35
BD position: Missionary. Bought DH to point of no return then DTD
Jump and dump: No. Laid for couple of hours with flattened pillow under me to raise hips very slightly. Put the tele on and prayed
DH undies type: Tighty Whities
DH hot bath/shower: Hot bath before attempt for 1/2 hour
OWT - anything under bed? Wooden spoon with 3 pink ribbons. Baby vest with pink appliqued 'Baby Sister' written on it that I'd made

EWCM present/how much? Yes, I've always had LOADS of EWCM. I noticed that it got less after I'd been on the diet/supplements but still EWCM present the day we attempted. Took sudafed an hour before and took a hot lavender bath. Wasn't as much when we did attempt.

Sway attempt:

After conceiving both boys with frequent BDing both at O (DS1) and with cut off 4 days before O (DS2), we decided for DH to abstain. I was worried about doing this too as DH now 38 but in the end we went for 9 day abstinance.

Tried to track my cycle for previous 2 months but was still none the wiser about pinpointing o+12. I conceived both boys very quickly and was anxious that any attempt we did had to be the best possible sway if DH and I were so fertile.

I got a peak and +opk at 7.20am on Day 14. It remained + til 9pm that night. Monitored CM, CP etc every hour from early Day 15 but was getting really worked up about not being able to identify O. In the end I checked every 2 hours and eventually we decided to wait until 36 hours since first +opk to do first attempt. We ended up doing attempt Day 15 at 8pm and Midnight. I wasn't sure we'd got the timing right and worried it may have been too late (or too early) but got BFP 2 weeks afterwards and now praying, praying and praying it's a sticky bean x

TTC5
October 23rd, 2011, 05:52 PM
Congrats!!! Hope you get your girl!!

pinkdreams
October 23rd, 2011, 07:09 PM
Fingers crossed!! Looks like a great sway!!

zanacal
October 24th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Congratulations and FX for a sticky girl bean!

HopeandDreamG
October 24th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I have my fingers crossed for you

Sunset
October 24th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Great sway hun! fx for a sticky pink bean! :)

atomic sagebrush
October 30th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Good luck to you!!