PDA

View Full Version : Girl sway timing attempt. Help ASAP!

sasjjp
July 24th, 2017, 07:03 PM
Hi! Atomic I sent a message privately but I'm desperate since it's go time so I thought I would start a thread in case other people have had this happen. So I have two boys. With My first son I did it during the days of positive opk and day after so three days in a row. With my second son i did it once when I got a positive opk. No abstinence or anything. I had a boy diet for sure as well

So this is the month we are ttc. I am a teacher so trying to time it for the April May baby. Anyways I've been tracking my cycle for months now and I usually get a positive on day 13 or so and I can usually tell by the lines on opk and in the past months the minute the second line got darker. The next day it was a smiley. Just for a few hours. So yesterday I saw that and my husband had abstained for 8 days. We dtd at 4 pm but today still nonpostive and lines the same. This is the first cycle it hasn't done the smiley the day after so I am now stressed that it is too early and I won't have a good chance to conceive. I am doing the le diet. I exercise 6-7 days a week very intensely and have lost 15 lbs in the last 3 months. My question is have any of u guys messed up the one attempt after abstaining. I was considering doing the compressed release where my husband releases twice like he did today on his own and tonight bd. Just so I'm closer to ovulation since I think it's still a few days away. I saw this was an option in one of atomically forums so I wanted any opinions before bd that way. Thoughts opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

atomic sagebrush
July 25th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Messages are never, ever, ever the way to get ahold of me fast. I will see posts in the forum faster (and answer them WAY faster).

Don't do the compressed FR now. None of that stuff ever worked for us and it's super stressful and will cut odds of conception practically to nothing. If you weren't in somewhat of a hurry to get pregnant for April to May baby, there wouldn't be harm in doing it, but I really don't think it will help at all and will make it much more unlikely that you will conceive. Just have hubby keep abstaining and then wait for the positive OPK.

you actually did exactly the right thing, just wanted to be sure you knew that - I would have advised you to have an attempt and then hubby resume the abstain. :agree:

sasjjp
July 25th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Thanks so much. Even if the abstain is only a day or two from the first attempt? Should we still do an attempt at positive.even if swaying pink? Ahhh this is all so confusing!!!

sasjjp
July 26th, 2017, 02:19 PM
So I still have yet to get a positive but feel like I may get tomorrow. It'll be day 15. We did it day 11 I feel the cut off is too long. So should we do anything or take this month as a wash. My husband is gone til tomorrow day 15 so just seeing what we should do if I get the positive tomorrow. Since it's only been 3 days since the last time

atomic sagebrush
July 28th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Thanks so much. Even if the abstain is only a day or two from the first attempt? Should we still do an attempt at positive.even if swaying pink? Ahhh this is all so confusing!!!

It's not confusing, please don't ever panic over it because the panic and frantic emotions probably sway a lot more than the difference between one and two attempts. :)

Above all else do what will bring you the results that YOU WANT from your sway. If you want the best possible sway, have one attempt (which you did) and stick with that until it's been at least 4 or 5 days and then decide what to do (so if you get a pos OPK in the meantime, stick with your one attempt; if it's been longer than 4-5 days, have another attempt at positive OPK) If you want a best chance of conception, have another attempt. Do what works best for YOU!

My rule of thumb is, if it's been 2 or less days and positive OPK shows up, stick with the attempt you had. If it's been 4 or more, have another attempt. If it's been 3, then please do what represents more of what you want personally from your sway - if you want best sway, stick with attempt you've had, if better chances of conception, have another attempt. And if you can't decide, flip a coin.

atomic sagebrush
July 28th, 2017, 03:25 PM
So I still have yet to get a positive but feel like I may get tomorrow. It'll be day 15. We did it day 11 I feel the cut off is too long. So should we do anything or take this month as a wash. My husband is gone til tomorrow day 15 so just seeing what we should do if I get the positive tomorrow. Since it's only been 3 days since the last time

Of course, if you know your husband is going to be gone, then you also have the option of choosing to toss in an attempt since he's going to be gone, to cover the days when he's away. This is fine too if you want to do that. That way, if he's gone for 3 days after this, you will be covered those three days! :)

sasjjp
July 28th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Thanks! So we dtd On day 11 like I had said. We dtd yesterday on day 15 in the morning bc I knew it had been too long probably of a cut off since I hadn't gotten a positive opk yet. Well this morning my temperature spiked significantly. Last night day 15 I didn't have a positive. I finally got a positive smiley this morning, day 16. . I guess I'm confused with the spike and smiley. The temp makes me think I ovulated but then I didn't get a positive opk til this morning. So we dtd a 24 hours before The positive. (He is working 24 hrs today). So would this be a girl sway time frame. My ph is staying low as well. I guess I'm just wondering when I ovulated and if it was ok with the attempt I did yesterday. We also did shallow penetration missionary and jump and dump. So we shall see.

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2017, 01:56 PM
Unfortunately for us, both temps and OPK can be inaccurate so it is equally likely that the OPK was wrong OR the temp was wrong (that is why we need the 3 days of high temps, because one temp or even two can be wrong)

I am not sure what you are asking me about the "time frame". Yes, it counts as one attempt because the CD 11 attempt was too far away from O to do anything. Whether or not it fit into Shettles' timing or not depends on when you ovulated and we cannot know that just yet.

