PDA

View Full Version : TTC Pink one last time .... 😀

dollych
July 20th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Hi Ladies,

I've been stalking this board for some time now, but only just felt ready to post something!.
Hello all!.
We are going to start TTC probably around September time, so I've just started on the LE diet.
I've just turned 40 and have 3 boys 9,5 and 2 years old. With my last Boy, I tried to sway for a girl, but was blessed with our Boy.
I tried so hard with the sway. I Was really strict with the LE diet, hubby was on the supplements, we DTD once when I got my positive on the ovulation tests, but my Boy was adamant he was coming!! 😂
I did everything I could. I must admit, I'm embarrassed to say this now, but I had GD really bad..... still do some days.
I just wanted to ask if anything has changed with swaying for a girl in the last 2 years since I swayed last time?.
Is it still keep within the limits, calorie wise, no meat, bananas, whole grains etc?. No snacking, no breakfast?.
Alcohol (glass of wine every night!!)
Caffeine
Exercise daily
DTD at positive OPK
Jump & dump after DTD
REpresh a few days before DTd
I have read through the TTC girl forums and everything seems to be the same, but I am 40 now so is there anything else I can do to improve my chances?.
This is our last shot!!. Xx

atomic sagebrush
July 21st, 2017, 02:37 PM
Hi again Dolly, I remember you from your previous sway!

When I have people who've gotten an opposite in the past I like them to switch over to this diet, in this thread 5 from the top. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html Called atomic fertility diet. You will not only get better results for your sway, but also will very likely see better chances of conception at 40 with this type of diet. Don't worry about the whole grains, they proved to NOT sway blue, possibly even sway pink (due to the fiber in them).

I'd skip the RepHresh, it hasn't worked and really has cut odds of conception for people.

Everything else is looking great.

dollych
July 21st, 2017, 03:46 PM
Hi Atomic!! ��

Thanks so much for your reply, I'll have a look at the diet ��
Keep up the good work with this site, so many good results ������xx

dollych
July 23rd, 2017, 08:54 AM
I've been doing a bit more research and I think I may have a short leutal phase.
Up until around 4-5 months ago, I always had a 28-30 day cycle, always ovulated around day 14
My cycles are now different every month and vary between 21-28 days. One month I ovulated around day 8-10!!
Would you recommend Vitex?.
Thanks

atomic sagebrush
July 23rd, 2017, 03:08 PM
I don't recommend vitex for anyone over 35 as we saw absolutely dreadful chances of conception for moms in that age group.

If you are ovulating early, then it is entirely possible your LP is fine, you may just be Oing a little sooner than you used to. This is super common as we get older, our body decides it needs to put out more eggs than it was and steps up the pace a bit.

dollych
July 24th, 2017, 04:56 AM
Thanks Atomic ��
One last question...... Would ubiquinol be ok for my sway?. Just checking different options to improve fertility before we start TTC!. I'm a bit paranoid now I'm 40 and get a feeling I'm not as fertile as I used to be!!..... obviously due to my age with egg decline etc and due to my blood results below.
We've not started TTC yet, so I don't know if I am still fertile..... I never had any problems conceiving with my last 3 and was pregnant within a few months.
I had some blood took a few weeks ago.
Here are my results below......
LH 7.7 iu/L
FSH 11.7 iu/L
Serum oestradiol - 140 pmol/ L
Serum prolactin 235 miu /L

Thanks in advance xx

atomic sagebrush
July 25th, 2017, 02:33 PM
Yes, if you like. I was using it for a while and have given up on it because it did not seem to help people conceive any more quickly and it was super expensive.

I'd also take folate instead of folic acid and consider upping this to 2000 mcg (that's MICROgrams, not milligrams) a day throughout the first trimester of pregnancy (start right way, but continue till end of the first tri) and then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop it.

FSH is a bit high but that's normal at 40. :)

atomic sagebrush
July 25th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Yes, if you like. I was using it for a while and have given up on it because it did not seem to help people conceive any more quickly and it was super expensive.

I'd also take folate instead of folic acid and consider upping this to 2000 mcg (that's MICROgrams, not milligrams) a day throughout the first trimester of pregnancy (start right way, but continue till end of the first tri) and then gradually wean off by spacing doses further and further out till down to one per week, then you can drop it.

FSH is a bit high but that's normal at 40. :)

dollych
July 25th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Thanks ����x
I've had a pre-conception scan today...... Just to check everything is ok. It was a Pelvic and vaginal scan and everything is fine ��
I'm on CD 11 today and it looked like I was ovulating...... so hopefully I'll be good to go in a few cycles after being on the LE fertility diet for a while ����
Thanks againxx

atomic sagebrush
July 26th, 2017, 05:28 PM
Great!! At 40, to be honest, I think you should drop everything and try to catch that egg!!! Time is not on our side, and I prefer 40 year olds to start TTC sooner rather than later. 12 weeks on diet is all well and good but we never know when it's the last fresh egg in the carton.

Just be sure you have only one attempt.

dollych
July 27th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Thanks xx

Babybeaublue
July 30th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Good luck dolly :) I got an opposite last time too! She is 2 now and I'm back but not having much luck :(

Houseofblue
October 1st, 2017, 09:51 AM
Hi ladies! Just wanted to see if either of you have fallen pg yet?? I'm turning 40 soon too, have had 4 boys and hoping that we'll get that girl if we try one last time. I did standard LE diet for boy #4, so am doing PCOS diet this time (while still going mostly vegetarian). Haven't actually attempted yet but hopefully will soon! Best of luck to you gals! :)

chanesteyn007
February 14th, 2018, 01:38 AM
Hi ladies! Just wanted to see if either of you have fallen pg yet?? I'm turning 40 soon too, have had 4 boys and hoping that we'll get that girl if we try one last time. I did standard LE diet for boy #4, so am doing PCOS diet this time (while still going mostly vegetarian). Haven't actually attempted yet but hopefully will soon! Best of luck to you gals! :)Can you please send me the diet TTC a girl... After 3 boys ....

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Pbn3
February 14th, 2018, 03:31 AM
Can you please send me the diet TTC a girl... After 3 boys ....

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using TapatalkPosted a link in the other thread [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
February 14th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Can you please send me the diet TTC a girl... After 3 boys ....

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Standard LE Diet is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/16780-low-everything-diet-nutshell-version.html

For PCOSers, insulin resistance, women over 38 or so, and anyone with more than 30 lbs to spare https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/9052-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-3-pcos.html

1moregirl
February 27th, 2018, 07:55 PM
Anything else to take to improve egg quality that doesn't sway blue? I won't do vitex as read it can muck things up. What about maca or DHEA? Or do these things not sway pink? An L-arginine supp - or is that blue? Not that it matters to me much now anyway. I have had the endo scratch/biopsy done months ago and had the HSG about 2 months ago. My right tube is either blocked or went into spasm....not sure...and haven't been back to FS to get results to that properly yet. I think I need to do more exercise again too. Thanks ladies and Atomic.

Pbn3
February 27th, 2018, 10:41 PM
Hi 1moregirl [emoji847] now that's a username I haven't seen in a long time! How are you? Are you ttc again?

atomic sagebrush
March 1st, 2018, 01:26 PM
Anything else to take to improve egg quality that doesn't sway blue? I won't do vitex as read it can muck things up. What about maca or DHEA? Or do these things not sway pink? An L-arginine supp - or is that blue? Not that it matters to me much now anyway. I have had the endo scratch/biopsy done months ago and had the HSG about 2 months ago. My right tube is either blocked or went into spasm....not sure...and haven't been back to FS to get results to that properly yet. I think I need to do more exercise again too. Thanks ladies and Atomic.

Things that boost fertility generally sway blue (with the exception of those with moderate to severe PCOS who can sometimes be helped by things that are actually BAD for fertility since their hormone levels are too high, and this causes confusion where things that are actually bad for most people, can seem to help PCOSers - such as vitex. But that is not what is going on with you and thus you should not take anything like Vitex.)

DHEA may help anyone over 42 but yes it may sway blue.

No Maca, it has caused some really bizarre side effects, also messes up the cycle, and may sway blue.

L-arginine is not only believed to sway blue but it's also really messed up people's cycles, delaying or even stopping ovulation.

I know we've gone over this before and so I hate to be repetitive but the best thing would be a lower carb, slightly higher protein diet (so like 30% carbs, 30% fat, 40% protein) like the Zone or South Beach Diet, or atomic fertility diet, and exercise. There just isn't the magic pill to pop, that's why there are websites full of people taking all these things and not getting pregnant, because it doesn't ever come down to something we can take. Wish it did.