I would drop the shallow penetration next month.

sasjjp
August 10th, 2017, 11:18 PM
So I just got AF unfortunately. So I really really want to try for next month bc of my teacher schedule so it's crucial I do what you think is best! My husband has no problem fr or abstaining. We did abstaining for 10 days but this month we weren't close to ovulation due to a longer cycle and his work schedule. So I guess I'm preparing now for next month and was curious on opinion to get the best possible pink sway results. Should we abstain til a positive opk with 1 attempt or do something else for best results for pink . I know you can't predict but just wanted to get your opinion so I can get prepared for the next cycle. Thanks.

atomic sagebrush
August 13th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Can you clarify - you want to get pregnant this month or you want the best results for pink?

One attempt is best, but that's not going to get you best results for pregnancy.

sasjjp
August 13th, 2017, 02:35 PM
I def want to get pregnant with pink. That is the ultimate goal! With that being said I want to do what is best to get pregnant this month while keeping the sway. Last month our one attempt was way too early after abstaining. So I guess. Best pink sway is more important But hoping for sooner than later so was just asking what route you'd go?!

atomic sagebrush
August 14th, 2017, 06:58 PM
If you had one attempt too early I would still ~personally~ do one attempt, just at a point in time that you could still conceive. But you have to balance that with your desire to get pregnant.

sasjjp
August 25th, 2017, 04:14 PM
So my husband abstained for 13 days! He's so good! :). Because of his schedule I knew I was close but we dtd at 10 pm last night. I got my positive opk smiley today at 330. Is there anything I should do to help keep ph low. I've been chugging crystal light.lol. And do you think that's close enough to the positive opk. I shouldn't do another attempt correct? Pink sway in mind. Thanks!

MiaMelb
August 25th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Yes I expect that should be your one attempt, well done. I don't think pH has any impact on swaying so try and relax and see how things go. GL

atomic sagebrush
August 25th, 2017, 10:51 PM
You don't have to get close to the positive OPK. The reason why we do attempt at that point is that it's a handy way of being in with attempt at a point in time that is good chances of conception but there's no magic to it. A little before or after.

I would not do another attempt. Well timed for conception, and one attempt is the part that actually sways.

I don't believe in pH stuff, I'm not sure what you're asking me?? Jellies or douches, or dietary stuff?

sasjjp
August 25th, 2017, 11:00 PM
Thanks! Fingers crossed!

sasjjp
August 28th, 2017, 04:40 PM
37465Can anyone tell me based off this when I could've ovulated or is it too soon to tell? Is it safe to resume having sex now based off this???

BoyMomThinkingPink
August 29th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Me and my hubby did the deed today too. Abstained for quite some
Time as well !!! Pink dust to u. Keep us informed. Im quite excited !!!

atomic sagebrush
August 30th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Too soon for me

sasjjp
August 31st, 2017, 05:34 PM

How about now? I got my first positive day 16 and today is 22. Just trying to see if I was close for bd to ovulation based off the temps. We bd late day 15. I got positive day 16 afternoon Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
September 1st, 2017, 02:16 PM
Welll...your temps are still about the same range so I'd not BD unprotected just yet. I think it's entirely possible you have ovulated, but the chart isn't proving it, and it very well may be that you haven't Oed yet.

ARe you having sex every 4 days?

sasjjp
October 3rd, 2017, 10:11 AM
So here is my bbt chart and I got this in the morning. Does this look positive and when would my ovulation date be according to the chart.

sasjjp
October 3rd, 2017, 10:12 AM
37840Bbt chart

sasjjp
October 3rd, 2017, 10:15 AM
This morning. 13 days after my first positive opk

sasjjp
October 3rd, 2017, 10:22 AM
37841. Does this look positive. I tested early

atomic sagebrush
October 4th, 2017, 06:47 PM
It does, although sometimes the blue dye ones can be a bit dodgy with faint false lines. FXFXFX!

sasjjp
October 5th, 2017, 04:05 PM
I got a positive on the digital! Fingers crossed for pink!!! Healthy too obviously! I'm trying to see about timing with our one attempt. Based off my above chart can you tell when I would've ovulated?! Thanks for all your help!

atomic sagebrush
October 6th, 2017, 04:25 PM
I can't tell from that chart, I'm sorry

sasjjp
October 7th, 2017, 10:05 PM

Is that any better. We had dtd on cd13. Got positive opk smiley cd13 and cd14 so sept 21 and 22. The dates show on bottom of this. Not cycle day
Can you see any better. And can you ovulate before you get the surge? I'm stressed with timing! Hopefully this is more clear!

I got positive test on October 3

atomic sagebrush
October 8th, 2017, 01:53 PM
It's not a question of being able to see it per se but that I cannot tell based on the temps.

You can't O before the surge, but you can have false negative OPK (so you're surging, but it doesn't get concentrated enough in your urine until the end of the surge and so the OPK does not detect it!) and so it might look like you O before you surge.