Good luck and sending you all my "vintage mama" dust. :)

Noemi2017
March 1st, 2018, 01:50 PM
Atomic and what about myoinositol? Is it good for egg quality? Im in two months 38, ttc from October with one early miscarriage in December. Could it help me become pregnant sooner and does it sway pink? Sorry i asked this already in other thread too:)

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2018, 01:23 PM
Atomic and what about myoinositol? Is it good for egg quality? Im in two months 38, ttc from October with one early miscarriage in December. Could it help me become pregnant sooner and does it sway pink? Sorry i asked this already in other thread too:)

Yes it's really MUCH easier on me, since I do try to answer all the questions, to post questions just once. I really appreciate that.

I feel we see good results with myoinositol only for those with moderate to severe insulin resistance. So for people with PCOS, who have a lot of weight to spare, or think that they have some egg quality issues due to insulin resistance/too many carbs.

I MUCH prefer that you guys in the "egg quality" camp first try controlling insulin resistance by changes in diet and exercise FIRST. Myoinositol may cause many people to become unable to get pregnant (many people assume they have problems with insulin and high testosterone when really they are too thin and have cut back on calories and fat intake too far) and so I like to wait till we are SURE you're really having poor egg quality from insulin resistance before trying it. It's a last ditch effort for those who actualy need it rather than the first thing to try.

So, you will want to switch over to atomic fertility diet if you have not already FIRST and give that a couple months. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-a-girl-best-practices/1865-swaying-under-special-circumstances-part-1-blood-sugar-issues.html?1865-Swaying-under-special-circumstances-Part-1-Blood-sugar-issues=

1moregirl
March 8th, 2018, 12:54 AM
Hi Pbn3. How are you? I am kind of in the middle...not trying but not preventing either. I would really LOVE one last baby girl...I really really would, but its not going to break me if it doesn't happen. Hope that makes sense. It really has helped me now that I homeschool our 3 beautiful children as I feel like I am now really cherishing the time we have together. I recently had the HSG scan but haven't been back to the FS yet to get his results on it. My right tube could be blocked or went into spasm during the test. Not sure. Left tube looked fine. I guess this gives me less than half a chance of getting pregnant, though probably more since my last AMH level was 2.8p/mol and my CD 3 FSH was 13. my odds are not looking good but I still cant seem to give up. I wish there was a magic sup I took that just worked. I have started taking a multivitamin daily, fish oil (meant to be odourless but DH is forever asking me when I last cleaned my teeth so hmmm....), magnesium, zinc, vit d, folic acid and Coq10. I have been told by a few other women on facebook pages to get onto DHEA as it was a magic sup for them in conceiving, but I worry about side effects like losing hair and getting angry. Sounds super scary! LOL! How are you going with your journey Pbn3? Great to hear from you. and thanks Atomic. I certainly am feeling vintage these days. lol!

Hi 1moregirl [emoji847] now that's a username I haven't seen in a long time! How are you? Are you ttc again?

1moregirl
March 8th, 2018, 12:56 AM
Also Atomic, I am often feeling hungry during the night if I happen to wake up and find myself eating a piece of fruit. It sometimes feels like I'm pregnant, but obviously of course I'm not. Could this be a sign of insulance resistance? Thanks

Pbn3
March 8th, 2018, 04:05 AM
1moregirl I finally fell pregnant with a sticky bean the cycle I gave up ttc last year [emoji23] Had a baby girl in January just gone (stayed team green)

atomic sagebrush
March 8th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Also Atomic, I am often feeling hungry during the night if I happen to wake up and find myself eating a piece of fruit. It sometimes feels like I'm pregnant, but obviously of course I'm not. Could this be a sign of insulance resistance? Thanks

No if anything it's the opposite - low blood sugar. :)

1moregirl
March 9th, 2018, 06:08 AM
Oh PBn3......I had no idea. Congratulations! That is wonderful news and you must've been soooo happy. And you didn't even sway and you ended up with a little girl. Very happy for you Hun! Were you still taking any vitamins or supplements?

Pbn3
March 9th, 2018, 06:18 AM
No I'd weaned off or stopped taking everything [emoji4] Thank you!